Spoiler To Help You Understand

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ni-b, Jul 25, 2020.

1. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But you are defending him by going, "omg, he has TRAUMA."

Like plenty of people under go far more horrific abuse and aren't half as awful as him. I'm sorry, but trauma does not excuse people from becoming abusers. If that was the case, then a lot of rapist/murderers/abusers would be like, "BUT MAH PAST WAS ANGST, SO IT'S KAY." He might not have laid his hands directly on her, but neglect and emotional stuff ARE abuse. There's even laws against minors, elders, and I/DD that write that out.

If you neglect a child, they die.
    If you neglect your wife in these types of settings, they die.

Just because he's suddenly SORRY after she has to try to kill herself multiple times that he's like, wow, I can't just neglect her anymore, I'll be a good person doesn't make him a good person. This novel essentially her coming to terms she can't leave cause she's stuck in a fucked up situation due to his magical lineage and just comes to terms with that for her sanity. And somehow, he's a good person because he remembers she's a person too! WOW, SUCH ROMANCE.

Further more: his own magic lineage essentially forces him to treat her better. He made no willing choice or change of character on his own. He needed magic to change. THAT IS NOT ROMANTIC AND WHY IS HE IS TRASH TO THE END.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    TyShaye, Cyzzane, Rika77 and 34 others like this.
  2. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I've read he steals a land from MC and she even didn't notice, but later when she wants to give the land to her husband she somehow manages to buy the land from him for a reasonable price, he didn't want to lose that land, it was more like the MC extorted her brother... idk how to put the spoiler thing, sorry :sushi_sorry:

currently I only know that when ml found out what they did to his wife (not even knowing EVERYTHING they had done) he cut out all the money he gave to his "family", so they are in trouble now :sushi_cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2021
  3. Ahyoe

Ahyoe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because we needs drama. Seriously this kind of historical genre with reincarnation, isekai or fantasy element in it definitely not gonna be a mundane webtoon. But for real some author just love the FL to suffer and be a literal pushover in disguise of "kindness"

4. Ahyoe

Ahyoe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can use this format for spoiler
    https://steamcommunity.com/comment/Announcement/formattinghelp
    But seriously this forum need the spoiler tool. Sometimes i forget the format myself

Blablasimp and peach.pudin like this.
  5. Anika Ab

Anika Ab Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wasn't defending him though. I was just spoiling his past and my feelings about him. Yes not all traumas lead to being jerk or being ignorant but that's how they make excuses for MLs in novels. He was wrote to be afraid of being the one left behind and hate to be looked down on. I agree that he is trash and selfish (eventhough he had time to change until violet left he DIDNOT) and I really want him to suffer alot to get to our violet but as I said I can't hate him like some trashy MLs out there. That's All ^^
    I have to say their relationship is toxic and I rly hope ending convince me about them getting healthier relationship or I just prefer violet to have her freedom and leave him behind.

6. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoilers :aww:

7. _potato

_potato Keeps dropping novels ㅠㅠ

Reading List:
    Link
    Hallo decided to read this cause it seems sad (luv angst and sad XD)

this is part of chapters 18-19
    Winter, who saw it, grabbed her arm, took her into the room and held out a bag.

"I bought it when I was hungry, but it was too much."

"What is it?”

"Have you ever tasted doughnuts?"

"Yes, I've never tried it."

Violet took the envelope close to her face, smelled it, and exclaimed, "Ahhh~."

"It smells so good."

Fortunately, the response was good.

Two people sat in front of the table. Violet was bewildered by the sugar dripping on the table while taking out a sweet donut full of sugar.

“Oh ....”

"Don't worry. That's how you eat it."

Violet, somewhat relieved by Winter's words, started off with a little open mouth and a little bit of the end. Soon, however, when he saw Winter eating the doughnut with his mouth wide open, she also opened her mouth wide. said Violet, who was mumbling, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Oh, my god, it's so delicious."

It was quite different from the look of the person at the dinning room who said, "It's delicious," while eating the fried fish as if she were praising bad tasting food.

Violet quickly ate up a sweet, chewy doughnut. Winter, who saw the sugar on her mouth, smiled unconsciously. Violet blinked and asked.

