Discussion Chinese Racism in Modern Day novel's!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Denizen, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heads-or-tails

heads-or-tails Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well when the samurais invaded the chin-chin country they developed a case of extreme hate against each other, it happens everywhere all the time... Gringos hating and dissing all muslims because of the attacks they have suffered, the irish hate the britons because of the abuses they put up with through history, argentinians hate britons because they took possesion of the Malvinas and ended up going to war, irish like argentinians because they sunk british vessels, etc
    If you want to find out where the hate originates you need to read a lot of history and you will find out everyone hates each

MadHatter, Anon2.0, TTT and 1 other person like this.
  2. Denizen

Denizen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but my problem with that is that Jews aren't full of hate to current Germans unlike with Chinese hate against Japan.

Infinity Sword and TTT like this.
  3. whomightub

whomightub Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no. To all of that. It was called The Rape of Nanking. or The Nanking Massacre. Japan says over 200,000. China says over 300,000. No where near Nazi or Stalin numbers.
    Hey, have you guys read The Ultimate Evolution yet? The rather innocent/blind nationalist-racism against Americans is just cute.

Infinity Sword, Anon2.0, mir and 2 others like this.
  4. xlefr7

xlefr7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's cause it was published throughout the whole world that the Nazi's are bad, I'm sure Jew's current view of Nazi would change if the world allowed Nazi to still be a politically acceptable national group; while what Japan did to China which was on a smaller scale, was pretty much swept under the rug. Kind of like the whole situation where Canadian's used Chinese to blow up mountains for railroads.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped IRAS recently. I wouldn't be surprised if IRAS MC would lick Chairman Mao's grave to pay his respect.

Well, under an extremely loose criteria and bribed ching chong guy as the judge I guess you could pass of his actions as being 'ultra nasionalistic'. But what can I do.. I'm just a normal human... what's disgusting is disgusting. It's really hard to find more reasons to continue reading it. I mean I have been lying to myself thingking that eventhough the writing is really repetitive, shallow, boring pretentious, unintelligent dialogues, and not to mention shallow characters. I thought that at least the mc is fun... But no.. I can't continue to lie to myself *sobs*

6. barashkafromro

barashkafromro Not well-known member.

Reading List:
    Link
    It is the Japanese who taught that to the red government.

7. Denizen

Denizen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny how people are okay with psychopath MC who kills at every corner and yet are bothered with racism

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    MadHatter, Anon2.0, regan and 2 others like this.
  9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well japan soldier on WW II is really bad they make lot of war crimes across asia that time cuz they have been brainwashed for long time the funny thing most higher up on military position are coward
    Tribunal For Far East is the longest trial in history presented lot of evidence for japan military war crimes

MadHatter and Infinity Sword like this.
  10. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Japan's standard of living is higher than China.
    The thing is all Asians are Xenophobic and Racist. The only people Asians hate more than other races are other Asian races. As an Asian, I also hate the country my parents came from.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  11. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    You could even state than china isn't really communistic anymore since after his death.
    Seem more like they took the old imperial bureaucracy, magnified it heavily and gave it full control of the country.

12. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Between China, Korea, and Japan, relations can be kind of bad -- and this is especially true on a popular culture level. It's not really exclusive to Chinese-Japanese relations. I've been surprised on multiple occasions by the comments my Korean international student friends make about the Japanese.

But then again, I don't know what sort of family history in their background that might lead them to think that way.

On this note, the statement that the communist party didn't participate in WW2 is not the view most Chinese have, as far as I understood things. Part of the reason why the CPC gained so much grassroots support was because the KMT decided to focus more of its resources against the internal civil war (against the Communists), while retreating against the Japanese advance (攘外必先安內: "first internal pacification, then external resistance"). It was perceived that these Communists were more eager to fight the Japanese than the government was. (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secon...nship_between_the_Nationalists_and_Communists)

MadHatter and mir like this.
  13. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty funny and sad to me the accidental propaganda.

14. miles118

miles118 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The red government is just finding someone for the population to direct their hates against. They find a common enemy. It's called manipulation. That way they do not ask themself the right questions and they prevent potential revolts. Just blame everything on others.

Sordahon likes this.
  15. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah and a lot of the times it gets so cartoonish and over the top that its not even offensive anymore and I'll just be thinking to myself "if you have to be racist can you at least try to be subtle about it and not ruin the story with such overly shitty characterization?"

Infinity Sword and Nimroth like this.
  16. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Though jews are only a small number of people but japan did a lot worse since asia has a higher population and the soldiers did more heinous acts rather than just starve them and burn them like the nazis did to the jews. Its just the views of the people of the west since its a genocide of a "race" but in asia, japan just rekted everything.

MadHatter likes this.
  17. MiP

MiP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. barashkafromro

barashkafromro Not well-known member.

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not one to define what's the right question. Blaming others can very well be the right answer, just as any other.

19. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Racism is absolute shit, delusional people that can't get over with things that has long passed it's time. Get over it.

MiP likes this.
  20. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that anything goes with novels. If people want to see more of it, then it would be received positively, if not, they it would become unpopular. Racism within a story isn't always just about racism to be racist. Sometimes, it becomes a tool to put a spotlight on how bad racism is. Maybe, its just the preferred fantasy of the author, but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

yuzuki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.