Spoiler Since I Became a Commoner, My Engagement was Annulled!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by GolgoGolgo, Jan 26, 2021.

1. GolgoGolgo

GolgoGolgo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Description:
    Two babies of different statuses were swapped by fairies. Raised as a noble, the-13-year old Anna became an adult. She who doesn't resemble her family at all, worried every day because she couldn't use her magic that well. One day, a fairy appears right in front of her...

Other name:
    • Kizoku Kara Shomin ni Nattanode, Konyaku o Kaishou Saremashita!

I want some spoilers since I decided to kill both her original family and the noble one.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. GolgoGolgo

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Redvelvetlove

Redvelvetlove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Xxr

Xxr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she get kicked out???:blob_plusone:

Jukki likes this.
  6. GolgoGolgo

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, after they found the real daughter.

Elisee, beazacha, layyu and 9 others like this.
  7. GolgoGolgo

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I know, the nobles and their servants never liked her since she didn't look like the family people, she wanted to live with the family that raised her (a stupid selfish thought since they never loved her or wanted her).
    When the real daughter was found, they kicked MC without a second thought and her real family didn't like her since they loved the beautiful noble girl. That's why I said that I want to kill them all.

Elisee, Caloli, Creolenerd and 24 others like this.
  8. GolgoGolgo

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, from a mangadex spoiler, she will marry her ex-fiance who seemed to be against breaking their engagement and wanted to find her when he learned the truth but his father was against the idea. He bullied her since she didn't look like the noble family.
    I guess that he is a descent guy since he was always straight forward about his feelings and thoughts.

FunSmiles, Elisee, weirdgirl and 17 others like this.
  9. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 The story looks interesting! Did anyone get more spoilers? I'm pretty interested in the character of the original noble daughter.

Jukki likes this.
  10. Jukki

Jukki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been following the manga and trying to read the novel... Between my very limited Japanese knowledge and google translate, what I could understand is:

* Anna was originally the eldest child of a commoner family but some fairies for reasons unknown (at the very least I didn't catch the exact intent of it besides typical "fairies like to prank humans lol") changed her with Annette, the daughter of an aristocratic family, when they both were born... And I think there's mention of a time limit for the change or something like that I'm not sure...
    * I don't know if the aristocratic parents knew that there was a changeling scenario and because of that they treated Anna very coldly, or if they suspected it because she didn't look like either of them, and they decided to "raise" her because there wasn't anything else they could do... but in the household the only person to treat Anna lovingly as she grew up was her older brother. The parents were emotional abusive at the very least in their treatment towards her.
    * Just as any noble lady she gets engaged with a noble boy of suitable pedigree, he is a bit tsundere, it's obvious that he likes her but doesn't know how to express it correctly, Anna thinks that he doesn't like her very much, but their relationship improves later on.
    * When she is a bit older she meets a fairy who tells her the truth, why she doesn't look like her family or why she doesn't have the same type of magic as they do. I'm not sure if the fairy is one of the fairies involved in the "lets change these babies prank" or not, but he befriends her and stays with her, as it seems Anna is one of the few people "who can see".
    * Since knowing the truth, and that someday Annette is destined to come back to her birth family, she stars learning how to cook, I think with the excuse that she wants to make some sweets for her Fiance. Fiance-kun reacts really good at this, and they start to spend more time together, her older brother also joins them, the fiance is sometimes jealous of how close the siblings are, like Anna's favourite person in the world is her older brother and the fiance is quite cutely very jelly about that.
    * Anna's older brother really loved her and supported her always, but especially when their parents were hostile towards her, and one of the reasons, if not the only one, she wanted to stay was because she truly treasured her relationship with him...
    * But once Annette comes back, and he finds out that Anna is not his "real sister" and also because it appears that Anna knew about it and conciled the truth from him, he is extremely angered and renunces her as his sister, saying that only Annette is his real sister... (This part was so so soooo sad... I understood his sadness and feelings of betrayal but still... you grew up with her, you knew her all of her life... Like, she is your sister... how could you!?!?)
    * So after Annette comes back to her original, they kick Anna out, they give her a bit of money and they coldly send her to her biological family... Who are rather poor, they have several kids and the husband is absent, when Anna meets them she can feel their blood connection, as she looks a lot like their mother and siblings, but she also feels as a stranger, there is a sense of disconnect for her, as she was obviously raised as a noble, her mother tells her to take care of how she looks and dress because it's dangerous to look like a wealthy young lady, I don't remember is she tells her that she could be attacked or/and robbed.
    * Anna tries to take things as best as she can, all these changes and everything, but is obvious that she is trying hard because she is overwhelmed by the situation with her "new" family... And she can see how they all saw Annette as their real family and they miss her and expect her to come back (at least the younger siblings)... Also the little fairy is still by her side as her only friend and moral support at this point.
    * When we go to Annette's side we see that she misses her family, she is worried about them, she was a very devoted daughter and older sister... She can't believe all of this and is having trouble adapting too. When the older brother comes to check on her and brings her some hot chocoalte (I think), she stars to bombard him with questions about how her family is doing, if they are all right etc etc, but then he raises his voice saying that "THEY(the aristocrats) are her REAL family" and that "she SHOULDN'T CARE about them (commoners)"... She then tells him that they were the family that raised her, that she obviously cares about them, and questions him if he is not worried about Anna, how is she faring, that doesnt he care about her too? but he rebufes her... Later we have some flashbacks about Annette's life growing up, the hardships the family endured, and I don't know if maybe the reason the father kinda left was maybe because he thought, seeing Annette, that his wife cheated?¿?

