Spoiler Returning (R-18)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Katra1212, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Katra1212

Katra1212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guilai.png

Returning
    by Hardworking Little Wildcat 勤劳的小野猫
    Alternative Title: 归来(NPH)

Adult, Drama, Reverse Harem, Josei, Mature, Romance, Smut

She came home with a deep hatred and to achieve her goals, she climbed onto the beds of one man after another.

NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/returning/
    Raws: https://m.sou78.com/book/20259/

I've mtl'ed the raws. It said it's complete but I don't think so, please let me know if you can find a more complete text, or if the author is still updating the extras.

2. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like this story. The plot is very thick despite the R-18 scenes. And the smut are amazing too.

If you think it's all about PAPAPA then you're wrong. The synopsis is quite accurate in fact. This is indeed a story of how she'll climb men's bed to achieve her revenge. Or to be more clear, how she'll manipulate, seduce, act out a play, lie and hurt herself just to land herself to their bed, because she knows she has the power and smarts to change the business world with using just her body and face alone.

You might ask, if she has all that smart and connections, why don't she just be successful if all she wants is revenge? There is also a valid reason to that.

Zhao Yu- original name Tang Xi
    She's a mysterious woman who sought for revenge. At first she was a very interesting woman who selected her target based on their usefulness and power in the conglomerate. She wanted a man who can bring down her enemy, Zhuang Yiqing, the woman who destroyed her everything.

-Later on, as she hooked and cuckold and even created plays and lies just to reach her goal, you would think you'd hate her, but truthfully, no. Her character is very brave, upfront and engaging. She knows what she wants and she knows how to get it. Every man she set her sights on she has a plan to bring down. She knows that she'll go to hell but revenge has blinded her. I actually liked her best when she was a scummy woman.
    -The moment where she will get exposed or how she'll get exposed or what if her plan backfired was one of the main reason I wanted to read it. And it was worth it.
    Okay there's going to be a lot, so hang on.
    1. Shang Lu
    - her gold master, she was kept for 3 years in the US. This man helped her a lot. And later on become a pillar that would support her.
    - he's also very pitiful
    - Out of all her man, he is her rock. The one person who knew her at her worst, they were fellow sufferer who lost everything they held dear. He supported her as best as he could and gave her a life that she deemed acceptable.

2. Xue Xiang
    - first target after coming back in China
    - young master of Houcan Company
    - playboy turned into a hapless loyal man
    - this pitiful boi was played as a fiddle in her hands
    - The MC's road to revenge started from him, he was supposed to be a ladder to connect to her real target, Xue Zhan, but this boi fell for her hard. He had a white moonlight, and by imitating her, she fooled him into falling into her.
    - he's a very rascal man who likes to have fun, after being heartbroken again and again by her, he still accepted her whole heartedly in the end after knowing her past.

3. Xue Zhan
    - Vice President of Houcan Company
    - Xue Xiang's uncle, originally her first target but was busted having sex in the office so she backed off.
    - He's a very cautious man. A very unpredictable man. Even MC, with all her scheming and calculations fell into his hands. He was the first man who saw through her mask.
    - Their relationship was one of the most highlights, in my opinion. At first, he was merely her first target but because she was busted having office sex with his nephew, decided to recalculate how to move him. Every step, every plan was carefully laid out to move him, and by helping her when she was the most vulnerable, she used his morality, and care for the weak to create a play, one that effectively landed her in his bed.
    - Seriously, their relationship was very hard to describe, but the most meaningful scene was actually connected to him, cause he was the man who bared the real her. He exposed her so thoroughly, her past, her pain, even her revenge. And after knowing everything, he was so lost on how to move on because at the end he still loves her.
    - He was the first of MC's man to admit and accept her revenge, despite knowing she will sleep with other men to achieve it.

