Spoiler I Will Make an Effort to Change the Genre

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Aug 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Luca's parent situation is confusing from rereading the spoilers. I think @Ginnks can correct you with point 1
    The best explanation I can give you with the Duke is that he most likely wants the competent son to inherit the title, especially the son he has with the woman he's actually interested in

Point 2, as with the character bios of first page, Judith is
    "The granddaughter of Princess Margaret, the younger brother of the first king of the Rumgart kingdom."

Laerta, LokaLari, Jukki and 12 others like this.
  2. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bear in mind, I spedread this and sacrificed sleep because it was nearing the deadline at the time so I probably got a few things wrong but 22-40 is essentially from what I remember were the events after shopping for clothes and mostly the assassination attempt on Luca on the train.
    What I can remember was MC worrying a bit and trying to remember the assassination event, she sadly has motion sickness/upset stomach upon the early times of the trip. She lets down her guard a bit, thinking the assassin won't attack so soon and that the novel mentioned the attack happened halfway the trip. Before the attack, Judith notices Luca reading a complex newspaper article (forgot if its about his biodad Johanes or Rudiger), basically she's worried on his mental development that while Luca seems like a genius, he shouldn't be reading such sensitive content for a kid and replaces the newspaper article with a children's book and that she'll ask him questions about the plot later. Judith and Rudiger talked why he doesn't seem interested in marrying, which led to a minor verbal shipping moment about being good uncle and aunt figures (I believe there were minor connotations they implied they'd be good sub parents to Luca? Or it might just be me shipping) which Luca interrupts because he's annoyed with the atmosphere and questions Rudiger "He wasn't like this before" which embarrases his uncle. Both deny nothing noteworthy happened.
    As for the assassination event, forgot how the assassin was figured out but they reached a temporary stalemate, Rudiger is trying to find a gap to shoot the assassin and Judith tries to persuade him not to kill the assassin so as to gather data on who his employer (even though she knows who it is due to novel knowledge but ofc it'd be less sus if it came from the suspect himself). Judith and Luca are hiding behind the makeshift barrier turned table during the crossfire and Luca sneaks up to the assassin to help. Judith is flabbergasted and attempts to save Luca, someone gets injured (I think it was Judith or Rudiger). The assassin nearly escapes but Judithn while Rudiger distracts him or is preventing him from leaving by threatening him with the gun, throws something at the assassin (forgot if it was her shoe or condiments), hits him in the head. Since the assassin was close to the exit, he falls to his presumed death which horrifies Judith because not only did she fail to gather info, she actually murdered someone.

Luca feels bad about the event and persuades to tell Judith she doesn't have to bother in following him since these are all his affairs. Luca even mentions the same thing to Judith how she's not the same as before with tears and all. Judith upon experiencing first hand how this'll affect both the lives of Luca and Rudiger steels herself and tells Luca she has the right to be involve with him and to refer to her as mother/mom from now on as they prepare to reach the dukedom

Bella94, Elisee, Sorabito and 77 others like this.
  3. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks about right.
    Judith was the one who got injured after protecting Luca. I think it was her hand because she shielded Luca when the assassin tried to do something.
    Both Luca and Rudiger get unnerved by this and the assassin managed to escape the room they were in. Rudiger gave chase and Judith followed him. She ended up throwing a condiment bottle at the assassin which lead to him falling from the train. She later reprimanded Luca for butting in in that dangerous situation. Luca eventually tried to persuade her to go back. Thinking it was dangerous for her to continue being with them. She refused and said that she'll be his mom from now on.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Elisee, Laerta, LokaLari and 53 others like this.
  4. voiceintheblue

voiceintheblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hypothon
    Wow thanks so much!! Wahhhhh it's such a shame I missed their banter, they're both so cute in the few chapters I was able to read. Hopefully there'll be more spoilers for this cute couple hehe

Laerta and bleedingliar24 like this.
  5. shinjij

shinjij Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [For the sake of continuity] On the train, Judith tells Luka that he was right, she should pose as his mother. Since she would have more authority to be involved in Luka's new life at the dukedom as his mother.

At dinner upon their arrival at the dukedom, Sophia shows a lot more interest in Judith (as opposed to Luka). Sophia notes that it was too bad Luka didn't have Judith's eye color (purple) since it is a rare color. Judith is a little shocked at how cold Sophia and Rudiger's relationship is. Rudiger says he is going to stay in the dukedom for a little while because he as a lot of unused vacation days.

Sophia tells Judith that she'll need to get clothes to go around the capital. Judith says that she's okay because she still has several outfits "the colonel [Rudiger]" bought her. Sophia asks if Rudiger told Judith to call him "Colonel". Judith says no, he asked her to call him comfortably (by name). Sophia tells Judith to so, and then criticizes Rudiger for not buying Judith any jewelry when buying her clothes. Sophia says she will prepare suitable jewelry for Judith.

On the way to her room, Judith see's a picture of Princess Vanessa and suspects that Sophia is showing a lot interest in her because she looks similar to Princess Vanessa.

