Spoiler I Became The Younger Sister of A Regretful Obsessive Male Lead/ 후회 광공의 여동생이 되었다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seabreezemojito, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Clarisamae

Clarisamae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this from a light novel? I wanna read it.

2. buttercupsy

buttercupsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest I think he was very lonely and had been abused by his parents so the first person who shows affection for him... he gets possessive and some kind of twisted love is ignited?

3. Chaerfry_Catblue

Chaerfry_Catblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Especially if that person gives them affection, in this case he became obsessed with her because MC gave her a little affection

4. drooling over the MLs

drooling over the MLs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are totally correct, bcs mostly the logic of ml obsessing over a character is bcs they never receive the family affection.

5. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like the trend that i am seeing. Surviving as a maid:evil gay king. Now this:straighting a gay duke. Oh and the other one that i dont remember but cheating gay cousin. These basically makes gay people as bad people. Are the authors being homophobic or something?

6. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a troubling trend

7. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...was the ML gay from the very beginning or when he met the OgML? In the manhwa, it says that the ML is set to become a BL webtoon’s obsessive male lead meaning as per the author’s/story’s will. For these love deprived ML, they usually become obsessed with the one who shows them affection. In the OG, there is no FL who transmigrates and cares for the ML, instead it was the OgML so ofc ML falls for OgML.
    But now now, the OG story goes off track bc the FL transmigrates and becomes the first one to care for ML so he falls for/becomes obsessed with her. The story has changed bc of the FL and her interference so now the OgML wasn’t the first one to care for ML so he doesn’t fall for OgML. When they meet, he probably won’t care much for OgML since ML is already obsessed with FL. :hmm:

8. silvermallow

silvermallow New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    15+? does this mean there's smut? or there's gore?

buttercupsy likes this.
  9. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, I replied earlier but I was thinking of a different novel:blobsweat: probably smut but nothing too explicit since it’s not r19 idk about gore

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    LokaLari and Dobokan like this.
  10. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the long-awaited trend though and no, I don't think it has anything to do with the author being a homophobic or something.

In BL, there are many stories with the MC gaying a straight ML but in non-BL, the counterpart (MC straightening a gay ML) is not as many. Although the labels are actually misleading because in most instances including this one, it's more of a case that gender doesn't matter.

In stories where the MC is Isekaid as a villainess, turning the originally evil or indifferent ML to a possessive but loving ML is one of the most common plots.

Evil king, cheating cousin and all are also very common in this kind of stories (Isekai / Reincarnation).

So, I really don't see the issue unless you're saying that gay people can't be evil or bad.

11. Chaerfry_Catblue

Reading List:
    Link
    In Korea, they are homophobic, that theme in Korea is delicate, for them someone gay deserves to be despised etc etc etc etc, lately manhwas have come out where it is confirms, they like obsessive characters but they change their mind when they have to live it in the reality

12. DarkBlueOcean

DarkBlueOcean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, authors are breaking the "gay best friend" trope. I welcome this trend because of two irritating scenarios:
    1. ML is okay with the FL having a guy best friend as long as that person is gay.
    Eg: The ML is extremely insecure about the FL's commitment towards their relationship until BAM!, the guy best friend is actually gay(laugh because this is supposed to be a funny scene).
    2. If the guy best friend is not gay, he will be the secondary ML who has a one-sided love for the FL till the end.

Good or bad, gay characters deserve to have independent character development. Their existence doesn't have to fuel the purpose of making a insecure ML seem less of the trash he is.

13. DarkBlueOcean

DarkBlueOcean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to be rude but I think you're reading the wrong genre. The genre for gay love are BL and GL. Declaring Koreans as homophobic just from reading fiction work is immature. Obsessive characters(Yandere) are imaginary people who only exist in paper or computer/smartphone screen, everyone is aware of that. So what's wrong with hating it in real life?

I think we are twisting the purpose of this thread. Many topics that some of you have doubts will only be answered by reading the novel.
    So, what we should do is boost this thread, hoping that some group or independent translator will pick it up!

Also, since this novel involves the topic 'homosexuality', it's clear that there will be some controversies. But I believe it is possible to understand that, this is not the focus here. Rachel wants to save Leon (ML) from his destiny, so it is obvious that we will see first the development between the two of them, the family relationship of Duke and Leon. Then, the Original ML will be introduced. With the entire background of the original webtoon.

What we should pay attention to is how Leon and Rachel's new situation will be addressed, and how she will deal with being the object of his affection. Other than that, it will be possible to notice if the original author has any kind of idealism or prejudice.

Discussions like these off topic in the thread, end up discouraging translators who come looking for interesting novels and see comments like these. Thus, they are discouraged by already expecting negative feedback. We, readers, often just enjoy the fruit of hard work. So, we must be aware of what we say and do.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2021
    Leilacus, clraei, Evrasuy and 60 others like this.
  14. Chaerfry_Catblue

Reading List:
    Link
    Nor do I want to sound rude, but I do not mean gender, I mean society itself, you should learn more about that topic, in Korea homosexuality is still a delicate and taboo subject, homosexuality idols are rejected by them, the subject it is delicate, there may be manhwas with a BL gender but that will not change the thinking they have about homosexuality, there are xenophobic authors (the daughter of the archmage) that makes us think that some are not homophobic? I've seen comments from Koreans complaining about obsessive, toxic, etc.

15. Chaerfry_Catblue

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess there is no spoiler for the novel? I read that it is new therefore we will have to wait for someone with a good heart to upload a spoiler here, but I see many complain about him because ml being "gay" he became straight, I suppose some wanted the boy x boy but this manhwa since the name we already know that Leon will end with MC, I hope someone upload spoiler soon

16. buttercupsy

buttercupsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly dropped surviving as a maid mainly bc of this and bc I wanted to throw my phone at the wall every update

HumanTrash and Ariary like this.
  17. QingSe

QingSe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like making the FL a fujoshi is strategic in casting her character as open-minded and someone who enjoys and is interested in both romance and being a woman separately, but not experiencing romance as a woman, assuming her society is that of or similar to modern Korea's misogynistic social structure. If the OG!ML was replaced by a woman I can't imagine much would change apart from scratching out the "forward-thinking" label on FL's personality (so far). Again, this is all just speculation from first impressions. The ML does seem possibly bi/pan or demi but that will remain unspecified until the author themself confirms it.
    Does anyone know if and what the author said about this?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  18. Sleepy_Panda

Sleepy_Panda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to be rude or anything but could you please don't share the link? I know some readers are having difficulties finding the translations or not aware of it being translated but the hunt is getting worse. I am sorry for being rude.

Edit: I removed the quote to not share the link as well.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  19. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Mystical is a public server, it's fine, I think

cometothedarkside97 likes this.
  20. Sleepy_Panda

Sleepy_Panda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a bit worried because of the widespread hunt happening. Sorry for being rude in that reply because I saw many translators moved to other platforms so I can't help but be a bit anxious.