4. Xu Cheng Yan
    - Xu Conglomerate heir and CEO
    - her fourth target, fiance of her enemy
    - cold man but inwardly just a very pervert scummy man
    - He's the most complicated man out of all the ML. MC approached him very directly, that is, all she wants is his money and his body as well as to ruin his wedding. To him, that was a jest. But to her, that was her real goal.
    -She was very bare (she wear a mask) in approaching him, letting him see the worst of her, being a gold digger, a slut, a manipulative two-faced woman who would do anything for money and adventure (sex). That was his first perception of her. That was the package she created to hook him. Their relationship was very clear, she is his mistress, they have fun sex, he pay her.
    -They have the most engaging dialogue out of all MLs. Their play in bed was also the hottest. He's sort of an exhibitionist, and their back and fort teasing was my favorite. But as I mentioned, he is a very complicated man, I have a love-hate perception of him, because he's the common type of wealthy man who treats woman as a toy. Buuttt... as the story progressed, the MC and him are actually just as scummy, and her manipulation of how she hooks him, makes him want more will impress you. In the end, he's also the ML I rooted for to be with her, his character development was one of my favorite out of all the ML.

5. Ji Sui
    - step brother of her enemy
    - a very sweet and loyal man
    - he's a very simple character, and the most innocent ML out of everyone. He was the one picket fence and barefoot kind of husband type. He was orphaned and was adopted by the Zhuangs, there he became the stepbrother of MC's enemy.
    - He was actually the antagonist spare tire. Since young, he loved his step sister and was having a hard time going out of that love. That was the MC's main reason why she chose him. Because she wanted her enemy to have no back-up, fallout support. She knew he would do anything for the antagonist, so she also created a play. A pitiful orphan who has the same sad experiences like him. He's also a virgin when they did it.
    - Out of all her man, he was my least fave, if Xu ChengYan represents the blue blood cold blooded nobility that treats life like a toy that can be broken in a whim, Ji Sui is the brother next door who just aims to have a normal life. He was the warmest ML who exuded safety but because he is so normal, he seems to be the strangest. Moreover, I feel like he is a replica of Zhuang Ye. Now that there could be no more between MC and Zhuang Ye, is the author insinuating this new warmth as replacement into her life? Or maybe I just feel pity of Zhuang Ye, clearly, he's also a victim, why was he not redeemed?

6. Ling Jianwei
    - 2nd young master of the Yiyang Group, one of the tragic young man of her past
    - this was a boi who had a crush on her and was destroyed by her.
    - this man is connected to her tragic past. One of the victims 4 years ago. He was a naive boy who fell hard because of hormones (lol). She was his first love. MC at that time was the girlfriend of his best friend, Zhuang Ye. And that forbidden love led to a disastrous ending.

7. Zhuang Ye
    - Luxi Group first young master, MC's first love and first boyfriend
    - the root of her tradegy, their past was very sweet and innocent, just two people meeting and falling in love in college. But then she got pregnant and Zhuang Yiqing, Zhuang Ye's older sister destroyed her because of that.
    - He was innocent, a very naive young master who was also manipulated by her elder sister. In the end, I just hope he finds his own salvation. He blames himself for everything that had happened.
    - up until the recent chapter, they never got back. He was almost driven insane by his family. There was just more pain and regret for him.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  3. starbella

starbella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it halfway but i stopped cus i didnt have time, can u tell me what really happened in the past? Like what made her mom and sis died and whats wrong with ZY family?

Rania want to QT and nielyti like this.
  4. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    Tang Xi is Zhao Yu's real name.

Four years ago, Tang Xi and Zhuang Ye met in college. They fell in love like normal couple. It took years before Zhuang Ye introduced her to his family. Cause he was afraid she won't accept him.

Ling Jianwei is Zhuang Ye's best friend and they always hang out. They had the perfect college life. Until Zhuang Ye introduced her to her sister, Zhuang Yiqing.

At first she was an understanding sister-in-law but later, accidentally Tang Xi got pregnant. Zhuang Ye didn't know but her sister found out.

Just imagine, a young woman suddenly found out she's pregnant. She was distraught, even though she love ZY she is unprepared so she called her best friend to ask for advice. (I think she went home.)