Rudiger shows Judith to the guest room, and apologizes because she has to use the guest room (the dukedom apparently didn't know that Judith would be coming as well). He asks her to sit so they can talk about what his mother said during dinner: jewels. Rudiger says that he shouldn't have forgotten something like that as his mother said, and that he should have kept in mind that Judith wanted to wear rings on all ten of her fingers. [The ring on all ten fingers thing is something Luka said earlier lol].

Rudiger asks if a set would be okay. Judith says that it's fine, and that Sophia said she would give her a gift. Rudiger replies that his mother will probably prepare something big and expensive. Judith tries to say that one set is more than enough, but Rudiger responds that it's not okay to him and reminds Judith that the Winterwald dukedom is famous for its diamond mines.

Judith eventually says she'll just leave it up to Rudiger. He says she'll need about 100 different pieces and Judith is shocked. She asks, "Am I supposed to just wear the jewels once (and throw it away)?"

Rudiger says, "No, not to that extent...but it's not bad to have a lot of jewels. You can use them as an emergency fund if you need to later."

Judith says, "Why would I sell a gift you gave me as an emergency fund? I won't be able to wear that many jewels, and I don't accept things I don't use. I also don't like selling gifts I've received to make money."

"...Do you intend to keep the gift I give you?"

"Of course I would keep it, am I supposed to give it to someone else?"

Rudiger responds that her response makes him happy. Eventually, at Rudiger's strong opinion on the matter, they settle on buying two sets of jewelry for Judith. [I.e. Judith caves lol].

6. shinjij

Reading List:
    Link
    After Arrival at the Dukedom (Post #70).

The next day, Vincent (butler) arrives with several maids for Judith to pick as her personal maid. Judith picks a girl named Rona.

Judith asks Rona if the maids are afraid of Rudiger. She noticed the day before (the jewelry discussion), that the maids seemed afraid of Rudiger. Rona reluctantly tells Judith that for a while, Rudiger kicked out any maid that seems to have untoward intentions (seduce the sons of Winterwald). Presently, the maids are aware of such fact and try to stay out of his sight so they don't get fired.

Luka immediately started succession studies upon their arrival at the dukedom. Luka excelled at the subjects, and Judith affectionately thinks, "isn't Luka is a genius?!" Eventually Judith's thoughts move towards how different Luka is from the original novel. Like how Luka called her "mum" and brought her to the dukedom, or when he tried to attack the assassin on the train, or the fact that Luka distances himself from his uncle Rudiger. Judith wonders if Luka is also possessed, but decides to let that go because if Luka was possessed [i.e. knew the contents of the novel] he would have avoided Judith.

Judith compares things from the novel to how things are unfolding in front of her. She decides that comparing the people in front of her to characters in a book is not good. Changes are an obvious conclusion since she - as Judith - has changed. Judith decides that the information she knows is simply advantageous and not the absolute future.

Time passes and one day Sophia summons Judith to her room. Sophia tells Judith that she found something good. Judith expected Sophia to give her an extravagant gift, but was shocked at the necklace dripping in diamonds anyways. Sophia tells Judith that the necklace is made of the famous Winterwald 5 karat plus diamonds - which are known as "Fairy's Tears". Judith internally laments that she should have realized who Rudiger got his extravagant shopping habits from sooner. She tells Sophia that it's too extravagant of a gift for her.

Sophia replies, "Extravagant? You may not be on the family registry, but you're a Winterwald now. I can do at least this much for you."

That evening, Rudiger, who had been out for the past several days, returned. Judith tells Rudiger that Sophia's gift is too much for her. Rudiger responds, "Darn it. I was one step behind...I wanted to be first." He opens a box full of jewelry to show Judith. She realizes that he had been out for the past several days to buy her jewelry. She tells Rudiger that it's more than enough for her that he has been taking care of her. Rudiger replies, "But still, receiving your first jewelry is a special event."

Judith's heart beats like crazy at Rudiger's misleading statement. Judith makes an effort to make it seem like she isn't affected by Rudiger's statement and says, "Sure, but it's not like it's a wedding ring. What does the order of gifts matter?"

"...That's true, it's not a wedding ring. I forgot about that for a moment." Rudiger slowly smiled.

Judith starts to look through the jewelry Rudiger brought, "Wait a minute, didn't we agree on two sets?!" Rudiger says that he wasn't sure what Judith's preferences were. Judith lightly complains a little more and notices a separate box.

"Oh...it's something that I really wanted to give you." Judith opens the box, and Rudiger continues, "They're lavender diamonds. They are the same color as your eyes. They were difficult to obtain."

Judith really likes the lavender diamonds Ruidger picked out for her. Rudiger asks if he can put the lavender diamond necklace on Judith. She agrees. It takes him a while to get the necklace on. [Cute lol]. Judith asks if the necklace looks good on her. Rudiger replies, "Yes, beyond my expectations."

