Discussion If you don't like BL/Yuri, don't look.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by AmethystCherry, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title says, if it as it seems really bothering you then don't look. I get it it's your "opinion", I'm not posting to change your opinion about BL. I saw in a previous thread someone commenting that those who read BL and post about it should go somewhere else.. There are all kinds of posts on here about rebirth, kingdom building, system, harem or evil/villain MC & more etc. I don't see why BL should bother you so much? It really isn't a problem unless you make it out to be.

I would've rather not made a whole thread about this really, but everytime I come on here I always happen to see people complaining about BL/Yuri on Novelupdates, more often its BL because it's just guys doing it.This is a site for everyone, it isn't exclusive for a group of people.

2. Daja

Daja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don‘t mind them too much, there are trolls everywhere.
    \(^^)/

8oni, AmethystCherry and Isabelle like this.
  3. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Now..Now dont be a real hypocrite, you say dont look if it is bothering you but you did the same exact thing after looking my post. You went on to go on a rant about things you disliked, if it is like that for you it is like that for everyone mate.

teno likes this.
  4. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like all the novel genres NU has. That being said, there's room for everyone and I don't tell people to go somewhere else just because I don't like a certain genre. Live and let live.

5. Alairia

Alairia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I followed you here and I swear you're in the closet or something. Why go read a post named "If you dont like BL/YURI, dont look".

8oni, Lissi and Daja like this.
  6. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol no just let me be, the hate i got today is enough.

2215621_460s.jpg

Nana24 and Zeusomega like this.
  7. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see the problem with a little complaining, and I'm guessing you don't either in some circumstances since this thread is a complaint. So I guess the real issues is should some things be immune to complaints. Personally I don't think so. So long as the the complaining doesn't become too excessive a little complaining is fine in my opinion. Even times when what they are complaining about is something I personally like.

8. Alairia

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao just dont be a masochist and avoid genres you don't like

9. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not like i said i despise everyone who likes bl i just said why is there are so many bl here. Everyone are assuming things and ranting pretty defensively. If you re read my post you see no hate their.

10. AmethystCherry

Reading List:
    Link
    A hypocrite how? It's different. I'm not the one with a problem, complaining about people(including me) who like a certain genre that has nothing to do with you at all or their interests, just minding their own business lol.
    My post was just giving you a solution.

11. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not about genre here, you are complaining about why i was complaining. how is it not being hypocrite? Sometimes it is better to acknowelegde someone else opinion as well without being a arrogant prick.

12. Alairia

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone called rainbowturtle on your other forum that replied to you how many BL novels there were per 20 novels.
    '"""''''""Novel General: 2 BL out of 20 threads (putting aside the ones complaining about BL)
    Novel Discussion: 2 BL out of 20 threads
    Latest Chapter Discussion: No BL threads
    Spoilers: No BL threads. The majority are Korean romance novels
    I'm Looking For: 5 BL threads out of 20.
    Novel Pickup Request: 3 BL threads out of 20""""""""

It might vary day from day, person to person, but is it honestly that many BL novels today?

I only checked the "I'm looking for" section and it was indeed 5 BL threads out of 20.

by rainbowturtle btw, the only person who ressearched after 47 replies

13. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yea but 5/20 is pretty big for such niche genre, normally most nu dwellers are picky which is why the genre they like will never have many thread nor many people talking. You can see just within 2 hours my post without saying anything bad about bl, it is flooded by so many people but even if i trash talk about any other genre there will never be such traffic.

Bl is most popular genre here in nu for all to see, there is no denying it.

Elementarteilchen likes this.
  14. AmethystCherry

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not complaining about you, hypocrite.
    You started complaining first about us and a certain genre. So yes it's partly about genre here.

Also what do you mean acknowledge your opinion? You've already made it clear & It's okay to not like BL, just like it's okay to not like any other genre.. But you were complaining about BL taking over which is not true, and those who like BL would mostly react back.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Daja likes this.
  15. Alairia

Reading List:
    Link
    Because your title "This site is hijacked by BL, run for you life" and your first paragraph in the other forum "This site is getting wierder and wierder everyday,I do not see anything except bl everywhere. What happened to those innocent times when bl was rated shit by everybody?" clearly had negatives connotations to it. That's why people came after you (perhaps). People who read this genre will definitely feel sort of angry with what you wrote, even though you were just kidding lol

Either way, cheers

This from my pov at least

aShinyVaporeon, 8oni, Rumby and 2 others like this.
  16. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    It will take a while really for there to be a mass acceptance...worlds just in the last decade or so is seeing a growth in accepting it....

Its really cool seeing there being places on net already being open about it, but it will create friction with ones who not yet come to terms with the changed reality..

My point was- you will only be met with more cases such as these, better to accept there's a long fight ahead and counter the flaws then fret why theres always someone.

Ps- Not countering you lmao, just saying you shouldn't take these posts on yourself..

AmethystCherry likes this.
  17. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay fine just keep assuming things and to top it off, make it personal as well. Well done

@Alairia i meant its wierd for such niche genre to dominate ratings and popularity. You can clearly see i wrote why this niche genre is so popular here further below. If others want to cherry pick then that is fine as well.

Elementarteilchen likes this.
  18. Alairia

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont seem to understand, even if you wrote why this niche genre is so popular, what good could it do? First part still sounded negative. What would you consider reasonable ratings and popularity for such a genre?

19. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    About the title it was obviously troll title? Why would anyone take it seriously? I mean really?

Non bl community usually agree bl novels here have very inflated ratings compared to straight novels of our taste. If you find it surprising then you can ask in other non bl thread.

You might find it surprising but we are very critical of our novels and they usually have pretty poor rating even though story is actually good.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  20. Alairia

Reading List:
    Link
    I know its a troll title, I'm just saying people still might not like it
    I also noticed that some BL novels have ridiculously high ratings, almost all 4.4 and plus, so it's pointless for actual good BL novels to have a rating of 4.6-4.7

I read pretty everything, BG, GL and BL, whatever genres. So no, I don't really find it suprising?

Daresan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.