Spoiler Inso's Law

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 22, 2019.

1. vencia27

vencia27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know which chap about articel 34 in kakaopage? I want to read it, in eng trans it is not complete. They cuts story line. I got a little confused.

2. Yuki_Mari

Yuki_Mari Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh Srry For The Late Reply’s, In Kakaopage The Chapter Is 285

3. Bedenuamua

Bedenuamua Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know when will Yeo Ryung get her memories back?
    She lost memories after got a hit on head.

4. baiichi

baiichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mid-way through volume 10

Bedenuamua likes this.
  5. y7r8t76

y7r8t76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait Yeoryung lost her memories? Up to what extent did she forget? Also...who hit her on the head???

6. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    All and a frying pan or sth falling from the kitchen cabinet when she opened it up.

y7r8t76 likes this.
  7. y7r8t76

y7r8t76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn...I mean it's definitely different from the typical truck-kun makes you forget everything but...a frying pan from the kitchen cabinet made her forget everything?? Does anyone know how everyone's reaction was and how long her memory was gone? This frying pan must've been made from heavy ass steel lol

8. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    It only lasts at best one volume, volume 10. I happened to skip over it but I would come back to it during holiday break but yeah. The funny thing is that just before the pan hits her, she got into a car accident but she was fine. It was only until the pan that she forgot everything.

9. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I managed to binge volume 11-14 and like half of volume 15 in 2 weeks through MTL. =)))) I will spoiler what I've noted down so far.

A day after the breakup, Dani went on a school trip. She talked to Lee Minah and Hyenil about the breakup as they noticed she was feeling sick. They all agreed that Yeodan was good to her until the end and Dani said she might have truly been in love with him had they been together longer. She also wondered if it was a mistake accepting to date someone she doesn't love completely yet but Hyenil said that'd be ridiculous cuz no couple would exist then. Anyway, during the trip, they met another school which is the Sunyoul Art High School* where we get introduced with a new male character called Lee Seojin. He seems to be shady so Dani asked No Ari (the author) about his novel and noted characters down. Seojin saved Yeoryeong from her suitors and was kind to her so Yeoryeong was a bit taken with him: "It doesn't seem he is expecting something from me." (where have we seen this before hm?) Dani was surprised but also worried about Eunhyung cuz she noticed his feeling for Yeoryeong. Seojin is pretty two-faced, he's kind of like Jooin but worse. He is also interested in Dani cuz she noticed his snake vibe but didn't say anything. Dani and Eunhyung talked for a bit and Yeoryeong overheard about him having feelings for her. She flipped and was angry at him because she didn't want him to see her that way. They stop talking to each other for a while.

The next day, the school decides to go ahead with their hiking trip despite the bad weather forecast. Dani meanwhile was still under the weather over her breakup with Yeodan and her friends' relationship problems so she fell behind, Yeoryeong was with her. They got stuck in a big storm and had to stay in a different building. Jiho managed to get to them first and mentioned how Eunhyung was also looking for them. (I think) Jiho noticed something was up between the 2 and Yeoryeong felt uncomfortable so she went away without elaborating.
    He then teased Dani, asked if she was worried and whether she was impressed. He joked that she could hug him emotionally. He then reminded himself that she still has a boyfriend and saw she was feeling awkward so he turned his back but to his surprise, Dani ended up hugging him from behind. Dani revealed that she had broken up with Yeodan so she can hug him.

Jiho was in such a shock that he slapped himself, was weak in the knee, needed to sit down and covered his face. He was so excited that he was gazing at Dani in a way that she was like: Why does he look at me like how Yeodan looked at me? (After 11 volumes and 1 failed relationship, she finally figured it out :blobjoy: He went: "I don't mind if I get a cold for a whole year because of this."

Eunhyung eventually reached there as well but he hurt his hand and scraped his legs. Yeoryeong was worried but also angry so Eunhyung decided to run out in the storm. Jiho then shouted to him but he couldn't see him anymore. When Yeoryeong realised what just happened, she tried to run after him but was prevented from doing so. Jiho's phone couldn't pick up the signal so they couldn't contact him anymore. They are then forced to wait inside. They decided to rest on a desk for a bit. Jiho put his hands against her eyes, told her to sleep and she did. The sky clear up around 4 hours later.

It was difficult to search for Eunhyung. Balhae corp ended up mobilising their bodyguards and helicopters to go on a search party. Chunyoung arrived after finishing his filming as well. Eunhyung was discovered. He already had a broken ankle prior to his bad fall and was unconscious. Everyone went to the hospital to wait for Eunhyung.

It's pretty funny, this scene: Eunhyung woke up and heard about all the people hired to find him and he was like: What do they even think when they discover that who they're looking for is me?
    Chunyoung: "Bonus time" :blobjoy:

Article 48 and 49 ended with Yeoryeong and Eunhyung being in turmoil. Yeoryeong told Eunhyung that she likes him but hates the him who "likes" her. Eunhyung said he hated himself too and offered to disappear from her. She then interrupted saying that she doesn't want him to go away and get hurt. Eunhyung smiled that this was just a surprising event, he could take care of himself. He then said that instead of leaving her right away, he would slowly disappear as she started to no longer need him instead. Dani asked privately why he couldn't tell Yeoryeong the truth: that he didn't want to confess and that he didn't want to bring her into his unhappiness.

There’s another cute but lowkey sad moment in the hospital waiting for Eunhyung to wake up where Jiho was dead exhausted but wanted to stay awake. Dani asked why he was not resting yet and he was like I couldn’t sleep because I was afraid you’d go somewhere, to wherever and whomever.

Anyway, the only one who is super happy after the trip is Jiho, he took the girls home and was humming.
    "How about I go to school with you everyday?" - Jiho to Dani. :blobjoy:

While going up, she saw Yeodan and became really upset though she was still quite ok during the trip (cuz she has to worry about other people). She then told Yeoryeong about her break-up. Yeoryeong then said something about even though you're so good with each other, you still ended up like that (hinting how she's worried about her friendship w Eunhyung). Up until this point, only 4 people knew about her breakup.

Article 50: During the weekend, Dani went to see No Ari to ask about Jooin and explained that she wanted to stay in this world because she loves her friends. On the other hand, Ari just wanted to go home cuz the world changed her family and she could never accept her character as her brother (Noh Minchan, who is also Dani's head teacher). Dani thought about Eunhyung and because Eunhyung's biggest reason of not confessing to Yeoryeong was his own unhappiness that he didn't want to bring her into, she asked Ari if she could write Eunmi's recovery. In order to do this, the name of the characters has to be introduced in the original novel, she must have some kind of contact with them and the progression has to make sense as this world "is still based on reality.". They made a wish bracelet with a note saying "Eunmi will slowly recover every week.".

After the trip, Jiho started going to school with Dani everyday and they sometimes walked pass Yeodan who had been leaving early. Seojin made an appearance again and was unusually friendly with Dani. Chunyoung intervened at first and they made jabs at each other. Jiho interrupted explaining who Seojin is and was pretty diplomatic with him. Dani became increasingly uncomfortable around him because Seojin gave her a cruel vibe of someone trying to poke into a box of insects with a toothpick but was not sure how to deal with him so Jiho automatically led her away. Ruda decided to jump in at the last minute which ticked Seojin off.

Dani then looked back and admitted that she felt bad from ignoring Seojin (similar to how she did to Ruda at first). Jiho then said that Seojin was similar to him and he understood his actions/ feelings.
    Jiho said something like: “Pretend not to see, pretend not to hear. At first, I thought you didn’t really see anything, you didn’t hear anything.”
    He then explained that he was mistaken that she wanted him (or them?) and didn’t think there was a chance for the opposite but he soon realised that it was that she didn’t want them.

