Spoiler There’s No Such Thing As a Villainess Route? Not in My Book! | 悪役令嬢ルートがないなんて、誰が言ったの?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aksakov229, Jan 5, 2021.

1. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know who is more f**ked up: her or the male leads. Perhaps all of them. :mad:

2. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah
    Classic
    Another Garbage, not even worthy of dumpster fire.

3. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's the Prince

Mikaa and evanesco99211 like this.
  4. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright... I reread the chapters. I made a few mistakes. Firstly, it's not the son of the gardener but the grandson of the gardener. Secondly, she was about to be kissed before they were interrupted. So, they haven't kissed yet. Sorry about that.

Then, I grew curious again if there really isn't a good explanation for her behaviour because it's just too bizarre. It's not normal to be that accepting. After MTL'ing until chapter 24, I guess, I kind of get it now and more forgiving towards the MC and MLs.

The world is bound to the game rules so it was really game-like.

For example, by chapter 24, there is a kind of open tug-of-war on who could plant the right colour of flowers to help them with the goals. Basically it's a fight between Alicia and Gardener team versus Ophelia and Gardener's grandson team. If the flowers are black, then Ophelia has the chance to meet her fiance. The more flowers of her colour (black) inside that one flowerbed, the higher her chance to do so. When team Alicia completely replanted the flower bed with the capture targets' colours, the prince didn't get the chance to meet his fiance at all but constantly tripping upon Alicia.

That is to say... unlike most isekais, they aren't completely free to do whatever they like. As such, their bizarre behaviours totally make sense. The capture targets are at most fishes or rather characters who are at the mercy of the players and the world. The MC, on the other hand, cannot bring herself to be angry and blame the capture targets including her fiance since she knew about the game and its rules and there's a high possibility that it's not the capture targets' fault at all. And so, there's literally nothing the MC could do but go for it (she wants Felix) and play the game according to the rules to get him.

But again... I might be wrong since I haven't finished reading it yet and most of my info is from MTL.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  5. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus why do they make women either vindictive and should be punished our a freaking doormat?

6. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why i don't really like the story, I've said it before here that the target characters are in control by the game system.

And Ophelia, the Mc. What is the purpose of her reincarnation?

And also the heroine herself is also suspicious because she seems to know how to capture the targets and where she will meet them. Alicia is aware.

It's like Ophelia vs. Alicia. :blobpopcorn:

Even Ophelia won, The Game will still continue. It's true that Ophelia chose Felix as her target tho. Even Alicia chose Felix since in the very begining of the game. Ophelia is fighting because she doesn't want to have a bad ending. Just like the OG Ophelia got. So she's being friendly to all of the characters to avoid the bad ending. But nah Alicia is bitch.
    It's just hard to understand since we used google translator. :blobwoah:..

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Laerta, Lucila, OtomeAddict and 11 others like this.
  7. yoshee

yoshee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read somewhere on top that the ml is actually
    Felix, the prince/childhood friend
    but I'm not sure

Tiis_Ganda, Laerta, Ceilo27 and 5 others like this.
  8. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In some stories, it's just because the story is that shallow. The characters aren't restricted by the world but still acts like fishes. That's why I thought the same goes for this story. Only after rereading further that I realize that's not the case here. Though I have to wonder... does a a**h*** like Alicia exists in the real world? Have any one of you meet one? I'm just curious.

9. lilsungies

lilsungies Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    believe it or not, there actually are people like Alicia. someone who literally will do anything to get what they want. they will step on people and spread lies just to be "better". another type of person like that is someone who looks down on people to make themselves feel better, or feel like they're just better than anyone. those kinds of people meet people better than them or are the same level, there's a big chance the bad person will blow up.

10. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO I HATE IT!!!! THANK YOU GUYS HSHSBWUBSUS Y'ALL SAVED ME FROM READING THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

11. nixp

nixp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i should have not expect anything!!
    my... its really broke my expectation, how can-- just how?!
    first time i read it and i think it will be like 'I'm Not Breaking Off the Engagement' story. but, nah.
    did the story end already?

