Discussion Observations Reading Light Novels, Manga, Manwha, Manhuas

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Cynge42, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Cynge42

Cynge42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a lot of isekai start with assassins getting sent back in time, but I'm beginning to think Only assassins could survive the crazy rules they had back then.

There is no doubt that I would be killed off in the 1st week of my stay in ancient China or Japan. Those were some formidable women.

2. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    A theme where the mob became a protagonist is really popular this days. But I'm am wondering, if those mobs were now protagonist, do they still deserve being call a mob.

Because we all know that a protagonist all have protagonist Halo and plot armor. However a mob don't have one.

They were either there at the story as a decoration or just a passer by.

I haven't read a novel, manga, web toon or watch anime where the mc is really a mob!

I wonder if there is such a thing~

3. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... hold up. I don't remember time traveling assassins being sent to kill mob mc in novels with regressors. What I can recall with regressor novels that I've read was the MC approaching his life's end and getting back to his younger self. What crack cocaine have you been reading?

Send me a link!

4. Yhuandi

Yhuandi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, they cant be called as mob character once they become protagonist, i think its more like their characteristic, like in most JP novel protagonist, they have average face, average height etc.
    I think you can find mob protagonist in slice of life anime, i dont particulary like watching slice of life anime so i'm not sure

5. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    I think so too. But with it being a slice of life, you really can't call them a mob.

What I was thinking is a novel where the mob is the narrator himself. Be it fantasy or supernaturals, the mob himself, move along behind the scene transcribing the hero's deeds, something like that.

6. Cynge42

Reading List:
    Link
    Is "mob" what I think it is? A group of people? How can a group of people be A protagonist? Is this a new term people are using for a regular person? So confused.

Also @AshCrow , I seem to almost exclusively find 21st century top assassins being reincarnated into historical/ romantical settings.

I can try to do links, but if they don't work at least you will have titles:
    King of Hell's Genius Pampered Wife
    Rebirth Merchant
    Evil Consort Above Evil King

Yeah, the links were a blocked site, sorry.

The tags you look for are Historical, Martial Arts, Romance. If those are there they are usually an assasin, or a medical doctor spy, who knows martial arts and transmigrates into a "trash body." Happy reading!

7. Cynge42

Reading List:
    Link
    2nd Observation

If you read a novel or something historical with your exact name chances are you will be waking up in said novel or historical setting.

I find this comforting because my exact name- I don't think it pre-dates dishwashers.