Dani was nervous bcs although the group was angry at her for not telling them about her problems and doubted the friendship at some point, it was the first time someone pinpointed the exact word for her feeling at the time. However, she noticed he didn’t look mad at her.
    He continued by saying he noticed that she had changed and something around her had already fallen apart (aka. her set of laws and that she knows where she is in this world).

Jiho observed that she would no longer do those things and especially “Now even if I don’t show you anymore, even if I don’t tell you anymore. You even know what I’m going to say now, don’t you?”

The school bell then rung. Dani then ran away while thinking to herself that she had started being conscious of Jiho ever since the school trip. She realised he had similar but maybe even deeper and existed for much longer than Yeodan’s gaze at her. (For the first time, she can no longer deny the existence of his feelings)

At lunch time, Chunyoung asked Dani if she had told Yeodan about Seojin approaching her during lunch time w everyone around her and she was like no...Jiho and Yeoryeong were like "...". She still hasn't broken the news to everyone.

After the afternoon class, Yeoryeong decided to go separately with Seojin. Jooin is having dinner with No Ari. Dani left the school with Chunyoung and Jiho. Chunyoung had to go to a film shooting, which leaves Dani and Jiho together. Dani was like please don't go and Chunyoung was like: if you do that, it makes me not want to go but I had to (If he had known she just broke up and got confessed to LMAO). Anyway, Jiho and Dani went home together in his car and was like silent unlike their usual bantering.

Jiho started speaking and pointed out how she's troubled by Seojin and don't know how to push him away. Although she agreed with Chunyoung that she would tell Seojin that she had a boyfriend but Dani no longer had that excuse. He then offered for her to use him to get rid of Seojin the way she came to date Yeodan. :blob_grin:

She was like but this is different though and it would be too soon to say that since only a few knows that she had broken up. He asked whether 1 month was already enough but Dani said it had only been 3 weeks :blobjoy:. However, he once again told her to use him.

Dani could not avoid the topic any longer and asked what he even liked about her and how could a person like him even like someone like her. Unlike her high school self, he had seen all the ugly sides she showed during the first year of middle school.

Jiho: "Don't talk nonsense. To someone I like"

She got flustered and he smiled while continuing: “I waited because I thought I'd know that. If I find out, I'll be able to quit as soon as I get it, and I thought I wouldn't have to bother myself with this anymore.”, “There's already a mountain of work to be done, and you don't have to put one more thing in there.”

He explained that he thought it was a matter of him making up his mind and he thought he had enough time or one of them would even get her first but she was snatched right under his nose. He wanted to hold her hands but refrained from doing so and instead played footsie to show his affection:
    “Once robbed, you have to be impatient”
    "Come to me, I'll make all the remaining regrets disappear."

Dani was like Lordt, you really are the male lead. :blobjoy: When they got to her home, he asked her to think about it.
    Dani finally understood why they reacted so negatively to her dating and thought back at how he and Chunyoung reacted the worst and was like: ok, I get Jiho now but what does Chunyoung think? One person liking me is understandable but 2??? Whut?

Rereading this and still got flustered lmao. Jiho's feelings were spilling all over the place.

Volume 12 started with the joint sports event between Dani's school and Seojin's. They are going to have a "Saving the Princess" game. Dani is her class' princess cuz it requires no skill while Eunhyung is his as proposed by Yeoryeong cuz he was injured recently. Ari meanwhile was in distress cuz eveyryone be OOC comparing to their OG characterisation.
    Another cute scene between Dani and Jiho. They were walking to school together and she was still flustered around him. I think she almost crossed the road at red light but then Jiho held her back saying something like: "I've been waiting for a few years but these days, I could get hurt if you don't answer me and avoid my eyes" and "I didn't confess to bully you. Don't pay attention to me and come slowly at a pace that suits you." :love: Idk what he means specifically but then he goes "You'll have to turn around and stand by me anyway" and then she kicked his shin. =))))))))))
    Jooin starts to detect No Ari and Dani's relationship and Ari deducts that he's spending time with her because he fears that she'll take Dani back to that world.
    Then we get to Article 51 which was a hell of a ride. Dani is still figuring out how to tell Chunyoung that she broke up cuz she sorts of aware that 3 guys like her (Hyenil pointed Ruda out). Chunyoung said to her sth along the line of "Doesn't it matter where my destination is? I want to be by your side at the end". She's pretty chill about Ruda I think. Dani was unprepared for the STP game cuz she didn't realise the stage would be an island surrounded by water (the budget due to the art high school has lots of celebrities) and ended up wearing a white T-shirt. The game is live broadcast as well but no recording device on stage. The battle begins and Seojin's team was pulling foul moves by using water balloons so the rules changed to allowing weapons aka increasing risk of Dani being exposed. The final match is between Dani's and 4HKs' class. It was pretty tough cuz 4HKs pull tactics before starting to tackle Ruda. They haven't used the water balloons yet and Jiho was like: Dani, step aside. But then Dani was thinking of something shocking to distract the other team so Ruda could run. She blurted out that about her breakup =)))))))))))))) Which ended up shocking everyone including Ruda who stood still. She then stepped back but fell into the water.
    Ruda rescued her and shouted sth like: "Whoever has the same gender as me turn away! All cameras turned off if you don't want them to be broken." Chunyoung calmly removes his jacket to cover her but everything happens while the cameras are still rolling. Jiho then calmly dropped the water balloon on his head and everyone was like: You crazy???? but then he went: If I do this then no one would be filming her. The cameras did turn on him and Dani had complicated feelings. =)))))))) Ded at how her 3 suitors reacted.
    Afterwards, Dani was laughing inside at how Jiho was so confident that his plan would work but then she said it did cuz: "I couldn't take my eyes off Eun Jiho, who swept his head with a confident expression as if he was shooting for a pictorial". Turns out Dani's shirt was actually thicker than she thought so all this drama was for nothing. She starts remembering when she came into the room when Jiho was changing.
    Chunyoung is now pissed that Jiho knew about this earlier. He was like this is a foul and Jiho was like: Foul? But I gave you plenty of time to act. Chunyoung was like even if I did, she wouldn't listen back then and Dani was like true tho.
    Dani started to remember all the signs that she missed and they all came back to her at once. Jooin managed to intervene and scolded the guys for acting entitled to her feelings and just because they like her doesn't mean it's her responsibility to reciprocate.
    Before heading to the final sports event, which is the obstacle run, someone told Jiho that they picked up Dani's notebook that was dropped into the water. He then opened it and even though most lines are now illegible, he found the only discoverable line: "The main characters of Sunyoul Art High School." (Rip)
    During the last event, the final runner was Jiho and Ruda. Jiho picked the paper that said your best friend and ran with Yeoryeong cuz Dani got stolen first and the other guys refused. (Jooin keeps bullying him lmao). Ruda managed to pick the one with "the person I like" so he managed to run with her and confessed in front of the school.
    At the end of the day, Dani was planning to say something to each guy at the firework display but when she shouted hey, all three turned to her. She was nervous, each guys went like:
    Jiho: Speak slowly. If it was the firework display, we can do this again. We have a lot of money in this school. :))))))
    Chunyoung: I said it in the morning but I don't have filming today, it's ok to speak slowly.
    Ruda: If you're nervous, you can talk to me on the phone.
    Dani rejected them all for now because she wants to know her heart better. She regretted how Yeodan and her ended up so she needed time. The guys understood and were chill about it.
    Ruda: Glad I confessed on the same day.
    Jiho: People say I'm blessed with what I was born with but what I'm most confident about is trying hard.
    Chunyoung: I don't care how long it takes, I won't back down now.
    End of Article 52.
    Shit be going down in the next articles though. The author is so good at describing the atmosphere. Even with the MTL, I can feel the heavy feelings and the amount of callbacks is so hard-hitting.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  10. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I noted down these things as I read so they aren't perfect summary.
    Article 54: The larger first half is between Chunyoung and Dani having a conversation on her apartment's rooftop. Chunyoung has become really popular thanks to his supporting role in a successful drama so he can't be free as he used to. Dani mentioned how most of her memory has recovered. She asked him how he started liking her and then asked why he said "I like you because you don't expect anything from me" if he was going to like her anyway cuz she tried really hard not to like him romantically. He explained that he had always had a blunt personality which everyone wanted him to change like he's broken and needed to be fixed. He likes her because she accepted him as he is though Dani thought to herself it wasn't acceptance but it was because she "decided that's how he is". However, Chunyoung recognised that as well but it doesn't matter to him. She asked if he didn't want to change, why he was trying to become an actor, thus changing himself?