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  12. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    During PE, Alicia is paired with Felix while Ophelia is paired with Klaus. After school/class Alicia goes to the garden and tries to get the gardener to replant the flowerbed with colored freesia. The gardener (the grandfather, not Io) is reluctant, but agrees.
    A few days later, Ophelia notices that things have become different. The capture targets have started to avoid her. She gets a bad feeling and checks the flowerbed. Sure enough, she sees the gardener replanting. Ophelia mentions Io, the gardener says that the flowers were returned to Io. Ophelia correctly assumes that it's Alicia's doing. She asks for Io's location.

Io is next to the black roses. She mentions the black freesia. Io is disappointed over this and apologizes, but Ophelia says that it's not his fault. She asks if he can replant it, he says that he'll try. (Why don't you just destroy the damn flowerbed?) Meanwhile, Felix has noticed that he hasn't had many chances to see Ophelia while he sees Alicia everywhere, making him anxious. However he finally gets a chance to go to lunch with her, so he's happy. Alicia is monitoring Ophelia and Felix going to lunch, wondering why he didn't ask her. She tries asking the other capture targets, but is unsuccessful.
    After school Ophelia decides to start helping with the flowerbed. They go to replant the flowerbed. Alicia sees them and starts screaming that they were doing a terrible thing. She seems to be clearly aware of the flowerbed's significance, per Ophelia's observation.

Alicia is horrified that they changed the flower colors after she asked for it to be changed back. She runs off to get the grandfather's help. He returns with her, holding red freesia (Felix's color). They start to battle for dominance, apparently. Felix arrives and asks if the black freesia was better than the red. Felix is given (or picks, not sure) red freesia. He then gives it back to Ophelia, asking if she loves him, effectively a proposal of marriage. She responses in the affirmative. She then remembers that the confession event in the game has the chosen target(s) giving the heroine the flower of their color. Now that Ophelia has taken the flower, it's her win.
    Felix asks if he can kiss Ophelia, however she says that they can't since they aren't alone. He asks what if they weren't. She said it'd be fine, but it's embarrassing to be asked directly.

Ophelia returns to her room, she's on cloud nine. She thinks that if Alicia weren't there, they likely would have kissed. Ophelia then realizes that she's truly happy in the game world and that although this was initially a game, her feelings for him are genuine. The following day Ophelia is asked to perform the NYE song. When she says that her singing stinks, he says that they'll practice together so she gets better. Also, Alicia can't sing because she is known as the person who lied about being the Goddess of Freesia. At the day of the event she is nervous, but sings well alongside Felix and their performance is seen as a symbol of happiness.

13. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end the author says that the web novel was cleaned up and altered quite a bit for the LN version, so there may be some differences. Offhand I hope that they made it more clear that the game mechanic was controlling the capture targets and apparently the school as well. It is displayed here, but it's not really clear enough for my tastes.

Also, Alicia's punishment was a bit underwhelming. She's ostracized from everyone else and will almost certainly not marry anyone rich or influential, but that seems to be the only true punishment. I'd like to see her get sent to a monastery or thrown out of the kingdom. Or at least more of a dressing down by the targets. It was also unclear if she was also a reincarnation and aware of the original game. It's heavily implied since she was aware of the flowerbed.

I also went and added these to the bot post, so people don't have to go to the next page if they don't wish to do so.

14. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a fitting end nonetheless. Something like greed not satiated.

Melita_H likes this.
  15. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but I can't help but love the face slapping when it does happen.

16. mia-chan

mia-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, i hate it when Ophelia just accept their apology right away- i mean.. even i sometimes still salty with something that already happen few years ago- but yea even in rl theres alot people like that..

17. Ariawolfgar

Ariawolfgar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtaf? I have to say I love villainess reborn stories they are my shitty-latin-drama-you-know-it’s-bad-but-you-just-can’t-get-enough like Chinese manhuas. I mean when I want quality reading I just go and read a jane austen book or some serious stuff. But I just love this day-to-day trash. But after reading this spoilers. My god. This is way over my expectations. I would absolutely love a story where the MC is like “you wanna dump me? Well.... okay be happy.... I’m outta of here”. And sees from a quite place how they all their dooms day. Why can’t authors give us that? I mean come on villainess/reborn stories are pretty famous so al least of one good idea‍♀️

18. Lalali

Lalali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WTF, ML and other capture targets are so weak getting controlled by the system while MC is fighting alone.

MariaJ, skai.ya and Mikaa like this.