LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Series link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sign-in-buddhas-palm/

C1: Does that guy give that speech every day, or does he just expect everyone to psychically know where they should go and what they should do on their first day on the job?

Why is there Dao Accumulation in a Buddhist sect?

I wonder if phenomena like that will happen every time. If so, its going to take ever increasing mental gymnastics for the people in charge to not make the connection with the sweeper that's present at every event ;)

C6: I wonder if the curse will try to attach itself to him, or if he'll be attacked by whoever it attaches itself to.

"there were probably thousands of pills." I thought he only got one pill at a time? How did he get thousands of them in only six years when he was also using them and signing in in other locations?

C7: "cycling through the Scripture Pavilion, Bodhi Court and Devil Subduing Tower." I thought he gave up on the last one due to all the sign-in bonuses being too trash to be worth the time?

C11: “When it gets weaker, I can finally break away from the seal. By then, I will let the Shaolin Temple flow into a river of blood!!!” More likely, you'll be swatted to death with a broom ;)

C14: “Although I, Su Qin, am alone and have no one supporting me" If I were the System, I'd be deeply offended by this...

That aside, I wonder if he'll reach a point where there are no sign-in points left in his sect.

C15: I wonder if Ba Tuo will meet the MC and decide to become a sweeper ;)

C18: I thought he was supposed to be low-key? How would word of this not get back to his sect?

C29: From the way they were talking, it sounds like they were plotting against the sect for some reason. I'm not sure I see the point given their situation.

That aside, it seems strange that a grade 2 can detect a technique exclusive to peak grade 1s.

2. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how long until he gets the Demon Buddha Golden Body that is mentioned in the summary, and whether or not it would even be of use since he's already cultivating two body techniques.

If the MC was trying to conceal his Divine Sense, I doubt the Empresses' servant would be able to detect it, but the MC only just unlocked it and is still learning to use it.

Presumably the Abbot and possibly the court heads will detect it too.

3. fatsaddragon

fatsaddragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the pills, he probably got like a bottle of pills instead of an individual pill? Possibly?

They are most likely afraid of plots and schemes by the imperial harem. Like if the temple allied with the imperial harem

jacobpaige likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why they decided to leave. If they have no ill intentions towards the sect, then its the safest place on the planet for them to be, as far as they know.

That aside, I'm mildly surprised that he never taught the princess anything, or aided her in any way. It really felt like that was the direction the story was headed. I wonder if he'll save her life instead?
    Its probably the evolution of merging his two techniques together.

5. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    It says he gets it when he signs in to the back mountain, which is where the bad guy, the demon buddha, is sealed.

Even if his techniques do combine (either he does it manually beyond just using both at the same time, or the system unlocks new functions), I don't think they'd be named after the bad guy.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That conversation with the princess makes me think the empire might be getting an empress next ;)

I was really expecting them to offer him the Head's position after he passed, and for the Head to ask him to take it on his death bed. I wonder if the new Head will give him trouble.

Also wondering why nothing he's gotten from the sect's library has helped him with his internal strength issue.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “How did you know?” Maybe he didn't and this was just a test...

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if those five holy monks will be able to leave the back mountain now, and if any of them will want to take the Abbot's place. It'll be a bit hard for him to argue with them given the disparity in both power and contributions.

9. Stability

Stability Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I would think he would happily hand the position over seeing how they are the only holy land without a leader with that cultivation.

10. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, I'd think that he'd have cleaned out the sect's cultivation methods by now. Just how many trash manuals does the sect have that he hasn't gotten all of the important stuff yet? He might as well just sneak in and look at the top tier stuff personally to see if there's something useful.
    I mean the demon guy is still alive right? He was just resealed. So it depends on if they're there to guard the seal or just to power it. If they're just powering it them most should be able to leave now that it's fresh again. If they're guarding it then they may stay.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, not getting it from signing in doesn't surprise me since he goes for pills more often than not, but yeah, they can't really stop him from going wherever he wants.

I would actually think it was the other way around. There's not really a need to closely guard it anymore, but if it needs them as a power source, then they'd need to stick around. Though, from the way their condition was described, I don't think they're powering it.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly but the cultivation place is one of the reusable places that he goes to fairly regularly.

I'm not sure the weakening seal is why it was being so closely guarded as they don't seem to have been doing anything on that front regardless. There might just traditionally be 5 guards there since the start. I mean he's been sending out descendants for 900 years already. On the other hand what I meant by powering it is more using their energy to slow down the deterioration of the seal. Now that it's been reset to factory settings it shouldn't need such a thing for the next few centuries.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does he even want to cultivate a demonic technique? Don't they normally require you to go out and murder people en masse? That doesn't seem like something he'd be even remotely interested in. And if it doesn't require that, then why is it even considered a demonic technique?

It hardly even seems worth having introduced the five holy monks if the author was going to immediately kill them off.

I wonder if he'll use that pill for himself or someone else. Also curious if he'll start gaining them regularly and have so many that there's no longer a point in keeping track of how many he has.

Inuzuka likes this.
  14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like another Yin/Yang type of situation. The moon technique he used to perfect his body was also of the demon path and it doesn't seem too bad. Perhaps it only requires demonic actions to speed up your cultivation when your understanding is low or something.

lol. I know they were in a situation that was supposed to be worse than death but you could have at least woke them up one at a time so that they could at least watch over the temple and teach the new generation a bit before they all died.

Inuzuka likes this.
  15. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the Buddha's Nature mentioned in chapter 1 the same as the Buddha's Intent mentioned in chapter 34?

Since in chapter 34 it mentioned
    I assumed that after the Abbot said he was going into closed door cultivation to try to break through to rank 1 Holy Monk, and the 5 Holy Monks said they were going to die, that the 5 monks would 'consume' their cultivation bases for the Abbot to help him break though.

Why is a Divine Art that has 'Body' in it's name like Demon Buddha's Golden Body, an Internal Strength/Qi cultivation instead of External Strength/Body cultivation?
    Is slowly replacing all your Buddhist Qi with Demonic Qi while cultivating, until you achieve Great Accomplishment, at which point you can freely switch between them, worth it? Does it somehow improve your Buddhist Qi? Even the Qi refined by Yi Jin Jing?

Edit: Actually, is Yi Jin Jing even Qi cultivation? I just googled it and apparently it's real and some sort of exercise routine? Chapter 2 said that it can enhance his body, but he goes on to use it (and a pill) to immediately reach peak rank 9.

2nd Edit: Has he reached Great Accomplishment in the Lunar Body Refining and gotten a Lunar Dharma Body yet?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he already has a great body cultivation technique, needs an internal strength technique, the author wrote the synopsis before the story, and forgot about that part of it until too late, but still felt obligated to include the technique since it was mentioned in the synopsis. At least, I assume that's the reason.
    I would assume that the author just found the name somewhere and decided to use it in their story, just like most of the cultivation jargon used in various xianxia/wuxia stories.
    I thought he had? After all, he's already merged the two techniques and transformed his body. I wouldn't think that would be possible if he hadn't at least gotten them both to roughly the same stage.

17. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    It seemed to me more like he only merged the yang and yin energies of the two techniques (into a grey energy/aura) rather than merging the two techniques themselves into a single technique, and that his body only transformed because he refined it to/past a mortal body's limit, something that his magic eyes of truth revealed wouldn't be possible with the Invincible Vajra Divine Art alone.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, body and internal energy are pretty strongly connected so he can presumably train his body and have his internal cultivation level increase as a byproduct. His internal cultivation seems to consistent of pill popping and relying on his body to avoid negative side effects for the most part anyway.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like he might help the abbot break through. If so then at least the temple should be safe while he's gone. I kind of feel like he should go the the other buddha sects once he's reached the legend realm to learn their stuff. Though it'll probably be faster if he personally starts reading cultivation manuals.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Su Qin was pleasantly surprised to find that he can Sign In in the Back Mountain again." Doesn't it normally notify him of such things the first time he signs in?

Why would only women be interested in a pill that halts physical aging? Or does it just not work on men?