Dani then planned a trip with 4HKs + Yeoryeong and their +1 to the valley where Jung-in (her class president) has a villa so Chunyoung can have his privacy. Jooin's +1 is Ari whom he had been spending a lot of times with. On the road, she noticed Jiho is looking distant so she asked if they was anything wrong. They argued a bit. Dani wanted him to tell her so they can have equal footing and he said something about giving her a hilt to wield. She was like: Do you assume I want to hurt you? (sort of like that) He was baffled by her action but then calmly explained to her that he gives her "a hilt" not for her to freely hurt him but for her to make her own decisions. However, he then wrapped his hand around hers and said he needed her to hold onto it because he's scared that he could not give this up. (He's very close to figure things out).

Here's the heartbreaking bit: Jooin and Jiho had a conversation at night where Jooin revealed that he had gotten rid of everything he collected as Ari requested (Dani explained to Ari that Jooin actually likes her). They argued. While Jooin willingly abandoned facing the truth, Jiho wanted to seek it out no matter what because he wanted to be on equal footing with her like she said and they needed this or the fundamental problems wouldn't be solved. Jiho was like are you afraid that you won't be able to love Ari and Dani anymore if you know the truth? Jiho also questioned why Jooin didn't recognise his stepmom's true personality while he could when they're both equally perceptive. It's either he pretended not to know or something blinded him. (probably here means the novel's plot).

Something to note here is that Dani also had a feeling that Jiho would be the one to figure things out because he shared the same mindset as her, seen from the way they approached studying.

Chunyoung also receives a lot of development. Dani overheard that he and his uncle argued about a job he didn't want to accept and she asked if he cancelled his job for this trip. He said yes and she got worried. He confronted her asking why she's so afraid of hurting him and he asked if she did this with Yeodan as well. He hits the mark as she thought it was true that Yeodan and Chunyoung were very similar. But Chunyoung said sth like: regardless, you have already affected me. He then told her that he lied, the job was for after the trip and she was like: when did he know how to lie. He also said sth along the line of "that's one lie uncovered, I hope the rest of the lies you have will be so miniscule, it's ridiculous".

For Jooin, there's a scene where everyone is having a penaty drink game and Ruda drank the punishment for Dani. Jooin remarked: It feels lonely though. When Ruda wanted to isolate her, I thought I had met someone like me but I could never take that drink for someone like that. They played a game and everyone realised that Jooin liked Ari. The 2 went out to have a talk.

A cute scene but still pretty devastating is that Dani and Jiho were hanging out on the sofa in the villa and Jiho said something like: should we go somewhere just the 2 of us some other time?

Article 56 is named "Anxious foresight is never wrong".

They were having a party at Dani's house to congratulate Eunmi's recovery, Chunyoung's job finish and Jiho returning to Korea after summer. Jiho asked Dani to bring Ari as well and Dani was like: Why? but ok? During the party, Chunyoung revealed that he'd be quitting entertainment industry as a whole. When they were alone together, Dani asked why and he whispered that he wanted to spend more time with her.

And then shit hits the fan. After Eunmi left, Dani discovered Jiho and Eunhyung holding the wish bracelet. They cut open the bracelet to reveal the piece of paper. They all sat down the table and Jiho started revealing his investigation. (It's a very chilling interrogation). Jiho nailed everything from their world being a novel and almost down to the detail like Dani didn't know them beforehand the same way she knew about Lee Seojin and why Ari could not simply be a shaman. The only thing he doesn't get is how Dani herself figures out Ari's the author, which Ari actually didn't originally know that this Dani is not her creation that went out of control but an actual person getting transmigrated.
    He then asked her: How close to the truth do you know?
    The novel ended with Dani taking a deep breath, saying ok.

Article 57 is basically the reveal. Dani started to slowly reveal everything except for the novel plot itself. Yeoryeong asked her where her Dani is because the Dani in front of her still is very much the one that she has always known. Dani revealed that basically, she is living as both because she also held the other Dani's memory. Yeoryeong although reacted negatively at first. She choked on her words when she realised that Dani didn't want to be with them at first because she didn't them as “humans”. She was angry at how the author made their lives, esp Eunhyung so miserable. Ari simply answered that it's based on reality and not everyone has a happy life. Eunhyung calmed her down, telling that at least she had brought Yeoryeong into his life.

Jiho and Eunhyung only felt helplessness rather than true anger. Dani understood that Jiho would feel resentful because among them, he absolutely believes in shaping his own future ("I'm most confident in trying hard" and "I can't skip all the steps like Yeoryeong does"). Jiho told her that he can't return to the time before he likes her and he doesn't regret it but he does feel helpless that it was the work of one man and not a twist of fate. He also stated that all of his life, he's done the most logical things except for liking her. Dani took it as him thinking he likes her because Ari wrote it that way :(

Jooin was pretty calm throughout and asked Ari if she would still like him if he hated her and said that even if Eunhyung is ok, he isn't and left. Chunyoung left with Eunhyung without saying anything.

After the reveal, Yeoryeong came around pretty quickly and they made up. She also recognised her growing romantic feeling towards Eunhyung after that. Chunyoung didn't contact her and she discovered on the news that he had joined a new agency and continued acting. Dani took it as if he doesn't like her anymore, he won't need to retire. It was shocking but "no tears come out".

Article 58. Chunyoung basically cuts off contacts with everyone. Jiho didn't go to school for a whole week as well. When he returns, he acts composed as always but Ruda noticed something was wrong between them so he provoked him to go to the rooftop with him. Jiho agreed and Dani noticed he had the same cold expression with her when they first met. She thought to herself that she never realised how much the return of that look would shock her and she suddenly reflected how much he had changed to become more relaxed. Regardless of her decisions about his confession, it was only then that she had that thought about him. She told Ruda not to fight him and Ruda encouraged her to talk to him instead. He said he doesn't like her talking to him alone as well but there's a bond that only they have.
    She said she thinks Jiho doesn't like her anymore but Ruda begs to differ. He thinks Jiho is just unprepared against failures, esp when the failure is about her. He went on to point out the flaws of Jiho's utmost belief in hard work. To simplify, he said that the only reason why he believed in it so much was because he knew it would yield result, therefore, he has not known what it means to fail and couldn't understand the mentality of those who give up halfway.
    Ruda then said: "It'd have been better if I am the same person I was in 1st year." (cry)
    (Ruda's development is so good :()
    Jooin overheard the whole conversation and had a moment with Ruda. (I think Jooin felt even more lonely now that Ruda has become even more different from him) Ruda was actually upset when Jooin said he hated him.
    Anyway, Jiho told Ruda to put it off until tomorrow because it's mock test day. Ruda is pissed like you be worrying about grades while this is going on. They argued some more and about Jooin as well. Jiho was like does it look like I'm someone who doesn't work hard? Dani chased after Jiho and told him not to misunderstand Ruda. He then ruffed her hair like he did when they were at the villa and said to see her tomorrow, which gets Dani confused about his current feeling.
    After the mock test, they got results back pretty quick and for the first time ever, Jiho completely flunked the exams, only got 9 points in total for all subjects, which shocked everyone and they were looking at Ruda like: Did u do this? Ruda was like wtf? Idk how it happened. Jiho acted pretty chill about it and told Ruda to come to the roof but Dani came up instead. Dani asked what happened with him?
    From my understanding, he was pretty relaxed and in a daze until he realised Dani is there with him on the roof.
    He told her to come down hurry because of the incident with Choi Yuri: "I keep dreaming of going back to that day. Choi Yuri was pushing you, but I can't hold onto you like that day because I was a bit late."
    Dani then thought about how Jiho who had nothing to be scared of in the world is scared because she was here (on the rooftop) with him.
    He begged her to at least come down. He finally told her he did all of this because he wanted to see what's the extent of his free will and he said he could do it all except quitting her. She told him that everything has already deviated from the novel without knowing: he was supposed to like Yeoryeong, not her. He said that it didn't suddenly change but it was Dani's hard work that change all of their lives. He cried a lot during this confrontation.

