Spoiler I Became the Ugly Lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Elste

Elste Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tev, the ML is like a small child for now. He was supposed to be Crown Prince's knight in the future. The MC mentiones he will be taller, like one of the tallest men in the empire, so she has to feed him a lot so he can grow up. She picks him up and he already decide to serve her.
    Until now the sister hasn't done anything and it's pretty clear in the prologue she will be one of the people that loves MC and MC loves back so it will be cool if people actually stop with the mysoginistic views and just accept women and sister can be friends with each other.

2. evilkyoot

evilkyoot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one for you guys--bubble per bubble MTL. Chapter 8, labeled Chapter 9 on Newtoki (Can't link due to post limitations).

LEGEND
    S = Sylvia, T = Tev, B = Belle, Ph = Pharmacist

S: Now then...
    S: Let's quickly go to the apothecary/herb shop!
    T: Herb...shop?
    S: Yes! Let's go quickly!

My gosh, it must hurt so much but he's not even complaining.
    Just hang on, Tev! I'll get you healed up!
    By the way...

S: Which way to the herbal store??
    B: I'm sorry my lady, I don't know.

The sun is already setting...if the herbal store closes, it'll be hard to come out again...
    T: The herbal shop isn't that way.
    S: What??? Really?
    T: I grew up on this street. I know my way around better than anyone.
    S: Oh? That's Great!
    T: Follow me this way.
    T: We're here.
    Ph: Welcome dear customer! What can I do for you?
    S: First of all, I need medicine to heal his (
    Tev) wounds.
    Ph: What happened?! Your whole body is bruised!!!
    B: Why are you glaring like that? My lady was the one who rescued him from being beaten by gangsters!!
    Ph: Gangsters? Do you mean the Black Scorpions?
    S: Yes, that's right.
    Ph: Those guys are f****ers!! How could they touch a child like this!!
    S: What's going on? Can you tell me more details?
    Ph: They're from the oldest part of Portum Street. They've started stealing money from store owners and calling it protection tax.
    Ph: They use violence to extort and harass anyone who refuses to pay!
    Ph: These days they have been coming up to this area-
    Ph: They came to our store not too long ago!
    S: Really?!
    Ph: Not only that, but they order kids to beg and pick pockets!
    Ph: I heard that if they refuse they will get beaten to death.

It turns out that Tev...
    T: I already said I won't be a pick pocket!
    S: Sigh

I should have done more but I let them go.
    B: Have you reported them to the police?
    Ph: The police? Ha! They're the same! Do you know what the first thing the Black Scorpions did?
    Ph: They bribed the police! No matter how much you report it it's useless.
    Ph: Okay, if you apply this in the morning and the evening it should heal quickly.
    Ph: It's better to apply it now as it will help with the pain.

Why are you looking around? Oh, you're looking for a mirror.
    S: Belle, do you have a mirror?
    B: I don't have one, but I can go buy one!
    T: No need, I can do it by myself.

Hm...it would be hard to do it alone. Wouldn't it be better if I apply it?
    S: Can I have that?
    T: Wh-what are you doing?!
    S: Even if it hurts, be patient.
    S: Right here?
    S: All done! Wow, you put up with it so well!
    T: Don't treat me like a child!!
    S: Owner, do you have Sogramcho here?
    Ph: Sogramcho? Of course we have it--what herbal shop wouldn't carry it.
    S: How much do you have?
    Ph: Let's see...we have a full warehouse. How much do you need?
    S: All of it!
    Ph: Well...it looks like a lot.
    Ph: Do you want me to carry it out and get you a cart?
    B: Oh, my lady, I will go borrow a carriage!!
    S: Okay! Come back safe.

What, nobles have their own family carriages. Why would you need to rent one in the village?
    Suspicious...

T: Do nobles ride such shabby carriages?
    T: Are you really Sylvia Atlantea?
    T: No way...is this actually human trafficking?!
    S: Well-?
    T: Wh-what?!
    B: We have arrived, my lady.
    Servants: Welcome back Lady Sylvia!
    T: ...so you're really
    T: Sylvia Atlantea...
    S: You're still talking about that? Did you think it was a lie?
    T: ...a little.

How cute
    It's the same as when I first came to the West Building. It's already been a month...
    Now it feels like home.

S: Would you like to bathe first? I'll have a bath prepared and we'll talk after.
    T: Ah! Okay...
    Tev's tummy rumbles
    T: Oooh!
    S: Ahahah! Why are you suddenly so shy? Are you hungry? Let's eat first!

Okay, I'll feed him a full course until his tummy hurts!
    The target is a cat.
    Tev will become a fat cat!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  3. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is having misogynistic views again? Do not project stuff with intention to start shit or accuse people of things they have not done. Unless this is your first korean manhwa, anyone who reads the lot of them is justified in thinking about the characterizations because KR manhwa are a semi pile of crap with their archetypes of sisters being bitches, male leads being abusive rapers, fathers/brothers being literal pieces of shits and mothers dead.