"Why are you laughing?"

“so cute.”

“Who?”

"There are only two people here, and would I be cute?"

The word cute was so strange that Violet couldn't react. Since she was an adult, she was not a cute child at all, and after she became an adult, she didn't recieve much praise.

Which part was cute? while Violet was confused, Winter leaned back, placed his feet on a chair and drank a glass of rum. He opened his mouth.

"If you like the maid and the cook, take them to the Blooming family. I'll pay them enough to go that far."

"No, it's okay."

Violet shook her head.

Lulu and Turin were people who I met in the capital. I didn't want to show myself of being ostracized in the Blooming Mansion and often acting like I was insane even when I was sharing trivial stories with them.

My heart suddenly felt heavy at the thought of the tea party that stood in front of me whilst being so criticizing. She looked at Winter to change the subject.

"Oh, I've decided to kiss you in return. Shall we do it now?"(she lost her bet)

"I came with that in mind."

“Is that the reason?”

Violet rose from her seat. Then, standing in front of Winter, lightly grasped his shoulder and pressed her lips lightly with his lips as usual, then fell.

“Is it done?”

“not at all.”

"You said kiss. Is there a problem?"

Only then did Winter rise from his seat when Violet tilted her head. He placed the newspaper on the table, dropped it, grabbed Violet's waist with both hands, and sat her on the table.

Violet looked up at Winter.

"You can't sit on the table."

"I can kiss you."

Winter leaned over the table hand in hand. As the faces of the two became somewhat closer, Winter stopped and looked her eyes intensely.

Why are you not kissing me right away? Why are you so close?….

Violet leaned back a little unconsciously. Then Winter held her waist tightly in one arm and pulled her closer. Violet glanced softly at Winter's face, which had become too close. The masculine features, the neck, and the physique did not pose a threat to Violet. Rather, it made her wonder.

What on earth is the kiss he wants. as soon as she thinks, each other's lips touched.

Even the way she kissed her husband seemed completely different.

Just as her lips touched, Violet thought it was a familiar kiss, so there was little response. Although he made her especially nervous, she expected his lips to come off soon.

But Winter moved his lips, covered her own lips, and dragged her away with an amazement when he bit her lower lip and moved as if he was trying to find something in her mouth.

"What, what are you...….”

Violet's lips, which were about to fight back, were covered again by Winter, and both wrists, which were about to be pushed, overlapped and caught in one hand of Winter. He opened Violet's lips and pushed his tongue in. Violet was hardened by the first act she experienced in her life.

She was so surprised that she now seemed to have forgotten how to react, let alone rebel. The accident came to a halt because she thought he had taken over her mouth. Winter wound her neck with his hand and stroked her like a little beast as if it soothing her.

He was just going to push ahead, but when Violet couldn't breathe well, Winter was forced to let her go.

She had a puzzled look on her face, but now even that felt sweet to Winter. The rigid violet's expression had long melted away, and the archaic eyes were warm.

asked Violet, pesteringly.

"Isn't this what actors do? Why the tongue..."

"This is how I do it."

"I don't get it."

"Then just memorize it."

Winter has suppressed his sexual desire for three years to keep up with the Lawrence family tradition. I'm a money-making slave, I've been brainwashing myself, and now I've decided not to. It was after the topic of divorce(she asked to divorce her). At least, in front of Violet, his reason for imitating a gentleman fell apart.

Winter whispered in Violet's ear, slowly tidying up his broken breath.

"Did you forget how to breathe with your nose?"

"I was so surprised."

"You're a smart princess, so lets get used to it."

Violet has been faithful to all learning since childhood. Even if Winter's words were a joke, she was going to adjust quickly.

But as Winter's lips touched the nape of her neck, she closed her mouth with her hand, and almost let out a scream. He asked with his lips pressed.

"This is definitely a kiss, isn't it?"

“It's ....”

“No?”

It was difficult to distinguish between right and wrong. His way of kissing was so absurd. After mixing his tongue and acting strangely, Violet became sensitive to tension and felt her senses spread like flames wherever Winter touched.

Should I stop being so nervous? Winter thought for a moment, but he couldn't when he looked into Violet's eyes looking at him. It was himself who won the bet. There is no man in the world who stays still when his wife looks at him with those eyes and wins the bet.