Dani met up with Chunyoung again and he was pretty chill about everything actually. He said he has nothing to fear and he says he doesn't care about the secrets she holds. At the end of article 58, he and the idol Yerin who he had been working with, had another cooperation to do something (which results in him joining the agency).

Article 60 and 61 is about Dani, Ruda and Hye Hil's boyfriend Lee Jihan going into "The World of Monsters". It was a good arc. There was a bit of Yeoryeong and Eunhyung moment as well. Dani for the first time saw Ruda's capable assassin side while they were in that world. Mentally, they were there but physically, they were found collapsing in class 8's haunted house. Lucas, Ari and Jooin went to Seokbong Middle School where the world was supposed to be located but Ruda was pretty much able to handle everything. Ari was upset seeing her story world is wrecked though. Jooin and Ari managed to reconcile a bit.

When all 3 woke up, Hye Hil and Shin Seohyun asked if Dani was from another world. They realised this because when Dani was gone, they felt something was missing, similar to how they feel when they forgot their memories with Lee Jihan. Yet despite of the kids' missing memories, they still had some types of feelings towards him and managed to reconnect. This reassured Dani that even if memories of her disappear, feelings remain and she can always reconnect.

Chunyoung also visited her and Dani expressed her worry about him trying to do things on his own and sacrificing himself. She asked if in danger, would he run away? He said no, he would not run away nor be idle, he would just ask his brothers for help if it comes down to that :blobjoy: He said he was only doing this because it's something he can handle.

Article 62 "The attitude that we accept separation". After she gets discharged, Dani wanted to tell Ruda about the world she's from but Ruda said he doesn't need to know because there are aspects of him that even he hid from her. The volume ended with Yeodan finishing his CSAT and their family with Dani went out for dinner. At this point, they have relatively both moved on and is at ease with their break up. (There were scenes here and there where they found it hard to face each other and Dani cried every now and then about it). They wish each other well wherever they decide to go (Yeodan is moving in with the dude that sets him up on the fateful blind-date). Basically, closure and farewell to their first love.

Article 63. Dani was trying to investigate into why Chunyoung joined Yerin's agency. Jiho told her that a person named Na Yeri might know about this but he also told her not to find her nor to ask anyone her but obv, Dani ain't gonna do that. She asked the Kim twins cuz they're also chaebol but they wouldn't say. Dani was like why could this be? She went home and remembered that after that party at Jiho's family's company, she received a lot of business cards and she found Yeri's contact among them. She arranged to meet her pretty easily cuz Yeri did tell her to find her when things get hard. First meeting and Yeri already went tsundere + spilling all the family tea to Dani in true webnovel fashion. (Yeri and Yerin are separated twins due to their parents' divorce and their father is an abusive mess, Yeri went with her mom who was in a worse financial situation but then turned successful apparently). She then said that Yerin might have known Chunyoung's weakness for her gain like how she knew Yeri had a boyfriend when her parents were planning to set her engagement up with someone.
    Then she was like: Yes, it was supposed to be Eun Jiho. Dani was like whut?
    Yeri explained that she doesn't want a political marriage but she was willing if the other person was Eun Jiho. However, Jiho was always courteous but avoided her so the chances of them ever getting engaged were getting lower and lower (Jiho had already started to like Dani since 2nd year middle school). She was doubting herself until Dani gave her the encouragement to not give up (the party arc).

After getting the info, Dani left feeling something about that new revelation. She started thinking about how she was planning to reject all 3 because they are all dear friends to her but Yeri started making her 2nd guess herself (Why could this be hmmmmmmm?).

She then received a call from Jiho who was right outside waiting for her. He was like it was my fault for not expecting you would come. They went home on the subway instead and Jiho decided to stand in front of her even though the subway is empty. Dani suddenly realised in her heart that she has grown greedy for something that she shouldn't want and asked Jiho how to get rid of it (gurl). Jiho was like I also failed as well. She was like I thought you were talking about career consultation and he told her that if he said he was greedy for something, it would always be about her. Anyway, Dani realised she felt SOMETHING alright. She went home, suddenly remembered his "Come to me, I'll make all your remaining regrets disappear" and I think she screamed into the pillow because of the cheese.
    At the end of the article, she wanted to determine what feelings she has for Chunyoung and Jiho, respectively. (F to Ruda).
    The article titled "The male protagonist will always have a fiance" =))))

Article 64, 65. It’s mostly about other characters. March 2nd was coming soon. No Ari is determined to get back to the other world and asked to stay with Dani for a while. Dani offered to voluntarily take her to the other world but even then she isn’t sure if she can anymore because she felt her existence is already complete after recovering all the memories before she was 13 (KR age). Dani called everyone and said she might have to do that and everyone sent well-wishes. It didn’t work as she expected, marking the first March 2nd that didn’t send her back. Eunmi and Hwian (Hwi Yul’s younger brother) got discharged and became rival at Sohyun HS. Eunmi confessed to Dani about her crush on Chunyoung, developed when Eunhyung had to care for their dad after the accidents. Chunyoung went to see her very often and texted her everyday. Dani felt bad but Eunmi said she doesn’t have to worry because Chunyoung’s not the type to change his mind about sth. Yerin and Chunyoung still have problems and Chunyoung wants to show her what she needs isn’t his power and money and her blackmail doesn’t actually work because he can just ask his family to sweep it. Still don’t know what his plan is but Chunyoung only seemed to agree doing this out of pity. That seemed to piss Yerin off.

Anyway, everyone except Chunyoung went to a free baseball match to better the relationship between the Kwon’s and Ban Hwi’s siblings. There was a kiss cam (surprised surprised) that direct at Eunhyung and Yeoryeong.

They argued, kissed and held hands but they still haven’t officially dated. Eunhyung tearfully asked her to wait for him because although Yeoryeong had started developed feelings for him as well and started to be really open about it, Eunhyung thought she was mistaken. Anyway, they agreed to date after CSAT is over, ending the turmoil between the 2 completely. Jiho and Dani only have a short moment here. Dani was holding the jacket Yeodan gave her before she left to see the match because it’d get cold. She held onto it the whole time and only started wearing after the match. Jiho was like where did you get this and then he figured out. He asked if she likes it. She said only because of the university name (Korea University, one the SKY/Korean Ivy League). Then he asked if she wants to exchange jacket when they get to uni. She was like why? He said check online. She figured out, fake mad and started blushing which she tried to hide from him.

Article 66 is pretty long. Dani had a talk with Chunyoung on her flat's rooftop again. They talked a bit about his problems and he said it's already solved. He flirted with her a bit and then left. Dani still often blushes at his remarks iirc. She called Jooin about what Chunyoung can possibly be up to. Jooin commented while Jiho would go after someone with malice intent and bear the consequences, Chunyoung would be (in my understanding) killing people with kindness. Dani understood this because when she retrieved a piece of past memory, she was distraught and encountered Chunyoung who gave her a lot of kind words. She was thinking whether she could live without him and it was something Eunmi experienced as well. (I think the point is here is that Chunyoung be really kind and made others flutter but it's just in his nature.)

