Spoiler The Gap Between You and Me / 그대와 나 사이의 간격

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Jan 22, 2021.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-gap-between-you-and-me/

https://ridibooks.com/books/2093062097

Description:
    Harrieta, the eldest daughter of a Viscount from the countryside, has a crush on Edwin, the heir to the most influential and wealthiest family in the kingdom.

She knew it was a futile dream, so she didn’t say a word to him.

And then the news of his engagement came suddenly.

When Harrieta, who had been suffering from a broken heart, finally began to recover, she heard,

“Learn their faces. From now on, these s*aves will live with us together here.”

Edwin had come as a s*ave to Harrieta’s house.

“The more the restriction, the more the oppression will be. But Miss Harrieta… I’d be glad to accept it, if it were by you.

“Wha… what?”

Suddenly talking about restriction and oppression. Herrieta couldn’t understand Edwin’s strange request and asked him what he meant with a puzzled look. But instead of answering her question, Edwin silently pulled her hand close to him.

“’I, Edwin, recognize you as my only lord and purpose of my existence….”

Edwin bowed his head and kissed carefully on the back of her hand. His breath that brushed her hand, was hot.

“…So please do not hesitate to wield me, as I am your faithful sword and your faithful servant.”

It was part of the Knight’s pledge, the Pledge of Allegiance, that the knighted person would recite to his future lord.

The noble and high Edwin, with whom she couldn’t even make eye contact once, was now at her feet.

—————

Waiting for spoilers~:cookie:

Tiis_Ganda, DOHere, binashii and 11 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder
    Official Name: The Distance Between Us
    Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
  3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    My~ From the synopsis, how the turns have tabled :cookie:

4. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, how did he became a slave? Don’t tell me it’s all because of her family or something that they have to do with. Then he’s taking revenge with sweet serenades before the coming of painful stab?

6. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Failed Treason according to some kr review i read.

Harrieta (FL) is a daughter of rural Viscount, unlike girls of her age, she was somewhat tomboyish as she like equestrianism and archery. Before her coming of age ceremony she got into an accident. Her parents sent her to her Aunt in the Labant(capital) so that she can learn how to socialize with aristocrats and also find a suitable marriage prospect for her.

Edwin (ML) heir to the Redford Dukedom and became a slave after his family got implicated in a failed rebellion. His family was all killed except him because of his close relationship with the prince. He was named '1154' as a slave and was abused(sexually?) by his previous masters.

Harrieta (FL) lived with her Aunt Lyrian when she was in the capital, Labant. She attended some aristocrat's social gathering and during one gathering she saw Edwin (ML), an heir to the Redford Dukedom. When she saw ML eye to eye, it was love at first sight for our FL and because of extreme tension she almost collapsed. ML approached FL and asked her if she was okay, her Aunt noticing her niece in the not-so-good state took her away FL was not able to have a decent conversation with ML. Her aunt told her that its all in vain and told her not to 'try and look for higher trees to climb' (referring to social status difference). FL taught to herself that it was difficult to forget.

As she wanted to have more opportunity to see ML, she stayed in the capital but the moment she heard the news of MLs engagement to the most beautiful girl in the capital, the only daughter of Marquis of Rich Cornell, she felt her world collapsing. Thinking that there were no reason to stay in this place anymore, she went back to her home, Filioche.

A year later after returning to her hometown, her father, Baodore brought some people to her and introduced them as their slaves and would be living with them in their home/place. Seeing that one of the slave resembled ML, FL passed out.

FL had a conversation with her father about the slaves and her father told her that he received the slave as a gift from Marquis MacNott, but she wasn't sure if the gift her father received has some meaning.
    FL came to remember about some strange rumors she heard/read from her Aunt Lyrian's letter about some recent event in the kingdom. A while later, FL received a letter from her Aunt about a treason, fall and annihilation. FL contemplating on the contents of the letter and concluded that the slave her father brought was Edwin. ML asked FL if she knows her and of course FL lied she didn't. FL wanted to see ML's reaction(not sure about this sentence). FL asked ML what he will do if she knows that he is a nobleman from Redford family, and ML seems to be a little angry and asked her how did she know and who told her. He asked FL if he wanted him to crawl like a dog, or even satisfy her desire(seems like ML got sexually abused as a slave). Seeing FL's response when she trembled, he added FL was not her type and would have to use a strong medicine for that. FL got distracted by what ML said. She apologized for saying/asking, as she thought of herself and imagined their first meeting, and felt sorry for that she did not know what happened to him after those events.

After a series of interaction, ML did not understand why FL was like that to him, his wall broke down bit by bit and the his impression on her change little by little. ML thought that FL was different from the young girls he knew before, she had a different charm. ML thought that it was just sympathy coming from the FL. During this time FL is still hiding her affection for ML.

