Spoiler (BL) 시맨틱 에러/Semantic error

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sa76, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who has also read or is reading this novel and could spoil some for us?

This is a Korean bl novel that’s very popular in the Korean bl community. It has also been recently adepted into a webtoon with 6 chapters out, of which 1 is translated in English.

Summary of the story:
    Chu Sangwoo ,a Computer science major is a rare genius but an inflexible & rule-abiding person. While working on a group project with freeloading shits who don’t put in any effort, Sangwoo reasonably decides to remove their names from the final presentation.But he didn’t imagine he would be involved with the campus star from Department of Design’s Jang Jaeyoung, who has everything from skills, looks, family background and good relationships except for 1 big problem: Chu Sangwoo....who knows his real personality ...when two clash sparks emanates ...

Link to read the webtoon:
    http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/semantic_error/

link to the Korean novel
    https://ridibooks.com/author/41674

The art is gorgeous and story looks very interesting. Anyone who could give us some spoilers on the mc and ml, when did they fall in love and who fall in love first, any rivals/drama, love triangles etc.

Thank you!!!

The artwork: the uke/mc is the one with the black pet, so basically Chu Sangwoo while the one with the earrings is Jang/ml:

upload_2020-8-4_0-22-40.jpeg

upload_2020-8-4_0-23-17.png upload_2020-8-4_0-23-17.jpeg

upload_2020-8-4_0-23-58.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
  2. 00san

00san New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi do you know where to get raws of the novel? i cant get past ridibooks' age verification since i dont have a korean number

Ladiabla likes this.
  3. gensafye

gensafye Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also like to know if you get ahold of them would you send them to me ? ty :)

4. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is an interesting and humorous start. Read the first few chapters of the manhwa and hope someone could spoil the novel.

The MC seems to have an OCD, and the story correlates some stuff about programming. He hates red because in most cases it indicates an error.

I guess in a sense, the 'Semantic Error' in the daily routine of our MC is the ML.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Reeka98, Revoier and Dragon_Reader like this.
  5. Evesneon

Evesneon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manhwa and it is so hilarious!

Ladiabla likes this.
  6. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the webcomic so far, I really can't see how this is supposed to develop into a direction where I wouldn't want to punch the ML so... any spoilers if he gets any less infuriating or if this will be the usual "I continue to torment you because I'm interested in you" fare? Because if there isn't a massive change in that dynamic soon I'd rather drop it early on.

couchpotato1929 and .littleshit like this.
  7. .littleshit

.littleshit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this post very much so, I dont know what happens on the novel but right now (Chapter 11Manhwa) the ml is getting on my nerves. Its just not "cute" anymore and even more so that I stand the MC's view on why he did what he did.

8. jellyka

jellyka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey y'all, I put this novel up for translation pick-up request so if you guys want, you could go over there to reply on the thread so it'll get noticed.

I'll be providing the raws as well :blobmelt:

9. jellyka

Reading List:
    Link
    veihakase and Dimension Breaker like this.
  10. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. jellyka

Reading List:
    Link
    Dimension Breaker likes this.
  12. Ugh

Ugh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading this manhwa (am now on chapter 16) and tried looking up my question myself but couldn’t really find any info on the series at all, I’m hoping someone hear might know the answer. Does sangwoo have face blindness? I think based on the rarity and relative unknown-ness of this disorder it’s unlikely, but there are so many things in the manhwa that would be explained by this. Like why in the flashback sangwoo mistook the love interest for someone else who he owed money, why sangwoo didnt have a problem recognizing the love interest when he wore all red every day but the day he stopped it took sangwoo a second to figure out who he was, why he didn’t recognize that nice girl the second time around because she was wearing different clothes and had her hair down, why he only pictured the love interest as a red jacket instead of as an identifiable person in his nightmare, etc.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  13. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Got spoiler from mangago from user sumanai(all credits goes to him/her) who Google translated the novel from Spanish!!