Winter kissed her again. The excitement could have been cut off, but that wasn't at all. Rather, it was a waste of heat and his body fell this much. Winter eventually hugged her and sat down on the sofa. Violet was so shocked that he was not rebellious in the action.

Winter hugged Violet's waist in one arm and tied it tightly. Then the other hand touched her chest, and Violet was startled and scratched his shoulder with her fingertips while flinching.

Being wary of breaking Violet just by touching her, Winter thought he should just end it with a kiss today. The released heart soon crushed on the firm chest of the man.

The kiss continued, and gradually his temperature and violet temperature were equal. The same temperature made each other mistake each other's bodies for their own.

At one point, Violet unwittingly held Winter's neck in her arms. Winter was so proud of her while she was completely distracted that he gently stroked his fingers through Violet's hair.

Then, they heard a knock on the door.

"Little madam, I'll take care of your bed."

Violet, awakened by Lulu's voice, took off her lips.

"Oh, when is the time like that...….”

Looking at the clock, an hour had already passed. Violet turned to the door, touching her disheveled clothes, and said,

"I'm about to open it!"

And as I tried to get up, Winter hugged her waist and wouldn't let go. His hair was completely disheveled and the shirt was buttoned off in the process of touching each other's chests, revealing a wide, imposing chest.

Winter raised one eyebrow as he looked at Violet, who was struggling to get out of his arms with weak force.

"I told you I worked as a servant when I was a kid. I'll clean up the bed."

Violet almost nodded. But she soon shook his head quickly in search of reason.

"No, then what would Lulu think of us?"

"Tomorrow the bedding will be a lot more dirty, I will(?)."

What are you talking about, Violet, who had been agonizing for a while, tried to get out of his arms. only after that she realized the meaning of a very dirty bed with him and freaked out.

Winter felt a strong desire for his soft, soft wife in his arms, but thought of her dignity and let go of Violet with an anxious face.

Winter said, buttoning up:

"I'll go to the parties twice. Because if I go all three times, there's no point in betting."

"......really? Even though I lost?"

"Yes, even though you lost. I'll go with you because of my broad generosity."

Violet's eyes grew round and nodded. She said.

"I'll do it often."

"To bet on coming to every party to get me to participate in each one?"

"Yes, I want to."

Uhmm very bad with arguements so id appreciate not bashing the ML, FL or author nim while replying to my spoilers thanks

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    oblomov, boom2424, kay_c33 and 56 others like this.
  8. Knightly Reader

Knightly Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not at all. I read up to ch 25 on the russian sight and he is just really out of his depth in social situations and has a missconception that he can buy people's love. His mom left him and he worked as a slave before the duke took him in so he could exploit his money earning abilities. For the ML it was the happiest he had ever been to have someone glad to see him and not beat him and the only thing he had to do was give them money! He was never mad at her about the stunt her brother pulled but he did run off after the weading to try and save his company (since he was under the impresion such a lovely person would never stay with him if he did not have money to offer her). So he worked his ass of to make money so she could be "happy" like his parents completely unawear of how society would see her. Meanwhile his parents and her brother conspired to get all the money he left her, devistate her mentaly, and keept them from talking so their golden goose would not fly the coup when he figured out he didnt need their "love".

9. Knightly Reader

Knightly Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this were a modern day romance I would agre but seing as they were forced into the marage neither were ready for I would say this is less a case of neglect than a case of not having the emotional maturity and comunication skills nessisary to have an adult relationship. And that goes for both sides. If the ML trauma does not "excuse" his actions the FL trauma does not excuse her bottling up her emotions, making just as many assumltions about the ML as he does her, and placing unsaid expectations on the ML and then deciding her life is wothless if other people do not conform to her expectations of them. Your right this is not "romantic" this is 2 flawed individuals learning to comunicate and overcome trauma... its compelling but obviously over exagerated for the drama and I have low expectations that this book can pull off a satisfying resolution. However it really does not do anyone any good to start playing the blame game.

