LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets take Scylla race. It is said Scylla was born from Vida and Merrebeveil, but here are problem. Vida is female and Merrebeveil is female. So, who is mother and who is father between Vida and Merrebeveil? This is why I think here are no sex involved in making Vida races. No one saw Vida mating with anyone (or did she do it publicly?). No one seen Vida giving birth. Only says she is mother. So, no one really knows how she made this races. And no one really care how.
    It is like Christian God. Christians say God made world and all life, human too. But how did God made human? Did he give birth to human? Most will object scientist who say human had evolved from monkey and will say God made human even knowing they did not seen God making human (because they had not been made before God made human). So, how do they know how God made human? Maybe God used evolution to make human? So he evolved monkey into human.
    The same apply to Vida. No one seen how Vida made other species. But they know only one they to make new life - sex. So, human make assumptions using they little knowledge they have.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You forget, the evil god of Tentacles had NO gender at the time the Scylla were created. Merrebevil(did I spell this right?) only became female later after divine rebranding as the heroic goddess of Scylla.
    I did state earlier that you were right that we didn't know. We have no idea if Vida did the deed making these races or not. Doubt we ever will. Could very well have done it both ways. Traditional and divine origin depending on who the other parent was.

3. Magron

Magron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vida was in love with Zakkart, and when he died she made him undead and slept with him, getting pregnant and having twins, the first vampire and ghoul. I cant remember what chapter but it said that all Vida's races were given birth by her: Vida+Talos=Titans, Vida+Zanalpadna=Aracne and Empusa, all implying a female-male relationsip, but compared to Talos and the others who were male, Merrebeviel was genderless, and was quite infatuated with Vida and Zakkart and eventually became Vida's lover, she only took on a more feminine form of 'tentacles in the silhouette of a female' later because when it was discovered she defected to Vida's side, she disguised herself as a Scylla turned Heroic God, and after 100k years of worship of the female only Scylla race, she was shaped into her current form.

4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt intercourse was involved in the creation of the races.
    If it was I can only see it being with the undead Zakart.

Vida is the godess of love and life. So ot is safe to asume that fertility falls under her domain. And as mentiond by the elder dragon (godess) that want to create a new race with Van. Intercourse is not needed for it to happen since she is a god of fertility.
    Don't blame me for anny further spoilers! You yourself walked down this rabbit hole. I did not force you to do so.
    Disclaimer: This is what I vaugly remember from just looking through some future character overviews through google translate a cupple of years ago. So I might be totaly wronf here.

Van gets a hold of a certian item so he and the Elder Dragon Godess use it to make an egg that will give birth to a new race. Basicly making Van that childs father.
    NO intercourse required.

Latifa and Korleone like this.
  5. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I remember something similar, but can't remember who said it. But you can't take for a coin. Because if was legend author just wrote as legend and it don't mean it is true. Even if it written in novel. If in novel it was said by one of gods it may be true, but if by mortal it may be false.

6. Latifa

Latifa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still remember that part
    Tiamat used the bone of Marduk that Van found and they had a baby named Bakunawa

7. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused, is your point 'Vida can create new races without sex' or denying the possibility Vida has had sex? Because for all we know, Vida can become the male partner if she's with another goddess and that's how two goddesses can create a race.

I highly doubt Zackert was the first guy she had a thing with, just the first (maybe) she truly loved. She walked among mortals along with all the other gods before the Demon King attacked... That'd be a long time of spreading the teachings of Love and Life without following them herself. :blobconfused:

8. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is that Vida made them like a cloning chamber, she takes in a part of the essence of these Gods and mortals, and gives birth to a new race, like Christian God making Eve from a rib.

9. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van created his mothers body using one of Vida tools. If I remember correctly she created this device to revive Zakkart. After this other races of Vida started to appear. So I think she used same method to create her races as she created Undead Zakkart.

10. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a device made of divine materials under Talosheim that was broken that created the base form of life that was used to create Legion.
    The device/material used to bring his mother back from the dead was made by Zakkart and sealed away within the dungeon of Zakkart.

11. lotus.eater086

lotus.eater086 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about Van's parents on earth ? from the wn , it seems like he pays 00 fucks about them
    I don't even remember any chap where it says his parents(father&mother) on earth were abusive or negligent

12. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    His earth parents were dead. He lived with his abusive uncle and aunt.

13. Latifa

Latifa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van' father on Earth reincarnated as a single mother in France while his mother reincarnated as a pet turtle.

14. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to compare it, but already doing it: Think Harry Potter. Just without the mysticism.

Amamiya's parents died early, they were described as good parents to him, but then they died and that was it, they left an inheritance to him, and he went to live with his uncle, aunt and abusive cousin. He thus lived a very sad life until he died in the boat incident. His uncle received the inheritance, they used all the money, the uncle lost everything due to bad management, the aunt started stealing stuff and getting caught, and the cousin fled from the family and got the low level job Amamiya would have gotten had he not died.

Eddy andres likes this.
  15. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    A boat incident he paid for himself, because neither his school or family wanted to pay for his participation on the school trip.

The Godly Aeolus likes this.
  16. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Van on earth was basically like me in high school. The difference being that in Van's case, it was other people who treated him horribly, while in my case, it was all me. :D

xshugox, DragonMage18 and CountryMage like this.
  17. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucresia and Korleone like this.
  19. The Godly Aeolus

The Godly Aeolus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... this is basically a cliff-notes abbreviation for the circumstances of Van's lives: No matter what he does, no matter where he goes, any time he tries to have nice things, however insignificant they happen to be in the grand scheme of things, there will be someone, somewhere, that is irrationally offended by this, and they will become astonishingly, mind-bogglingly dedicated to HUNTING HIM DOWN and making sure that he, specifically, cannot derive any sense of enjoyment out of literally anything. Because screw him. And his little dog too. Rawr!

I'm of the belief that if Amemiya Hiroto had simply chosen to not go on the ferry, that not only would the terrorists have never bothered to attack the ferry, the entire trip would've been canceled for whatever reason, specifically so that Hiroto could be in close proximity to his classmates and teachers for another incident to take them all out at once; maybe the terrorists decided that HIS school, specifically, would be a good target, and they'd blow up the building with everyone inside. And even in this scenario, Hiroto would die trying to save Naruse from fire, shrapnel, falling debris, or what have you, and he'd STILL fail because he isn't allowed to have any self-satisfaction, ever. I dunno, Amamiya would be directly across the street at the time and coincidentally get hit in the head by a flying cinderblock or impaled by a flaming length of rebar or something; we can't just ignore the random body-double showing up to inadvertently take credit for the heroics of the protagonist, now can we.

The entire series is basically summed up as the universe saying "No! You are NOT allowed to be happy!" and Van responding "Y'know what? Screw you. Imma do it anyway. Fight me."

20. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sums up a lot of main characters.