Article 67. Dani's parents told her that they wanted to move their house to the countryside because they are buying a nicer house and more relaxing. It's something her father wanted for a long time and they couldn't wait until Dani has finished with her CSAT anymore. Dani was feeling sad because she couldn't go to Yeoryeong when she's happy or sad like she has always been. That and Na Yeri becoming an exchange student stresses her a lot. Dani started to revert back to being insecure about herself. She saw that Yeri as more competent and Jiho has always liked competent people so she avoided Jiho and let Yeri chase after him, which pissed Jiho off cuz it's like she's abandoning him. After a football match with Ruda, Jiho went to buy ice cream for everyone which he told Dani to pick first but Dani avoided once again. Jiho pointed out how she had a habit of picking last so she would always end up with things that she doesn't like. He was angry, saying alright, I won't prioritise you anymore if you hate it so much. Anyway, Jooin had a good talk with Dani. Dani was like so you think I should date all 3 of them? Jooin was like do you think you're talking like you're someone would date all of them? He then pointed out her inferiority complex, her habit of running away when she saw a "more competent" rival and how she was still hurting because of the memories of her past (where her mom would berate her for not being as good as Yeoryeong). He told her that she could recover with replacing hurtful words like how he used her words to cleanse the horrible words his stepmom left behind and maybe then she could learn to love herself a bit as well. :(
    Dani felt better and decided to slowly deal with her problems.

First, she told Yeri she wouldn't help her with chasing after Jiho anymore. Jiho overheard, the 3 had a talk and Yeri was like: should have told me sooner cuz I'm not the type to chase after someone who already has someone else in mind. Yeri left. Jiho and Dani have a talk. I think he said something about how he wanted her to allow him to choose her to be his top priority but he doesn't know what to do if that doesn't happen. (Very confused bcs I forgot the context, but it was this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/681526819496656977/781577700489691176/image0.jpg)
    Dani held his hands and said that she knows that he seems to know everything about her but there's something he gets wrong as well: all the things he did for her, she never hated it but she just wasn't comfortable enough in public like that. Anyway, she held his hands really tight and he was like: Do you have anymore words to say to me? She tried to run away again but he held her hands again. She finally admitted that she still needed a bit more time but she promised that she would not run away from him anymore and he calmly accepts it. The group hangs out at Dani's new home, Dani also told Chunyoung and Ruda that she needed a bit more time as well. (Her complex is still a big issue for her, esp with her memory is now more vivid than ever but she's slowly working towards recovering from it).

Article 68 is short and sweet, like a declaration of love between friends (aww). Dani asked Yeoryeong if she could have a sleepover today. She told her that she has decided to response to each guy. Yeoryeong said: That means you have already chosen one, right? Dani agreed. They talked about how their relationship would be when each starts dating. Yeoryeong said that Dani would still be her top priority. Dani thought to herself something like I want the protagonist of my story to be you because it's the most complete. Dani still didn't reveal who though. (Author likes to keep us on our toes and she does switch between cute scenes with each guy so every guy has equal opportunity).

Article 69. Ari was invited by the film crew of the "Country of Fog" to do an interview with Chunyoung (the film is adapted based on her award winning book that she submitted in a competition, Chunyoung is the ML in that movie with Yerin as the FL). She asked Dani to go with her because she was scared. He was surprised to see her cuz Dani forgot to tell Chunyoung about that. Chunyoung had a talk with Yerin. Yerin met up with Dani at the shooting where there is a haunted bell (?) there. Dani warned Chunyoung that they would meet up beforehand. They were talking about Chunyoung and Dani told her that who she needs isn't him and there will always be someone out there waiting for her. Chunyoung and Ari were both standing nearby watching over her. Meanwhile, Haun, the actor who was Chunyoung's co-star in the drama and was jealous of him and was angry at being used by Yerin (?) decided to untie the bell or sth. Chunyoung pushed the girls out of the way and ended up being heavily injured.
    Article 70. Ari tried to rescue him on the spot but her sentences won’t work bc there’s no natural way for him to recover. The filming location was on a mountain so they need a medical helicopter but his chance of living is tiny. In order to save him, Dani decided to tell Ari about the closed school where she once saw Chunyoung during the courage test she took with Jooin and believed it's a portal connecting to another world. Ari told her she had never written about it at all. The group decided to take them there. Only Dani and Ari went in. They were chased a black suit wearing man. As Ari opened the doors, they started jumping through time and space: the primary school playground with Jiho and Jooin, Ruda’s house in America when he was trying to run away but nothing happened when Dani tried to open the door. They are trapped. The man closed the doors and began to explain to them what this world is. He’s the manager connecting the other world to the novel world.
    There's a lot of technicality in world traveling but basically, only people who are mixed between worlds and the author can travel freely but location of these gates are everywhere. Like the hospital in volume 8 where Chunyoung and Eunhyung said they saw her for a while but she wasn't actually there (If I'm not mistaken). He also explained that you can only travel because someone wants you to be here (aka. how the original Dani brought the current Dani to this world). There's a lot of contradictions in his explanations at first but they are explained. Dani said she saw an older version of Chunyoung being here but he explained that it could only be a dream so there's no past or future jumping. Even if she could, there wasn't any guarantee that the trajectory would be different I think. Ari was sent here because No Minchan was lonely (?) and wished for her despite Ari not having any counterpart in this world, unlike Dani. The manager also told Dani that she couldn't go to the real world anymore because she had already become an actual character. Jumping world wouldn't make any difference except forcing other characters of this world to deal w CY's death on their own.
    Dani finally gave Ari her request that Ari promised she would do if Dani could take her back. She asked her to erase her existence because it would be changing the set-up entirely. Ari accepted and went through the door leading to the real world where her power is the strongest and where she could change the set-up to save Chunyoung.
    After Ari left, the manager warned Dani that her change would take effect immediately and if she doesn't fit into this timeline, the other managers will pick her up. Usually they would send her to where she begins. He explained that one's existence is comprised of 2 things, your own memory and others' memory of you. However, because she's no longer half a real person, she can't be sent back to the real world and because she never had an existence in fiction, she shouldn't expect any characters to have any lingering memories of her like how they usually were when Dani could travel back and forth. (Yes, what the other managers would do is kill her). He told her to be careful of darkness, alleyways and dreams. Dani left the inbetween world and went back.
    The final lines of Volume 14 went: "Before entering this school, the 3 people who apparently would wait for me to return disappeared. The only thing that greeted me was the gray grass standing upright without any depressed marks, as if proving that there was no one in this place."

The tag said comedy but it really be like that. I think it would take a while for me to spoil volume 15 because it has so many parallels and callbacks that reading it would be more worth than reading the summary. It's very emotional and character-driven and there's so much insight and reflection on Dani's part
    esp how she felt like she had taken Jiho's feelings and changes for granted
    . I can only say that:
    yes, Jiho was mean to Dani. This is due to his extremely utilitarian and calculative self that he would become without her. He did hurt her a lot intentionally and unintentionally but he also uncontrollably and almost overbearingly cared for her. Jooin was also cold to her. The 2 most logical people are the most suspicious of her. The rest made friends with her quite quickly. Chunyoung usually follows his heart more and he had connection with the closed school so he also came to like her as quickly as well. The other people actually all remembered her because they weren't characters of the same story. However, their memories can't save Dani from the managers, she had to fit herself into the 4HKs + Yeoryeong's novel. Dani also be worrying about her exams while death is knocking on her door

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    chariella, MianneChan, Priar and 15 others like this.
  11. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I will be finishing the MT university arc soon. It's actually very good at exploring their relationship as a couple. It's not just pure fluff. Jiho and Dani are no longer the same people they were, even more so after the final arc so there's always something new about them to discover.
    Most of their fights are silly (how Jiho decided to take on their group project on his own, how Dani wanted to go on cherry blossom viewing and other misunderstanding) but they did uncover some core differences between the 2 despite sharing so many similarities (esp in their character arc). Dani pointed out that Jiho has the tendency to overcompensate but never apologise. While Jiho thinks words are meaningless and he doesn't want to take her sadness lightly, Dani still wants to know why because she wants to judge for herself whether what he said is reasonable or just excuse; and if he keeps acting before her knowing, she would never stop feeling forced to forgive him when he makes mistakes because he ended up making so many sacrifices and hurting himself in return (the hilt).
    It's also really sweet how in the final chapter, Dani was feeling sad and wished she had listened to him when his judgement is always correct, Jiho disagreed and said that if his choices made her unhappy, it means they're not the right answer. :(
    I love them lol.