While putting on the bracelet, Rudiger stares at the scar on Judith's arm. (The scar is from the assassin on the train). Rudiger apologies saying that she got hurt because he was lacking. Judith responds that it's not his fault. But Rudiger says, "I'll take responsibility."

While this sounded like a confession, Judith is used to the (misleading) way Rudiger speaks. She tells Rudiger, "By taking responsibility, you mean you're going to find out who sent the assassin, right? You're a reliable person without a doubt. Then I'll trust you on this matter Colonel!"

Before Rudiger leaves, Judith gives Rudiger the wool scarf she knitted as a gesture of thanks. Rudiger is happy with the gift.

Elisee, Th.ay, TrinaAngel and 156 others like this.
  7. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. At this point, I have to question if Rudiger is still the misleading type here. Unless the exact words itself were indeed "wedding ring", then that should be a cause of alarm... or celebration. Why on earth would a single man attempt to buy a wedding ring to a single woman? At least, the taking responsibility line is understandable in having multiple implications but a wedding ring is a wedding ring.

Elisee, choco_late, LokaLari and 19 others like this.
  8. shinjij

Reading List:
    Link
    After Jewelry (Post #71).

While Judith was agonizing over choosing what jewelry to keep (the ones that Rudiger brought), Luka looked at Judith as though she was being ridiculous. Luka tells Judith she should just keep them all since she might need them as an emergency fund later. Judith gets upset at Luka's attitude - that he's completely changed into the noble mindset.

"Luka, even if you are a noble, you can't belittle a gift someone else gives you. Would you like it if I sold a present you gave me?" Luka says no. Judith continues to explain that Rudiger is giving her these gifts and taking care of her because she's Luka's aunt. She tells Luka that if she accepts all this jewelry and sells it, she'd be selling her nephew to make money.

Luka asks Judith with a suspicious look, "Is that what you really think?"

Judith laughs because she said she doesn't want to sell her nephew to make money, but she's able to stay and live comfortably at Winterwald because of Luka. She tells Luka, "Of course. Don't you know excess always leads to ruin?" Luka pouts.

A maid knocks on the door. Before leaving, Luka tells Judith, "But you're also a Winterwald now, so what if you raised your level of (excessive) consumption a little? You can't live how you used to forever. It'd be good for you to get used to this."

Rona tells Judith that Luka looks just like the first young master (Jonas, Luka's father) but his personality is just like Ruidger's. Judith is like: really? Rona tells her that Luka and Rudiger treat Judith differently from how the treat others [which is coldly, by the way]. Rona slowly moves the conversation towards "By the way...are you...with the second young master (Rudiger)..."

Judith, of course, denies it. However, Rona is not convinced, since she's never seen Rudiger treat any one else so nicely. Judith tells Rona that since he decided to treat Luka like his own son, due to his strong sense of responsibility, Rudiger is taking care of Judith because she's Luka's mother. Judith vehemently tells Rona that if she hears anyone else saying there is something between her and Rudiger, Rona should clarify that there is nothing between Judith and Rudiger.

Judith goes through inner turmoil. Rudiger is definitely her ideal type. What if Rudiger actually likes her? But Rudiger was okay with my pretending to be Luka's mother even though he knows that I'm actually Luka's aunt. He probably wouldn't let someone who he was romantically interested in, do that. Judith sighs at letting her imagination run wild.

Judith hears two maids gossiping about her in the hallway. The maids are bewildered at how both Rudiger and Sophia treat Judith so well. They comment on how Judith isn't even pretty, and that she probably got with Jonas, and now Rudiger, because she's good at sex.

Judith worries about the gossip. Although Sophia and Rudiger don't seem like the type to be swayed by the maids' gossip, Judith decides it would be better to take care of the rumors.

Judith is contemplating the conversation she had with Rudiger about the maids' gossip. [The following is a flashback of the conversation:]

Judith thanks Rudiger for the gifts, but tells Rudiger that it might be good for them to keep a distance from one another. Rudiger asks why. Judith tries to explain that most people don't treat their sister-in-law the way Ruidger treats Judith. Rudiger says that he doesn't really understand, and asks if someone said something to her.

Judith eventually tells Rudiger that the maids are gossiping. Rudiger responds, "What does that have to do with anything?"

Judith tells Rudiger that it matters because they work in the castle. Rudiger responds, "Are you concerned about these kinds of things? Then, I will take care of it (via military law)." Judith says that's not necessary.

Rudiger asks Judith why she's so concerned with the maids. Judith replies, "...Isn't this a normal amount of concern? We all live together in this world..." Judith continues, "If someone doesn't like me, it's concerning. That's why we should be considerate towards one another..."

Rudiger asks, "Why does it matter if someone doesn't like me? Isn't it something that has nothing to do with me?"

Judith is baffled. She was aware of the difference in values due to their status and the fact that she is actually from another world. But this is too much! Judith wonders if these people (Winterwalds) simply think that others have nothing to do with them.

