Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't a major reason she doesn't because of what happened in TL1?

2. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    The author puts their other novel (which is my favorite) on semi-hiatus to focus on this one (because it's more famous, i guess) yet things here aren't progressing much... I just want to punch that father.

Malacat likes this.
  3. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What other novel? :cookie:

4. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Otome Game Rokkushuume, Automode ga Kiremashita
    This is a light read, it's cute to see the MC hang out with her friends

AnnHime likes this.
  5. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She practically barged into viovs room without any consideration about whether she was being rude. Then after talking to vio, all she cared about was her own emotions rather than that of her sister. She started crying and putting pressure on violet. She is the type of person who has little to no consideration for others. She was more worried about herself than violet. That's why I say she has convoluted morals. She isn't a villain but that doesn't make her a good person. Idiotic is the opposite of intelligence. But I understand where u r coming from. If u mean that MJ has very bad social skills then u must tell u she has been in the mansion for a while now. Even if her father doesn't allow her to go out, she and violet aren't in the same class. She has been interacting with other nobles. She isn't insane that she couldn't differentiate between right and wrong when her father was always reprimanding violet. (I am talking about before she find out the truth)

abiecula, krale_, Pearl1995 and 3 others like this.
  6. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    She isn't a bad person either. She's just a person. Literally everyone is more worried about themselves than others, it's human nature. Also no, Intelligence is merely the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. Without having said knowledge, you can't be expected to apply it. MJ's biggest flaw is her nativity and ignorance. The moment she realized (was flat out told) something was wrong, she acted like a typical heroine. She's the main reason Vio was able to get away after all XD

It's also not that hard to see MJ completely missing the point earlier. Their father was pretty passive-aggressive with his comments so unless she knew what to look for/listen too, it's only natural she wouldn't notice something was wrong lol

PS: Interacting with other nobles who are watching what they say is the opposite of helpful.

Jukki and theilikepie like this.
  7. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worrying about only themselves to such a point that u pressure others with your own feelings! That's not what I would consider simply a person. She is so obviously someone who has wrong morals. Her father was with her mother while already being married but she did not see what he did as wrong. She simply didn't care.

I looked it up again to see if I might be wrong but the opposite of intelligent is Stupid. If u prefer, a non-rational person. A stupid person/non-rational person cannot be good in their studies. One of the subjects they might learn could be politics. I need to be rational to study that and yet the story itself says she would always beat violet in their studies. We r talking about nobles here who will lead their families thus the studies are difficult ones. Yet she was considered a genius. Say what u want but the story so far has shown her in a negative light. U can say it's because it is from the villainess perspective but sometimes the villainess perspective shows things as they truly r rather than the rose coloured story we would get from MJ's perspective.

All in all, this story as a whole has a psychological theme so it aught to make us mad at some characters including violet. Is it just me who finds that this story has a really slow pace?

abiecula, EvaChan, krale_ and 2 others like this.
  8. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno but I see no reason why Yulan has to guilty. In fact, I think he should be angry. Why does that the father has to punish Vio for something another adult did? Because he was powerless to stand up to his former father in law? That's the duke's problem and it is an indication of how childish he acts despite his supposed age.

The only way to stop the father's actions is to put him in his place. He is just there until Vio's majority. For me, he knows it that why he keeps insisting Vio play nice and family with Vio so his second family can claim they were on the good terms with her when they are really not. Stepmother's action also reflects this and this is why cutting the cords of this family is the only way.

Please let me know if you have a spare spear, bow, and arrow, sword, or other tools for maiming the said father. I am in charge of keeping an eternal bonfire and a collection of weapons including pitchforks for the opportune time to skewer the man. Thank you and please spread the word! If you have a huge, fire-breathing dragon, it will nice too!

I know, right? I don't really want to expect too much on the romance angle since the family angle is ...effed up to put it mildly.Romance angles are also often effed up from the get-go so I really didn't dig deeper into that. But if the story tries to salvage that relationship with a romance that is for VIo's betterment, I will abandon the family ship and go for the romance ship. I will also abandon the Nun route if this gives me more satisfactory closure about this story. There is a saying that we cant get everything in our lives but if this path makes Vio more content, confident, and be more of herself this time around, I say, full steam on this ship.

Que horror! But usually, expect tweaks in any form of adaptation - from novel to manga, manga to anime, book to film...I will still judge based on the plot but at am least assured on the novel side.

I also usually judged on the cover but in this story, it has been an ensemble of Vio, MJ, Prince, and Yulan. I guess the Claudia cover was for the fans of that ship coz it can still sail on the manga. While you pointed good points, it still up in the air how this can work. In addition, let's not forget MJ as a part of the story and relationships. Vio is still pushing MJ on Claudia and Claudia can still find her attractive despite Vio not in the picture. If the YUlan-Vio ship cement son the manga, Claudia and MJ can establish themselves as secondary c characters or a couple firmly than before.[/QUOTE]
    I hope MJ and Claudia get together. It might be a good opportunity for the author to give development to the characters.

abiecula, Pearl1995 and kawaii12345 like this.
  9. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally applies to everyone in the story, Vio included. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: At this point you're just trying to vilify MJ for the sake of vilifying her.

