Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Aeolian

Aeolian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, everyone, hope you are all doing well. AoB was the final push for me creating an account since there are sooo many pages and I have become somewhat thirsty (in the most platonic sense) for some FerdiMyne interactions throughout the Web Novel.

Would it be too much for any of you if I had asked to 'condense' their interactions throughout the novel in a few consecutive posts without leaving out a too many details for milestone events?

Arakajime arigatou zonjimasu.

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Impossible

RiannNeko and Aeolian like this.
  3. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I remember just correct the spellings if its wrong (my habbit). i haven't reread the main story for some months. This is what i understand:

Avermien whatever you spell it used to be the God of marriage (?) who ship or the reason why Goddess of Earth and God of Life/Death (season story lore) got married. The union between God of Life and Goddess of Earth have many offsprings (creation myth - humans animals plants etc) but for an unknown reason God of Life don't want Goddess of Earth to produce a child with God lineage (refer to seasonal story myth). The Gods view that as Evilebe's selfishness so they try to rescue the pregnant Geduldhi. Aside from the mom and siblings of Geduldhi Lots of Gods become involve with this (concealment, guidance, nurturing, etc). After Geduldhi safely giving birth to Mestinora, Avermien choose to relinquish his authority to Ribiskuhife as atonement for marrying them. Now for some reasons the early mana users were hated by God of Life (Eveliebe/avelibe) so Aevermien choose to protect them thus creating the country for them JurgenSchmidt(?). They prayed to the Gods which results to the schtappe/starp (which allow the excessive mana users to control their mana). Then Mestinora bestowed to the first king (zent) the earliest copy of Glutrisheit.

Jukki, Aeolian and lady-kyo like this.
  4. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    impossible to list everything, there are more than 600 chapters of interaction between the two. But I can tell you about my favorite scene.
    It is after the goddess Mestionora descends on Rosemyne, she together with Ferdinand and the lord of Ehrenfest are having a meeting with the royal family, and the Lord of Dukerflert and his first wife to decide who Zet (king) would be. By the criteria of Avermein and the gods, no one from the current royal family can be the king, but to avoid further turmoil Ferdinand wanted someone from the royal family to be king and from the next generation the kings should be chosen from the old ways (they should get to know of Mestionora for his own efforts), Ferdinand created a magic bracelet that has a copy of Mestionora's book for the current king to wear (the king they would choose at this meeting). The bracelet was unique and could not be worn by anyone else, forcing the king to adopt the ancient way of choosing zet.
    At the beginning of the meeting, Rosemyne resolves to return the royal license she received (we found out that this license was a dating gift, with the necklace and the magic stone full of the applicant's magical power, in this case, with the magical power the eldest son of the current king (trakovar), as he would become engaged to Rosemyne, he prepared this to check their magic compatibility), but the chain had already turned to golden dust (this happens when the maximum saturation of magic power) remaining only the magic stone .
    When trying to return the stone and gold bread from the chain to the first prince, as soon as it touches the stone, the stone also turns into golden bread (indicating their difference in magical power). Ferdinand holds a stir of Rosemyne's hair and shows that her hair clip made of magic stones is intact (no one knew that he had made this ornament, but he indirectly showed the prince how inadequate he was in magic compatibility) .
    the funny thing is that she doesn't notice what he is doing, showing others how he is the only one compatible with her power.

5. Aeolian

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I was too greedy. Then would it be possible to recount a few events- like the whole name giving and returning and Shield thing where the innuendo was sooo lost on Myne?

And maybe their engagement ceremony?

True, 600+ chapters of interactions is too much to summarise. From what I have browsed, I'd def love to know about their engagement ceremony and who brought up that idea (was it one specific scene where the idea was brought up and then accepted or did the consenting take a while?) And whatever scandalous thing happened, what the ceremony entails, etc.

Huuuuge diss towards the royal family- thank you so much for sharing! Did the royal family know afterward that the headdress was made by him? That would shut them up properly.