Judith wonders whether Rudiger is just beholden by his sense of duty to his family (the dukedom). Judith's mouth goes dry at the thought of Rudiger's taking care of Luka only because of his sense of duty [as opposed to familial love]. Someone who she thought she could sympathize with was turning into a stranger. Judith decides to give up, since there is no way she, who has only known him for a month, could change the values Rudiger lived his entire life with. Judith says to Rudiger, "Mm...if you didn't like me...I think I'd be worried..."

After a long while, Rudiger responds, "I, too, would be worried if you didn't like me."

Rudiger asks if he should fire the maids and hire new ones. Judith remembered, 'Oh right...this guy is a pro at firing the maids.' Eventually, Rudiger agrees not to fire the maids if they can just continue to interact with each other as they have been. (It's implied that Judith agrees).

Judith is walking in the garden pondering how she can package Rudiger's flirting as if it was nothing. She eventually runs in to the maids. The maids thank Judith for saving them from being fired. They got in trouble because Sophia heard that they were gossiping. As Judith wonders why they were thanking her, the maids explained that it is impossible to get hired if you get fired from Winterwald. Further, once Sophia makes a decision it's impossible to change her mind. But they heard that Judith tried to convince Sophia not to fire them.

Judith is confused because this is the first time she's heard anything about this. She realizes that this might be Rudiger's doing. She wonders if their conversation had an affect on Rudiger, but decides there's no reason to worry any further since it's a good thing the rumors disappeared.

Judith thought that it would be the end of the rumors, but rumors that Rudgier was taking good care of Judith because she got hurt trying to save him and Luka from the assassin on the train were going around. Judith's favorability amongst the maids and other household employees increases even more.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Elisee, Th.ay, TrinaAngel and 156 others like this.
  9. Aldis

Aldis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg, This... :blobrofl:
    Judith have the Densest FL Award in my heart. Thank you for the spoilers!

I waiting for Wordexcerpt done with the official things too. I wonder when...

10. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if you are going to like the answer:
    Because he was worried his auntie would "do something weird" if he left her alone. Like she is an idiot child who couldn't be trusted unattended.

11. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is novel is getting a Manhwa adaptation and the Manhwa will come out on February 28th.:blobparty::blobhero:
    I'm so confused with, how many reincarnation actually happened????? If someone has spoiler on it then please give the Spoiler!:aww::blobowoevil::blobowoevil:

LokaLari, Aymee, Icepride and 12 others like this.
  12. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    With a manhwa adaptation coming up, is anyone willing to share new spoilers? The big bad? Any rivals? Family bonding of the main 3? More Rudiger vs. Luca competition? Official wedding, honeymoon, and while unlikely... kids? I'm saying unlikely because any kids could pose a threat to Luca's inheritance

Ang3Blue and QwQ like this.
  13. madelineshrimp

madelineshrimp New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just to check before i start reading the upcoming manwha... there's no incest right? like the ML isn't the child?

14. DarkeAOU

DarkeAOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No? The FL is the aunt (mother's sister), and the ML is the uncle (father's brother). Isn't it clear from the novel description? :hmm:

Still, why don't you read the first page of spoilers, at least? Descriptions of the ML and FL are like the third post. Here's the link.

15. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    It warms my heart reading Luca calling Juduth mom.
    Honestly, I just hope when the manhwa adaptation arrives, we get a healthy dose of equal
    JudithxLuca parent & child moment
    and naturally Jud x Rud shipping moment
    Ofc Judith being badass would also be a nice touch

cjburaira, LokaLari, Jukki and 6 others like this.
  16. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really her fault because she did ask him why he treat her so nicely and his reason is because it's how a gentleman treats a lady, so she assumed he treated her like any other ladies for a long time, until when they got to the capital then he confessed to her. He asked her for her response and she told him she'll answer him after Luca gets officially made successor.

He only calls her mom in front of others because they're pretending she's his mom to the rest of the staff and family so only Rud knows she's not really Luca's mom. When they're alone, he calls her aunt.

She treats him like a child often but he's awkward with it since he went back in time so he wasn't a child at some point in his past life, but he's getting used to, or just bearing with her treating him as a child. :blobrofl:

So Princess Venessa knows the Duke doesn't love her. In fact she married him knowing he wanted Sophia. There's some underlying secret I haven't read up to, but basically Princess Venessa told her sister that she will be back after she give birth to the son that the Duke needs. That didn't happen since she died given birth to Jonas. Her sister believes the Duke may have killed Venessa and even killed their son Jonas. Personally, I think that's too farfetched given the Duke may have love Sophia, but he doesn't love either of his sons. He's so indifferent with everyone else, but Sophia. Venessa may have struck a personal deal with the Duke because when he married her, it was to get Sophia and the railroad was just something shown on the surface. Sophia married the Duke because of some deal Venessa struck with the Duke.

It's for the family. The Duke and his wife may not accept Judith if she was just an aunt. It makes more sense to accept her into the manor if she's his mom.

Edit: Luca also faked it so Judith can stay with him at Winterwald.

Sophia is obsessed with Venessa, so that's why she love Jonas only, since he looks like Venessa, and she also likes Judith because she has purple eyes like the princess. As for Rudy, he's so indifferent with everyone so Judith is trying to make him understand emotions.

