Spoiler The Viridescent Crown

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been reported (again, just a few minutes ago), so I'll clarify our stance on this really quick. Spoilers for the novel regarding content that the author was pressured into revising are still spoilers for the novel, and discussion surrounding them is absolutely fine. This is absolutely the thread it belongs in. I understand many of you have varying opinions on exactly what this thread is for, so let me reiterate what I've already said for the entire subforum: threads like these are for the sharing and discussing of spoilers.

The @Spoiler Curator post on the first page of the thread can be used to compile or link to spoilers for easier reading if discussions are burying them. Some people, like @GeeDy08 above, have already done a lot of the work for that, even if they for some reason chose not to contribute it. If anyone believes others will have difficulty reading spoilers here, make it easy for them.

And if you have an opinion on this, post it in the relevant sticky thread. Not here.

2. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    completely unrelated, pointless comment.

I have been reading Manga/Novels for almost 9 years and I have read through 100s of extremely fucked up stories, where they will have more disturbing content in 5 chaps than these whole novels manage to have.
    Does that mean I need to start shilling for authors who write it or just ignore the terrible writing because it resembles real life?

Shit writing is shit writing, Dealing bad stuff to do a recovery arc for ultimately happy ending is play on emotions as controversial it is , Doing bad stuff just to make life of a character miserable beyond belief and ending at that, is terrible writing, meaning to leave a pointlessly bad taste in mouth.

Don't be a smartass, when you fail to hold down your argument, which were you trying to pointlessly bicker about.
    You don't have to be sorry about anything, We are reading a fiction, and the original content of that fiction is equally important to revised one, because it shows the true mindset and setting of story.
    People would care less about it, if the author actually stuck to what he deemed was the correct ending/premise for the story, but the fact that he doubled down over popularity/money sink, just makes it wishy washy story writing with weak basic premise and substance. If it was minor changes, that can be attributed to choices. But almost entirety of story along with characterisations were switched 180 Degree, I mean if one can't call out that writing as bad, What can one even?

Combining with the fact, this seems to re-curring theme with said authors novels, who can blame readers for safeguarding from his future works?
    So dont be sorry, infact be proud you brought this up and enlightened many readers who have aversion to this stuff.

For me, I am reading the Manhwa, which is for me a standalone story, so the original novel issues, have no bearing on my enjoyment of Manhwa itself.

Keep up the good work~

3. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for disturbing you. May I ask you where you read or buy novel. Except Kakaopage I didn’t find where it can be purchased.

rock.doll, GeeDy08 and Ggukiieee like this.
  4. Ggukiieee

Ggukiieee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I purchased it in Google Play Books. It has 5 volumes and was in Korean. But you can use translation when reading it. But, you know, it's not that accurate. The translation, I mean.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Hwon070, perez, Shieri and 3 others like this.
  5. Viola202

Viola202 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read more about the abduction of ms as ml saved ms:blobphone::aww:

6. Nocare01

Nocare01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to thank everyone who posted the spoilers according to the novel:blobcozy::blobicecreamlove:
    After reading every thread here,55 percent are discussions about the supposed plot, I want to tell everyone that now that, the new version is now the real version and we should just don't give a care about the old version:blobconfounded::blobconfounded:

ayiyin, Wapdyne, Gumiho and 4 others like this.
  7. Sofia Razi

Sofia Razi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some spoilers about the original novel and yustaf did not ditch ran when she got pregnant but he was already in love with someone else at that point (i think the orig FL, not sure). Yustaf and Ran at that time did not have the relationship they do in the manhwa. They were not lovers so it's not like Yustaf is not allowed to love someone else. And at the end of the novel, Yustaf and Ran did end up together. Someone on Instagram who had read the previous version was discussing the story so I am not 100% sure of its authenticity. Yustaf is supposed to be the ML of the novel. even on the book cover, they were drawn together. so I don't think it's possible that even in the previous version Yustaf and Ran do not end up together.
    But I am really happy that the author decided to change the ending. Yustaf being in love with someone other than Ran did not sit well with me.

perez, CottonKey, beazacha and 2 others like this.
  8. MissT

MissT Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay...now can someone tell me what chapter in the novel when the MC went to rescue the 2nd male lead?

Ggukiieee likes this.
  9. Ggukiieee

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know if its all the same volumes or what, but I am reading the one from Google play books. So in play books, Ran saves Lumier in Volume 2, about page 235 and so.

10. kyeongari

kyeongari Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just get to the forum and i'm confused about the og novel, gang bang and impregnate stuff while some spoiling that ml and mc get happy ending. can someone explain it to me? thank youu!!

Ellavader6666 likes this.
  11. Ellavader6666

Ellavader6666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignore gangbang and impregnate stuff as none of that happens in the story you are currently reading now. It is said that all that stuff supposedly happened in the original work, but it doesn't seem like anyone has any clue of where the original work is. I think they're saying that the author changed it because of the outrage it caused.
    Honestly, I would've been disturbed reading that story and specifically those scenes.

Thankfully, it's not happening and you know, I would definitely not be disturbed to read some snu snu fluffy scenes between our leads:blobpopcorn:
    please provide more spoilers:aww:

darkcrystal and creizreiz like this.
  12. cutesherry

cutesherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damnit...
    It is one of those times in which I bitterly regret coming looking for spoilers on novelupdates :blobcry:
    I've really been enjoying the webtoon and it's one of my actual favorites atm, but here I am, foolishly reading through pages with countless entries about the 'original story' which has unpleasant events depicted in it :blobconfounded:
    I won't be coming back here again since there are not enough actual spoilers in what is supposed to be a spoiler thread, and too many speculations and conversations around them.
    <deep breath>
    ok! Time to somehow find some way to get all this out of my mind, soon, fast, and start enjoying the webtoon again happily and look forward the romance between those two! :blobmelt:

13. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more cute spoilers of Ran and Eustaf from the official novel version?
    Would like spoilers about the next big story arcs and cuteness

Ggukiieee and Sherlockisk like this.
  14. RM97

RM97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want spoilers of yustaf confession. Anyone ?

15. Ggukiieee

Reading List:
    Link
    Ran's Birthday gift to Yus

This is after they got back from green arch (their mansion in the capital), so they just arrived in the sky mansion (the one in the lachia)

They are drinking tea when Ran says that her job as a head will be over in one year. While speaking Ran just stopped for a moment.

"Sister?" Ran face distorted in an instant. "Yus!" Ran screamed and Yus said "Yes?" Ran jumped from her seat and put the teacup down hastily. Tea overflowed from the teacup but she did not pay attention and drooped her hand, "No, hang on!" Ran says and run out of the office.

Yus somewhat puzzled but quietly waited for her. After a while, there is a sound of foot running in the hallway. Yus smiled without knowing it.

Ran open the door, with a long box on her side and a bouquet of flowers on her hands. Yus puzzled look says in his mind that he wonder where vase it was taken from and why.

"Yus, Happy Birthday!" Yus was shocked and Ran mumbled "sorry I forgot... No this is not an excuse... No, why did you schedule the tour of going back on your birthday? Uh, not this either. Anyway."
    Ran paused, "really sorry for forgetting. Happy Birthday, Yustaff Laban de Lazia" ran speaks while she pulls the long box "hope you like it"

(so basically Yus carefully accepted the sword. It was crafted by elves)

"what do you think....?" - Ran
    "I like it." - Yus
    "Really?!" - Ran
    "Yes." having said that, yus turned to her and bow
    "-?!" Yustaf kissed her on her cheeks with a naive-looking smile
    "I really like it, sister"
    Ran face turned red, Ran says in her mind.
    'Do foreign countries do kiss on cheeks? Is that a tradition here to? But wasn't it too close to the lips to be called cheeks? Was it just my senses?'

"I never thought that I would be celebrating my birthday." - Yus. Ran came to her senses when he spoke
    "Why?" - Ran
    "well, its been a long time since i have received a present." - Yus

(Ran recalls what her mother do to Yus before, and when he sent off to the academy, she dont know if there is a friend that will celebrate his birthday with him)

"Next time I'll make it gorgeous. It's coming-of-age ceremony, right?" - Ran
    "Right." - Yus face slightly darkened, "at that time, I will be the head."

Yus picked up the sword and slowly kissed the scabbard. Still, his eyes was fixed straight to Ran. As if he was kissing Ran. Through Yus action, Ran remembered when Yus kiss her cheeks(?) earlier, and his smell because he was closed.

When Yus finished kissing the sword, he smiled and said, "Thank you, I'll cherish it."
    Ran trembled, as if releasing from Yus spell. smiled and said, "Its good that you like it."

"Then, I'll go now, I will see the documents later."

Ran cheeks was red upon leaving and she feels hot, fanning her fiery cheeks. Ran began walking quickly through the hall.

So what will happen soon to the raw manhwa is the outdoor Imperial Ball where Ruth, the shty crown prince, will attempt to rape Ran in the garden.
    Yus sent him flying to save Ran. Yus ask the prince for a duel but this prince really has no guts and keeps on shouting to arrest him for treason.

So Yus keeps on asking Ran if she is okay, coz Ran is not crying at this moment but she is trembling. Ran didnt want to show weakness to the people around so she is suppresing her cry, while Yus hides her with his cloak.

Upon waiting for the wagon, and only the 2 of them left, Ran began to cry, so Yus keeps on comforting her, like hugging her even when they enter the wagon and the whole ride back home. They hold each other hand. Clutching. And Ran fell asleep while leaning to Yus.

(I would love to translate this whole scene in the wagon because its sweet, but it will be happen soon anyway in the raw manhwa so I guess I didn't have to)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    angel20004, ISTP23, MiraJane and 57 others like this.
  16. Ggukiieee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yus jealousies:
    1. Blaine (LOL) - Yus go outside to do swordmanship at night when he found Ran, without slippers and in her night clothes. Blaine came in the scene as well, shocked forna moment that Ran and Yus are in the outside together. Basically, Yus somewhat think the Ran and Blaine is having a secret meeting outside at night. LOL. but he got over it.
    2. Ravel, the 2nd prince - on the imperial ball, before Ran was almost raped by the crown prince. Yus saw them dancing ang chatting happily then after dancing, they go outside to the garden. But soon after, Ravel came back alone and Yus mood lightened. So he got over it as well.
    3. Some Nobel mens - on a banquet where Ran and Yus supposedly go together but Yus has matters to attend to at first and he will be late, upon arriving he saw nobel mens encircled to Ran and being close. So he came behind them and with his dagger look, he chased them away.
    4. Lumier - there is so many little jealousy here. But I feel like when Rumi and Yus clashing, Yus is very confident that he will win Ran's heart. So his jealousy is short term. LOL.

Ran's one and only jealousy:
    • Sina (LOL) - Ran got insecure here when the 3 main characters (Yus, Rumi, Sina) are together in one place at the banquet. Feels like she is not belonged there together with them. Then, she saw Yus and Sina dancing, and somewhat happily chatting to each other (little did she know that she is their topic). So after that, she is avoiding Yus, pushing or directing Yus to Sina more, and preparing to leave just in case Yus fell in love completely to Sina. (But Yus can't take it anymore, so he picked Ran like a rice bag and they talked, this is the talk they had when Ran telling all the truth about this book, like he is the male lead and Sina is her female lead, like she is not her sister Ran to begin with)

Sadri, Naant, MiraJane and 75 others like this.
  17. Ggukiieee

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a coming of age ceremony for Yus so they announced here that he is now the head. Ran was quite drunk so Yus approach her her to dance. They supposed to talk about the condition later, but Yus said that he doesnt want to talk about it when Ran is drunk. Ran insisted that its fine and dragged him to the hall outside the banquet.

"Tell me." - Ran
    "Later." - Yus
    "No, its now. We are talking about that condition? Tell me." - Ran
    "Besides, If I dont hear that condition, I dont think I can fall asleep" - Ran
    Yus turned to her and said, "My sister insisted that you will listen." Yus take a deep breath and said,
    "I will remove you from the Lachia family register."
    Ran shocked and her mouth trembled. Looked down at the floor and said to herself 'I'm awake now'.

She took a deep breath and said, "I was expecting that much" she tried to speak positively but still her voice trembled.
    'oh, its more shocking than i thought.' - Ran's mind.
    Tears began to flow in her eyes so she blinked quickly and said "Okay, then" and turned around. As she didnt want to show Yus her crying.

"Sister." - Yus
    "I, first, I'll go in." - Ran
    "Aren't you going to listen to everything?" - Yus
    "Do you have any more stories to tell?" - Ran
    "Yes" - Yus
    "Okay" - Ran
    "If you want to leave Lachia, you can take anything you want." - yus
    "what?" ran turned amazed.
    "ice crystal mining rights, contracts with the golden rose, contracts with the elves and dwarves. All. My Sister made it. So you can take it all with you." - Yus

Ran was shocked from what she is hearing from Yus. Shouted. "I dont need that!"
    At that shout, Yus laughed unknowingly.
    "I dont want that! I dont even want to take all of them from you!" - Ran was angry, and at the same time started to cry.
    "Sister." - Yus reached out and covered her cheeks.
    With that, Ran cried even more. And Yus carefuly wiping the tears.
    "I wasnt trying to make it sound like that." - Yus
    "Am I really nothing?" - Ran
    The finger who wiping the tears stopped.
    Ran looked at Yus eyes and said.
    "it really didn't mean anything to you?" - Ran
    "Sister." - Yus called with low voice.
    "I'm giving my sister a chance." - yus
    The question look caught on her face and Yus laughed bluntly.
    "It gives you a chance to run away from lachia." - yus
    "what...." - ran. While Yus laughed again.
    "If you run away now. I will not catch you. I will not even try to find you. You can go anywhere you want." - Yus
    Ran was still shocked on what Yus saying right now.
    She still didnt understand well why she would run away from Yus.
    "why am I.." - ran muttered
    Yus bowed down and look at her eyes.
    "Or I will eat you." - yus smiled. (it was literally EAT word on the translation guys LOL)
    "Please give me a moment." - Ran still cant keep up what Yus is saying to her right now.

Yus gazed with joyful eyes as he looked at Ran with her mouth open from confusement.
    "Now I am proposing to my sister." - yus
    "Lie" - shocked Ran
    "No" - yus politely answer her
    "but yus, i really dont need anything. Without me, there wont be any vassals that are not loyal to you. Of course, the trade with the elves and dwarves will be a little difficult but it wont hurt your finances that much-" - ran explained (misundertood LOL)
    "No." - yus interrupted her
    "what's no?" - ran still confused (LMAO Ran, really? How dense are you?)
    "I guess I said something wrong, I mean, I like my sister." - yus
    "Lie!" - shocked Ran. And Yus, sighed.
    "You may refused or leave. However, please dont deny it by interpreting my heart as sister's will." - yus

Ran still shocked and couldnt believe Yus confession. Why me?

"Ha. But Yus, we are siblings." - Ran
    "we are sibling as a famiy register. But it will not be because you will be expelled from the family register now." - yus
    "But still, there was a time like that, and what would be the people think?" - ran
    "People who curse will curse what we do anyway. Those are the same people that laughed at sister for being a lachia without having a blood of lachia." - yus
    "And the vassals?" - ran
    "it doesnt matter." - yus. She proved her abilities that no one will object it.
    "I, I- I dont know.." - ran. And become silent.

Ran raised her head and asked.
    "what if I reject your confession?"
    "then it can't be helped." - yus
    "what if I say i want to stay in lachia after refusing?" - ran
    "then I will give you a title." - yus laughed faintly
    "what...?" - ran
    "An you will suffer from my courtship."
    "what...?" - ran
    "Isnt that unavoidable?" - yus said so and reached out.
    Ran grabbed the hand with a blank face. Yus bowed and kissed the inside of her forearm.

Ran quickly pull her hand and Yus said while releasing her hand.
    "I'm afraid that you might think its a dream." - yus
    Under the dim light, ran can see the mark on her forearm. Her face turned red, "Yustaff!!!"
    Yus laughed and exhaled for a long time. Said.
    "Please make a decision in 2 days."
    "Okay.." - Ran nodded.
    "Would you like to go back to the banquest hall? Or -"
    - Yus
    "How would i go back with this trace?" - Ran said while raising her arm
    Yus laughed, and said "I will send Timothy." then he went back.

Ran leaned on the wall and think that it is a dream. But also think that it's too real to be dreaming.

18. Ggukiieee

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm baaack to this forum. I just finished re-reading this novel for 2nd time and put some summary notes together with their pages so that I can quickly find the scenes to translate in case you want some spoiler LOL.

I just answered some spoiler above, if you still want, I would gladly spoil everyone here but give me time hehe (y)

19. Esmerid

Esmerid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg, thank you for your hard work :aww::bloblove::blob_pompom:

Athy1000, dindi, 821121 and 1 other person like this.
  20. GeeDy08

GeeDy08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Wow thank you soo much for the spoiler @Ggukiieee . You're my light. Pleaseee keep the summary. I super love it

Athy1000, Ggukiieee and dindi like this.