Zhuang Yiqing followed her and in her house forced her to abort it. And in a worse way, she forced miscarriage it by pushing her, her best friend and her mother down their rooftop. In that incident, her best friend and mother protected her and her baby, but she still lost it. On the ground floor she miraculously survived but still begged Zhuang Yiqing to call an ambulance to save her family, no ambulance came, no police came. She left after going to the hospital. The funeral was done by her Godparents while Zhuang Yiqing kidnapped and monitored her movement. If she didn't reenact a rape scene. (Basically she needs to cuckold Zhuang Ye and let him bust on them.)
    Zhuang Yiqing will kill her godparents too. So in her darkest and most desperate moment she used Ling Jianwei's feelings to her. Called him and lied to him and she and Zhuang Ye broke, and that in truth she loved him. You see, Ling Jianwei came from an upper class family who had the same power as the Zhuangs so Zhuang Yiqing would never hurt him.

While still yet to recover (from her miscarriage and surgery that resulted in her barrenness), they had sex and Zhuang Yiqing made sure to call her brother (TX and LJ were being monitored by Zhuang Yiqing goons. LJ didn't know it.) So unsurprisingly, Zhuang Ye bursted on them having sex and then he went crazy. He was heartbroken for being cheated by both of his most important people, his lover and his best friend so he tried to beat Ling Jianwei. And in the heat of the moment Ling Jianwei picked up a knife, Zhuang Ye protected Tang Xi cause she was pushed on the target.

The end result of the bloody fight was a disaster. Two injured men unconscious, and Tang Xi almost deliriously terrified. Zhuang Ye had a knife on his stomach collapsed and Ling Jianwei was pushed on the table corner, his head bloodied.

Traumatized and terrified, Tang Xi called an ambulance and escaped. She left a letter saying her sorry. Then she never appeared again. On that rainy night she met an injured Shang Lu. She helped him (both of them need hospitalization.) And he hid her and helped her go to US.

In US, Shang Lu became her gold master, but truthfully she became his mistress only for the sole purpose of equal exchange, he helped and shelter her but she doesn't have anything to give back but her body. And so they were together for three years. That is the starting point in the novel.

There were many heartbreaking scenes. You see, aside from his shitty family, Zhuang Ye was really a sweet man, he was the perfect boyfriend and he really really loved Tang Xi. He was obsessed with her. They have sex like bunnies too. It's just that, he was quite a naive young master who believes that his sister will never hurt him. Zhuang Yiqing indeed care for her little brother but their family background and their father cheating on their mother and bringing bastards made her insanely crazy against poor people. She felt that all those poor woman seduced her father that cause their family to break apart. (Seriously tho, her father was the true pit trash.) She believed that Tang Xi didn't deserve her brother, and her getting pregnant made her think she's trying to entrap Zhuang Ye. So she ended her.

Zhuang Yiqing was the common spoiled domineering princess. She can do what she wants because she know she had power. No one can say no to her. (She had power above the law- this has been proven again and again. She kill people like ants.) Zhuang Ye didn't know her sister's true face.

But the most pitiful Boi is still Ling Jianwei. They met when they were teens and he fell love at first sight to Tang Xi, regretfully late to notice she was his sister-in-law (best friends wife). He tried hard to forget his feelings cause he really cared for Zhuang Ye. They grew up sharing silkpance, they are that kind of childhood friends that mutually support each other.

Ling Jianwei was an innocent pure boy. After that dark and bloody affair. The Luxi (Zhuang) Consortium and Yiyang (Long) ended their partnership and teared each other for years. (both of their heirs nearly died in that fight, they didn't really know the truth, heck even these two ZY and LJ didn't know the truth of Zhuang Yiqing evil deeds and Tang Xi's tragedy.)

The two best friends fell out together with their family and Zhuang Ye became a drunkard and had to take psychotherapy cause he was really heartbroken while cheerful and sweet Ling Jianwei became a cold ice cube who hated women.

On that rainy night while trying to escape, Tang Xi vowed her revenge. Three years later she came back to China as Zhao Yu.