Days go by and it was time for FL to go back to the capital, it was for her coming of age ceremony and to find for a suitable marriage prospect. ML knew he couldn't leave Filioche as he was just a family slave of FL's family. The day FL left for the capital he sneaked as a porter to follow FL. Of course FL was happy that she could see ML anytime.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  7. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh interesting:cookie: hope there’s more spoilers:aww: Thx

shxxxxbi1027 likes this.
  8. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  9. AmyraRegan

AmyraRegan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did ml followed fl ?? Were they on good terms?
    How will ml fall in love with fl? And how will he able to free himself from slavery?
    Is there any love rival for fl? What about ml's ex fiancee? They were going to marry. Were they in love before his family? declined?

10. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoil!!!!!

P.S - Looking through the comments, there is also a second male lead and he's also favoured by the readers. I think.

Also one of the comments were bashing the Female Lead because her younger brother Hugo died and other family members died and it had to do something with her own decisions?

Please confirm someone, I'm only able to vaguely understand the comments cause I'm reading them through MTL.

MTLed comments :
    #1 I understand how to die, live, lose, roast, and cry for each other, killing the king, destroying the country, and crushing the neighboring country. Have you ever lost your memory after meeting Edwin? #Hugo no guilt

#2 Edwin is good, but Namjo is also good. And in fact, there were areas where I didn't understand Yeoju's behavior. It seems that Yeo-ju is responsible for the death of her family, even though it is a rural young-ae...

So in conclusion, and also based on one of the comments, it is a happy yet heartbreaking ending. They did end up together, but the trials and separation scenes were much longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2021
    TrinaAngel, its0k, Grace34 and 10 others like this.
  11. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML's family was framed for treason. The ex fiancée of ML is a good woman, she saved him and her father, the Marquis sent him as a slave to FL's father's house.

Bernard wins the best second ML's title

#via~comments

•Im trying to buy Vol 1. I'll return to drop some spoilers if succeeded.

12. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened? Did the Ml cleared his family’s name? How did he fell in love with the mc? And what did the ml do when he learned that the mc fell in love with him first but did not just pursue her feelings?

13. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 I have the same questions, more spoilers plsss anyone:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

14. OtomeAddict

OtomeAddict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked at a few naver reviews mtl’d and found a few things that aren’t mentioned?
    The name of the second ML is:
    Prince Bernard. He’s apparently a sweet man who prioritizes FL’s feelings. He’s the type that is happy as long as FL is happy. She stays a weak damsel (reviews made a distinction that she is really shaky as opposed to just fragile/weak) in the story so she apparently calls on him to save Edwin (ML) which he obliges.

Apparently in the story there will be:
    A long period of physical separation between the FL and ML. The separation was in part due to some sort of misunderstanding. Apparently this is characteristic of this author. Edwin (ML) becomes a commander of an enemy country.
    Everyone says there’s a lot of “sweet potatoes” as in the story being unsettling or frustrating.

Edwin’s character further into the story
    He develops a somewhat obsessive (?) heart for the FL, like he cannot be without her. This development of romantic feelings comes from her good nature. But he apparently still a good man so not the problematic type of darkened ML I guess.

15. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Edwin was supposedly sexually assaulted and was forced to do humiliating things cause when MC finds him and he asks her if she knew him and she said yes, he's like oh so what you gonna do? Make me like a dog and loiter, laugh on me, humiliate me or drug and me? You've to use a much higher amount of aphrodisiac cause you're not my type and saying this he's about to open up her dress and she screams at him and says this is not you, what happened to you and then started crying, Edwin seeing her reaction too freezes and starts to break up in tears cause he never cried in his entire life and this time he feels like he wants to.

Edwin was left alive on the mercy of the Crown Prince and was forcefully given to MC's father by a noble because he owed MC's father a debt. The real cause of Edwin being given to MC'S household was that there no one would recognise Edwin, I think it was in the orders of Crown Prince to help his poor friend.

Edwin has slowly formed feelings for MC who selflessly helps him and the only one who's respectful to him of who he really is.

So MC goes to the capital for matchmaking and Edwin follows her there, they does into a dress shop where they run into Edwin's ex fiancée who hugs and cries saying she missed him. MC is shocked and avoids Edwin who had now quite knows that she is in love with him. He wants to talk to her but she's strictly avoiding him.

Edwin does not love his ex fiancée Vivienne, it was strictly a political relationship from his end.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2021
  16. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    So the Volume 1 ends with Edwin finding Herietta who was ignoring him after the Vivienne meeting matter.

Edwin came to her at night and Henrietta gets scared but when she opens her eyes, she finds him kneeling and bowing to her. Edwin asks her to not throw him away or ignore her cause he never felt anything for Vivienne and it was all before meeting him, the engagement. Him and Vivienne just were politically binded and he was just a bit surprised meeting her. He also wasn't aware of her presence until she ran towards him. Henrietta got down to his level and end up tearing telling him that the reason she was avoiding him cause when she came home she thought what would happen if Edwin had feelings for his ex fiancée and wants to stay with her, she became jealous and thinks that no matter what Edwin wants he is Henrietta's slave and she will just drag him back and lock him up These thoughts terrifies Henrietta who then thinks that she's no different from Edwin's previous owners whom she despise so much. After revealing her reason for avoiding him she felt ashamed to look at him but Edwin held her hand and made her look into his eyes and said that he's fine with her owning him which shocks Henrietta who never wants to enslave Edwin, this is the time when the oath take place -
    Henrietta doesn't understand the importance of the oath cause she wasn't much aware of chivalry and knights.