4. Momora

Momora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [After summoning the king spirit, MC attended the crown prince's 18th birthday.
    When the MC was about to get off the horse carriage, her brother suddenly came and helped her. MC was confused but finally accepted the help. It turned out that Irene was waiting for her too so they entered the ballroom together. Their names are called one by one. People were confused because a foreign woman had come, they were shocked when they learn that this woman was Sylvia. Nobody spoke to the MCs so the MCs chose to go to the balcony.
    Mc is on the balcony when she hears someone talking about her then the spirit king appears and mc asks the spirit king to help her so she can hear the talk about her, it turns out that the man who is talking badly about her is OGSylvia's first love, MC is angry and the spirit king is also angry because someone spoke badly about his contractor so he asked MC to tell him to crush the man but MC didn't want to kill the man and asked the spirit king to crush the man's trousers to humiliate the man so that the man would not appear on the social for some time. The spirit king was not happy with the order so he pretended to follow the order but instead crushed the man's legs, and when the MC realized it the spirit king argued that he couldn't control his strength. Mc is shocked when she feels that someone is watching her, she's afraid that someone will know that she did it, but she tries to deny it and convince herself that no one knows.
    Mc went back into the hall. People want to come to her but crown prince comes so people have to greet crown prince. After that the crown prince had to choose a partner for the first dance, from OGSylvia's memory the crown prince would choose Irene as the dance partner and through this they both became close. The MC wanted the prince to quickly pick a dance partner and dance so she could hurry home. But, the crown prince asked MC to be his dance partner, MC was shocked. It's not a good thing to refuse someone's first dance invitation, but the MC didn't want to change the story too far so she turned down the invitation after the crown prince asked three times. The MC made the excuse that she felt unwell. After that the crown prince forced to take the MC to the house. The MC couldn't refuse. On the way the crown prince talked about the man whose leg was crushed by the king of spirits and how it was very strange that the man's two feet were crushed as if they were crushed by a large rock even though the man just fell himself. The MC just said 'I feel sorry for that guy'. And the crown prince said that MC is bad at acting. The MC was confused about what he meant, was it because she was pretending to be sick or the prince knew what she was doing.

]

5. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Can she crush crown price legs next up in line ;)

6. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    To me everyone seems to hate the OG!EHeroine. Though the one I personally hate the most is the MC's father. He seems to poison the minds of everyone around him. He makes it known that he doesn't care for and only takes the sides of his other children. It's like he's purposefully isolating her even in squabbles that happen naturally amongst sisters. That incident when the OG!Heroine taking the young MC favorite toy and the MC taking back is something that's natural amongst young children. He took it out of context and sided with his blonde haired daughter and punished severely the MC. This then sends a message to others that the MC is the bad one. Which the OG!Sylvia perpetuates out of isolation, being wronged, and not having her side heard. Which then creates a vicious cycle.

7. Alasse

Alasse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree on everything. The father seem to hate Sylvia no matter what and has been abusing her since young. Like, man, go home, you're sh*t.
    Like, Irene is obviously a spoiled child, but spoiled doesn't mean abusive: that's all on the father and on how he treats his daughter. It's no different from what was happening in "Death is the only ending for a Villainess": Penelope was abused because the family didn't care at all, or at least showed that they didn't. Gosh, I really want that old fart to die an ugly death.

8. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Death was atleast better in the sense that it wasn't their biological daughter and penny only came in at like 12 yrs of age for 6 yrs life total.
    Here we have a retarded father hating her biological daughter with his wife,( Unless the said angel wife spread her legs or the said resolute duke knocked up another women.) for 20 years till she is pushed to brink of death.
    What a fucktard.

9. Alasse

Alasse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if Sylvia is not his, he has NO RIGHT to treat her such, damn bastard!! I hope he gets what is waiting for him, fucktard.

10. blindpig05

blindpig05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahaha
    calm down bro. This is not as bad as :
    -Actually, i was the real one,who made me a princess, and death is the only ending for the villainess
    the siblings still could be redeemed. well, the parents could die i dont care haha

11. Momora

Momora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Empress is a bad person. She is the mastermind behind the black scorpio and slave auctioneer (human traffickers). The MC destroyed what she was doing (black scorpio and human traffic), so I thought she would be the villain in this story besides the devi

12. Alasse

Alasse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I actually like this! Want to see her soon!

What do you guys think will happen with her family in the end? I think the sisters will stay in contact, but what about the rest? I hope she doesn't forgive her "parents", they sure as hell don't deserve it.

Bhluee and lazynoodles like this.
  13. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kind of curious here, but what's to forgive?
    Apparently the mother wasn't there for any of the kids so it's a wash. While the father was emotionally distant from her specifically. Certainly not something to recommend him but if you don't have a bond with someone, you don't have a bond with them.

On the flip side the mother gave birth to all of them, and the father provided her with a quality of life enjoyed by less than .01% of the population. Admittedly he started the feedback loop of the problems, but she didn't do anything to break out of it. Instead she and the dad kept making it worse. Equal blame there, even if he should have been the adult. At the end of TL1 he likely had no choice in how he dealt with her.

