Spoiler The Tragedy of a Villainess 합법적 악역의 사정

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Bobaaaa, Feb 4, 2021.

1. talexus93

talexus93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably like that more too honestly lol. Right now, all we have is a truly idiot male that does not see any fault in himself but likes to senselessly accuse the MC for no reason or evidence at all. Just a full blown simp for another female character. So far, it’s making his character a bit one dimensional.

2. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, Callis is another stupidshoe buddy's. I hope Callis has a extremely bad ending.

Could anyone spoil cute moment of MC&ML in detail? Pretty please....

3. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the new chapters have any cute moments about the MC and ML? Sorry, I just can't figure out how to read it on ridibooks :'(
    Also, in the events leading up to the idiot fiancé to marry the oriFL, did he not think about the shame that he subjected MC to? I mean, did he, at the very least have any second thoughts in marrying oriFL?
    He could have killed the MC because of his foolish decision and yet he just willingly gets married? What a damn bastard.
    I guess this is his way of getting even at her for poisoning him and almost getting him killed.
    I agree with the MC. They should never meet again. Live happy with your new wife, ex-fiancé

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  4. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I've been too busy to catch up on the newer chapters. As for how to read on ridibooks, you can use chrome browser and it'll auto mtl the chapters you unlock. You can unlock one chapter each day for free as long as they're not the last 10 chapters. It's quite easy to read this one since it's not smut so don't need verification but you would still need an account which is very simple process. If you wish to know how to do this, feel free to PM me.

While I don't like the 2nd ML and don't want to give him any excuses since it was his fault for even leaving with oriFL, he didn't choose to marry oriFL. I believe she did the ritual herself to save him. Remember, he was also dying so it wasn't just a one sided issue because both MC and 2nd ML were subjected to death if they don't complete the ritual. He doesn't even want to marry oriFL. The minute he returned back to the manor, he requested a divorce right away. The thing is, stern marriages take a year for marriages to be annulled so that's why they're still married on both sides.

5. hollymahayato

hollymahayato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

6. vela.99

vela.99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We are translating this novel at our website rainofsnow . com ( delete the space)

7. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I’m getting the idea that the two antagonists are what happens when a victim complex and a hero complex meet.
    Lina- constantly crying woe is me and rather than accepting any responsibility or reflecting on her actions just believes people are being mean to her for no good reason. Wants to be saved rather than putting in effort herself.
    Callis- needs to think of himself as a hero and almost compulsively must valiantly jump in and save someone weaker. Can’t accept that his actions might have been unwarranted or wrong because they were for “good” reasons. Overinflated sense of his own righteousness.

It seems like they bring out the worst traits in one another and could very well form some kind of codependency situation. Only thing throwing a wrench in things is their growing obsessions with the leads. Lina is just selfish and thinks she deserves the highest position for all she’s suffered. With Callis, I think it’s pretty hard to consider yourself the hero when you almost killed your dear fiancé, who you professed love to, out of sure negligence and stupidity.

Can someone explain a little more clearly about the whole ‘wedding rites that kill you if you don’t complete it’ thing? I get that the MC and Callis (or maybe just Callis) had started the process in the days leading up to the ceremony. And I can wrap my head around it somehow being necessary for the woman’s powers to not go wonky (Lina’s outright injuring people because she can’t get a reign on hers after all). But I guess it just doesn’t make sense that people who hadn’t gone through the preliminary steps could just substitute in last second. Or did the ML just speed run the beginning of the process while MC was unconscious? And how did Lina know about the whole thing when MC didn’t, and she’s practically flunking out of her studies?

Also, any drama about the ML marrying without the king’s permission? Or is it excused because of the extenuating circumstances?

8. Lovingme

Lovingme Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who's the ml? The white haired dude or the deepshit fucker brown haired dude?? I hope it's the white haired one

9. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ml is the white haired guy

beazacha, parvathy, avlirea and 2 others like this.
  10. Lovingme

Lovingme Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ey thankssss

11. satan at work

satan at work Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was planning to buy the book on ridibooks and translating it. But I'm really scared of tragedy tags. Also Lina and callis are annoying as hell.

12. Astrology Freak

Astrology Freak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the entire premise.