Cyzzane, Muskanoo, Juliew92 and 14 others like this.
  10. yserieh

Reading List:
    Link
    Forced into a marriage is all the more reason communication and mutual respect should happen if he was actually a decent human being. Compared to modern day "romance", women are treated like property and chess pieces. They are extremely reliant on their husbands if they want to live. Husbands literally control if their wives live or die in historic settings. This is a wild power imbalance people tend to forget in historic romances, as if women ever had the ability to say no or go their own way. They can't, unless widowed. Even then, they could be forced into another marriage unless they have a child and pending that child's gender and status. Women do not have autonomy of themselves.

This is the story of a woman at the mercy of her husband and his magical lineage, developing Stockholm syndrome in order to come to peace with her situation since she can't even really kill herself- she just body swaps- in order to keep her sanity while her husband learns to be nice to her so he's not so inconvenience with her suicide attempts and discomfort that he's actually a terrible person like the very people he disdains. No real romance, only forced change/understanding via magic to go in a certain direction so they can pretend to be peaceful and come to terms. There is no blame game, stop the victim blaming. You believe, as many others ignorant of women's history, that they are equals. They aren't. It doesn't matter if she was a princess, women marry into the man's family and surrender their dowry and titles to them. They are LESSER in these societies, even fantasy and fictional settings, then men. Doesn't matter if he had a terrible, sad past: he still had the freedom of choice, even now in his position, and he decided to neglect her.

11. Zsamia Savage

Zsamia Savage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You really don't understand human mentality don't you? If you want to understand the character,you need to be in their shoes. It's not easy. ITS NOT EASY. As someone with social anxiety myself, I find it hard to communicate my feelings due to the fact that I have lots of negative thoughts in my head. Honestly the only thing I hate about this manga is the overuse of suicide. But I understand their mentality. It's hard because I know why they would do that. I love how the author knows how to portray how people with depression and mental disorders like this think. Not everyone think like this but most of them especially those who have the extreme ones. I think to understand the characters we need to learn how hard things are for them. Like I said from the start. ITS NOT THAT EASY.

12. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    This has become an argument thread but, forgive me for joining in

I agree with you. It's not easy to change especially when we're drowned in trauma.

The ML has his own share of hurting the MC but, instead of calling him trash because the magic was what made him changed, to me, it's the essential driving force to grow his character. This ML is not the best but he's not as unredeemable like in most books on this site

Even though to be honest, I hope the MC would make him suffer more or just live the best of her life without him. She really needed to be away from her toxic family and in-laws

13. yserieh

Reading List:
    Link
    So social anxiety is now the excuse for abuse and neglect since trauma isn't working? He doesn't have a mental illness, he might have some depression- but did you read the novel or just trying to spin here? Because the way the novel is coming off, while he has trauma, he has no social anxiety or depression. He just has a sad ML background trope and the wife is expected to be the doormat to him through this. Minimizing her own pain and trauma when she has a forced dependence on him due to the setting. Then someday, pop! he's suddenly loves her and that makes all okay! Wohoo! How romantic she has to suffer and it literally took magic to make him a decent human being to her. No self change or motivation. Just some third party magic that trapped them.

Does your social anxiety make so your neglect people to the point of suicide in a era/society where the other human being is completely dependent on your good will? No, why are you inserting yourself into this? Why are you trying to whitewash him then?

Please keep trying to explain how one uses their (male) gender and social anxiety to hurt others with callousness because they have their own struggles? I can easily put myself in his shoes and its his apathy is the problem, and because you're saying it gives him an excuse/validation when that neglect and apathy is literally what is killing her. Furthermore, you don't even understand (fictional) historical settings and the role/authority he has over her and she has little autonomy of her own life.

I guess Happy Women's History Month, do some reading, please.

You really don't understand human empathy. I understand human mentality far better then you think, I'm a jaded old bitch whose been social worker for almost two decades. I've seen things that still has me in therapy and I served one of the most invisible populations in the US, I know what REAL HORROR of what neglect and apathy brings first hand.