12. Yumiko Heartfilia

Yumiko Heartfilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you sooo much:)
    You're and angel!!!!! :aww::aww:

13. vencia27

vencia27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are you read them?? I want to read "the world we meet again" side story, but i need coin to read them. Do you know how to buy coin in kakaopage?? Thank you

14. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I read for free on Kakaopage but I also bought volume 11 to 14 on Ridibooks. You can get one chapter free daily on KKP.

greeneyedfairy likes this.
  15. limnkaay

limnkaay Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also I read in the spoilers somewhere that Dan-I was actually supposed to be distant from her at middle school and that Yuri was actually somehow supposed to be the og best friend from middle school up or something. Its wack

16. fireflying

fireflying Lost Boy

Reading List:
    Link
    ... and such valuable information they failed to mention throughout the entire manwha? :hmm: so niceu

17. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing unusual. Manhwa has only adapted up to volume 4, that part is revealed in volume 8 when Dani for the first time in 4 years managed to be in the other world long enough for her to binge through Haegarim (the original novel).
    In Haegarim, Dani and Yeoryeong didn't make up after the big fight. It persisted and got even worse after the high school entrance exam. Choi Yuri became best friends with Yeoryeong in high school.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  18. clzeynp

clzeynp Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone answer the following?
    -how dani is making the transition to her world?
    -When did dani start to love jiho?
    -dani and jiho's first kisses?
    and sorry I use google translation:((
    Please answer

19. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If you mean how she gets to and becomes permanent in the novel world, it's because: the original Dani wished for a Dani who won't become envious of Yeoryeong (if my understanding is not wrong) and in order to become permanent, Dani needed to recover the original Dani's memory.
    2. It's very gradual. Dani and Jiho spent a lot more time together from volume 11. Jiho was very forward with his feelings.
    3. Their first kiss was only mentioned in the side story but they kissed on her house' veranda. Very casual and pretty spontaneous.

chariella, MianneChan, Priar and 8 others like this.
  20. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished MTL Haegarim side story and lordt, it's good but more depressing than I thought.
    Dani was wrong about the whole genre of the original novel lmao. I would argue that Haegarim is a tragedy about broken people and maybe yuri because of the sheer pining Yeoryeong has towards Dani. Haegarim refers to a solar shading device. Be aware that I might mix up in terms of sequences.
    Yeoryeong and Yeodan were born geniuses who had a hard time mixing with the other kids because of their childhood education and their parents’ fight over it, causing them to become wary of people especially adults. Realising that their kids need more sociability, their parents decided to talk to Dani’s parents and the 2 families started hanging out. Dani at first didn’t understand anything so she couldn’t join the pair of siblings’ inner world. But while the siblings were reading, she started picking up reading as well. However, their parents wanted them to actually play so they were forced to be on the playground. Yeoryeong ofc attracted all kinds of attention on the playground, including the playground bully. He tried to isolate her because he liked her. Yeoryeong was uncomfortable but she didn’t know how to act (since she mostly dealt w adults in the past). Dani stood up for her and dissed the bully very eloquently (thanks to her time reading w the siblings). Yeoryeong asked if she understood anything Yeodan and her were discussing. Dani said no but also added sth like “But wouldn’t you rather need someone who understands your heart?” Yeoryeong teared up and said yes. (From that day on, Dani became the light of her life).

One day, Dani was playing on the jungle gym and the bully, angry at being humiliated and jealous w her, pushed her down causing her to be hospitalised. Yeoryeong was extremely upset and asked (?) him why he did that in front of the adults. The boy started crying and said it was an accident. Yeoryeong knew he was malicious and was like if he was so easily forgiven by the adults because he’s a kid, maybe she should act like one as well. Yeoryeong decided to beat up the kid in front of the parents. (Her resorting to violence as a way to protect Dani stems from this. There are more occasions where Dani gets targeted bcs of her association with Yeoryeong).

In primary school, Yeoryeong was consistently asked to drop out of hobby classes by other students bcs she got too good effortlessly. She complied bcs she felt bad for them and they would act thankful but then turned around and criticised her for giving up too easily behind her back. She was very hurt by it because she wanted to try all these classes to know the extent of her capability. Dani saw and comforted her, criticising the other kids for their inferiority complex that manifests into envy (basically saying all the things Yeoryeong buried in her heart). Yeoryeong loved Dani even more. However, (iirc) the kid who asked Yeoryeong to drop out of art classes started to shit talk about Dani and she got pissed. She decided to take matters into her own hands and called the kid to meet in the classroom. She confronted her and smashed a statue right in front of the kid. The kid was like does Dani know you're this kind of person. Yeoryeong said yes and that Dani still accepted her. The teacher rushed in and asked what happened, the kid told them but they didn't take it seriously, confirming Yeoryeong's belief that the meritocracy (that she despised) would make her more believable in adults' eyes. She reassured herself that Dani would be the only one who never turn her back on her. Alas, things turned for the worse near the end of their primary school year. Dani started to be compared with Yeoryeong at every turn, esp by her parents in terms of her grades and the arguments were pretty loud at her home, leading to her distant herself. Yeoryeong was angry at how the adults in their life practically poisoned Dani and thought up all the plans to run away with her. :(

Before their middle school's exam results, the 2 families went out for dinner and Dani's parents started joking about how she wouldn't be able to get into Jijon. Dani reached her limit and asked Yeoryeong if she couldn't go, would Yeoryeong go. (?) Yeoryeong said that she would give up for her but Dani ended up getting even more upset at her for giving up so easily. On the first day of middle school, Yeoryeong hoped that everything would be ok but Dani started to avoid her this time. Things set in motion like Dani becoming friends with Baek Yeomin, the 4HKs becoming friends with Yeoryeong with Jiho being the first one to extend his hand. (Jiho was like are you the no.1 person in the nation, she for the first time was like yes, so what, I'm a little smart which delighted him and she found it refreshing as well). Everything was sort of fine but one day, Yeomin made a snide comment at how Yeoryeong is friends with the 4HKs, implying that she's way above the rest (?) and Dani said yeah which shocked her because to her, Dani would always be her top priority. Yeoryeong started to avoid 4HKs from then on (leading to why the 2 sides never became close until high school). One day, after an exam, Yeoryeong got her grades back and was excellent as always. I think she saw 2 kids getting disappointed with their grades and told them she found the exam difficult as well. Then she was in the bathroom overheard them talking shit behind her back for being effortless good but also criticising her for acting like she worked hard (damn if you do, damn if you don't situation. There was a part about her favorite sports being running bcs it's the only time her classmates don't hate her even if she's good but she wouldn't join the sports team bcs of the competitive environment would make her the object of hate again. I think someone asked her why she wouldn't join and ciiw, she said it cuts in her study time maybe, take this w a grain of salt).