How exactly are these things handled in AoB's world? Who first figured out | noticed that Myne's mana was dyed? Can you maybe describe some instances? Did Ferdi know about the permanent dye?

But again, taihen arigatou zonjimasu.

6. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    About her having the same color as Ferdinand, he did not know, he only finds out later, when the gods appear and the reader discovers that the gods see people by their magic and that they cannot differentiate Rosemyne from Ferdinand.
    When Mestionora enters Rosemyne's body, the goddess re-paints her, but her body cannot deal with the divine magical power, so she runs the risk of dying. The plan to save her, is to make her spend as much divine magic as possible and Ferdinand paint her with his color, which creates very funny scenes, because a woman can only be painted with the color of her husband and they are not still married, and everyone thinks he's anticipating the wedding. They don't say that she was basically always his color, as it would destroy her reputation.

Yuukiyuki, saix2, Jukki and 1 other person like this.
  7. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, the royal family never knew that the hair clip was made by Ferdinand, and after they got engaged he made another one for her (as Rosemyne said the first one had been a gift from the whole family of the Lord).
    About the engagement ceremony, they end up getting engaged without Rosemyne realizing, after she finds out she accepts their engagement, and being a minor and having to rule a large territory like Alexandria, she anticipates the engagement with Ferdinand so he can serve as leader of the territory while she goes to the last year of the aristocratic school. Usually the engagement of the candidates for Lord is defined in the spring, when the Lord of the territory has the meeting with the king, however someone would need to stay in Alexandria to govern during the winter, so they anticipate the engagement.
    The engagement scene is very cute, when the magic stones are exchanged, the phrase Rosemyne wrote made Ferdinand so happy that for a few seconds he broke his noble face to give an honest smile of joy (she wrote '' allow me to embroider his cape '', the cape of a nobleman can only be embroidered by the person himself, the spouse or the parents, and the cape of Ferdinand, which he had received from his father, was destroyed by Vernica).

Tjanie, Callumcortes, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  8. Hiyami

Hiyami Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just read the entire thread and yet I still want to read and buy the translations (including the Japanese LN and the TEA CUPS!!! when I save up). Usually with other LN after I've read the spoiler thread I just drop them.. This is not just me right?

Would you mind expanding on the engagement scene? IIRC, I read on the thread that Rozamyne cried during the ceremony as well and there was almost(?) a scene caused by some of her family members? And if it's not too much of a bother, could you also expand on what happened after the ceremony and the reactions of her commoner family? Would love to see their interactions with Ferdinand and his with them.

Thank you for the explanation~♡

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    lady-kyo and Aeolian like this.
  9. Aeolian

Reading List:
    Link
    Who noticed first? And in which Part? And how can you notice the magic colour - is it explained? Do they walk around or get inspected?

I guess teasing from Sylvester and Karstaedt?

That's what I like to call serendipity, cuz all I knew from the engagement ceremony was Ferdi covering Rozemyne with his cape and that scandalous thing, and I was actually wanting to get a bit more of that, but ended up getting stoic Ferdi crying (the FLUFF is KILLING me!) Thank you! But could you (or anyone, in that matter) expand the procedure? (Like, what magic stones - the ones when they get baptized, or different ones? And is the message to be carved before? Are the stones something like wedding rings?

Thank you @lady-kyo!

10. oic

oic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Aub Alexandria

11. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    This is very tricky question. I am pretty sure its one of her dedication team. Rhoderich was the first to dedicate (affected by Rozemyne's mana) but he was clueless. All fingers points to Muriella for me. She is the only one who fangirl whenever Ferdinand and Rozemyne reunite 5-3. I think Muriella is aware and put two and two together. For other people they think she is delusional but her fangirling has basis and she is technically affected by their mana. For Hartmunt after he dedicate his name, I think he become aware when they are comparing the inks and creating the 300 pages of paper with Clarisa.