Starts from the Manhwa ch15/16
    JaeYoung and SangWoo continue to work together on the Chinese play (which ends up being a hit) and Jaeyoung improves his behavior towards Sangwoo. SW starts crushing on JY, but doesn't realize it (he thinks that his heart beating around JY is him being angry, lol). at one point JY wants to give SW a reward and he suggests a movie, which SW refuses bc he doesn't want to go with JY, but JY says something along the lines of "who says I was going to go with you". there's some cute episodes like JY getting drunk and having a hangover during a class and SW buying a hangover recovery drink for him without being able to control himself, but not giving it to JY because he sees him with a girl (Yuna, an underclassman) which makes him jealous without realizing it.

anyway, at one point they sit together and SW keeps noticing JY and him licking his lips and them JY moves closer and whispers in SW's ear "come to the movies with me", at which point SW gets flustered and gets a boner and runs out. he skips his morning classes the next day, which pisses JY off and makes him come to his house and bang at his door. they have an argument through the door along the lines of why SW is so opposed to going to the movies with JY and we learn that SW has a very utilitarian approach to relationships, which he sees as a means to marriage and procreation. therefore, starting something with a man is unfathomable to him, so he's very confused by his physical reaction to JY which he identifies as sexual in nature (we learn that his mom has a similar character to him, and that she explained to him what erections mean at age 11 when he said he had one after seing a picture of a model, and then she explains what he has to do about it, omg). JY gives up doesn't show up to SW's classes, which makes SW realize that he can't function properly without the 'error' that is JY anymore. so he goes with Jihye (fairy girl) to the restaurant where JY works and then accosts him during his smoke break to ask him to work together on the mobile game for the next 4 months. he uses a secret weapon and calls JY "hyung" and JY agrees

they start working together, tediously at first, as JY is apprehensive and torn between wanting to spend time with SW and knowing there can't be anything between them (at one point we find out that JY had a thing with a guy when he was abroad, so he's bi). as they progress with the game, they start working together in the same practice room, which they have to share with Yuna, JY's underslassman (SW and Yuna keep bickering, which is cute). at one point JY falls asleep during work and SW kisses him after checking if he's awake (JY woke up at one point, but pretended to sleep to see what happens). then SW gets drunk (I forgot why) and they meet and SW kisses JY again (that is twice he took the initiative and we learn that SW is quite a fiery kisser XD). however he is still torn about his attraction to JY so in the following days JY convinces SW that the only good way to get rid of his sexual frustration is by giving into it, and so starts their friends with benefits relationship.

they end up going to the movies and then making out and getting off in JY's car, but SW still doesn't want to go all the way. they argue and SW has a meltdown and later JY checks SW's computer and finds out why - SW decided to research how it works between 2 guys and ends up downloading some really hardcore BDSM stuff, lol. he didn't want to hurt JY like in those videos (I swear, SW is such a cinammon roll) JY also learns that SW had a folder of pictures of JY and videos and music he liked, which he collected during the period they weren't seeing each other, which is super cute. JY later clarifies things for SW that it doesn't have to be painful and SW doesn't have to do the 'giving' so they do end up having sex, which is awkward at first, and absolutely HOT afterwards. SW is quite honest in bed, is all I'm gonna say...

anyway, things progress naturally from there, they make good progress with the game and they basically end up dating and being cute together. JY realizez he loves SW, but has angst about SW seeing their relationship as a means to an end, plus JY has to leave for the U.S. after he graduates in a few months, so things get complicated. they have some very steamy sex and SW becomes closer to JY. at one point JY has to go out of town to see his family, with which he has a bad relationship, and then SW says he misses him, so JY comes back and SW comforts him.

later on they go to a music studio for their game soundtrack and a woman working there shows interest in JY, which SW doesn't take well - he is clearly jealous, but doesn't accept it. he talks about it with JY, who is of course happy about this, but then SW says that JY is going anyway and that he should find someone else to alleviate his sexual desires, which haven't gone down at all since they started their relationship.

JY gets mad and starts avoiding SW, so SW gets nervous and asks Yuna for advice. he ends up dressing up (with clothes JY bought for him) and going out, to spite JY. JY calls him and finds out and becomes really angry. SW's phone dies and then he gets drunk and gets hit on by a douchebag, who kisses him and tries to go further. SW realizes that nobody else does it for him, so he stops the douchebag, but they get into a fight which is stopped by JY. they argue and JY is extremely angry and jealous, which scares SW. SW then yells that JY ruined him, that he doesn't want to do it with anyone else and that JY is going to leave him and get a girlfriend. then he falls asleep before finishing the argument, lol.