Sophia had always been loyal to Venessa so Venessa's younger sister believe Sophia married the Duke for Venessa because Venessa used Sophia as a trade for something from the Duke. I haven't read up to what actually happened yet. As for why she dotes on Jonas more, above answers that.

Jonas is the duke's son with Venessa. He just looks like his mother, Princess Venessa, more. He have the Duke's blue eyes though, which Sophia doesn't like. Sophia also doesn't like Luca's blue eyes so when she met Judith, she was saying it's too bad Luca doesn't have Judith's eyes, cause Venessa has purple eyes too. She only like people who look like Venessa, blonde hair and purple eyes.

I think Judith may be related to the royal family since she also have purple eyes like Venessa. It wouldn't be a surprise if Venessa fell in love with a commoner and the Duke made a deal with her to escape that royal/noble life and so she married some commoner and had Judith, hence why purple eyes. (This is a theory.)

edit: Jonas is not the duke's son. He's the son of Venessa and some unknown man because Venessa sleeps around. Judith is the former king's sister's granddaughter. She's one of the rare royals with purple eyes, Judith's grandmother, Venessa, and Judith. Judith is like extended cousin three times removed? Not sure how that goes but they're related just not that close. Same with her sister.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Chronological event

Luca gets announced to the Duke's family. Judith meets extended family of the duke, including Franz, Rudy's cousin and the villain of the og novel.

After the banquet, Franz tries to propose to her and Rudy stops him from doing that.

Sophia wants to chaperone for Judith at the imperial banquet but she fell sick so she left it to Princess Malinda, Venessa's younger sister.

Rudy and Luca learned to throw and catch ball. Judith used to play softball in past world. Originally she was teaching Luca, but Rudy saw them also wanted Judith to play with him.

At the train to the capital, she wanted to play cards with Luca. She's still trying to get Luca to have a normal childhood. It was around this time she get more suspicious cause Luca was really good at gambling. He won all the games. Rudy is really bad and lost all the games. Luca won a bunch of money off Rudy. At the end she stopped the gambling and they did questions instead. Luca kept asking Rudy questions like what's his taste in ladies and if there's someone he has in his heart. Rudy couldn't say (he already loves Judith from when he first met her).

**where Rudy confessed and we find out Judith's family tree**
    They head to the capital where there's a banquet at the palace to add Luca into the Duke's family officially and make him successor. Before that banquet, Judith memorizes all the women Jonas had been with so she can prove that Isabella's son isn't Jonas's son. Jonas and Isabella never had a relationship before. Also Isabella's son's father is actually Franz.

Judith also meets Malinda who originally didn't want to chaperone for Judith cause she hates the duke, since she believed the duke killed her sister and Jonas to make Sophia's son, Rudy, as heir, cause he loves Sophia. Judith is confused with that since in og novel, Luca did became heir eventually so it's not like he cares if the heir is from Sophia's side. Also from what she experienced, the duke doesn't care for anyone but Sophia, not even either of his sons or Luca.

After that meeting with Malinda, she met an old man accidentally in the palace. (Later finds out he's the former king.)

Judith also finds out Rudy loves her when she met his "friends", but Rudy doesn't call them friends. They work with him as soldiers. They also thought Judith is the lady Rudy loves. Around this point Rudy confesses to her but she told him she will answer after the banquet because she doesn't want their relationship to effect Luca's succession. They're still pretending she's Luca's mom so it'll look bad to the public if the uncle is vying for his brother's lover.

At the banquet, she met Princess Josephina (Malinda's niece, current King's daughter) who the current King wants Rudy to marry. Josephina doesn't want to marry Rudy though so she tries to pit her older sister, Princess Victoria, to go for Rudy but she also doesn't want to marry him because she wants to be the next King (she's fighting for succession to throne with their brother, Samuel) so she wants a husband who is will just do as she says and not try to overstep her power. Instead Victoria tries to ship Rudy and Judith together. Judith felt awkward but Rudy was pleased with the ship.

It was after Luca got named as successor to the Duke, Isabella showed up pretending her son is also a son of Jonas so why only Luca can be successor. Judith interrogated her in front of everyone with the king's permission. Luca also helped her. Then some guy (Peter) from Judith and Luca's old hometown, came forward revealing Judith isn't Luca's mom but aunt and she had been abusing Luca the whole time. He was trying to call Judith a scammer and liar. Rudy threw a glove to his face to call for a duel.

It was then the former king showed up and saved Judith.

This was when the family history got revealed. Judith is the granddaughter of Greta (Margaret) who is the former King's sister. Greta ran away to marry a commoner because she fell in love with a commoner for his looks. The former king had been upset ever since. Apparently it's also the reason why he was so overprotective with Venessa, because he thought Venessa would end up like Greta. (Later found out Venessa married the Duke to run away from the palace because of the former king. He's too much, won't even let her leave so marrying the Duke was the only way to leave the palace.)

