Discussion Questions about Vtubers.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ruyue, Nov 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the avatar allows them to put on a more entertaining character without seeming "fake", since the whole concept is that they're a made up character in the first place

SayMrrp likes this.
  3. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true, its impossible to keep up with everyone. My mistake. I think another correct is that Artemis isn't exactly independent either; I don't remember the name of the company, but I remember seeing some sort of logo on her Vtuberwiki ~w~

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gura is cute.

That's basically all the reason I need~

5. Gate

Gate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends how you look at it. Hololive is definitely leading the market and popularity overseas, but you look at it locally, Nijisanji is bigger in Japan.

Don’t think it’s considered a company tho......Cover Corp. is the company that the Hololive agency is under, so Cover provides the tech and stuff and manages Hololive, which is the idol agency to manage the vtubers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2021
  6. Shinsori

Shinsori Cliffmeister

Reading List:
    Link
    I just fell into the rabbit hole like a month ago. No regrets.

Shizukani likes this.
  7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19656.png
    maybe cuz avatar look, content, interaction or mix of them~
    this cat watch some recommendation pop up such they cover song together, talking stuff, play games~ honestly it just same as other stuff~

this cat subscribe to channel that contain pure music, random info, history, mystery explore, crime case, gameplay or lets play, comedy, fiction discussion such as SCP, cover song (utae or random cat).... some there no person pop up just info, slideshow or video, some have nice animation, on gameplay some have comment some silent some give tips and trick hmmm there various stuff~

imo if weird reality YouTube show such as celebrity vacation or talking each other or prank or whatever it called can be popular then so do Vtuber~

19656.png
    its not most weird thing around youtube~
    cat talking each other quite popular ya know~

Klazy Labbit likes this.
  8. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know they exist, but I haven't sunk into the rabbit hole yet. Here's hoping I can keep out of it. Fingers crossed. If I never come back, please distribute my nuffies to @Get Tony To Tease Parth Fund.

9. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Vtubers is a made up word you made for youtubers then as I read on, I remembered trash cast in my recommended that they interviewed a virtual youtuber, so I linked that up, didn't realize its a bigger thing than it first seemed to me. Live-action movies make more money than animated ones for a reason.

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    just go watch it~
    nothing really new so it ok~

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  11. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually follow and watch vtubers on Showroom Live so I wouldn't know too much about the ones on YouTube.
    Though some of them also have YouTube followers as well.
    I think I been down the vtuber hole since November 2019.... A year...

Showroom Live is a Japanese live streaming website/app that primarily deals with idols (such as AKB48) and voice actors (some of which voiced actual anime characters like May from Magi’s Grandson), comedians, musicians, and vtubers.
    It is like YouTube except that the videos and comments disappears from history after the stream is over.

12. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Shark!

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    Initially I didn't find the appeal of vtubers. I watched a few clips and thought, 'thats cute but thats it?' but I dug deeper, saw the lore, their personalities, quirks and tripped and fell down the rabbit hole. Haven't been able to get out ever since.

SayMrrp and AMissingLinguist like this.
  14. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    wow. i figured out why i dont like movies

same

15. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Nux Taku and WolfyChu.
    For the content. There is nothing wrong not wanting to show your face to others though I have seen wolfy's photo. I would still watch her content even if she streamed in her real appearance. Though her chara is really cute

16. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not Hololive EN without Technical Difficulties~ :blobpeek:

Anyway I want Mori & Suisei collab it'll bring out the Hyper Aggressive Sui-chan :blobuwu:

17. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit late to the discussion, but allow me to share my two cents...

As someone who never really got into the whole idol thing, or at least never really took a liking to it, and as someone that never really watched that many gameplays/just chat videos (I mostly used youtube for tutorials or to watch memes, the few gameplay videos I did watched were of GS games), I didn't really expected to get into the VTube Hell.

I guess it was part because of the avatar, but I'm not really sure about it since even before VTube a lot of people did used anime-ish avatars, animated or otherwise. The greatest contributor to why I like Vtubers nowadays is probably because I found VTuber Hell in perhaps the lowest point I've ever been.
    I had just lost my job, my grades were falling, my computer had just broken and I was basically spending my days in lethargy since I could neither work in my own hobbies nor in my uni projects (due to my pc going poof). I feel like the sheer positivity of VTube dragged me out of that hole (and put me in another).
    It all started with a North Korean march song sung by a VTuber that I found through a AL meme, then I started getting some recommendations on my youtube feed of VTuber clips until I finally decided to check one of them out (a Rushia one specifically).
    While I wasn't really used to watching that kind of content, it was quite fun and made me move on to watching the streams themselves rather than the clips. I think the reasons I like watching them so much is because of how unique their interactions are, since they are kind of in an in-between of playing a role as an entertainer and just trying to have fun and connect with others as a human being.

There are probably two which I'd say are my favorite, even though I haven't kept up with their streams as of lately, which are Rushia(because of how she plays up her low self esteem and insecurity as yandere tendencies in her character, but still can come across as really sweet) and Aki (mostly because of how much of a hardworker she is and because of her kind of ups and down back in the time she was less than 200k, which had basically been surpassed by most of her peers and even her juniors, and her kind of explaining on stream that even though she felt conscious about the numbers, she tried to remain as positive as possible). But even outside of those two I probably like a lot of them. For example, Luna who basically streamed her learning to play piano live. Watching her bumble through the first streams and slowly make progress was heartwarming.

All in all, I like VTubers because of the unique flavor they bring to the table, tbh.

because funny necromancer goes 「ねぇぇぇぇぇぇっぇぇぇぇぇぇぇぇぇぇぇぇ」
    [​IMG]

18. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't watch them, mostly because I thought it's all in Japanese and I need English to put as background noise. I also prefer lower frequency voices as they're soothing and I can fall asleep to them while listening. The topics could be educational or commentary. If I find one vtuber that fulfills all that, I'd probably go watch.

I got curious about Kizuna Ai a few years ago and I was impressed by the voice acting. The few other vtubers I checked out briefly just recently also have amazing voice actors - they fit the characters and express emotion better than the face animations, lmao. They're real pros. I reckon that'd be enough for the voice-cons out there. I have a friend like that. She'd watch some anime just because a certain seiyuu is there.

19. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just here for "CAFETERIA IN MY SOUL"

transcends language barriers lmao

Eh, a serious answer? They have fun personalities and awesome voices (same reason I watch YT peeps like Markiplier and CallMeKevin. Also, art's not bad sometimes, so why not? I swear, if I understood what my favorites actually said, I'd be waaaay more into them.

20. shyja

shyja 『Seinen』『School life』『Sports』

Reading List:
    Link
    Shizuuu~ You watch hololive too?blobmelt_thumbs:blobtaco::blobsmilehappyeyes:

If you wanna transition into watching the jp branch of hololive, i think watching Hachaama and Coco is a good place to start :blobpopcorn: be warned tho, they're a bit uhh... wild?

and her singing streams are great

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2021