Her past became a trauma to her. Blood made her faint, so she turned to cigarette and smoke to ease it out her system. Everytime she get reminded of her past, she'll break down. After coming back Xu ChengYan became her dump fuck. Hahaha... Whenever she loses control and felt the need to have out of control sex, Xu is her man to dump her feelings.

If you read it, there is actually a memorable scene that is quite pivotal to their relationship and Xu ChengYan's change in his feelings for her. It was during XCY was schemed by Zhuang Yiqing's rival sister, he was given aprodisiac. Naturally, nothing happened cause he saw through the scheme but the drug was already on his system. He booty called Zhao Yu. And ZY arrived on a bloody scene when XCY was interrogating the waiter who gave the drug. That triggered ZY trauma.

The bathroom scene plus angry sex was the most memorable to me. You should read it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  5. hinokio

hinokio Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any links for machine translation for this novel, because I can't find any :(

6. Sappho

Sappho Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I ask how did the book end? Did she get a HE?

7. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no MTL site that has this novel yet.

There is a raw link above. You can use google translate to translate the whole site. So you can either manually copy paste if you want to use baidu translate or program your mobile for auto-translate when you are on the site using google trans. If you are using computer, just download the google trans plug-in.

Google trans is very readable on the raw link provided. Although there are intrusive Ads, so make sure you have an Ad-blocker. There is another site without Ads but it's incomplete and there are many missing chapters in between. That raw site has the most clean interface and complete text that I found.

Vinilin, RaiLi, Ahmya and 5 others like this.
  8. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what finally happens to Z Yiquing ? Seems she's the only person that should actually be a target here

nielyti likes this.
  9. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    The main story has ended but the extra story is not yet complete.

XU Cheng Yan's part in bringing down Zhuang Yiqing was the greatest.
    Xu Cheng Yan walked out during his wedding with Zhuang Yiqing. Zhao Yu did a ploy and ZY bore the bad fruit of it. :blobrofl: will not overtly spoil his ending cause I liked his side story the best.

This set off a chain reaction. Like a well choreograph move, everything fell into place. The traps she had worked hard to set finally activated.

Xue Zhan, Ling Jianwei's big bro (he's a brocon) and Shang Lu mainly work behind the scenes to bring down Zhuang Yiqing. Xue Zhan and Shang Lu took care of Zhao Yu after her revenge.

Xue Xian was kinda powerless during this time. He's got no power after all and is just riding the coat tails of his uncle. But don't worry he'll mature later on in the extras.
    He start all over from the very bottom as a white collar worker without using his family resources. He'll wait paintently till Zhao Yu is ready to move on.

Ling Jianwei became her stalker. Lol. His big bro adviced him to stalk Zhao Yu cause that's what he did to get big bro's wife. :blobsmirk:

Ji Sui felt guilty of association, (like he knew Zhuang Yiqing's murders but he never did anything to stop it.) He wondered if he met and knew the past Tang Xi and Zhuang Yiqing's murder of her family, he realized the ugly truth that he also wouldn't do anything. (At that time, Ji Sui is still head over heels with ZY). So he gave his Luxi's shares Zhao Yu. (This part is connected to Zhao Yu's plot).
    Ju Sui got shot in the ensuing chaos but recovered. It took time for him to face his feelings with Zhao Yu. (Ya know, Zhao Yu always acted in front of him, making their relationship built out of a lie.) After a series of events, he can't give up on her so he woed her again. Not anything showy, he's the silent bodyguard.

Zhuang Ye sold his shares to Xue Zhan, nailing the coffin to her sister's demise. Just imagine, what kind of conflict he had when he did this. He truly trusted his sister whole heartedly. It may be part because of his naivety, but the simple truth is that, what Zhuang Yiqing did was her way of protecting her brother, she saw no evil in what she did. That was her sibling care, albeit twisted. Can't really help it, she was brought up in a twisted family and she did all her best to protect Zhuang Ye from their family.
    Zhuang Ye was pitiful till the very end. He found out the truth about Tang Xi. His sister's betrayal and true face. So out of self-hate and desperation, he sterilized himself as an atonement. His family threw him out after finding that out. (In their eyes, he's just their baby maker.) He live by himself in their old home (the place where him and Tang Xi cohibited during their most warmest time in college.) :blobcry: There had yet to be a side story dedicated to him, so maybe the author would also give him a chance.

