Spoiler Why The King Needs A Secretary/패왕에게 비서가 필요한 이유

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by flamingorangesoof, Jul 13, 2020.

1. komcute

komcute Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. ErinaNakiri

ErinaNakiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys some spoilers would be nice. It's like this thread got abandoned by everyone :cry:
    I want fluff. Lots of fluff. Please

3. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. ErinaNakiri

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1-2 of the manhwas just came out. The art is pretty good and Serek is uselessly good looking. Not that it changes anything but I just wish that my first thought when I saw wasn't 'Oh he's good looking. Make him uglier. Give him a pug nose or something

5. cutesherry

cutesherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see I am not the only one who came here after discovering the webtoon hahaha
    Thank you very much to the user @Thinkokoro for translating so many chapters, I see that they stopped a while back, but we will hopefully get to see spoilers in the future in this thread from them if they feel like it, or from others readers of the novel, I hope!
    If not, we always have the webtoon!! :D

She really came a long way from being an orphan getting abused by that bastard guy living the hard life in the back alleys, to getting an education and proving herself to be really smart and competent!!
    I actually would have liked to hear more about her brother, or for him to make an appearance or something? I'm curious about him and how he ended up so sick, but it doesn't look like the author is planning to make her sibling have a more active role in the story so far at least.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  6. Never mind

Never mind Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any major spoilers and how does the story progress

7. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I wanted to know about her brother too. Did they go back and bring him to his sister?

8. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, the brother is brought to this kingdom and taken care of pretty early in the story.

arlovebird, Lasika and Tt123 like this.
  9. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilerss

10. ErinaNakiri

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read the translated novel? It has about 22 chapters in English

11. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I'm actually glad the author didn't go with the cliché ugly cheating ex-lover trope since one's actions aren't tied to their appearance after all. Besides it's easy to hate an ugly person and see their terrible behavior for what it is, but people with good looks (especially hot guys) usually get a free pass and easy sympathy from readers just by virtue of being good-looking and having a sad/tragic past (ex: just look at every single romance story with shitty MLs or sexy evil villains, readers will defend them no matter how abhorrent their actions were). So it's kinda great that they made a handsome irredeemable bastard for once, maybe now people would learn not to get blinded solely by their appearance alone.

12. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to know that ex got face slapping or not :cookie: I hope he get it. YOU DUMP A DIAMOND THEN CHOOSE A ROCK. THE HELL. :blobexpressionless::blobhero:

13. tamakosan

tamakosan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just reading a second chapter from webtoon but it doesn't make a sense. Not just she make thing worst for get nothing, they could make her into slave for no reason as public officer? she seem too stupid to survive from complicate situation and if a civilian could easily become a slave without reason that mean the rule or public policy in that nation is fxckup and that mean you have be more careful on your own action more than the other region. I could understand human is not perfect but she get herself into slave and the way she look thing go is like not a big deal and keep ask for transporter to help and took up sick brother to be reason for pity her lol. she is too stupid and can't understand current situation the most she can be is side character she can't be in important role because not only she could bring herself down she could bring people around her down too. I might be wrong from what I read just 2 ch but she has no charisma to make me want to reading her story. her friend might be suitable than her tho.

DOHere, kawaii12345 and Ice_Rose like this.
  14. Saraf

Saraf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read the novel, so dunno how she's portrayed in the manhwa. Celestia is not too stupid and not too bright either I guess :blob_tilt: You could say she's book smart, memorizes any information and action very quickly. She's a kid who grew up on the streets without any guardian figure and is quick to use her hands, bad/ rude/ sarcastic language and her street smarts. So comes out as vulgar and boorish to rich "noble" people who already look down on commoners even if they just stand there. Celestia, like every commoner, becomes a chicken in front of noble personage but if you give her a bit of freedom, she'll show her talent and also want to dance on that person's head. Jk :blobcheeky: She has trouble determining how much distance she should keep with people, and if the other person is having the same trouble :blob_blush: well then.... you're in for a love story :bloblove:

Celestia spent every bit of her strength trying to make life a bit easier for her sick brother and their childhood friend Serek. They were abandoned in an orphanage/ nursing home by their parents where they were tortured and mistreated to the point where the kids decided to escape. The reason for her giving her all to make Serek successful is because they promised to each other that if one of them made it, that person would look after the other 2 :blob_catflip:

The empire they live in is trash and I'll come to that later but despite being smart their was no chance for Celestia to study and be rich as commoners can't get into the academy. Or they can get in with money or recommendation but where would poor people get those from. So the process is just impossible and the illiterate just stay illiterate from generation to generation :blobsad: The Goldina empire leans more towards magic and that's why it's full of talented individuals who are wizards/ magicians. Unlike in other sectors, the nobles don't mind if a magician is from humble origin, you just have to be good at magic. Celestia' s brother is useless, she's not good with magic/ mana so they put all their eggs in Serek's basket as he's got talent in magic. She'd memorize all the calculations and aspect of magic and then tutor Serek alongside working to keep food on their table, her brothers med and Serek's school cost. She really is the dredge of the society, it's not written clearly but I think she earned her living through stealing/ pickpocketing and other low works (my imagination :blobwhistle:) before discovering her ability to get rid of mana (or something like that) and making an honest living. So her pathetically begging and screaming towards the slavers was how she survived all her life, by acting like a wretch. I feel really bad for her sad life which resulted in betrayal :blobsob:

Now, the Goldina empire is ruled by a Queen (don't know her name) and as I said, they kept honing there magic skills (ignoring other social sectors I think) and to perfect magic they need all kinds of ingredients, equipments, teachers etc which resulted in the empire having debts after debts. The proud queen sold her common citizens to fill the belly of the nobles, wizards and to keep the country running. Slavery is rampant as well as other inhumane practices. But in the later chapters she struck a deal with the Burg empire to send her talented magicians, of which, unfortunately, Serek is a part of The Burg empire and it's emperor look down upon the slavery system, that's why everyone was so surprised :blobpopcorn_two: when he brought a slave with him.

15. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank thinktoro for the spoilers!!!
    Can we get some broad ending spoilers? I wish this thread got some more attention it’s such a good novel

16. ivysaurr

ivysaurr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. You're fast on judging her just from two chapters of the manhwa. You should know her story first. She's actually really good and smart.
    Anyway, the english-translated novel is at Chapter 24. So read that.

terpseachore and charisa like this.
  17. Wonder Star

Wonder Star Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please summarise all the chapters briefly?

Drayne and simplysharonda like this.
  18. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Serek? And why is the title Why the King needs a secretary? Does she became a secretary? Because from the manhwa raw, she’s studying? I just don’t get it please enlighten me

SammieUy and DOHere like this.
  19. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler! Do you also know the ending of Serek? Is there any revenge or will he have any regrets on what he did? Im really curious if he will suffer because thats what i always look for if theres a scumbag in a story :blobowoevil: