Spoiler Live Action Murder Mystery

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ShioriSai, Sep 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ShioriSai

ShioriSai ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I just want to know one thing, that's why I didn't check if there's already a thread for this to avoid being spoiled. So my question is, What is Gu Liang's crime? I just finished the first arc, and I'm already dying because of curiosity.

Dragon_Reader and sunwolf like this.
  2. sunwolf

sunwolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also curious about his and the ml's crime.
    Camping camping!!!
    Someone Pls spoil it fast!!!!!

3. ShioriSai

ShioriSai ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, yes, yes! Spoiler on his crime please! I have already for three weeks just for someone to spoil this to me :blobsob:

4. RedHead

RedHead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC crime is suicide.

IzeeWeeb and ShioriSai like this.
  5. sunwolf

Reading List:
    Link
    really?!
    i kind of already guessed that everyone in the LAMM is already dead... sigh

6. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator revealed that the third scenario was a pit for ml and mc but didn't say why. Anyone knows?

7. yuuki_Illene

yuuki_Illene Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Dead" is subjectively used here.... And to be accurate, the majority of his crime coefficient score comes from his attempted suicide that happened years prior to LAMM.

This isn't really a spoiler per se, but the main cast of characters (and most of the players included) aren't actually dead, but they might be close.
    E.g., Yang Ye passed out during a meeting, Gu Liang remembers his last moments being on the road while he was helping an old lady, Li Xiao Yu was bleeding out after she was stabbed by an evil-doer. You get the drift, yes? XD

8. sunwolf

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm i guess it makes sense that way if they are gonna follow the 'back to life' theme.

9. sunwolf

Reading List:
    Link
    okay so some spoilers i've heard is that Yang Ye will be the one to figure out the true nature of the 'world' where they are and will be able to escape...
    but I've a question. How did he (yang ye) end up there only from passing out?

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he works too hard and passed out from exhaustion? Do you know how many MCs got isekai’d after dying of overworking?

11. yuuki_Illene

Reading List:
    Link
    If I recall correctly, the exact causes of him passing out was never explicitly stated, but kiara8 probably cuts it close, because he was hospitalised after he passed out during a meeting.
    Additionally, Yang Ye manage to figure out their state of being in the game first, but Gu Liang actually figures out majority of the game and its reason for existence before him, it's just that he chose not to voice it until very much later in the novel when he knows he's in the position to gain the answers he wants.

And the 'back to life' thing cuts pretty close, but the system is far more nuanced than that. For instance, you need to consider the existence of Ming Yue and the NPCs into the entire equation to get a better overview of the system.

Dragon_Reader likes this.
  12. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually this part was so ILLOGICAL it makes me so mad and fustrated. Like, seriously so farfetched its absurd.

Gu Liang was a lawyer, his mom was in hospital for reasons, she has poor health. She befriends another woman also in hospital who has a young daughter. One day the daughter died when playing, a wardrobe fell on her.

Others women is obviously distraught, she want to sue the company. Mom ask gu liang to help. He agrees out of kindness/sympathy.

However the case is very hard to win bc:
    The reason it fell was bc t wasn't secured to the wall like it's supposed to. When they shipped it, they forgot the screws (which are Special and one of a kind [....]) So the installation guy warned them to not use it until it arrives in a few days and they can finish installing. Ofc she doesn't really take it seriously and didn't properly warn her daughter , which leads to this tragedy. And this conversation is [somehow] recorded.

Gu liang wanted to resolve it privately with the company lawyer, since it would be very hard for them to win, but while they are discussing, that mom decided to give interviews to the news media and everyone on the internet starts attacking the company [....]

So the company hires people to fight back on the internet (water army) they turn the blame on mom for not watching her child properly, releasing the recorded conversation as proof [............]

Mom is pretty much has a psychotic breakdown due to the public opinion turning on her [...] Tries to commit suicide. Gu liamg tried to reason with her and explain that the best she can expect is that they compensate her some money. And resolving it before going to court will be the best course of action (what's this called in lawyer term idk) if they go to court it would just drag for years and at best, get the same results.

But to mom, accepting the deal = admitting her daughter's death was her fault and she is obsessed with going to court.

Meanwhile the news media decided to research her lawyer (gu liang) [why?? Idek??] and finds out about his asshole gay dad and use that to smear him. The media also decides to say that he is working with the company for money [???] . Also that mom & gu liang only want the money from her daughter's death , they are so greedy [ ????]

Mom can't take it and goes suicide jumping off building. Gu liang tries to rescue her, he jumps after her but fails.

The company decides to dig up all of gu liangs personal info and post it on the web, and smear his name. Bc of this, he gets fired from work.

His mom feels guilty for convincing him to help her friend, blames herself, had a heart attack or something. The ambulance gets stuck in storm and they are delayed getting to the hospital and she dies a few days later.
    And so gu liang feels guilty, that he wasn't good enough, that he had their blood on his hands

And im just here going ???????? Wtf is this nonsense??? [Seriously is it just me???]

Lilazeaf and Dragon_Reader like this.
  13. yuuki_Illene

Reading List:
    Link
    Not absolutely certain if it will help, but here are some clarifications:

With regards to entire case of settling it with the company lawyer privately, Gu Liang's perspective is that "now she has lost her daughter, she needs to have financial support through these trying times, so it is best to work out a case where she can get the maximum compensation for the damages that has been incurred to her, because this is the fault of the company". And like you mentioned, it was a hard case to win for those various reasons, in addition to the fact that he was just a single private lawyer trying to take on a corporation and he was trying to be pragmatic. However, the mother would never have settled for the money, it was never about the money, and it not about admitting fault, because the loss of her daughter cannot be recompensed which is why she wants to have this taken to court openly, even though she knew she could not win. She felt that accepting the compensation was betraying her daughter and forgiving the company, which she could never do.

