Is Korea having a problem or something?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Jan 4, 2021.

1. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On that note ... maybe you were typing in "my oppai is the best!", and ended up with "my oppa is the best!"? :whistle:

Capsize, Westeller, Arcturus and 6 others like this.
  2. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Right? It's seriously strange how Korea has so many creative people but their tourism department came up with this instead. Maybe they were hoping it would be amusing and go viral or something.

In comparison, Ai-chan really like these tourism ads. These ads made Ai-chan want to go there. In the case of the bus, Ai-chan wants to go there just to try the bus. Of course, Ai-chan never actually did go to Denmark just to try the bus, but for a moment there, the thought did cross Ai-chan's mind.

3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Not YouTube but i saw that ad a ton on social media a few months back

Ai chan likes this.
  4. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately Ai-chan doesn't have oppai. But Waiwai has an oppai and Ai-chan consider it Ai-chan's property. It's about time Waiwai starts making milk too. Still, Ai-chan's oppa is indeed the best.

Arcturus, nyamachi and ongoingwhy like this.
  5. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Tourism ads from Korea? They've been around for a long time. Korea's real problem is corruption. Well, to be fair, all countries have this issue but it's entertaining that a lot of Korea's presidents are embroiled in corruption scandals.

Ai chan likes this.
  6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    That reminds me, I really need to get Vanced on my phone. The ad spam on youtube is getting nuts nowadays

Ai chan likes this.
  7. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, Ai-chan thinks it's been around for some time. It's just that recently it keeps coming like a slut on heroin. Not that Ai-chan knows how that feel. The only thing specified as recreation drugs Ai-chan had tried was pot back in college, but Ai-chan didn't like the experience and never tried again.

A5G_Reaper and ongoingwhy like this.
  8. Sleep-deprived-enthusiast

Sleep-deprived-enthusiast |Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|

Reading List:
    Link
    The music isn't trying to relate to any possible tourist at all. Plus, it sounds annoying and something you'll only listen to in a traditional ceremont and not anywhere else.

1's costumes and presentation of scenery was actually great. The song was ? but the dance was really WTF

2 made me think of.... 5 hyperactive pink guys wreaking havoc across korea with some swanky ass yodelling music

3 had potential, was ruined by the same song and dance. C'mon, couldn't you take some hint from Korean dancers or the UBER popular and mainstream kpop dancing huh?!

The 1 and 3 actually had very appealing dancers (in the way they move) but was ruined by the dancing you won't know which time period or trend it was from. These aren't even that funny, maybe some smiles from easily humoured people the first time but it gets old real quick and quite ignorable too.

Seems like the one who came up with this was either very high or thinks it could trend. It could, but not in the way they might expect if it did.

nyamachi and Ai chan like this.
  9. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    The ads feel like they were made by old people who think they know what will appeal to young people.
    Old people, you are still cool.
    These ads are not cool though.

reagents 11 and Ai chan like this.
  10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm it may use tactic, da fuq is that song da heck it come from? make it weird so people curious~

for this cat ir sound really weird~
    as for ads.... nah this cat use adblock so it is first time see those video~ da video seem like wanna present old culture mix with kpop? some may interested to that but not mou or muo, mua? how to pronounce it it again?

isn't it fun toying with those who annoyed with this cat or that cat or those cat?

Ai chan likes this.
  11. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure every country has really cringe tourism ads. I don't even want to think about the Canadian ones.

mir, Ai chan and infiniteli like this.
  12. infiniteli

infiniteli Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I guess the first problem I see now is that you're already baiting in more Korea tourism ads... you linked them here and its probably in your cookies. But I feel like your argument on Korean tourism ads are kinda rude and unnecessary :/ If it's not for you then you can ignore them or report the ads as unnecessary, eventually the algorithm will fix itself but the more you click on it, the more google algorithm thinks they're for you. I've seen worse ads in general.

Second... is the person behind Ai-chan Japanese? or is Ai-chan the character Japanese because even if Japanese people refer to themselves in the third person, they never use honorifics when referring to themselves...unless we're talking about anime which is really not how real Japanese people talk, otherwise its just hella rude to the people they're talking to.

I came to this thread thinking there was some real genuine concern about Korea. :/ turns out it was just clickbait.

I've only seen the ones where they just feature a lot of snow... and Alberta.
    really pretty but Alberta is hella cold.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
    UnGrave, Ai chan and Wujigege like this.
  13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Better than all the Chinese ads(Chinese video recommendations on YouTube included) I was getting for a while especially BL ads lol

I don't speak Chinese or read BL so it was annoying.

I publish BL novels so I get why it happens but it is still annoying

pkhyber, mir and Ai chan like this.
  14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Alberta isn't that cold, I live there and It's pretty comfortable (sometimes). Although around February you hit a bit of time where it's usually -40C so maybe avoid it then if you can't stand the cold. This ad was pretty accurate from my experience, as long as you stay in the mountains rather than the prairies.

infiniteli and Ai chan like this.
  15. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone told them cringe comedy is in with millenials and zoomers.

Edit: Honestly, I found it humorous :blobsweat::blobexpressionless:. Probably wouldn't want to see it more than 10 times tho.

imK, Ai chan and UnGrave like this.
  16. infiniteli

infiniteli Member

Reading List:
    Link
    probably different type of humour. Chinese Ads are definitely weird xD It makes more sense when you understand what they're saying but I guess the same goes for any language.

xD
    NOPE. Suburb life here in the GTA is the only winter I can survive, though I don't live in downtown core so that's a relief. Also, being close to all the bubble tea is a perk.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
    Wujigege and UnGrave like this.
  17. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I have adblock so I haven't seen any ads.
    Maybe @Ai chan has been looking at too many oppas lately.

imK, Ai chan and infiniteli like this.
  18. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Clicked for the title, stayed for the arguments.... as usual.

strayCat0, runsing, Ai chan and 2 others like this.
  19. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    op the type to listen to a whole ad just for the jingle

imK likes this.
  20. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of ads that piss people off, I keep getting that damn cardi b does things ad on youtube.
    I don't even like her skrrrrrrrt

imK, reagents 11, runsing and 2 others like this.