Spoiler The Reincarnated Villainess Does Not Want Revenge

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    https://mangadex.org/title/62559
    Description:
    “I’m not interested in revenge!” Rosemary was branded as a villainess and hung for a crime she didn’t commit. She reincarnates as the commoner, “Marie”, while still retaining the memories of her previous life and hopes to live peacefully this time. However, contrary to Marie’s wishes, she ends up returning to the royal palace. “Sister, how do you want to punish the people who killed you?” Her brother, who she doted on in her previous life, had changed completely and intended to take revenge on behalf of his sister. “Master, please tell me your desire.” The knight who swore allegiance in the previous life swears his allegiance this time as well. I’m not thinking of taking revenge on the person who killed me. However, the people around me will not allow that…

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post.

Reminder
    Is discussion allowed in a spoiler thread? YES. It's written in the RULES.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/forum-rules.29321/#post-6270879
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/discussion-in-spoiler-threads.113527/

Table of Contents (TOC)

Chapter Summary
    • None so far

Specific Event

Q&A
    • Who did the FL end up with? (Post #12)

Link

Spoiler Notes
    All spoilers found until post #27 on page 2 have been updated here. If there's any mistake, feel free to correct it.

More about Spoiler TOC
    For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  3. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel up on Syosetu

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1694gc/

Doesn't look too long and it is completed

70 or so with an alternate POV volume, think "Role of the villainess is no more" (shudder a concept I hate even more than this one)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  4. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? How many chapters and any idea on the ML?

5. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, this concept actually sounds hilarious. So literally every other character wants her to take revenge but she kinda just wants to do her own thing?

Does anyone have access to translations/spoilers here?

6. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I skipped towards the ending of the novel

Marie ends up with Alberto and they have a wedding.
    The prince falls in love with Marie and I think his feelings were not reciprocrated tho so by the end of the novel he became king after punishing his father. He was also able to clear up Rosemary's crime from the past and was laid to rest honorably. He vowed to become a good king and he continuously bears the guilt from his mother and father's evil deeds. He learned from his father's mistakes and attended the wedding of Marie and Alberto.

EDIT: I made one more spoiler btw.

7. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Essentially, CF end. Yay! The age gap though must be something, guy is practically close to twice her age (even if she gets her memory in her I assume... late teens/early 20s). Eh... Happy either way. Was kinda worried when I read the first chapter thinking the possible ML might be CP from the cheating couple who had her killed. I mean... their love story is in shambles and MC doesn't feel a thing but the focus on the prince was a bit unnerving (that is until MLs flashback afterall). Thanks for the last chap spoilers!

8. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Now, who are we going to trust on the ML spoiler.
    Eh... We can wait.

Now as for her sh*tty ex fiance/King. His lovelife is literally in shambles that ANYBODY's fantasy of their romance breaks upon sight of these two, how on earth does he still believe on his Queen? Its honestly a miracle the kingdom has left standing with these two taking charge. A manipulative b*tch and a man with an odd inferiority complex (or whatever is the king's problem is)

9. Ariawolfgar

Ariawolfgar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooo I wanted Alberto to be the ML. Not fair. So does the brother ever know that she is rosemary?

Mikaa likes this.
  10. Lamune44

Lamune44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILER for the Prince alternate ending only

It's not sure. In the last chapters he suddenly froze next to her and remark that she look like his dead sister but eventually keep going without insisting. Maybe he want to respect her wish to not be Rosemary anymore, or he is not sure himself and only think it was an impression.

11. Rin_-_

Rin_-_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that both are the ml and the author made endings for both of them. She seemed to really like the idea of "what if". There are 2 endings, one with Alberto and one with the prince.

Rin.rinaaa, evanesco99211 and Mikaa like this.
  12. tempekemul

tempekemul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, whut? I'm confused who the ML so I read the epilogue and the ML is...
    Both of them.
    Yes, @Rin.rinaaa was right and @Lamune44 is not wrong too.