There really isn't anything to forgive. Of course, she doesn't have any bonds of affection or care for them as well. At best she should have a big blank where familial love should be, and a certain amount of annoyance with her "family". That does include the sister. While she may have had no ill intentions she did destroy the MC's place in the family relationship. A certain amount of resentment would only be natural

I am most curious about what will happen with the mother. Where is this woman and what's with her that she doesn't even look in on the kids?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  14. PiscesUchiha

PiscesUchiha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waaaah you're such an angel!

15. mighty_muffin

mighty_muffin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt like I was reading different manhwa from you guys. I think you guys are too prejudice against the sisters, brother, and father.
    From my understanding, the father and mother were too busy to care for their children. They left the children to be taken care of by the servants, the servant preferred the younger sister because she is cute. Together with Sylvia being older, she often being scolded and neglect. So when Irene tried to be nice to her, Sylvia just felt she was being pitied and want to push her away by mistreating her.

I'm not saying her parents are nice, they are not nice, just bad parents. I also don't think the dad is biased toward the sister, I think he neglects all of his children and only hears about updates from servants. So he knows about others' achievements and Sylvia's mischief.
    Maybe because I was reading the royal shop of a young lady, where OGMC was misbehaving before and had to earn the family's trust again. But I don't think it's right to assume that the family members are bad just because they mistreat MC, considering MC has been misbehaving for over the past 10 years.

Also on the Art style, when I first saw the Dad and Brother, I think Sylvia looks just like them. If anything, the youngest sister may have a different father.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  16. _2_hfc

_2_hfc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how have another spoiler?

17. _2_hfc

_2_hfc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is any one read the novel?

18. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, the dad is a bitch, He doesn't just neglect all - only sylvia

It is repeatedly shown - The duke married a perfect wife and had 3 perfect children and 1 child everyone wondered if was even their blood.
    That discrimination came from the FAMILY, if they treated all 4 equally people outside couldn't speculate like it.

The case of sylvia past where she was gifted a doll, irene takes it and sylvia takes it back - Irene cries and father without any ounce of hesitation or wanting to know the truth declared a young child a villain in front of all mansion and how she is the only one at fault.

She was repeatedly outcasted at social events in front of the family and none of them gave a shit, FL even monologues - in 20 years of life they only punished sylvia without telling her WHY SHE WAS PUNISHED. They never explained anything to a child deprived of love so she could never understand just what was it that she did wrong all her life.

KuranFan, Asya.M, CaelumBlue and 29 others like this.
  19. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both of you are correct and aren't actually in dispute, you are just talking about different parts of the elephant.

1st up is the duke not having any affection for Sylvia for some reason. Then taking Irene's side

2nd Sylvia is a child and has no idea how to break the cycle of ever greater blame being put upon her.

3rd Irene is just someone that sucks all of the oxygen out of a room. For Sylvia it's like being a plant in a pine forest and the pines have poisoned all the soil. She just can't grow. (cue RUSH playing the trees)

On the one hand "What's to forgive?"
    On the other "What's to like?"

Personally if I were in her shoes
    1st Yuri route and see if this world has Roman or Japanese style baths ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ). Maybe buy belle a set of cat ears
    2nd Get all the money I can out of the old man and maybe scam the relatives and mom as well
    3rd take everything I can think of in terms of commodity market pricing sporting events and make that gold grow. Being independent is nice being independently wealthy is better. (Sogramcho, buy up the farms buy up the inventory squeeze the price and when ready release the info about it and mana)
    4th) see if you can find any dirt on a dad that can be used to earn a title in her own right.

Like I said before who are these people that she should have affection for. Really no more than just people passing on the street

20. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the characters i hate even more than bitches are this kind of lil sisters and there are more examples of this kind of sisters who are not necessarily villainess but again become the biggest villains in ones life. This kind of sisters are too kind, innocent but most importantly too ignorant on the top of that author's like to make them so beautiful, intelligent and cherished by everyone so it can triggers mc's life in more despair and hate to admit that readers can't even point them out directly as villains and later on most cliche plot happens that shitty family always cares about mc but unable to show because they're shy, don't know how to do or under black magic. I only understand one thing way too much kindnesses and way to much ignorance is just equal to cruelty that eventually ends up harming someone else and here main characters always becomes the victim because we readers like to justify all the characters since we read whole story from everyone's pov so some readers don't like when people bitching other characters but those people simply justifying from mc's pov since mc is the character who took all mentally and physiological damage from this kind of characters like mc's family they never defended her in public when needed but indeed played a small sweet family amongst themselves leaving her behind when she is also one of them instead of neglecting and blaming mc they still have audacity to think she is going act normal no one even want to understand her emotional distress and people who defend that father saying it's their maids faults or doings to give all this reports then what kind of man he is who don't even know what's going on in his house, no matter how much this kind of characters like to give justification about their actions some readers can't except it since their actions already destroyed one person's life but in the end only hope mc don't end up like someone who runs after familial love after all this shits they done with her.