**when Judith finally confessed**
    The former king made Judith stay in the palace. Luca don't want to leave Judith alone so he pretended to be some spoiled kid and got to stay. Rudy couldn't stay and had to return back to his manor. The former king put a ban on Winterwald so Rudy can't enter the palace and won't let Judith leave either.

Judith tried to find a way to escape. She was able to persuade the former king using Luca as an excuse saying she had to discuss about the heir of Winterwald, so he let her leave but she must return for dinner. She left and went through some secret passage of Winterwald manor and finally met up with Rudy.

Isabella ended up in prison, as for the guy, Franz killed him before he could reveal anything. Rudy couldn't even kill him. Judith was going to tell him not to kill the guy to get info first but he told her he was already killed before the duel can happen. Judith also told him to watch out for Franz. Rudy got a bit sad when he found out she came to see him because of dealing with Luca's succession. He originally thought she came to see him. Judith admit she likes him too (but he thinks she only like him a bit not like love him).

Luca showed up before she can say more and he also told Rudy to keep an eye on Franz. Rudy was surprised two people told him to watch out for Franz, but he was ignorant of Franz before since he thought Franz's father was the actual villain. He didn't question them and told them he will do it.

Luca and Judith returned to the palace for dinner. It was around this time Judith have a one to one talk with Luca since she knew now he's a regressor, someone who went back in time. She saw Luca almost going to drink alcohol, so it was obvious he was an adult before. She told Luca that she will protect him from people finding out. Luca stopped trying to keep tabs on her since now he knows Judith and him have same goal, to take down Franz. Originally he kept Judith from doing things cause he thought she would screw up all his plans. He didn't admit he was a regressor though. Instead he just avoided her after that to keep that secret from her.

Laura, Judith's maid from Winterwald, helped Judith meet up with Rudy privately at the palace. Rudy is still banned and Judith can't come up with anymore excuses to secretly meet him so instead Rudy had been sneaking into the palace wearing commoner's clothes to see her. It was this time, she asked him why he loved her. Also when she really confessed to him and he asked her why she loves him. She told him it's his appearance but he was happy about it because everyone always prefer Jonas's appearance more than his.

Judith meets up with Isabella in prison and made a deal with her. She had been taking care of David, Isabella's son. Isabella found out Franz didn't take care of his son and had left him starving for 3 days until Judith had him found and taken care of, so Isabella now sides with Judith. Judith got the former king to release her from prison and allow Isabella to be her maid.

Judith tries to get the ban lifted so she asked Victoria for help. Victoria and Rudy are sided together since Rudy made a deal with her to see Judith and he will help her with her succession to the throne. He gave her a bunch of diamonds to learn the palace's secret passages. (That was how he could meet Judith dressed as a commoner before.) Victoria told Judith it's better to ask Malinda.

Judith didn't want to talk to Malinda at first cause she thought Malinda would hate her since she got the former king's favoritism. She did eventually go to Malinda and Malinda told her it's not good to have the former king's favoritism anyway. He's too over protective, like with Greta and Venessa. Both people got his favoritism and both ran away because they can't deal with him. (So he favorites the royals with purple eyes cause he also favorites Judith, who looks almost exactly like Greta.) Malinda told Judith she can lift the ban for one day by having him hold a banquet for her, welcoming Judith into the royal family.

Obviously former king agreed to it and he even made it super grand.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  18. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is called plot twist in plot twist hehehe.

Cloverlin, Caitlyn19, Elisee and 21 others like this.
  19. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    **proposal**
    Laura tried to dress Judith as close to Greta as possible to get on the former king's good side. He always put an image of Greta on Judith even though she's not like her grandmother, except for her appearance. Judith also chose to wear the lavender diamonds that Rudy gave her before.

Luca escorted Princess Charlotte to the banquet. She's the same age as him, but she acts mature (not a regressor though). When Judith saw them together, she felt happy since they were like the originals together, except Charlotte's personality is much nicer than Luca's.

While current king is making a speech and Rudy was trying to approach her, Judith tried to send him morse code with her eyes telling him to stop, and he did for a moment, but then he started walking toward her again and all the people moved to the side and the orchestra started play wedding music. Judith freaked out when she thought he knew her secret message but he was ignorant of it and took it as her "trembling" lashes made his heart beat more, and he immediately went and proposed to her with a lavender diamond ring. (She actually told him before she's fine if he proposes but she didn't think he would do it so early since she's still trying to get Luca and the former king to like Rudy.)

Luca and the former king went and opposed it. The former king tried to speak on behalf of Judith as if she didn't want it and she corrected him that she had spoke with Rudy about it before. Rudy continued his proposal ignoring everyone except Judith, saying he will continue to polish his face and body so she will continue to be happy with him forever. The former king tried to say Judith isn't shallow like that. He was trying to deny that Judith is like Greta who ran away for the handsome commoner guy or Judith's sister who fell for Jonas cause of his face. Too bad, Judith loves Rudy cause of his appearance.

