LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. HYPERION7

HYPERION7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have to keep in mind van was horrifically tortured in origin during the medical experiments and that he kept those memories after he was reincarnated his default setting is a broken mind it is despite this he was able to gather himself because of the relationship he had with his mother eventhough it was for a short time with her in the beginning that affection is what held him together at first then it was the sheer unwillingness to lose her and bring her back to life that he didn't break again the ensuing relationships he builds keeps him together

Gin_Hindew likes this.
  2. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vida did nothing wrong.

5. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok. She did do something wrong. She did strait up necrophilia. Not like what the people in the eclipse empire since they are sentient. She just made a live doll. It didn't have a soul.

6. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except she isn’t human or bound by human morals. She’s a goddess of life. She was faced with a situation where her only brother was crazy anal and wouldn’t listen to her, she herself didn’t even want to talk to him out of mistrust, and the population of the world was too low and unsuited to survive in the new hostile world. So she did as a goddess does and made a bunch of new races that could survive easily in this new world. And then she and her new kids all started preparing an environment for them to live in.

Then like 100 years later, Alda came, attacked her and she and her kids had to run away to survive, leaving behind the territory they had prepared and worked on. Which eventually became the amid empire’s territory many thousands of years later.

Remember here, it was Vida and her subordinates that spent a century cleaning up the continent the story takes place in. If not for that action, the human race would still be confined to small islands and such. Alda just came in and stole the results of her hard work.

DragonkingKyo likes this.
  7. adrianvs

adrianvs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not english what is exactly a crazy an#l I am very curious.

8. blue skywolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I believe it was said she used some of Zakarts soul fragments she saved after he was killed.

9. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just meant that Alda was extremely strict that things had to be done his way and only his way.

10. Rexy

Rexy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah Vida is mostly good and Alda is a bastard who thinks it's possible to go back to a world before Gudurandus

11. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... While it doesn't change how wrong it is, in her defense it wasn't necrophilia.

Necrophilia means "doing it" with a corpse, while a "life dead" created by life magic is closer to brain dead person it is technically not a corpse since all body functions normally with the exception of the brain.

(I wonder if mixing the process of creating a life dead doll with van process of creating a undead wouldn't result in a true resurrection method~
    Because a life dead is technically a living body without a soul, and undead creation is basically placing a soul in a unliving thing.
    So if both are performed at same time it could theoretically create a living body with a soul)

Arbelbyss likes this.
  12. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would not be a true ressurection since the spirits Van controls are not complete. Even the most well preserved tend to miss a fraction or two. That being said it should get awfully close to it.

13. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Zakkart was a conventional Live Dead, from the info we've gotten about the past Talosheim, he had brain function. He might not have had a soul, but he wasn't like the doll Luciliano used.

14. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I agree that Vida was not very emotionally unstable when reviving Zakkart, I would not say that it was something necessarily bad, well the gods created to be alive often, Tiamat herself has created a lot of them by different means besides the classic one, even if using a corpse was a strange thing, possibly it was not the strangest thing that has been done in Lambda, and as they said above, it had soul fragments made, it was not Zakkart but it was not a mindless being, even so, as I say , the Vida of that moment was not in its the best moment. Maybe his real mistake was not revealing the idea of creating the idea of the races of Vida to Alda and the other gods, maybe if Alda had done it, or at least some gods under his faction would have realized that it is not Such a bad idea and Alda himself could not use the excuse of madness to attack Vida, and that more than something bad, it was a mistake, a serious one, but not with evil, but the result of a low trust between the two, reasonable thing, neither trusted the other

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  15. blue skywolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't be surprised if Alda was actually jealous Vida didn't try to make a new race with him considering she made one with pretty much every other race possible.

Tarrian likes this.
  16. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahahaha, I thought that myself as a joke, that I was jealous that even being literally the last of his kind on the entire planet (great god), he basically chose anyone but him, but we all know that the only being in the universe capable to make Alda's heart move seriously is Bellwood, plus Alda has no interest in creating a race or appreciation for existing ones

Tarrian likes this.
  17. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soon to be introduced in the world of Lambda, a special bitter coffee blend called Savage Roast!

DarkZealot and CountryMage like this.
  18. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, she did have kids with Zantark.

19. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    Although that is justified, in the past, Alda as the god of law had to be impartial, it did not matter if they were his brothers or his created races, he had to ensure the balance,respect for the law and the good of Lambda while being flexible and listening the common idea of what that good meant, when he began to support a group and ideology and create his own is that he began to fail as the god of law

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Arbelbyss likes this.
  20. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have an ETA on next chapter, I can't access discord because of MacOS apparently?