LCD I Came Back And Conquered It All

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Mar 1, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Series link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-came-back-and-conquered-it-all/

C1: I can definitely tell why one of the reviews was complaining about the translation quality.

I'll be a bit surprised if the oracle doesn't betray them all by the end of the prologue.

"Academia started using my mana to scale the minimum awakening level." Ouch. Hopefully they didn't reference him by name.

C2: Was I misunderstanding earlier, or shouldn't people be able to use magic other than their inherent skill so long as they have the mana for it? If so, why is she continually trying to use a skill she knows won't work on him? Also, if she knew it would likely fail, then why didn't she get one of the others to kill him before she had them commit suicide? He would have been utterly defenseless against them, and she clearly had more than enough mana for it.

Why didn't he even try to fight back? It didn't sound like she was any sort of super human in melee combat.

Also, why did the author have him go back in time for no reason when there was a perfectly functional McGuffin right there with the stated power of sending him back? Or did his power record the Egg's mana and somehow activate its power? If so, then would that mean that he can rewind time at will now?

That aside, I hope he takes the time to assassinate her as soon as possible. The longer she runs free, the more dangerous it'll be for everyone.

C3: Ah, I thought this was going to be a straight do over story, not a transmigration story mixed with a do over story. I wonder what happened to his original body then. Will he meet himself at some point now?

C4: I wonder if the original wasn't actually insane, but was being driven insane by people who wanted him out of the way so they could take over the guild.

C6: Well, his father is definitely a s**t bag. I kinda hope the MC kills him. Or, since that's really unlikely, that he at least doesn't get a redemption arc before he gets killed by whoever cursed the MC's body.

C7: I wonder why using his mana intentionally doesn't count as Awakening.

Since he can use any skill he's seen used, I wonder if that means he'll be Dominating anyone.

C8: It seems like a bad idea to charge for window shopping in a business like that. Its not like most people will know what they want before they show up given how fluid the inventory is.

Wouldn't killing her be a better revenge since it would not only stop everything that she intended to do, but would also involve killing her?

C8: Wouldn't Seo Jin Wook's gait be different from the MC's?

C10: Ah, so that's why it doesn't count as Awakening.

That aside, I wonder why they didn't keep any of them alive for questioning.

lol. I love how the MC is shamelessly sticking to his ridiculous story ;)

C11: I wonder if Angelica is even her real name.

C13: I wonder if he was able to see, and thus memorize, the Work Regulations.

C14: So, basically, he has as much mana as the author wants him to have without any limits whatsoever. I hope the author knows what they're doing. Making the MC this OP usually strips all future fights of any form of tension.

I wonder if he claimed to be a prophet.

If Stealth is that good, then why is it only E rank? Is the mana cost to sustain it super high or something?

C16: I wonder if he could absorb a dungeon core the way he does mana cores.

Its probably too much to ask, but I hope he doesn't get anything too broken from this.

C17: Yeah, with him complaining about not having a weapon, it was pretty much guaranteed that he'd find a good one in this dungeon. I was kinda hoping it'd come off his pursuers' corpses though.

C18: How can he look at the pattern of a rune being charged behind his back? His ability relies on his eyes too work.

C20: Rather than question why she didn't break the egg, I think it would be better to question why she felt the need to go up the tower in the first place. As long as she killed the MC, there'd be no way for humanity to make it up that tower to smash the egg in the first place.

C21: I wonder why he doesn't suspect his secretary of being one of the people plotting against him.

C24: There's like a 2% chance that she's the ringleader.

C25: I'm starting to wonder if his father is the one trying to get rid of him.

C28: Okay, make that a 0% chance of it being the sub leader. Honestly, I'm mostly betting on it being his secretary or his dad at the moment.

C31: Just because he doesn't have the curse, that doesn't mean that he's not the source of the curses. The preventing suicide thing is much more convincing. Though, that just leaves his dad as the prime suspect, and honestly, he always had the weakest motive out of all the suspects.

C32: Well, if she is Angelica, then she can't be the source of the seeds. Not unless she too has two unique skills anyway.