Dani, who was there listening to it, pointed out how ridiculous they were being and they got offended. This was way after Dani starting to avoid Yeoryeong so she was emotional to know that her friend still cared for her. She chased after Dani asking about what happened but Dani brushed it off, saying she didn't do it for her but for them because she knew how ugly jealousy would make them. Yeoryeong was like you're that kind to them but would they be like that to you and would you be ok living their standards and Dani said it didn't matter because graduation was coming soon anyway. Just like Yeoryeong predicted, these kids started to isolate Dani but she didn't care. Yeoryeong ended up shoving a mop into their faces for being shitty to Dani. After that, Yeoryeong still held onto the hope that they would become friends again but that didn't happen. It ended for real when Yeoryeong heard that Dani was applying for Sohyun HS and she strategically lowered her grades and then messed up her exams. Everyone was pitying her for getting sick so often leading to dropping grades (iirc) and Dani's rank rose but all she felt was even more resentment at Yeoryeong for intentionally doing that. Dani cut off their friendship once and for all.
    She's classmate with 4HKs again in high school. On the first day, she saw someone with the same short brown hair and almost mistook her for Dani. The girl introduced herself as Choi Yuri. They became friends pretty quickly. Choi Yuri was pretty chill and never got jealous over her grades or anything, the most she worried about was being scold by her parents. However, Yeoryeong was still constantly isolated for her effortless good grades and she still couldn't understand why. She finally reconnected with Jiho and she asked him how he could withstand all the hate directed at him. He said he didn't care because he didn't see them as on par with him. This also shocked her as she discovered he had the same value system where lesser people are not worthy (sort of like that). He then explained to her that other than the inferiority complex she evokes others, to them, you are hated or sympathised with. It doesn't matter if she tried to hide herself or showed it off. He offered to teach her to deal with them in exchange for her help. She decided to take his offer.

One day, after a test result, the class is pretty gloomy and this time Yeoryeong put her test on her desk. Yuri exclaimed out loud that she got perfect scores which caused even more tension in the class. Jiho looked at her and was like told you so. Yeoryeong went into the bathroom and heard 2 girls talking shit about her and how their classmate Hyejoo studied so hard but couldn't get good grades while she doesn't even try. They then talked how Yuri was worsening the mood and how Hyejoo had been hanging around Yuri these days (to drive her away from Yeoryeong the same way Yeomin with Dani?) and that pissed Yeoryeong off.

Instead of shoving mops, she reacted differently this time. She went out and startled the girls. She acted sad and lied that she didn't mean to listen but she heard how Hyejoo hated her. The girls were hostile and were like why were you asking us, should be asking Hyejoo instead. She acted even sadder and said that there was a more serious reason, which intrigued them. She explained that for unknown reason, she was accused of cheating after winning an essay contest (truth) and that'd affect the school's reputation. She was made to return the reward money (I think) and had to prove her innocence. She didn't understand how someone could do such a thing because she wasn't really close to anyone or did anything but she didn't want to make matters bigger and make the class uncomfortable so she couldn't ask at the time. Now that she heard someone specifically hate her, she wondered if that might be the case. The girls became relaxed and explained that yes, Hyejoo really hates her and maybe people hate her as well bcs of Hyejoo. They also said that it's not like there wasn't anyone else who is jealous of her but Hyejoo was the worse and it's not like Yeoryeong did anything specifically. One of the girls confidently deducted that it could have only been Hyejoo who did such a thing.

Yeoryeong sighed hearing that because everything was all within Jiho's plan and prediction, even the opponents' reactions. (From how I understand his plan, she was made to tell truths and lies to get the info out of the them while also leading them to make their own conclusion and to excite them about the drama. He wanted them to think that they are being heroes and make her the object of sympathy.) They told her to confront Hyejoo because of how serious the issue was. They went back and Yeoryeong did what they suggested. She asked Hyejoo to speak with her privately which caught everyone's attention. She didn't want to hear it. Backed by the 2 girls in the bathroom, they told her to listen because it was serious, making people even more curious. Hyejoo then told her to spill it on the spot, which confirms to Yeoryeong that she's not the culprit and she doesn't hate her to that extent. However, Yeoryeong can't let her slide because she was approaching Yuri with that intention.

Yeoryeong then asked her on the spot whether she reported her. B4 Hyejoo could deny, she added that there was no one in class she particularly fought with so she didn't have any doubts on anyone really but she recently heard from the 2 girls that Hyejoo has been actively hating her and trying to drive Yuri away from her (truths). This turned everyone's attention from the whole report matter to the fact that someone's unreasonable hate is exposed. Yeoryeong switched to asking how come she hated her so much when they barely talked and felt surprised + embarrassed (?) about her being a suspect. Jiho also advised her beforehand to add some more tears and use what she was already born with to make herself look pitiful and so she did. Hyejoo was speechless. Yeoryeong analysed that if she screamed the true reason that is envy, Hyejoo would look petty and mean-spiritied (and even though everyone is basically the same, they would rather save face and throw her under the bus). If she ran out of the class, it means that claim could be true.

Hyejoo decided to lie that there was no particular reason and she doesn't have to act friendly to anyone. However, a student pointed out that this issue is bigger than that and since no one else could have done it...Everyone started to agree (basically everyone started to doubt her). She was so upset that she ran out of the class; thus regardless of the truth, she couldn't go around and acted pitiful to anyone ever again. Her friends could either embrace or abandon her due to peer pressure from the rest of the class, which they chose the latter and Hyejoo became isolated afterwards. Yeoryeong was confused as to why because it was proven that Hyejoo didn't do it and their circumstances have not changed. Jiho then explained that her isolation is because she is no longer the object of sympathy. He then had a whole analogy about the parasol and its shade, relating them to the realm of understanding human nature (which kind of reflects Ari's emo phase since Haegarim was written when she was younger). He believes that every good deed is for self-satisfaction. Yeoryeong argued that her mom taught her to give trust rather than be suspicious and to live comfortably rather than worry about losing but Jiho said he was taught the opposite.

Yeoryeong told him that the world must be hell and everyone is the devil in his eyes (funny enough, she compared his words to the devil's at least on 2 occasions) and asked if he had once thought the world was beautiful and there would always be a person who stands by you no matter what. Jiho said no and asked if she hadn't realised that by now that his view might be closer to the truth. She admitted to herself that she was already exiled from paradise and she started to see his view as well but still, she asked sth along the line of is it only her fantasy that it's not the case with Dani and if Dani is her fantasy. They ended the convo with Jiho telling her to help him out as well.
    Jiho's request was her going to the company party with him. She felt out of place in this bright world where everyone was so far from her reality. (This part is pretty weird as it might be conflicting with the main story) She saw the Kim twins there who kept to themselves. She started wishing that she could have someone who was her other half like them and realised that Jiho was wrong about how she would never become jealous even if she dies and wakes up because at that moment, she felt incredibly envious towards them. She then once again mistook Yuri for Dani and was confused why she was there but realised that Yuri, too, is part of Jiho's world. Yeoryeong thought it was strange how Jiho acted like he didn't know her despite Yuri told him that they have seen each other in these kinds of thing when they were younger. She also questioned why she wasn't the first person Yuri asked about or said hello to at this party. She was then introduced to Na Yeri who at first was hostile but then after being introduced as the most popular and the 1st place in the nation, she mellowed and gave her a business card, scouting her to her school (Dani got scouted in Inso's). She didn't understand why Yeri changed like that and Jiho told her that Yeri was even more of a merit-based person than he is. He then basically told her that if she joined his world, she wouldn't have to suffer from the hate born from inferiority complex. They danced and all where once again, Yeoryeong mistook Yuri wearing white as Dani. Yeoryeong realised just how deep-rooted their value system is, where you are nothing without merits (reflected in his cold attitude towards Yuri). She felt suffocated so she went out to take a breath. Jiho was like, you have my insurance.