The story so far has been pretty straight forward, if not long. MJ's a deconstruction, that's all. I've grown tired of this worthless conversation. You keep going around in circles, or try to get the last word in with pointless remarks before literally responding the following day. I'm done, this has been a literal waste of time.

And learn what ignorance is. You clearly don't understand the concept or the things related to it.

theilikepie likes this.
  10. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point you should let it go. Some people will always be on the MCs side no matter what. People who have decided to hate MJ will still hate her so no point in wasting your time here

We are all literally wasting our breaths over arguments for a mediocre wattapad story. It's not even that good.

Also funny enough Mj has become the most discussed character even more then vio because of the same arguments since day one

What a queen

Jukki, MiyaMira and Nuzlocke like this.
  11. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also agreed since the beginning that MJ was a very unrealistic person. U should learn about ignorance instead. U confuse it with stupid. U can't even tell that idiocy is the opposite of intelligence and a synonym for stupid.

For your information, I just re cently started reading the debates here on this site and I saw quite a lot of people who agreed with my point of view though some were extreme. Lol! All your debates up till now seem to go towards the fact that she is completely innocent therefore blamefree because she is ignorant. We aren't blaming her for what her parents did. I personally am blaming her for her bad characteristics that normally in characters tend to lead to their downfall. I don't even want her downfall. At this point it feels like u haven't even read either My comments or the spoilers. It's an obvious flaw in her character that leads her to have bad morals. Besides it's also a fact that she isn't portrayed as a good person in the novel. Again, Not a villain but a bad person. U know, there are bad people like that in real world too and no just because they are ignorant that doesn't make them completely innocent even more so when u r at the receiving end of those negative characteristics.

MJ has serious flaws in character - like Macbeth from Shakespeare - that makes her at the same time a pitiful person and someone with bad morals. However unlike Macbeth, her flaw will not lead to her death. Her downfall might be more like realising that violet doesn't want her around and she would have to stay away. Which is why I really am impatient to know how MJ will bahave from now on...

Violet practically said to MJ that she has no sister but MJ selfishly forced her feeling saying that she still want violet as sister. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been repeating to u that MJ is no villain just someone with bad morals. Violet might have been selfish in 1st timeline but being patient with her family and MJ isn't what I would call selfish.

With the newest updates giving a slap on the face and a reality check to MJ, I wonder how she will behave from now on. Only future chapters will tell. This is a good point for her to become less self-centered.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    EvaChan and kawaii12345 like this.
  12. Ocefossa

Ocefossa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Prince

"Um, first of all I already decided to marry Vio. No one, not Vio herself, has the right of Veto."

"Eh..."

"I wonder if it's going to be a political marriage...just for now. I prepared a lot just to convince Vio's grandfather."

"Why Not?" There was no anger. I was surprised to find my words muddled.

"I wanted Vio to be my wife." Yulan continued, "I'm greedy, so I can't compromise. I want Vio to be my wife. I don't want you to be named Vahan. I want to make it all come true. And I got hurt like this (refers to Vio's beating, what hurts her hurts him)."

"Do you remember the book i read once?"

Heh?

"I snuck into the house and read it. The story of the two princes trying to help the princess."

"Ah, yeah...he was a major guy. What was the title?" Vio mused. "I haven't been able to read it since, but i still remember it."

Vio reminisced about the old fairytale of a black Prince, a white prince , and a peach princess. "Someday I'll meet someone like this. The black prince who will wipe it all out and save me."

"I've always wanted to meet Princes like you."

"Thank you. Thank you so much. Thanks to Yulan I'm here now. If only my prince could make me your princess."

Let's get married, let's do it. The prince and the princess always live happily ever after.

Several things:
    • This chapter confirms the grandfather is the patriarch with all of the power.
    • The grandfather is a diehard nationalist who is all about the nation and is all for the many at the sacrifice of the individual
    • He is purely logical, so he's incredibly hard to convince.
    • Vio is the only viable Vahan Heir from the grandfather's perspective
    • It would be easier for Yulan to marry in and take the Vahan name
    • What Yulan is proposing is taking Vio out of the Vahan family line all together.
    • Yulan has been preparing for a long time for this battle
    The childhood Fairytale:
    • The white prince
      • Speaks and acts with perseverance over and over again
      • Persuades, forgives and changes people's heartd
    • The black prince
      • Did not forgive those who hurt the princess, or those who pretended not to see (her pain), or those who are a threat
      • He is unforgiving
    • The peach princess
      • The one who is continually hurt by others
    Final thoughts:
    - the meeting between the grandfather and father is likely what set Vio's father off and resulted in the violent beating
    - this Fairytale explains how Vio viewed her world and her longing to be saved.
    - it also explains the role of the two brothers; Claudia and Yulan
    - this chapter highlights Vio's change in preference and mentality, from her "white Prince" first life to her "Black Prince" second life (growth and maturity?)
    - It shows how well Yulan knows Vio and wants to grant all of her unspoken wishes
    Deciphering between POVs sucked big time. It switched willy-nilly between Vio and Yulan. A lot of exposition between the two did get cut, and the MTL towards the end was confusing. But enjoy?!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  13. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoiler and all the hard work. If u were around I would give u a hug.(if u r not a guy) :X3:(y)

14. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect Yulan's scheme involves maybe sorta giving the grandfather another heir further down the line in the long term, while getting Vio away from crapdad and his shenanigans in the short term XD

miso_soup, Khadz and Jukki like this.
  15. rewzy03

rewzy03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who’s the ML? I didn’t read the entire spoiler section and just directly go to last page. it’s Yulan right??

16. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most probably yes

17. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean it’s great that the granddad cares so much about the country, but I hope that’s not his excuse for leaving Vio in an abusive household for so long?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    krale_, Khadz, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  18. bristy_6

bristy_6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Came here for spoilers as usual I do with other incomplete novels. I didn’t have an account here as I only see the spoilers and then leave.
    BUT Today, I opened an account cause I want to say that I am really SURPRISED.
    Some people did really write essays worth of hundred pages cause they want to defend that Dumb step-sister (Forgot her name cause she is such a flat and annoying character, didn’t pay much importance)
    I mean, I get it. People have different opinions. But Wow!!
    Some people really think that that step-sister is not a bad person! LOL!
    Like how can people defend her for not being selfish?
    Here, Some poeple said that MC did worse since she tried to kill that step sister. Well, she didn’t behave like that without any reason. Her psychopath mother, bitchy father and that slutty step-mother ( Yes, She is a slut in my eyes), and also that DUMBASS step-sister, each of them made her this way. Then again, whatever the reason is, the MC did crimes, her deeds were worse than the step-sister in the first life. But Hello! She suffered for it! She got her punishment! And that step-sister got a happy ending, she didn’t lose anything in the first life.
    And now, let's talk about the second life. Even though MC didn't do anything wrong, she even helped that dumbass step-sister, still she is suffering.
    And that step-sister?
    She has no real right to that dukedom. Still she got everything, more than the MC. The MC was treated like shit by her family, still she never did anything. it never concerned her since it wasn't related to her "happiness". She never felt guilty even when her father scold the MC because of her lol! This annoying creature took MC's things, saw everyday how the MC was treated by everyone, still she was happy with everything. She is soo selfish that I am utterly speechless.
    Even when the ML showed her place, she did realise what the MC was facing but Lol! Even this time, herself was her first priority She was more concerned about "Oh~ I am so hurt~ I feel so bad~ poor me~" and then barged into MC's room lol!
    Anyway, I will stop here. Won't write anything about this disgusting character anymore. Already wasted my time by reading such huge essays defending this dumb fool ( was really curious cause I was surprised that some people can really like characters like that. So, kept reading their essays cause I want to understand their opinion. But Sorry lol I really can't relate )
    And well,
    The MC suffered enough for her crimes.
    But how about that dumbass step-sister? She isn't a villain so she doesn’t deserve severe punishment. But she should be punished for her dumbness/selfishness which has hurt the MC. Also, she doesn’t deserve to be a part of that duchy. Her father became Duke cause of MC's mother and her mother is a commoner. She has no real right to that duchy ( This dumb fool isn't capable of managing a dukedom either). She, along with her filthy parents, should be kicked out. If she wants to live in Luxury, then let her earn it herself or her parents Lol
    Living happily in a high position (Duke's daughter) which doesn’t belong to her, and taking everything for granted like whole world revolves around her! Lol! What a shameless creature. And her being dumb can't justify these shameless and selfish behaviour

19. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah they should be kicked out of the duchy since they don't really have the right to stay.

Vio should do what Rihannan did to her father and to his illegitimate daughter from " I don't want to be loved".

Rihannan kicked them out.
    And Mj, I know that girl is aware of what she's doin, she acts like what she wants because NO ONE WILL EVER SCOLD HER AND NO ONE WILL BE AGAINST HER.

Is she that dumb and ignorant not to notice Vio's suffering? Bruh. They're living in the same house? Is she really not aware? At all? And they have the audacity to act like they practically owned everything in the duchy?

Even if Vio is the heir? Like seriously?

And also even tho their father is the duke, the grandpa is still the most powerful in the duchy. Even tho he doesn't care about vio, if vio only move on her own and kicked them out, they will be kicked out. Tsk.

Vio doesn't even know what she had. I mean she is the legitimate daughter and
    She has the right to the duchy.

Yeah what she did in the past is wrong.

But now, she's doin everything not to messed up again. She changed and she only wants to live a peaceful life. And that shitty father wouldnt stop to mistreat her. Yeah u hate the mother but u should not take it out to your daughter.

Just leave the fucking duchy duke since you are just there because of Vio. Ugh. Mj's mother and her should know their place.

Vio is acting like she's the illegitimate one. Honestly, it looks like she's the illegitimate one and out of place.

Anyways what's up Mj's mother? I'm sure she's not that dumb not to be aware how her husband treats Vio? If she's really kind she should stop her husband. (?)

Or maybe she's like MJ? Dumb and naive?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    krale_, Khadz, Laa Baa and 4 others like this.