And the reason why Gu Liang's name was brought out into the spotlight and smeared is because they're assuming that he and the mother are just in the entire gig for the money (since at this point the internet is holding pitch forks and declaring that the mother was in the wrong for her improper care of her child [which she could not afford] ), which quickly spirals out of control when the company schemes against him by having their lawyer invite Gu Liang to a meal for negotiations, which they take a picture of and release to the internet, and this gives credence to the initial speculation that Gu Liang might be hired by the company itself. Then, his entire past is dragged out for dissection.

Gu Liang personally felt guilty about everything because:
    1, He never understood the standpoint of his mother's friend until it was far too late and she was driven to the dead end, and he believes he could have done more to persuade her, or at least properly explain his point of view instead of waiting it out, believing that she would understand when she has time to process everything. Hence why Gu Liang openly admits that interpersonal relationships are his weakest point. The only reason why you're privy to the possible reasons that led to the mother's insistence and deteriorating mental state is because Gu Liang is speaking in hindsight, things he had failed to notice then.
    2, His mother ends up not getting the help she needs on time because the ambulance they initially called gets stuck on the highway due to an accident, so he decides to take another measure. He tries to flag down a taxi, but was rejected because the driver knew who he was from Weibo and it takes him 10 full minutes to flag down another car. And his mother's heart problems mainly stemmed from her high blood pressure which could not be suppressed and gradually worsened as time wore on.
    3, Because of the two reasons, and the slander of the internet, he doesn't dare to think that the blood wasn't on his hands, that it wasn't his fault, and he has done everything he could. Because when there's so many opposing opinions and the two women being dead, his strong sense of righteousness - even if the blade of justice turns towards himself - tells him that someone must pay for the damage dealt.

As Ming Yue stated in Chapter 52 (?) - "He is cruel to others, but he is far more cruel to himself."

To begin with, you're right. It isn't logical for him to blame himself like this. The entire situation was blown out of proportion and made absurd because of the internet interceding. They were easily led astray by a corporation abusing its capital and money to suppress two people whose opinions were bound to drowned out and everything just snowballs. But given the sudden en masse of circumstances colliding together, in addition to his self-inferiority he already had, the onset of his depression, and the pressure and antagonising he was going through, Gu Liang broke.

Sigh, I just want to give Gu Liang a hug :'))

[Also, the mother didn't jump off the building; she jumped into a lake with a bag full of stones. Gu Liang tried to save her, but he passed out in the end. He also blames himself for not being strong enough to pull her out.]

Dragon_Reader likes this.
  14. KeeleyWilliamson

KeeleyWilliamson New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s actually fun to read the spoiler section on a regular basis.

15. BloomChi

BloomChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Up, I wanna know too...

16. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops its been a while idk why i remembered it was a building XD

Yes I agree with everything you said, what i found annoying was how the media was potrayed. Is the mom stalking social media in the hospital?? Is gu liang stalking social media ?? Although it might be a huge thing, how long do people keep hearing/ talking about this issue.

This is just a trope that i personally hate =_=

+I just kind of expected something more, and not “social media ruined everything”

Like i just felt so fustrated for all of them.

I don't wanna spoil it for the OP
    I hope this spoiler tag works...
    If i remember correctly, gu liang was the murderer.
    And yang ye was the detective.
    So they were both trying to sacrifice them self for the other.

Yang ye 'won' in the end... Except he had a special card that negates his death as his drawn prize.

He just didn't tell gu liang before bc he was mad that gu liang didn't trust him (something like that)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Dragon_Reader and BloomChi like this.
  17. yuuki_Illene

Reading List:
    Link
    But if you think about it though, that's precisely how the internet works. There will always be people who take an extra mile to dig out information and doxx their victims, we see it all the time, at large. And while it's implicit that Gu Liang stopped after a while, he did spend half a year locking himself inside his house before his attempted sucide and then a bigger part of another year seeking treatment and employment.

Plus, it's not "just" social media, for Gu Liang, it was really his old childhood wounds from having a dysfunctional family, his own personal failures to mitigate the damages and prevent the deaths of people he cared about, with the social media exacerbating the situation and blowing everything to kingdom come.

Additionally, this is the translator speaking, and the third arc is a goddamn pit for different reasons, which I didn't divulge because it really spoils too much about the system and Ming Yue :'))

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  18. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops i thought you meant a different thing by pit

Yes like i said, i personally hate this trope

+ As a lawyer i would have hope that gu liang would know to fight back against privacy laws and such but of course that would have been detrimental to the plot

19. yuuki_Illene

Reading List:
    Link
    It was within his right to pursue those laws (also it's China), but it's also because he's a lawyer that he knows the futility of trying to fight back against the internet, and there's the Streisand effect where more people will know something you actively try to hide or censor. Plus, he genuinely thought he was in the wrong then, so that thought probably never occurred to him.

Licht Heiter and ShioriSai like this.
  20. ShioriSai

ShioriSai ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Reading List:
    Link
    But, will Gu Liang be able to clear his name?

Poor MC :blobsad: