LCD Spirit Realm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Aug 2, 2016.

1. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    From the author of God of Slaughter, King of Myriad Domain, and Great Demon King:

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/sr-index/

Description :
    Thirty thousand years ago, the Heaven Fighting Race who called themselves “Gods” invaded the Spirit Realm. Hundreds of races rose up in resistance, but ultimately suffered a crushing defeat. The Human Race was the first to concede, and the rest of the Hundred Races soon followed in succession.

During the subsequent ten thousand years, all of the races were enslaved by the Heaven Fighting Race. They were cruelly treated, and lived beneath the shadow of terror.

The Heaven Fighting Race’s march of conquest did not stop there. With the Spirit Realm as the starting point, they invaded other secret dimensions, and spread war to all corners of existence. After greatly exhausting their combat strength, they were finally defeated by the Hundred Races who took advantage of this opportunity. With no other choice, they fled to the starry skies outside the realm.

Thirty thousand years later, in an era where the Heaven Fighting Race has already faded to become ancient legend, an amnesiac youth possessing the Heaven Fighting Race’s bloodline is being fostered in an insignificant household. Whilst struggling to live on, he silently awaits the day of the bloodline’s awakening.
    RAW Status: Complete

Genre Tags: Action, Adventure, Harem, Mature, Martial Arts, Fantasy, Xuanhuan

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. Seraph

Seraph Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No romance? :( Can't read it
    Sounds cool though

3. Hexwolfx

Hexwolfx 【Hex Researcher】【Crime Syndicate - Most Hated】

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the same thing

4. IceMice

IceMice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They might be checking how many people are interested, besides it will most likely decrease since vacation ends for most people in September

5. Bao

Bao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a harem.

6. Maou-Sama

Maou-Sama Oh Yea that Guy!

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that this is a good one, i just hope that the characters are interesting and plot is well paced

7. Jdoggy578

Jdoggy578 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't like romance but I hope there are are more of his race

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  8. Sietse Valici

Sietse Valici Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually have no clue where it says 3 chaps/week XD But our goal is 7/week ;)

9. Abhis

Abhis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once they catchup to ATG they will allow sponsor chapters as well as 7 chap/weak something like that

10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c2: So, why exactly does that guy carry a mask around with him everywhere he goes?

c10: "On top of that, it isn’t guaranteed that we might even meet one."
    Not true. Due to the law of conservation of narrative, its 100% guaranteed that you'll meet at least one.

c16: I don't see how this exonerates him of the embezzlement charges. If anything, it should make him look guiltier.

c23: Wouldn't it be simpler to just pass this information along to his friends at Nebula Pavilion? They could either halt the mining till next year or arrange for fighters strong enough to take the pack down.

If he's worried about something happening to the Ling family while he's away, he could just give up his relatively pointless charade. With all the contributions he's made to the family, and the debts they owe his grandfather, they would probably be happy to keep leaving him alone if that was what he really wanted.

c26: Why hide the body again? Letting the people at the camp know would be a much better move unless he suspected someone there of having killed him.

Even after he became certain that that was the case, it still would have made more sense to just show everyone the corpse and suggest that they all leave together. If the Feng people were stupid enough to attack, then they would be wiped out, even if all the MC did was protect his fiance.

If even that wasn't acceptable, then telling his fiance and suggesting that they leave, or send their own messenger would still have been better than what he actually chose to do.

Even in the best case scenario of keeping his mouth shut, the odds of everyone there dying were extraordinarily high. Staying quiet was completely pointless.

c27: If they survive this, I wonder if they'll actually be grateful for the warning.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the Feng family had brains, they would have used ranged attacks to assault them before even attempting melee. Of course, if he's exceptionally stupid, he'll spend some time grand standing rather than attacking immediately.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I need to start assuming that everyone in this series has a below average IQ and senses that a leprous snail wouldn't envy.

Also, what was the point in him "waiting for an opportunity?" He's more than strong enough to take that 7th grade guy on in a one-on-one in a single blow even without backstabbing him and once that guy was dead, he could either kill one of the two other major threats or start wiping out the small fry to relieve pressure from the Ling family and induce the two strong guys in the Feng family to make mistakes in their own battles that would get them killed.

All waiting did was kill some of his theoretical allies and give them even more reason to hate him than they already have after he lied to them for five years, nearly destroyed their livelihoods and hid information crucial to their survival from them until 90+% of its value was gone. If he didn't care about them at all, then none of that would matter, but since he obviously does care, there's no reason to make enemies out of allies when there's a superior option available.

Arcelia likes this.
  13. Arcelia

Arcelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This MC's slowness is likely to get in my nerves very soon. First he waited for a party member to get killed before acting then he waits for another four or five to get attacked by evil fog before even trying anything...

14. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, something tells me gramps is able to repair and craft much higher artifacts.

15. Greyman

Greyman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was unsure of his own strength when not standing in a lightning storm, and didn't know the armed opponents' strength, so he observed while they ignored him until the opportunity to sneak attack with a spirit weapon arrived.

Then he was shocked to discover he could hit above his weight class thanks to his body tempering.

Also, he is a bit of a sociopath.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't attack with a spirit weapon, the guy wasn't above his weight class and he knew it, and he didn't need to wait as long as he did to make an attack. He could have simply walked round behind the guy and smashed him with a lightning fist. Even if it didn't kill or disable him, it would have created an opening for the others to finish him off. And honestly, it would have killed or disabled him.

The sociopath thing is true, but doesn't negate the need to maintain positive relations with the people that own his training ground.

17. niks27

niks27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone provide me mtl link for this novel. Thank you

18. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he's still not totally knowledgeable of his strengths and approach things with more caution than he should, he's still very much experimenting.

He's not necessarily dumb but just very cautious. When he saw the black cloud or w/e from one of the opponents he just waited, his allies were sort of the guinea pigs. He wanted to know what it actually did. We have to remember that he's had his brain turned off and just power training for years and any of opponents know much more about the different elements/weapons/trinkets do than him. These are supernatural battles, you could die very fast by doing something stupid ( think all the cannon fodders that rushed to X place during treasure hunt arcs and they end up disintegrating and whatnot ). You don't want to be that guy. The MC is not self-aware so he can't just know that he's going to live doing dumb things :LOL:

Also, I've been in a brawl before. And I can totally tell you that, sometimes when there's a lot of fights going on around you can sort of freeze for few seconds not knowing which target to target. He was staying far back, but then with so many targets which do you backstab first? In hindsight every target is pretty much a freebie but that's not always how your brain processes things on the spot. I know a lot of Xianxia MC have this um... they call it "he's so clear-headed it's because of all dat heaven cultivation" but it's the most stupid thing ever I much prefer the way the fight was played rather than the typical Xianxia MC who just so happens to process things so fast because "m-muh cultivation makes me smart!"

I think the delay is also probably shorter than we think. Dialogue and fights probably happen at the same time but in writing in unless you specify it, seems like it's happening one after the other. Y'know the good ol "all this took X time to describe but ACTUALLY it was only a moment".

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @Evilnemesis7 I stopped reading this already, so I can't comment on the smoke/cloud/whatever. I was specifically referring to the first fight where it clearly stated that he stood around, pretending to be dumb and waiting for a massive opportunity of some sort to present itself. It had nothing to do with freezing or being uncertain of how to fight or who to attack.

Its also clearly stated before this that he knows he's at the 7th Refinement, which means that, unless he's a total moron, he knows that he can attack from behind with a high probability of killing or maiming his unprepared opponent. Even if we assume that he doesn't know this, simple arithmetic will tell him that a 3v1 where he's a part of the 3 and the other side is at most as strong as him, is a situation he can easily win, especially if the opponent is underestimating him.

If it was all happening instantaneously, then there would be no need for him to wait for an opportunity. Even if it were, he could still use the enemy underestimating him to surprise attack him, even if he had to do it from the front. Though honestly, even in that situation, I think he could at least manage to attack from the side.

20. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    God please no, don't let this devolve into some ecchi harem trash...

People didn't like the MC still pretending to be a Retard, but for me there at least there was some logic to it and people aren't perfect, especially not some kid with 0 experience, so I was ok with it.

This though is just garbage, utter garbage.