Just when Judith was about to accept the ring, Luca stole it. Judith was upset, but Rudy said he knew people would oppose so he brought a spare wedding ring. The former king called the guards to separate them. They didn't want their pay cut so they listened. Rudy tried to chase after them. The guards were carrying Judith away. The former king tried to throw a vase at Rudy. Luca stamping around in anger. Pretty hectic ending.

Judith got sent to her room. Laura went out and Isabella was going to grab water for Judith. She never returned, but Luca visited her to interrogate her about the proposal. He's really against Rudy, believing he will hurt Judith since he can't love. Judith realized that Luca must've really liked Rudy a lot before and felt betrayed.

There was a time when assassins were going after them. Rudy ordered Luca to escape, but Luca didn't want to leave his uncle there to die. Rudy told him that it's his duty. Rudy didn't love Luca and only took care of him because it's the Winterwald duty just as his father took care of him. His responsibility at that moment is to protect the Winterwald successor. Rudy told the coachman, Hans, to drive the carriage away from the scene. It was the last time Luca spoke or saw his uncle.

Judith didn't really recall reading this scene in the og novel but she can tell it was a scene from the novel. When she kept thinking about it, she fainted.

Judith fainted for 2 days. Rudy was apparently imprisoned for a day and got released, but then Winterwald is now banned from the capital. The Duke and Duchess of Winterwald are heading to the capital. The proposal was all over the news and the banquet news.

Isabella told Judith she bumped into Frantz on her way to grab water. It seemed like he wanted to get into Judith's room. Isabella didn't tell him. She lied to him how she got released from prison. Laura was informed about Franz. (Apparently Laura doesn't really like Rudy and scared of him.) Laura think they should tell Rudy though, but Judith thinks he's a wild card so it's hard to know what he will do. Laura said she will inform Luca then. Judith felt like Luka is being treated as her guardian.

There's a meeting held by the former king with the rest of the royal family to oppose the proposal. Most of them don't oppose it since the public already supports it thanks to Rudy buying out the press to write out the stories. Luca doesn't like it but he told the former king it's just an engagement and not marriage so he's sure there's another more handsome guy to capture his aunt. Judith finally voice against the former king, also trying to appeal Rudy. One of her conditions was, she can take care of Luca, since he's Winterwald heir. The former king said Luca can be engaged to Charlotte so he can stay in the palace. The current king opposes that and the two kings started to argue.

Charlotte doesn't care about marrying Luca since she's sure he would be the best groom candidate in the future. On the other hand, Luca opposes it. He doesn't want to marry her. He made an excuse he doesn't want to ever marry. At the end of the meeting, only Charlotte was smiling.

Judith talked to Victoria to persuade Charlotte, but Victoria told her to talk to Charlotte herself.

Charlotte doesn't love Luca. She only wants to marry so her sister can be happy. She knows Josephine doesn't want to ever marry and live with her family forever like Princess Malina, but the king wants to marry one of them for insurance so Charlotte chose to be the one to marry. Judith originally thought she might've been a regressor like Luca cause she's mature but then she realized she matured because of her family surrounding. She felt like Judith, who is being overly loved by her family because they all see the deceased queen in her. (The current king's wife died and all 3 older children look like the king and only Charlotte looks like the queen.) She felt overwhelmed by the love of her family, so she wanted to try to give them just as much love back to them.

Judith went to talk to Josephine. Josephina doesn't really like Judith because she thinks Judith has it easy to get what she wants. She agreed to help Judith though so she can get out of her father trying to engage her with Rudy. When Judith told her she needs help, Josephine realized Judith doesn't have it so easy.

**first kiss**
    They met again secretly. Laura was the one to call her while she was with the three princesses.

Rudy came because he missed her. They played a game where they go back and forth saying things they want from each other and if they can do it, they continue and if they can't they get a penalty. It went fine until Judith teased him asking for a kiss once a month and that froze him, so as penalty he told him to close his eyes with his head up (since they were sitting on the bench together). She gave him a kiss and he froze for a long time, then he stood up and walked towards her. She kept stepping back and he walked faster, grabbed her and kissed her more fervently with the tongue.

It was then Laura informed her that Luca is heading that way, so she pushed Rudy to leave.

Luca was suspicious of her but didn't say much.

The former king invited her to watch cricket. She realized that Luca must've told him she likes it. But when they went to watch the game, they saw some really good batter and the former king tried to appeal that guy to her saying he looks strong and seem handsome. He told her to ask that guy out for a meal. It was then, the batter removed his helmet and turned around and she saw it's Rudy. She was so surprised he can play pro now.

When the former king saw him, he started screaming at him, hoping he will do bad in the game. Rudy did very well and won all the scores for the team. He approached them at the end of the game to even tell the former king, he knew Judith likes cricket so he played there to show her that there's no better man than he is. He was confident Judith will love his appearance more and he was right; she fell in love with him again.

Rudy also handed a newspaper to the former king where he publicly declared a duel to anyone who tries to propose to Judith so no other men would try to be engaged with her. It wasn't just that one newspaper he handed to the former king. He also bought out all other newspapers, which someone carried the whole stack to prove.