ML in main story is Alberto (knight) and ML in another ending is Prince.
    This after wedding bonus (main story) and this epilogue (Prince edition).
    Well, I hope I am not wrong since I read this epilogue with sleepy eyes

13. Lamune44

Lamune44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry everyone, I did not realize it was a multiple ending story. At least I tried... Going to edit my others messages right now.

So this is why I was confused! Indeed, apparently there is two paths for this novel and I have only read the Prince's one. So my spoilers are for the "Prince edition". For the "Knight" edition the story must have taken another path.

SPOILERS FOR THE PRINCE ENDING

First she became his maid. Then he was more an more attracted to her to the point the King and Queen realised it. They were not happy, the Queen even more so, because they planned to choose a bride from their faction for political power. Marie being of low rank and belonging to no faction would be useless to them. The Queen even accused her of trying to kill her like she lied in the past to get ride of Rosemary. The King then tried to have her banished. He even slap her when she answered that she will not obey him because she was the Crown's price maid and thus only him could order her to go. She added that he was not a "King" because not worthy of it with his bad policies. It made the King mad because he was reminded of Rosemary that he still hate (apparetly he always believed the Queen's story). After the slap and assasisnation attemps from he Queen the Prince decided to overtrown hos parent and punish her, with the help of Mari's old brother and childhood friend. She never reveled her identity to them but during the trial she gave her old brother an handkerchief with a rose and special pattern to make him realise that she was still alive and that she did not want a purge to happen. Thus capital punishement was not choosen.

Then their is drama because the handkerchief incident made the Prince realize that Mari was in fact Rosemarie and that he had no right to love her because of what his parents did. It made Mari react that she was not "rosemary" anymore and that it di dnot matter because she loved him. Thus she take Queen training classes and fight to become Queen despite her low statut. It was not easy.

For others random informations:

- The Queen is a socipath that only did what she did because she like toying with people. She was actually sad about Rosemary execution becaus eit was like having her toy broken. And then she was happy when she realized her brother's will for revenche because she felt she had find a new toy. She even treat the King as one of her paws.

- The Prince is always jelly that he is not able to protect Mary because as a Price he is not a knight: he can only order others to protect her but not do it himself.

- Mary's friend, a noble-maid like her, become a maid-knight.

- Mary's older brother will be very depressed after the trial because his sister choose to not see him but he will overcome it and become the Chancellor, not knowing who Mary is.

14. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sry to say this but i find multiple ending storys a writers coward way out of a story

15. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I... don't exactly see the problem?

A "coward's way out" of a story would be something noncommital. Like keeping things "will they won't they" for as long as possible and never resolving it, or shaking up the status quo only to go back to it at the very end.

These are just branching paths with (presumably) slightly different story beats. So long as they build it up properly to either character and develop believable relationships with both, what exactly is wrong with the author writing multiple endings? It doesn't really affect the story as a whole especially since you can choose the one you want. This kind of thing is pretty dang common in fanfics so why would it be different if the official author made alternate endings?

TrinaAngel, gracecfe, Mikaa and 16 others like this.
  16. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find Multiple endings with differnt outcomes the same as fanfics. Wich is ok as a fantic but not a novel or book. Even if its a dark bad ending sticking with it is alot better then trying to please everyone. Cause thats what it just is author wanted to please both factions of the prince and other guy.

JinVodka, BananaChi and kawaii12345 like this.
  17. Redvelvetlove

Redvelvetlove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

18. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ok haha I forgot to explain further that there was also an alternate ending with the prince because I got busy with work. I guess the author did this to satisfy those who shipped Marie with the prince since he really was a pitiful second lead with an unrequited love.

Ceilo27 likes this.
  19. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler! I know it will be either Albert or the brother for ml seat (in the main story) because the cover.
    It sad though there isn't ending mc with the brother.:sushi_dead:

20. MishaArnon

MishaArnon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoilers everyone!