Jukki, lady-kyo and Aeolian like this.
  12. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not the only one, I really want to be able to LN, especially the chapters that have the point of view of other characters, this allows me to understand more about how the world of Honzuki works.
    About the engagement ceremony, Hartmut acts as the priest who makes this union official. Rosemyne's grandfather does not approve of his granddaughter's marriage to Ferdinand, and tries to attack him, but Kartest and Cornelios hold him back.
    The ceremony was held in Alexandria and Ehrenfest's aub family was invited, with Sylvester and his wife, Bonifacius, Kartest and Elvira (Willfred was in charge of Ehrenfest, and I don't remember if Charlot was).
    The engagement ceremony is for the bride and groom to exchange a magic stone (the equivalent of the engagement ring), this stone must have written words (as we normally write on a wedding ring), something romantic or words that remind you of your fiance / bride . As I said in the post above about Rosemyne's words, I will talk about what Ferdinand wrote in the stone he gave her. '' protect you in alexandria '' when she looks at this, she immediately starts to cry, because as a child she once said that she wanted a husband to protect her, who would always be on her side. She cries with joy just to know that he remembers this and that with this stone he is promising to stay by her side forever and protecting the library city that they are creating together.
    In the last chapter of the web novel Rosemyne will visit her biological family with Ferdinand, who will introduce him as her fiancé. As the chapter is from Luts' point of view, I don't know their exact reaction, but Turi and Eva are happy with their engagement, gunter is sad / angry, because both daughters are getting married and he is the type of father who doesn't he wants his daughters to marry. In the end, he accepts her marriage, and drinks with Ferdinand (custom of the commoners). Eva says she was right to make Ferdinand responsible for Myne's care. The funniest thing is the fact that for her family, it is obvious that she is in love with Ferdinand, despite insisting on saying that she is not.

13. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    On the day of the baptism, when the child places his magical power on the medal, the medal will shine with the colors of the child's magical power. It is important to know the color of your magic power, as each color is associated with a god, and it is easier to perform spells and blessings from that god (for example the cleaning magic is a magic of the goddess of spring, who has the green color, can cast this spell more easily). It is also important, because when making a magic engagement stone you should only use the magic of the bride / groom (for example, you are a nobleman who has magic of light, water and earth and your bride has magic of water, earth and life, the magic stone that you are going to make for it must contain only water and earth, as different types of magic can come into conflict.
    The number of attributes varies according to their classification as aristocrats, lower nobles only have one color, intermediate nobles have two or three, senior nobles have four to five, the lord's family has five to seven.
    After baptism, no one checks the color of the magic anymore.
    The colors are:
    green - water - spring
    blue - fire - summer
    yellow - wind - autumn
    red - earth
    white - life - winter
    black - darkness
    golden - light
    Sylvester, of course.
    the engagement stone is different from the stone received at baptism, first the stone of baptism is a small stone, with the color of the season that the person was born, and has little magical capacity, serving only to release blessings when greeting people. The engagement stone is a stone that the suitor has to acquire with his own effort (usually hunting a monster), the stone must be compatible with the magic you will add to it (I gave an example in the post above) and you must finally add the words (they can be the traditional ones, like 'You are my god of darkness' or 'You are my goddess of light' or something more romantic or something important for the person who will receive the stone. They are basically intended to an engagement ring, serving to indicate that the person is already engaged.
    The message is not carved into the stone, it is added by magic. Usually only the fiance / bride knows what is written, it is not easily visible.

Jukki likes this.
  14. Aeolian

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, woopsie, there goes her 'integrity'. rofl silently, shoulders shaking If Ferdi was the one who oversaw Mayn's ceremony, then he'd also know/ see, and I can explain Sylvester (since half-brother so he'd know about Ferdi's colour), but did everyone else in the ceremony realize that? Others theoretically wouldn't know since they don't know Ferdi's colour.

But I can see how rumours spread and it gets huge.

So she starts crying after he goes all fluff fluff (sentence about the cape thingy) and then? (I'm highkey sorry for being so curious, I just want to savour their engagement ceremony, forgive me...)

So rainbow-coloured Ferdi is probably, like, he's good at calling all gods and goddesses (not just one or two), I guess. (No wonder he was a legend material)

Please excuse me while I go and swoon more-

lazynoodles and RiannNeko like this.
  15. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    At her baptism ceremony, Ferdinand is the only one who sees her medal. And I think you are misunderstanding, there are several people with 7 colors, it is not something exclusive to Ferdinand, so even though Rosemyne has the 7 colors, no one knew that this was due to Ferdinand's influence. Take for example the lower nobles, they only have one color, does it mean that two people with the yellow color (wind) would be the same? of course not, because the quality and quantity of the magic would be different. They only discover when the gods, who see people by the magic they have, cannot differentiate Ferdinand from Rosemyne, indicating that they have exactly the same magic (which by noble customs is impossible, because even the children do not have the same magic) parents).
    about the ceremony, I will tell the general order of events. After getting dressed, Rosemyne, as aub, welcomes the arrival of her family, where her grandfather questions why she is marrying Ferdinand, if she would be in love with him. She replies that she is not in love with him, but is happy with the engagement because Ferdinand is the only one who fulfills her dreams. She takes the family to where the ceremony will be held and waits for Ferdinand to arrive, when he arrives, they exchange words to indicate that they are engaged (like a speech about how happy they are to get married, only in noble language) , Ferdinand's speech is so beautiful that many noble women cry (but Rosemyne doesn't quite understand what he said, he uses the noble euphemism), they exchange the magic stones, first she gives her stone, he is very happy, then he gives his stone and she cries with joy. For she is crying he partially covers her with his cloak to wipe her tears (however it looks very romantic, because in the mitl of the supreme god, the god of darkness covers the goddess of light with his cloak). The nobles are shocked by a demonstration of love so evident and Hartmut interrupts the moment to end the ceremony, but when Ferdinand covered Rosemyne with his cloak, Bonifacios tried to attack him, but was held by his son and grandson (in the end he didn't disturbs nothing and almost nobody notices).

16. Aeolian

Reading List:
    Link
    And he wouldn't suspect anything because he knows he fed that medicine to her. (He may or may not know that the dye became permanent) but then who found out about it first?

Basically, the whole 'Mayn's perma-dyed in Ferdi's colour' is found out in the fifth part, and I'm guessing the conversation between Mayn and the Gods is not as secluded as I might have first imagined...? (Usually gods talking to a mortal/re-incarnator happens in a different dimension, except Mayn recounts the whole room or so about what they told her in detail, including the 'mistaking-her-for-Ferdi' part and gobsmacked Ferdi finds out then and there with the rest of the gang) That might mean a bunch of people found out about it at the same time.

Ah, that reminds me of Ferdinand getting possessive over Mayn in front of the royal family, the one scene you described the very first - Ferdi being so obvious but Mayn having exactly zero idea about it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA letmme just cry via text cuz its unholy 2 in the morning and everyone's asleep...

On the other hand, the nobles don't seem to witness love that much (like I know it's in the bible and everything, but it's just a cape; FerdiMayn don't even kiss or anything - I'm thinking they might have shared a hug afterwards at most?)

I probably would've killed that dude if he did successfully interrupt their ceremony - FerdiMayn deserve everything, goddamn it. I love all those 'unrequited love' moments of stoic Ferdi.

Taihen arigatou zonjimasu!!!! (goes into knees with tears streaming down my face)

saix2 likes this.
  17. Hiyami

Hiyami Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahahahahaha!!! So basically Bonifacious is another Gunther going "No one is going to marry my cute and adorable little granddaughter! Especially one that she doesn't love!!!!" and/or "How dare you make her cry when you aren't even properly married! I'm going to tear you limb from limb!!"/"What the hell are you doing reenacting as the god of darkness covering the goddess of light for everyone?! Get over here so I can beat some sense into you!!!" It does seem Rozemyne has Bonifacious wrapped around her little finger. He's lucky he didn't interrupt the ceremony though.... Elvira would have his head if he did (thank God for Karstedt and Cornelius). No one is getting in the way her of having Ferdinand as a son-in-law (She's going to be the envy of all Ehrenfest and she's going to be bragging that she saw how besotted Ferdinand was for Rozemyne what with the smile he gave her and the reenactment of the god of darkness and the goddess of light. I think there'll be new books coming out with that scene in the future...).

Would anyone be so kind as to tell us more about the interactions between Rozemyne and Bonifacious? I'm sure that their interactions are hilarious. Big burly meat head of a man who has naught but grandsons and his adorable tiny and sickly little granddaughter who he knows not how to handle. Also, are there any scene with Eckhart and Justus during the ceremony? They've been there from the start of it all so they would know how truly head over heels in love Ferdinand truly is for Rozemyne and vice versa.

I really do hope someone translated what Ferdinand said to her during the ceremony later on... I swear, outside of books and other stuff that makes her life easier/able to read without guilt, she's as dense as Bakarina.

Wait... IIRC, in one of the post in this thread Ferdinand said something along the lines of "I have failed" when she cried and refused to explain it to Rozemyne... could it be because he hadn't intended to show how truly besotted he is with her to everyone and that just flew out the window the moment Rozemyne cried? Or that he failed because she cried?? (Either that or the hiding of her crying face from anyone else is a holdover from when they were both at the temple.) Dang it, really need his PoV for this.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any further explanation/character interaction scenes~ You have no idea how thankful I am for this thread.

lazynoodles, RiannNeko, saix2 and 2 others like this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the 7colors of Rozemain's mana colours arent the result of Ferdinand's influence. Both of them have 7 element of mana, which indicated by the 7 colors.
    From the very first, Ferdinand and Rozemain have 7 elements in their mana, and it makes both of them qualify as candidate for the King.
    The dying and the basic mana color are different imo. If they're the same, then what about Engrantine? She's a 7 element mana too, but Evermain doesnt misunderstand her as Ferdinand too. Maybe 'die in someone's mana color' isnot that simple. *shrug*

RiannNeko and Yuukiyuki like this.
  19. Fantasy-Magician

Fantasy-Magician Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, because as Ferdinand mentioned VERY early on... devouring commoner with sizeable amount of mana that survive as long as Myne does is rare nothing much is known about them. Ferdinand's part of Mestionora's book (basically his google in book form) doesn't have the explanation either.
    He actually dyed her earlier than memory reading, it's during the trombe incident. Remember he is closing her wound by force by applying mana directly (so it won't get sucked up by trombe) that moment his mana get in- they were incompatible back then hence... why it hurts her-
    Another instance happen when she touch Hannelore's wand of Fairfumere (sea goddess) and they zapped each other too- but she is not dyed because Ferdinand's color is moooore- dominant?
    Ferdinand and Rozemyne notice almost at the same time when their book get split between them instead of each receiving a complete book- Ferdinand when he is rejected from entering the sanctuary as his copy (Rozemyne) was already inside and Roz is told by Avermeinn.

Although... Ferdinand know quite early that their color is similar because his tuning potion is tasty to her, confused but just think it's because the recent incident and just coincidence-

20. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    in fact Rosemyne has the same color as Ferdinand, that's a fact, it's written in the web novel. what happens is that when he goes to read her memory, he sends her to drink a potion, this potion serves to dilute the person's color and to let other people's magic enter inside her body (different colored magic repel each other, Ferdinand needed his magic to enter Myne without any problems), but as she is someone with Consumption (the mark of the god of life) she has a very weak wind color magic that can easily be painted by the color of others, and besides of that she had magic stones inside her body and Ferdinand accidentally colors the stones inside her body with his color, making her now have the 7 colors and have the same magic signature as him.
    in this one, Ferdinand uses magic repulsion to heal myne. At that time she still didn't have the same magic as him.
    The pain she feels is just because their magic are different. About the potion, in this forum they already theorized that the potion had Ferdinand's magic, so that it would make it easier for his (and only his) magic to enter her body, because of the repulsion the potion would have a bitter taste (since it would have a magic different from that produced by the person), but as its color is weak it would not taste bitter.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Yuukiyuki, Jukki and Aeolian like this.