Rudy also told the former king that it's the last person who last to win. Since he's sure he will live longer than the king's remaining life, he's sure he will win. Judith was a bit worried when he said that since he died early in the og novel, but so does the former king. Rudy continue to say that the former king should let Judith marry since he's old and can't live for much longer so wouldn't he want to hold her hand for her wedding.

The former emperor ended up trying to drag Judith away since he realized the longer he talks to Rudy, the more he's in a losing battle. Judith mouthed 'well done' to him as she was leaving and Rudy smiled back.

When Luca found out, he couldn't believe it since nobles don't entertain people. They wouldn't play cricket in front of many people. (He's still under the assumption that Rudy was like before his regression, someone who only does things as duty for the family.)

The help Judith had asked from Josephina had to do with taking down Franz. Isabella already gave some lies to Franz. Judith plans to reveal that Rudy is siding with Victoria. This might make Franz try to side with Samuel. But currently Winterwald is banned from the palace so Franz having a hard time getting into the palace to speak with Samuel.

Josephine had told Samuel to pretend to be friendly with Franz who will try to bribe him. Samuel is a person who does not take bribes and very noble to the core. His weakness is that he's too nice so he was able to do any favor just because his younger sister asks him to. Victoria think that's a bad trait from their father, current king.

Josephina realized Judith not as naïve and innocent as people think she is. She thinks Judith probably most dangerous.

As expected Franz fell for it and went to approach Samuel.

Or Judith thought he plan was going as it should until she found out Rudy sent assassins to kill him on his side. Someone did end up dead but they don't think it's Franz. Laura came trying to warn Judith Luca is coming, but it was too late. Luca found out Rudy have been visiting her secretly through the palace's secret passage. He was about to storm to the former king to have it blocked. Judith tried to persuade him not to. In fact she's hoping the passage gets revealed to bait Franz. She revealed her plan to both Rudy and Luca to have Franz go to Samuel for loan because Franz needs money to hire enough assassins to kill Rudy. With the funds he have now, it's not enough. The only reason Rudy was able to die in og novel is because Franz stole the Winterwald's raw minerals so he was able to hire an excessive amount of assassins.

Luca thinks it's a good plan but he disapproves of letting Franz into the palace for the safety of Judith. Rudy also agrees. He's even willing to have the secret passage blocked. Judith finally agreed.

She was going to head to see Victoria about blocking the secret passage when she bumped into Franz, who was injured from trying to escape Rudy's assassins. Isabella tried to help her run away by acting as if she still love him. He shot her. Judith who saw her dead, couldn't move and Franz kidnapped her. She found out Franz must've hid in the slums to avoid the assassins.

Franz was aiming for her from the beginning. He had let out an explosive on the other side of the palace to bait all the guards there so where Judith is will be empty.

Apparently Franz misunderstood and thought Judith didn't want to marry Rudy and think Rudy is forcing the marriage on her for the railroad, so he's trying to make a seal with her. He left Isabella's dead body there to pin it on Rudy. He wanted her to reveal Rudy knows the secret passage so he can take the blame. Franz wanted her to accept his proposal, since this would help him become duke. Judith pretends she will think about it.

Franz told her Rudy is dangerous since he's like the Duke, and the Duke killed Jonas. He used to be Jonas's drinking buddy and one day he saw the Winterwald's assassins following them outside. He was sure the Duke sent them to kill Jonas.

Franz gave her a day to think about it and he left her alone in the room. She tried to cut the ropes with her wedding ring. She then saw a stone rolled and realized Luca came to save her. He told her Isabella survived but barely. She's the one who told him Judith got kidnapped. Luca told her Rudy's coming with the guards. When he saw Judith's hand with red marks he was wondering what happened. She told him she also tried to escape. (Her hands were tied behind her so when she tried to cut the ropes with her ring, she kept trying to get the sharp edges to cut the rope and also end up cutting her hands as well.)

As they were trying to escape through the window, a hired man (Max) came. Luca was going to attack with a knife but Judith was able to bribe the man with her earrings. He told them Franz is coming back soon. It was too soon as Franz did saw them try to escape and attacked them. Somehow Max ended up helping them and attacked Franz. Judith got his name and his daughter's name (Chloe) and promised she will pay to help his daughter. Max stayed behind to defend them in front of the room they're hiding in.

Max end up dead and Franz came in with his men. Judith showed herself and said she will help him if he let Luca go. When she hugged Luca, she secretly took his knife and hid it on her. When she went with Franz, she then attacked him. Luca then ran and attacked at Franz's leg causing him to missed his shot. Luca tried to grab the gun but one of Franz's men kicked the gun away and grabbed Luca.

It was then Rudy came with his guards. Franz managed to get the gun again, Judith was worried he will shoot Rudy but Rudy end up shooting him. Judith smiled, but everyone else looked worried. She then realized she was shot by Franz before he died. Rudy ran to her.

Return to modern Korea.