And that's all folks! I haven't read more of the novel but the manga has just come up to this point, also sorry if there are mistakes in my grammar, english is not my first language and I'm kinda writing this when I shouldn't (I'm at work) so I'm doing it as fast as I can....

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  11. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

I also looked at the novel through google translate and there's a few details I'd like to add:
    • So before that scene with Annette and her Brother, there's a chapter where she visits Anna's store, and warns her that her association with Edmond could harm her family and makes Anna's younger brother cry by acting like he's a stranger. It looks like she's become a b*tch but it's actually a Cruel to Be Kind Act; she actually apologizes for this later and said she thought she was protecting her commoner family but realized she was just being selfish by trying to cut them off. Anna actually assures her that she did have a point back then and her family would've possibly gotten in trouble if she didn't point it out.
    • Also, despite what it looks like, Annette does NOT have a crush on Edmond (the redhead ML). In fact, it's actually revealed later that she's in love with a Viscount named Lloyd. While she and Edmond do get engaged it's actually part of their plan, you see once Annette graduated from the academy she broke up with Edmond and got reengaged to Lloyd. Since nobles who have had their engagements broken have trouble finding new partners, this actually allows Edmond to pursue Anna with less consequences.
    • Her most recent interaction with Anna was apologizing to her for the scene in the shop I mentioned above and begging her to take care of her family.
    Ultimately, Annette was a nice if at some parts misguided girl. Also if the google translate is correct it's stated that Annette was actually more disturbed than Anna when she saw how quickly her old noble family dropped her.

12. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, one more thing I'd like to add! About Anna/Annette's brother Henry:
    • Surprisingly, barely shows up in the story
    • I ended up reading all of the chapters and I think he's only mentioned like, four times max and shows up in like three chapters, one of which was the Annette one.
    • He helps Annette and Edmond with their plan and is the one that helps Edmond get married to Anna. He even shows up at the wedding.
    • The way the story handles him is really weird, rushed even.
    • He's brought up once in a conversation Anna has with her friends/family and it's about how he hasn't even tried contacting her. One person says to Anna that he must still care for her, but Anna doubts it (which is fair).
    • He and Anna parted on really bad terms so I'm surprised their reunion was as happy as it was.
    • Like, I cannot emphasize how weirdly rushed his reintroduction felt. He's pretty much AWOL for the entirety of the story after his harsh parting with Anna and Edmond suddenly brings him up as one of his supporters at the very tail end, and I mean four chapters before the story's end. It looked like he also had a ton of issues if Annette's POV was to be believed, but that's also implicitly solved offscreen. It kinda feels like the author forgot about him only to remember at the very end. It's why I'm genuinely surprised he's featured on the manga cover, heck, more prominently than Edmond who is Anna's love interest. Who knows, the manga might expand upon him.

13. Jukki

Jukki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was reading the web novel after getting a bit tired of the google translation at some point I started to randomly jump to the later chapters so I had read some of the things you spoiled, but as I lacked the full context I wasn't sure if/or how the relationship between Herny and Anna had been properly fixed... And well now with what you have said I find it really dissapointing, the way it was just rushed, when he was one of Anna's emotional pilars and how it was destroyed and my view on him soured but I also could see why he felt and acted like that and I hoped that he would realize that Anna was still his sister and that he loved her and he would try to mend their bond... Not an unseen character developement and then *puff* "I love her again teeheehee"... Maybe the light novel version expands his character more than the web novel, and as most mangas adapt the light novel version rather than the web one, it's possible that his character will be more developed and used more satisfyingly hence his prominence on the manga cover... At the very least I hope that they make him more consistent? That he and Anna face each other in a better way after the revelation etc... I sure hope...

Grace34, beazacha, LokaLari and 8 others like this.
  14. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I think the manga might have already started expanding in some things? I'm not sure since I can't understand it but it looks like a few chapter focus on Annette's POV. I actually find this interesting because Annette herself could also function perfectly well as a protagonist.

15. GolgoGolgo

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all this spoilers.
    The art is good but the story is kind of boring with fast development.

16. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw both families. I'm glad Annette isnt a horrible person though and doesnt make anna's life any harder.

How exactly does ML get to marry Anna if shes a commoner? Does Anna have powerful magic? Is her having magic what allows her to get married to him, since im assuming only nobles can use magic from the manga.

17. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    Angela was pretty instrumental to helping the ML and Anna get together. You see she agreed to be engaged to the ML after his engagment with Anna got annulled. Basically, their plan was to stay engaged through their academy years and then once she graduated she'd break it off with the ML and marry the man she truly loves, a viscount named Lloyd. This would hurt his reputation and lower his standing while still keeping him in the green with his parents (since he himself wasn't directly doing anything to lower his status), and lower his status enough that he could marry Anna unimpeded.

In defense of the commoner family, I do think they were written realistically here. I mean, imagine raising and loving a member of your family your whole life only for them to leave and be replaced by someone else. They also do warm up to the MC after a few chapters too.

The story is pretty light and fluffy, more so than I expected considering how it started off. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for angst and drama- which is somewhat present though not to an overt degree.

I hope in the manga they expand on Annette's time in nobility. I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch since she's complex enough to be a protag in her own right, and I'd really like to see the development Henry made offscreen too.

18. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you sm for the spoilers :aww::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

19. man

man Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i ask what happen the the fairies at the end ? Those guys seem to be the main antagonist

20. Hashtag_16

Hashtag_16 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has such a cute ending. Though I would like continuation after marriage

hjnffnjh likes this.