JY takes him to his house, they have a cuddly time together and JY wants to express his feelings, but SW is not ready. however, SW surprizes yet again, because he confesses he likes his hyung a while later, after asking JY for help with the design of a ppt presentation and being in awe of his skill. but then SW gets scared and flees before JY can convince him to say it again, and then he asks JY to leave him alone for 2 weeks for exam period. he tries to clarify his feelings and discusses his situation with Jihye (fairy girl) and finally has the revelation that love doesn't have to be a utilitarian means to procreation, but it can be fun, like video games. Jihye recommends that he communicate with his partner

SW ignores that, of course, and decides to give up on JY, even though he acknowledges his feelings for him, because of the problem with JY leaving the country soon, which his brain can't find a solution to. he goes through a lot of turmoil, which comes to a boiling point after a few days when JY meets him and asks for his help in moving, only to later learn than he want to move into SW's appartment. SW thinks JY is playing with him, so he makes a run for it and then ensues a hilarious bit where SW gets into a cab and JY follows him in his car all the way out of the city, to the beach.

there, SW again admits to his feelings and then JY finally says SW is ready to hear his own feelings and admits to loving him as well. we learn that JY tried to enroll SW in a compsci program in the university in the U.S. as well, but couldn't, so he decided to stay in Korea to be with his boyfriend, as his portolio was already good enough to get hired anywhere (especially with the success of their mobile game). so they start going out, whoop whoop!

we get a few cute and emotional episodes into their relationship:
    one in which JY makes a lot of compromises and abides by a lot of rules to be with SW. he ends up making SW change his mind about some of them, most notably the rules about doing it only during the weekends...

in another, we see them a year and a half into the relationship and SW planned an ellaborate and cliche romantic night to propose to JY, which is goes hilariously wrong and ends up in a powerpoint presentation as to why JY should accept SW's proposal to get married in exactly 6 years XD.

and in the last one, we see them going to SW's house to meet the parents: JY is very nervous, but things go pretty well (SW's father is speechless that SW is capable of deep feelings, and JY hears SW telling his mom, who is very matter-of-fact and blase about the whole thing, which makes JY laugh) it ends with JY going to SW's room and contemplating about the many ways they are different as people and the many ways in which things could have gone differently and what a coincidence it was for them to be able to end up meeting and being in a relationship. JY ends up tearing up and is comforted by SW. we also learn that they will go to the U.S. togethe, as SW found a good job, and JY reapplied for graduate school a third time. THE END

I can honestly say it was an absolutely lovely read, in spite of the choppy Google translation and I can't wait for the official English translation. it's going to be one of those books that I will reread for the rest of eternity. I am also drooling for the next chapters of the manhwa and I am very much sad that we won't be seeing the steamy parts as well, they were very satisfying also on an emotional level, as they had much more going on apart from the sex itself...

hope the summary helped :D

here's the Spanish link; https://novelasblparasiempre.blogspot.com/2020/11/error-semantico-1.html

Jaeyoung is top, after having clarified the whole BDSM situation with Sangwoo XD

it was really funny how Sangwoo just assumed that he was going to have to be on top, and will have to inflict pain on Jaeyoung the same way he saw in the videos he downloaded, and Jaeyoung had to then explain the obvious fact that they are both men so Sangwoo doesn't have to be the one in the active role and also that the act doesn't have to be painful. like, how can someone be so sheltered? XD that's Sangwoo for you. I am really curious how this situation will be handled in the manhwa, if they won't be showing the 18+ scenes, in the novel the part was quite amusing and involved some hand gestures...

Im also very happy that the novel is getting a live action web adaptation! :blobnosebleed:

14. DivaBOO17

DivaBOO17 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know where else i can buy the novel other than ridibooks cause it wont accept my debit card

Revoier and Ladiabla like this.
  15. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Im hoping the manhwa will become Yaoi like Cherry Blossom After Winter

BluePoodle, Reeka98, Nana24 and 6 others like this.
  16. DivaBOO17

DivaBOO17 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stan jihye HJROVJDB SHE LITERALLY BROKE SW's worldview so beautifully

wasabisazzdafirst and Reeka98 like this.
  17. maiioo

maiioo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope the manhwa does the rated 19 scenes, i need to see it;)

18. sneakyintel

sneakyintel New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wahhh at this point im actually ok with reading the raws itself im so envious that you have them :c

Reeka98 and Ladiabla like this.
  19. Adlt_1226

Adlt_1226 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey guys just adding on this thread...the manhwa has been licensed and has an official eng version, though i read from one of the reviewers in the novelupdates page that it won’t be the r19 version, but nevertheless we can support the work legally! haha and the app offers a great subscription scheme where you don’t need to pay per ch for any of the titles they have...just download the manta app from your app store...semantic error has up to ch27...and the app is also under ridi corp and if anyone knows where we can find the hot spicy version of the manhwa that would be great too

20. Heyy_

Heyy_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope sooo AHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Nao Otosaka likes this.