LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough, to each their own opinion.

2. Sofocles

Sofocles Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, a novel that is better than 99,99% of all the other novels, just because it couldnt be finished isnt worth reading????? seriously gotta change your priorities.... not to mention how many chinese novels have not a good, just a DECENT ending?

Exalted, God slayer, ShanaFY and 3 others like this.
  3. AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness Lumen De Aurora

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh how the days pass by where I wait for RI to continue.

4. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, my name is Fang Yuan and i have no principles and bottom line...according to some old bat who can't recognize the great love and peace i bring to the world

[​IMG]

LordKarsus likes this.
  5. Stability

Stability Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I say anyone who tries to stop love from spreading for eternity is a true demon.

Ironfist Sect likes this.
  6. Deleted member 193678

Deleted member 193678 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you're referring to this note? https://old.reddit.com/r/ReverendInsanity/comments/kbl9ve/a_note_from_gu_zhen_ren/
    He got re-educated alright.

Astaroth and LordKarsus like this.
  7. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Guy makes some dope RI vids

Exalted, ShanaFY, Sky Farrow and 2 others like this.
  8. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumping out of boredom

9. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Im glad the bird got hit
    Otherwise he'd be too active in infiltrating casualy after he settles things down
    The other 2 actually care about their factions

10. Freecell

Freecell Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do hope RI will eventually be finished too, but I fear for the author's life and freedom if he tries.

11. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows when the political environment in China will change. How many people can foresee the collapse of U.S.S.R before it happened?

12. Freecell

Freecell Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if or when the PRC does collapse, the author has already been thoroughly screwed and "re educated" already, doubt he will ever be the same. The author is not like Fang Yuan with a perseverance that can last through all odds and ages.

13. ShanaFY

ShanaFY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He might not be FY, but I’d certainly say writing a novel as complex as RI requires grit and perseverance not many can match. Re-education, for someone that talks so much sh*t about the clan system? They’d have to use bona fide torture to truly convince him. Otherwise, he’d probably just pretend. Well, that’d still affect RI. I don’t think it’d go that far though.

14. Scholar of Eclipse

Scholar of Eclipse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya, i'm a person who recently read Reverend Insanity (for 200 chapters right now) and i'm wondering if there's actually any romance in the future. As a person who's been frustrated by good novels ruined by romance, I often check the fandom profile of the main character first before continuing on with my read.

But what confuses the heck out of me is that in fandom, Fang Yuan apparently has a spouse but from what i've heard is that even after a thousand chapters, there's none. I did still continue on though, deciding to trust the fans.

So might I ask, does he have a spouse or not? If so, is their romantic relationship at least good? I'd be willing to continue reading on even after those chapters if they have good chemistry. Or is it a scheme of his?

(Feel free to spoil, but not too much please.)

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    He had a lover in his previous life, but there's no romance afaik. Though technically I've "Only" read 2k chapters and there's a few hundred chapters to go from where I'm at to the last chapter before the ban so there could technically be some romance that I'm not aware of.

I highly doubt it though and even if there were I'd trust the author enough to not ruin the novel.

16. lovegoround

lovegoround Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

You know his personality, Fang Yuan is a master manipulator who acts like a robot that hunts resources. He agrees to the 'marriage' so that he can get resources from her clan and he treats her well enough but she's just like any other of his manipulated slaves and only appears in a few chapters. He did have a romantic adventure in his past life with a mermaid woman but it's barely even touched on.

17. AbsoluteNothingness

Reading List:
    Link
    ..........................................I don't even know why people would ever even consider the thought of romance in RI after having read the first book(first 200). Can you guys really not understand tone and literally what the novel narrates?

18. Scholar of Eclipse

Scholar of Eclipse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a reason why I did so, and that's because of other novels that CLEARLY didn't have room for romance suddenly making it so. I remember one novel making the mc and someone friends (and the way the author deplays their relationship are supposedly simply friends) for a few years then leaving that girl. But what do you know, after DECADES of not meeting, the mc suddenly feels aroused by her and the friend felt the same, which doesn't make sense at all.

19. AbsoluteNothingness

Reading List:
    Link
    You think Fang Yuan is such a person or that author would write such a thing for Fang Yuan in this novel?

20. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Wu is shocked and uderestimated FY shamelessness
    Star venerable is shook with it aswell. And that invite reaction makes her look like a mortal with FY madness
    Even i underestimated the lvls this man could go

This hits real well since the tone of RI aint one that throws these things out often
    This novel is so far above the rest that it ain't even funny