Question City Lady Killer

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by JYtheGuy, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JYtheGuy

JYtheGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,
    I came across this novel City Lady Killer while I was searching for novels through tags. On Novel Updates it says that the novel is completed and has around 2000 chapters. What happened to the translation? And where did you guys read it otherwise?

Would appreciate the information.

2. Creativity53

Creativity53 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the translations were complete; it says that it's complete because the original novel was complete. Looks like there are some chapters on webnovel for free but it doesn't look like it has been updated in a while

Sabruness likes this.
  3. JYtheGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    If I wanted to find a way to read it how can I? Through mtl? Is it possible to hire a translator?

4. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to be 35 translated chapters but are dead linked so you can google it and find those on some websites that copy translations from original translators and post on their own website.
    Also all the Chinese Novels that aren't translated can be read using MTL ( Machine Translations) like google translate.
    you can just click on the chinese title under alternate names on info page on NU and google that title. You will find some raw pages on chinese websites which on google chrome will automatically ask if you want the page to be translated into your desired language. However the ads on most chinese websites are R-18, so I prefer to find a clean website before i get started. If your page isn't automatically translated just select all and copy the text and paste into google translate website.
    Also many CN's MTLed versions are posted on MTLNOVEL .com so you don't always have to go through that hassle.
    You might not get used to the broken English at the beginning but later on miraculously adapt to it. machine translating can get annoying because you might miss some jokes, lot of words are often miss translated, you cannot get some cultural references, you might lose context occasionally etc.
    When in doubt you can use Google again or create a post in a nu forums

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  5. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want you can hire a translator by creating a post in traslator's corner or you can post a pickup request in the forums

6. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    Completed in COO means that the author has finished the book and chapters are available in raw. Completely translated means the book has been translated in english. In this case the book seems to be dropped by the translator as he has deleted the translated chapters from original website that's been linked to NU.

7. JYtheGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright thank you so much for the help, seriously appreciate good people like you hahahaha.

Dizaster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.