C34: I wonder when the lady from the black market will make her move to recruit/join/whatever the MC.

Also wondering if he's planning to violate the underage awakening restriction with that stone he just bought.

C35: I wonder if he'll get the extra rewards for completing this dungeon. I'm sure he could get at least an SS Class item from it.

C38: I sounds like it'll let him go into space and travel to other planets, and he doesn't seem to realize it.

C50: I was really expecting the MC to save her. I wonder why he chose not to. He certainly had the power to.

C51: If he realizes that she's probably cursed, then why is he still trying to kill her?

C57: Why is he not even considering curing people that are cursed? He just leaps straight to "kill 'em."

Speaking of curing the curse, where has he been keeping his 'cat' all this time?

Lurking likes this.
  2. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you, from this summary I know I don't want to read this. Lots of filler word spam?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    No more than usual. Honestly, its not a bad series, but I doubt I'll be recommending it to anyone.

Lurking likes this.
  4. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    mm. ive been cutting back on the majority of the translated novels if they have the too much word spam. only reading a few that make it worth it rn

i dont mind fluffy content, but if author just trying to hit a word count and barfing hte same stuff with diff words, big pass.

5. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, poorly developed

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C61: I keep wondering what the original owner of Replica will think when they find out that their "unique" skill is already possessed by someone else.

They should really have insisted that he only got to keep the living expenses and down payment so long as he didn't do anything to screw things up himself. He strikes me as the sort who might.

That aside, I wonder how poorly his father will react when he finds out about this guy and the fact that someone's moving in the shadows to seize the sub guild leader's shares.

C61: It always bothers me when someone says, "Quick, turn on the news!" and then the person they're talking to does and its the exact right story that's just started being told, in spite of the person speaking never having said which news channel, or having any way of knowing what the story would be since it hadn't started being told yet. Its nice that this time, it only had the latter flaw, but the former still bothers me a bit.

C62: Telling a crazy man that can break you in half on a whim to seek mental help is a suicidal act...

I wonder if he's going to do what he criticized his father for doing and take them to high ranked dungeons.

C63: I wonder if the Sebrarian Empire will be coming up often, and possibly become a plot point of some importance.

Also wondering if the door can tell him his current coordinates. If so, then he could use it in conjunction with his future knowledge to start establishing connections with friendly dimensions, and maybe do some shopping.

C64: "That's supposedly a five S-ranked man dungeon." And he complained about his father sending a noob E rank to an E rank dungeon...

I wonder if they'll be rescuing the dragon's captives.

C65: Sucking people into his shadow to be slaughtered by his zombie horde (or just drained of mana till dead) would probably be a super effective assassination strategy...

I wonder how often he'll even be able to use something as large as a zombie dragon, and how much of its power it'll retain.

7. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow that's alot of rant

8. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so reading your rant, idk if you have been reading the same novel i was or not tbh
    the TL quality was not so good from the start but it gets better further in the story
    2- yes you can using ' skills ' that you have in your slots or magic that you have studied if you have mana for it, the reason she didn't make one of his team mate do it is simply because that's not how the skill work, read back the description of the skill
    the reason she ' kept ' using it is not cuz she was, the skill ticks more than 1 time or so, he couldn't fight back as he can't use any skills as he only had 9/9 mana so he just can't use any skills to fight + having an 80 year old body doesn't really help
    - the time rewind part is more explained further in story, the how and why, and no the bird's power doesn't work that way.

3- his old persona doesn't exist in this regression also explained at chapter 122

4-the original isn't insane as the MC discovers, he is under a curse rank SSS.

6- the father doesn't get killed but when the MC removed the seed which is the curse of his dad ( the reason why he is a bad father is him being controlled by the curse ) he loses his brain of sorts

7- he need to activate it through the system and awaken his inhert skill

8- he does kill her, but that's not the main story.