When she went out, she basically had to deal with this asshole who approached her and tried to analyse her position to be Jiho's partner and started comparing her to Yeri and how she was better than Yeri, which pissed her off. (It was pretty much nail in the coffin how superficial and cold Jiho's world is). She was planning to punch him in the face I think, quote: “Oh, I didn't want to use the indulgences given by Eun Jiho, but this sinful world makes me sin too....But at least there are no sins in this party that cannot be forgiven in his name. Oh, holy, capitalism.” lmao. Chunyoung finally stepped in and helped her which she was like: Mate, you listened to everything and wouldn't help me to begin with???? They had a talk and Chunyoung blurted out if Jiho was the insurance and did he order for that to happen in the classroom. Yeoryeong can't deny but then they then switched to talking about the relationship between the 4HKs and how Jiho is to them.

Chunyoung explained that Jiho tends to attract people who are better than him at something to his side because they're of use to him. Eunhyung's case is more peculiar but Jiho overall respected him. Yeoryeong wondered how Chunyoung and him could become friends with such different value and also (from rival conglomerates) but Chunyoung explained that there were 3 reasons: his eldest brother is Jiho's role model, Jiho's envy towards him and how he at least understood how Jiho came to be this way even if he didn't know how he was naturally. Chunyoung told her that she probably knew as well and Jiho wanted someone to understand him. Chunyoung pointed out that like himself, she doesn't have a particular ambition but would be subjected to comparison regardless. Others' words started to be imposed on them and are treated as their words and their thoughts. He pointed out that inferiority or jealousy is all born from excessive competition and Jiho might have carried that burden as well (This analysis was actually good but like MTL kind of makes things hard to comprehend. From my understanding, he implied that Jiho manifested his envy differently from others). Yeoryeong said this:
    그런 은지 호에게 자신의 등장은 흡 사, 자신이 함 단이를 만났을 때와 같은 기분 이겠지. (which could be that Yeoryeong's appearance in Jiho's life is like Dani's was for her)

(Take this part cautiously cuz even I get confused as well)
    but Chunyoung implied that they are quite similar in that they would apologise instead of asking if it's their fault (for the comparison? even if they didn't want it) but Yeoryeong denied, saying that she had hurt someone she loved doing that. (aka. Dani reacted horribly when Yeoryeong tried to lower herself for her). Yeoryeong thought "As they accuse 'people who perform well without efforts' as irrational, they would also blame those who do not perform well despite of their efforts, as incompetence." So in the end, either Dani or her would suffer in this society regardless. Chunyoung said even then, the fact that they are alike hasn't changed "because you decided not to change for the people you like, and I decided not to change except for the people I like." Chunyoung then asked if she's not staying the same and she wouldn't blindly follow Jiho's words. She then explained that it's exhausting whether she changes or not. The firework went off and Chunyoung told her it was 12 o' clock already. She was like: oh, Jiho meant it literally when he said the firework will go off at midnight and worried about getting home late.]

Yeoryeong then asked him if he likes fairytales and then mentioned she once loved Cinderella but after listening to Dani, she didn't like it anymore. Dani was crying watching the transformation scene and told her that while Cinderella couldn't go initially, there must have been plenty of girls who got invited but didn't even have the means nor the magic to be able to go there and there was nothing they could do but fall asleep hugging pillows with tear marks left on their faces.

Yeoryeong started to question: "Was Cinderella really happy to live in a castle where the lights don't go out, the music doesn't stop, and the party continues?...In other words, Cinderella couldn't have escaped that castle with a prince all his life, wasn't it?"
    Yeoryeong: I thought how harsh it was, if I can't go back into the silence, into the darkness, into oblivion where no one outside my family remembers me.
    Chunyoung: If you hate it because the light is so bright, you can always kick him (?) and go back again. I don't know if Cinderella wanted something else, but if it was only darkness, and if it was to be quiet again, at least you can do it by leaving yourself

He also added that if she doesn't think she can fight anymore, and it doesn't seem like she will stand with Jiho, come back anytime. I think they joked about what role he would be (?) and he said the mouse. Yeoryeong then left and ran out into the darkness, she thought to herself that she has become Cinderella but she just simply wanted to be the friend of a child who was invited to the ball but couldn't go because she didn't have a dress. Even if they just danced together in their pajamas in the forest near the castle, that alone would make her happy But those wishes couldn't be because she would be in a brighter light than everyone tomorrow so these wishes have to buried.

The party section ended and sections of Haegarim started to be replaced with "This edition is being deleted. Please wait." after this.

The scenes cut to Choi Yuri revealed her crush and accepted that Yeoryeong would be a better match to Jooin said it was time to step out of "the word of others" to Eunhyung's confession and her rejecting him as him being compassionate to Chunyoung's pretty chill acceptance of rejection to her rejection of Jiho.

She told Chunyoung that she would return to where she originally was. She said to Jiho that it was too late to change him and she could only wish him happiness. He said it's not something who will leave him would say but at least it's not a curse. However, he felt betrayed and said he is still not unhappy. After spending time with him, she understood that he is not as self-righteous and arrogant like he led on and everything he did was sincere but he was never taught to be happy, looking at everyone he admires. She held his hands and told him to not take this as a curse (?) and hoped that he would find someone he truly likes.
    Jiho: "I already said I like you"
    Yeoryeong: "Enough to abandon yourself?"

She said the changes have to come from him and if he manages to find someone, it might not be a curse. She then released his hands and left as he watched.

The scene cuts to a party with 2 girls dancing happily with one wearing white and the other wore black, complimenting each other. A man in a black suit with grey circles for a face mingling among people were distracted by the girl, saying how weird it is for one of them to be born as the protagonist but rejected it by herself even when she's not a mix being like the other one. Although not questioning why, he said she must have been given the ability and courage to solve hardships alone and at least she was happier than the last scene he saw her in so maybe that was enough: "However, once it started to burn, she could not extinguish her own fire. So she still hoped that a shadow would come and cover herself, so that she could rest for a while in the darkness that came. Even if it's a dream that won't come true."

The author very much confirms that Chunyoung is the most complete character from the get-go. He's pretty much satisfied with his life and there is nothing that truly leaves him wanting. Despite how readers think that he would be sad by the ending, he is actually the only one who would be fine no matter the outcome. It's pretty obvious throughout the series that he is unchanging and has no true hang-ups. But everyone else suffered without Dani especially because Dani was pretty much Yeoryeong's salvation and the only one Jiho would be ready to abandon himself to accommodate for. This also explains that while the memory wipe might lead to Dani meeting Jiho too late, his intense feelings were now there, conflicting with his utilitarian self so he decided to take the risk of bringing his other self over as his current self was already too messed up to truly make her happy. I haven't really spoiled the final arc yet but I will at some point when I actually went back to read volume 10 and the World of Monsters arc in Volume 13.

The reason why the Kim twins' appearance is conflicting is because if they're considered Haegarim's character, they shouldn't be able to remember Dani in the final arc of the main story but I think they might be the mains of a different one and they might not have been mentioned by name in the OG novel.

Another thing that confuses me a bit is why this Haegarim is being deleted because according to the worlds manager, these outcomes diverge but they should all still be there. That's why Dani cannot just jump world. The only time deletion actually happens is when Ari actively erased Dani's existence but it cannot be for this case as the manager still treated her as a mixed being, which she was not after the memory wipe. Maybe the existence of Inso's Law was partially Yeoryeong's choice and not just the OG Dani's wish?

I might be reading from MTL but I love the author's writing a lot lol. She's so good at using scenery to describe emotional turbulence and using parallels to evoke senses of loss. I think in her earlier volumes, she can be too explicit in describing how her characters feel but her writing feels more refined later on where a lot of Dani's feelings are implied instead of stated. Dani still struggled with feeling unworthy and it takes a lot more for her to stop feeling that way, esp when her memory is mixed with the other Dani, making her feel what the other Dani feels as well. I could argue that stuffs that didn't originally hurt her that much like her parents' comparison resurfaced because the other Dani's childhood trauma now resides in her.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020