OF COURSE IT'S NOT THAT EASY. BEING A GOOD PERSON IS NOT ALWAYS EASY. Yet people manage to do it through history and every day.

darkcrystal, Evachka, Rika77 and 12 others like this.
  14. Zsamia Savage

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol chill mate. I'm talking about how you say that they should've communicated. Not the ML. You need to calm down and read my reply again. I'm not even making it about me. I'm just saying that it's not easy to tell your feelings especially in asian countries and I can understand how the characters feel when communicating. You just wanted to invalidate me so badly xD. I'm not even defending anybody. Anyways. Think whatever you wanna think. No one is stopping you from hating the character. I'm just putting my thoughts on your statement. If you wanna hate him then go on. But please be a bitch somewhere else. You can reply properly without the attitude and with that. Have a good day !!

15. Zsamia Savage

Reading List:
    Link
    Me as well. I'm open for a redemption arc but he does need to suffer more.

16. yserieh

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading comments across multiple platforms on this novel and the whitewashing of another trash male is why I'm keeping my heavy tone. Your thoughts come off, again, as justification. I took my time to re-read what you wrote. I'm sorry if I just want "invalidate" your poor line of thinking. Maybe you are not explaining yourself clearly as you think.

I greatly dislike this author using his trauma as excuse to justify his behavior and allow him to be redeemed. We need more stories like Remarried Empress, where the FL just says, "kbye" and is able to exit the situation, instead of suffering till the male is redeemed. That he was just a poor misunderstood boy and through her suffering, he is redeemed. That is so gross. People with suicidal ideation and attempts often act on them multiple times, it wouldn't be that realistic if she was just one and done, especially in the personal hell she is in and trapped in.

darkcrystal, Evachka, Rika77 and 10 others like this.
  17. Rovvo

Rovvo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story makes my heart hurt :blob_teary: Each chapter she suffers more and more.

PS. I know they end up together, but could someone please PM me other novels/Manhwa where the female lead leaves the abusive guy that seemed to be the ML at the start of the story? I can only think of Remarried Empress

18. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    Get Rid of the Male God and Marry the Rich
    The Rich Ex-Husband Cries and Begs to Remarry
    The CEO’s Villainess Childhood Friend
    I Just Want to Freeload on Your Luck (involve the MC's family as well)

19. _potato

_potato Keeps dropping novels ㅠㅠ

Reading List:
    Link
    If i may butt in, reading the first few chapters and looking into the psychological development of the ML, its not that he is complete trash to begin with. He actually tries to understand her and adjusts to her pace.

With the trauma, this isn't the only reason why he acts like this. He wasn't loved as a child and only relied on money to gain what he wanted so all he knew was this. The parent who he thought was loving him, never taught him how to do thing properly. He never knew love as a child and acts like a child as a result(lacking empathy, has a temper, prone to be tackless and dense). (but he was smart, just bad with EQ)

Honestly i prefer stories like this that heal both their wounds since FL would cure ML and FL becomes strong enough to face her life ahead(isnt that another defenition of strength, to fight depression and win?) its not for the faint of heart

(btww i dunno about this this is just my opinion, not a psychologist haha)

Just saying but just think of him starting off as a child that matures after a long story(thats how i view him and semi understand his actions) the real villains are the people around them like the inlaws, FL's mom and her bro

Oh yah and anothing thingg... It has a tag of 후휘남 which is a regreting male lead so yeah.. If u guys dont wanna read it cause of the bad stuff he did.. Uhmm go read something fluffy instead. Bonk XD

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  20. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is not a child though, he's already an adult. At some point you're already old enough to be self-aware and understand your own actions without someone telling you so. The 'terrible ubringing' excuse can only get you so far. Sure it may explain why he acts the way he is but it doesn't make him innocent nor a victim of his terrible decisions which he himself chose to do of his own volition. The ML is just an entitled manchild who only regretted his actions when it was too late. MC also has a terrible ubringing and lives in a society where she has no freedom and where her gender is at a disadvantage yet she was no where near as shitty as her husband. So what's up with that?

Perhaps, ML should be given a chance to change his ways, but more than anything the MC deserves a better fate and a better ML for all the suffering she went through which IMO is even worse than his based on the power imbalance and their place in society alone. Sacrificing herself over and over just to redeem or heal the person who caused her pain isn't really a good character growth, it just meant that she does not respect herself and is nothing more than an accesory to give happiness to the ML.