8- idk wut gait is

11- it's not her name , angelica is a made up persona

14- his skill may sound too OP but he isn't the only one with a strong skill, he will end every bit he can grasp to fight ppl from other dimensions
    stealth isn't rank E , there are many versions of the same skill , stronger rank = stronger effect, but he used rank E cuz it uses less mana which he didn't have much of
    he never claims to be a prophet

16- there are no dungeon cores, dungeon and how they are formed is also explained further in the story
    no matter hos strong he gets, he fight absurd enemies

17- im pretty sure he went to that dungeon knowing where to find the weapon and why he has to take before anyone, also explained

18- it's a more sensory eyes not actual ones so he basically can see mana patterns if he closed his eyes

20- she went up the tower to get the egg lol, so they can't finish the tutorial.

21- because he saw his mana core in empty state and there was no seed in there.

25- he is dad is also being controlled by the same curse he is the assigned ( gardener ) by the alien that planted the see ( curse )

31- it does though , as the curse is rank SSS and you can't activate it with lower rank mana capacity like the secertary or dad

32- angelica is neither , she is simply a parasite from another dimension

38 - im just lost to be honest i mean he legit tried using it but couldn't due to absurd mana cores required , To use the item he need to know the co ordinates of the planet he is travelling to, he later learns them though

50- the reason han seol moved to the guild was to possess the main character as he is the strongest hunter in the future she saw,or kill him if she can't, that's before the curse came into effect

51- you can't cure the curse as it's like a leech inside the mana core and it's not ' curse' but a seed, and it's a powerful alien 's skill
    you can't heal it if it's not a curse/illness

57- there is no curing it, if there was he would have used it on himself
    the cat is being kept in his house

9. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i honestly doubt it's the same story at this point that @jacobpaige is talking about
    i have seen no fillers and the story is very good, filled with plot twists
    the story isn't simple as it may seem
    as after the ' revenge ' there is a bigger players out there where the real plot starts

Active_Translations likes this.
  10. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg

11. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    61- people don't just go around tell others their skills, plus 2 similar skills can exist

61- if the news are big enough it goes on all channels though but sure

62- at that point his father couldn't though, again idk if you are really reading this story lol

12. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is no such thing in this novel , it purely goes around the MC's objective and how he goes around achieving that

13. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would advise people trying the novel for themselves as from my own experience with the Novel, I Love every word of it
    it's easily reaching top 10 novels that i have read, can even say better than SCOG, but shorter.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure why you insist that its a rant, but people are allowed to read a series that they wouldn't give five stars, and they're allowed to question a story as they read it, even if they would give it five stars.
    Its clear from the very first "response" that you really didn't understand my post and are mostly trying to find fault. As such, I won't be bothering to read the rest of it, much less respond to it.
    61: Its called Unique for a reason, and the MC plans to tell everyone his power using the description of the original Replica.

62: He could though, if he's as crazy as people think he is. S class is more than strong enough to explode a non-Awakened with ease.

15. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought you were talking chapter 62 no, then the Mc is stronger,
    There are like 6 ppl that he tells them his skill, it doesn't get widespread

16. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are free to say what you want, but wut you are saying is just misleading, hence I'm correcting it as I go, as a person that also read the story I found most of wut u pointed out absurd as it was explained in the same chapter or before, I found most of your questions already explained.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not talking about what he has said. I'm talking about what he plans to say. He's made it clear that he plans to publicize his unique skill as being Replica.

If that were true, I wouldn't have written it. Judging by your criticisms that I did bother to read, its pretty clear that you're mistaken, both in your interpretation of what I said and your understanding of the story.

18. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's not trying to put filler lol, this isn't a Chinese author. The Author definitely planned out this story from beginning to end and had it in mind to only tell his story. There is barely any filler word spam in this novel.

19. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lcd is meant to be a discussion, instead it's a summary of your prospective of the novel, which I disagreed with most of it with reasons explained in the story hence my reply, sorry if it came as offensive

Lurking likes this.
  20. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    korean can also get pretty nonsensical sometimes, i dont think filler has a native language.

Chinese authors just get worse rep since they repeat to hit a certain word count, but ive encountered filler in every language honestly.

im not looking into it personally since i think jacobpaige is entertaining and i dont have time for another novel rn.