Recommendations Mary Sue-like Characters?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by fakhruddins, Feb 20, 2021.

1. fakhruddins

fakhruddins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm looking for novels where the mc (female/male) u know, feels like as if they know everything, can do anything, just somehow knows the most random of random skills and knowledge. However, I'm looking for novels where it has a more slice of life feel to it. So instead of the mc going after their enemies, avenging someone, having backstabbing friends, they mind their own business while showing off to their families, friends and significant others.

Two examples of this is The Idol Group Pet Became A Final Boss and Godly Stay-Home Dad (Although stay at home dad is a bit more adventurous and has more action, they have a lot of romance and family scenes to make up for it)

2. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Man Picked up by the Gods (Reboot), the MC is unrealistically wise and despite having a lot of sasugaism the other characters are more than simple cheer-girls for the MC, also there's no "ultimate evil" at sight.
    EDIT.
    I forgot to mention how the author kills every possible harem route in favor of developing male characters more than other novels do.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    judeiiro and Sachi8003 like this.
  3. IndelibleWords

IndelibleWords Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Road of Flowers books..
    Rebirth of a noble idle woman I think.

Dekkay likes this.
  4. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bottom sounds like a plus.

Sachi8003 likes this.
  5. DemWafflz

DemWafflz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Superstars of Tomorrow male MC, no romance but there is familial love
    I’m Really a Superstar male MC, yes romance and yes familial love. Although is a lot of face-slapping (due to MC having a heck ton of weird skills like being able to fly a plane, write poems, write calligraphy, becoming a professor, hacking, singing, directing, martial arts, etc etc), this face-slapping is only directed towards those who are jealous of his achievements lol. He’s got a lot of trustworthy friends. The bad thing about this novel is that it gets repetitive and it plagiarizes the works of others, e.g. saying that the MC

Wrote these famous songs that already exist in our world, saying he invented shows like “the Voice”, saying he wrote super famous poems that were actually written by others in our world. Basically, the author takes things from reality and inserts them into the story on the premise that the MC was the one who invented all these things

yugmodnar likes this.
  6. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do like harems, but in that novel it's a plus since the MC is a traumatized individual, I think it fits better for him to have friends rather than a +40 member harem.

judeiiro likes this.
  7. yugmodnar

yugmodnar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Superstars of Tomorrow. I'm Really a Superstar and Library of Heavens Path are less put together and are very repetitive but has similar qualities. I also remember one where the protagonist made movies or was an acting coach but I can't recall the name.

I feel like My House of Horrors and Crazy Detective are also in this category, but with much more stimulating content. These have a sort of slice of life feel because the thriller/horror generally aren't about the protagonist. Rather, these protagonist investigate dangerous situations on the behalf of others when not living their every day life. Crazy Detective has more slice of life scenes, family moments, and romance.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  8. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    The Protagonists Are Murdered by Me

Spoiler alert but not hurt the story.
    He is very strong, not just by using muscle or who have more firepower attack, but utilizing what all he have (waiting for weeks just to ambush the enemy, using all kind of weapons etc.)

Obviously later on the mc become very strong and op, but it's ok.

9. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-iyashikei-game/ could be added, by MHOH authot

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    yugmodnar likes this.
  10. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yugmodnar and animefan217 like this.
  11. Moim

Moim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Scholar’s Advanced Technological System i don't know if this is an OP mc because he still studies with math real hard but he still has the systems and uses them as cheats to get something to help him study better. Gourmet of Another World is also good has an OP mc same with Daddy Fantasy World Restaurant

12. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-iyashikei-game/ is a novel I was hoping would exist mc using ghost to solve mysteries in midern day with a system I wish he could live stream it or become something like a masked vigilente

On a side note MHOH has been dropped.

lonelytree likes this.
  13. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    animefan217 likes this.
  14. yugmodnar

Reading List:
    Link
  15. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was imply toned down

16. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    yugmodnar likes this.
  17. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
  18. yugmodnar

Reading List:
    Link
    This still doesn't make much sense to me since the new book is still horror and supernatural. If, even with these changes, MOH was banned wouldn't the new book also be banned? Or was the previous guy who said that the MOH hiatus was because MOH was banned wrong? Or maybe a cultural nuance that I don't instinctively understand?

19. lonelytree

Reading List:
    Link
    In China, a ban is not always a 'ban', it's more like a warning. HoH was swept up in it, but the moment the editing was made, the ban was lifted. HoH was on hiatus due to the ban, yes, but after the author did the necessary editing, the ban was lifted. So as long as he doesn't commit the same mistake (the kind which only the author is privy to, i didn't ask), the new book wouldn't be banned.

Plus HoH is completed, the ban on it merely lasted for a week.

yugmodnar and animefan217 like this.
  20. Plague120

Plague120 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beware of chicken- it's what your looking for