Ofc, Villainess-Saintesses are not uncommon considering the entire Isekai-Villainess boom in fiction, but wow. Lina and Callis just took the Second spot for Most Punchable Couples under Trashta and Sovieshit. Imagine feeling entitled to all the affection in the world just because you're a Saintess, and that gives you the 'Get-Out-Of-Jail Free' Card to be a selfish ass who can do no wrong. Even Orihime Inoue, a crybaby kind-of Saintess with OP rejection powers, wasn't that bad. And she was kind of just...there.

Praise Seria for her patience. I'd throw down with Lina on the first day. Or crack Lina and Callis' skulls together.

Callis is a fucking idiot. Imagine throwing away a Villainess who "reformed" because she was in love with you (as per rumors). "It'S nOt ChEaTiNg, It'S mY dUtY!!1!!" bro, your duty was to be a loyal husband/fiancee/protector for your wife-to-be. You fucked up, and you let the chance slip by. Tbh, kinda thankful that Callis was weeded out as early: this would get a shitton messier if we got a Homewrecker "We're just friends UwU" Saintess or another similar person who made themselves seem like a hapless victim in the future.

I honestly agree. I can't wait for karmic retribution to screw them over. Callis needs to be shunned by High Society and/or get his Title as marquis stripped or lowered. Lina not being able to return to her world, and bereft of her Saintess title: without 'Saintess' before her name, Lina's pretty much just a common kid with no common sense/knowledge of their world., and zero clout/power. Have the feeling she's going to spin Seria as the villain of her circumstance if that happens tho, lol.

Tbh, I think one of the reasons Lina was attracted to him because looks + power. Kinda found it sketchy how she ditched the 2ML in the OG story like 'gee...sorry...thanks for everything!' kind of like how Ariel from 'When The Villainess Loves' seemed to react to the deaths of the 2MLs who had a crush on her. If she really liked Callis for who he was...why gun for the Duke? Why not live contentedly with Marquis Callis?

Also: bet you the OG Duke may have not actually been in love with Lina. I recall that the North needed the assistance of Sterns. What if, in the OG World, Duke Lesche definitely didn't like Lina? Lina is a materialistic Saintess (lol) and with his wealth, it would be a piece of cake to give her shiny things. Lina helps, which lessens the manpower needed, and reduces costs in the north. Duke Lesche gets more clout and protection from Church Meddling. Win-win.

Also, how fun would it have been if the OG novel was in Lina's POV entirely? That would make it a very biased book. In Lina's eyes, she's gotten all the luxury, adoration, and wealth she deserves as the Saintess. Duke Lesche views it very differently: he gets the labor he needs to keep his Duchy safe, and the Church at bay. And all he needs to do is just smile at an annoyingly vapid girl and compensate the people she irked/annoyed/caused damages to behind the scenes.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  13. Korleone

Korleone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I agree with most of your analysis, I'm not so sure about the OG ML. Unfortunately for our dear Duke Lesche, he is more on honor & everything than it seemss + MC in one of the chapters said that he fell in love (or smth) with Lina 'cause she "disappeared" for year (and everyone thought that it was OG villainess who did it) and he blamed himself for that. And when she "appeared" again he kinda confessed (or smth). So no, unfortunately, probably, he loved Lina (or some imaginary version of her).

At least now he has our MC to fall in love with! Without some needy disappearence!

Dinha Oli, Bella94, BrytteM and 8 others like this.
  14. vela.99

vela.99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is already being translated here https://rainofsnow.com/the-tragedy-of-the-villainess/

15. kali1

kali1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel as though since the Duke knew what to do that Lina in the first timeline had a better go with her sainthood powers. Now her powers are wonky. Now Lina isn't able to rely on the Duke and Callis gets to lead in helping her out.

Reminds me a bit about La Dolce Vita de Adelaide where you have one reborn and the other just flopped right out of the sky. Ha the ML couldn't stand the FL in there too. I guess that's where the similarities end with just a few bits.

I totally appreciate all the spoilers! Thank you.

16. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, people. Before you go blaming or insulting someone for sharing a link to the translator site, wouldn't hurt to check who they are.

Here, a screenshot for the lazy peeps.
    Screenshot_2021-03-18-02-02-57-23.jpg

Yes, people. That person you just cursed is from the translation group who brought the translation to you. It's also on NU.