After her family abandoned her. Zhao Yu used her previous murder. (There is a case of murder where a woman was again pushed down the building by her. She got out scott free despite the incident being exposed. It was water under the shed. But Zhao Yu collected evidence of that murder. And on that final moment when no one can/will protect her, she got someone to testify. Zhuang Yiqing was arrested and convicted of murder to 17 years of imprisonment. Zhao Yu would often visit her afterwards in prison to gloat on her. (This is not her just being petty, there is a deeper meaning to her visits.)

She got her revenge. I think she got a HE.
    After Zhao Yiqing was jailed. Everything finally fell upon on her conscience that she used and hurt so many innocent people. People that she care about now.

Guilt was painfully gnawing at her so she attempted suicide. It was gruesome. This novel is really dark. Ofc she was saved. Then she became a zombie, then a walking zombie, then an apathetic woman.

Little by little she explored just how to live and breath. She helped and lived with her godparents. She stayed away from men and relationships.

The men were very understanding. You have to understand, as the hate that had driven her for years was abruptly gone. She needs to find a reason to just "live."
    Gradually, she got better. And her first man to bed is Shang Lu. Aww.. Always her rock.

There are side stories dedicated to each ML and their rekindling of relationship. The men accepted being part of the crowd. The side stories will highlight each of ML's character development.
    Though I'm not going to say the same for some of the ML. (crossed fingers) This is hoping for the next side chapters to feature those ML.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  10. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Lazy Penguin

Lazy Penguin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so i'll wait at least or more than one year before the novel will be completely translated? :cry:

12. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Nicolesmith

Nicolesmith Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers! This satisfies me enough that I can wait for it to be fully translated.
    And I love the MC so much, it hurts to hear what she went through so I'm so excited for her to get her revenge and HE, albeit with much pain.

tarese likes this.
  14. proudyleo

proudyleo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end with whom did she end up with?

15. Skyelyne

Skyelyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To my knowledge, she ends up with pretty much everyone except for her ex-boyfriend, Zhuang Ye.

I gotta say though, Shang Lu is my bias but I definitely love love the character development for Xu Chengyan :X3:
    I wish there's another story for Zhuang Ye :(, I feel somewhat bad for him.

16. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!!!!!!!

tarese and proudyleo like this.
  17. proudyleo

proudyleo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess there is no mention of marriage and children in the end?

18. PenelopeEckart_

PenelopeEckart_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fr, i feel so bad about him. And that he's totally closing himself off, like aaaaaaaaa. He even got a vasectomy.

PrincessBubblegum and Skyelyne like this.
  19. PenelopeEckart_

PenelopeEckart_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She can't even if she wanted to.

tarese, rock.doll and proudyleo like this.
  20. Skyelyne

Skyelyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, due to Zhuang Yiqing's scheme from years before when she forced Tang Xi/Zhao Yu to break things off with Zhuang Ye and to get rid of their child, TX/ZY could no longer get pregnant due to the miscarriage. Later in the story, she ended up having surgery and had her uterus removed. It was one of her plan in her revenge plan where everyone (especially Xu Chengyan) felt horrible cuz for a woman to have her uterus removed is a devastating thing. But it didn't matter to her since she can't have kids anymore due to the miscarriage from before. So definitely no possibility of having kids there.

No marriage either since the end of the main story, she's technically alone cuz she told the MLs that she doesn't think she can love again in this life or something like that. Even saying that, the MLs still continue to love her (and stalk her and she knows it too). The extras at the end dedicated to each ML afterwards shows her getting back together with them sooo definitely no marriage.
    (Atleast this is what I got from reading mtl, so take it with a grain of salt)