Volume 1 ends.

17. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 2 introduce us with Henrietta being invited to a ball thrown by Vivienne, she also request her to bring Edwin. After much persuasion Edwin agrees to meet Vivienne. The enjoy the ball for a while until Vivienne asks for an audience, she wants to talk to Edwin alone but Edwin doesn't and is hesitant. Henrietta assures him that he should listen to what she says cause Vivienne also said that what she's going to say may welcome Henrietta to danger. Henrietta leaves but she's quite jealous though she manages to gulp her emotions down with a glass of red wine.

Vivienne tells Edwin that his family may probably be framed, she also request him to remove his mask, although he's hesitant but removes it when she points out he's being rude. Vivienne bitterly smiles and says once she hoped that distance between them would shorten but now it's much wider and she's glad to meet him again and now she can let go of the vague feelings she held for him.

Meanwhile, a tipsy Henrietta clashes with a noble called Sean who's coming from terrace after doing quite deep business with a woman whose waist he was holding. He's quite rude and was more on fault but demands an apology from Henrietta and is about to slap her but Edwin arrives in nick of time and saves her. He also punches Sean, who recognised Edwin.

Sean, is a noble who was on par with Edwin's family but always below him, he loved Vivienne but when she accepts Edwin's proposal, he slips into women and alcohol, he's after Edwin and also follows him to Henrietta's house where he humiliates them both, Henrietta is about to kneel in front of him cause Sean asked Edwin to kneel and now, but Edwin does it before Henrietta can fully do what Sean has said. Sean had an inferiority complex and hates Edwin from the bottom of his heart.

Sean also manages to get Vivienne who complies cause she doesn't want him to harm Edwin.

Though he manages to create havoc by conscripting Hugo, 12 year old brother to military.

Edwin meets the Prince by requesting Marquis, at first he's denied but when Edwin says he know about the prophecy, they let him meet the Prince who's shocked as the conscription of youngsters is from the age of 16, turns out it was due to Sean, who's family also responsible for investigation, Sean threatens Henrietta to fake as king's illegitimate child and marry the rival kingdom's second prince Bernard - our second male lead.

Though Edwin was able to relieve them of Hugo's problem, but even a bigger problem has arrived.

So the prophecy was that Redfort family will destroy the Kingdom and the king will be remembered as last of the royals and the owner of throne.
    There's this OP prophetic woman who's blindly followed by the king, it was due to her Prophecy the Redfort's were king, she said to kill the Duke but the king annihilated the entire family in fear of that one day they will rise and will voice the injustice done to the.
    Edwin managed to survive cause of the Crown Prince, who requests his father though he's warned by the woman that if he's left alive, one day he may come back to bite 'em all but CP brushes her off and says that unlike his father he won't believe everything that she says. The woman answers him that she knew he won't stop and won't listen to her but one day will surely regret not listening to her advice.

18. xpeanut

xpeanut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my heart- I really love this story so far. Thank you soo much for the spoilers. :blobxd:

19. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Sean was planning a rebel against Bernard's Empire, they wanted to break the treaty and win the Kingdom. This is why they needed a replacements princess for it, and he selected Henrietta cause if his personal grudge with Edwin.

As promised to be Henrietta, Hugo was said to be free and Henrietta sent Edwin to bring him back home while he herself disgusted as king's illegitimate (yes he knew it, it was planned by them) and rode towards Bernard's kingdom along with a maid (who was a noble).

When Edwin arrived to fake Hugo, he was met with the answer that he's late and Hugo was already sent off to the war.

Henrietta's carriage is attacked but she and the maid manages to make it till the morning by hiding in the bushes but sadly are captured, Henrietta understood that it was all planned by Sean who in the name of taking revenge against the killing of king's blood would invade the kingdom.

The maid dies and Henrietta is severely wounded but manages to stay alive. She's taken in by Bernard whom she mistakes as a knight and jokes around. Bernard grew fond of her cause of her antics. She falsify herself as the princess's maid and it is deemed as the princess is dead which is informed back in her kingdom.

The heartless king consoles the noble maid's father as don't cry, my daughter too has been killed. As if.

Henrietta asks Bernard to sent a message that she's safe to the Mackenzie mansion but the letter arrives as it is cause Hugo Mackenzie the eldest son of Mackenzie household died on the battlefield, the parents passed away cause of grief, the whereabouts of the eldest daughter has been missing. The household's servant too passed away.

In real, as it was all planned, they wanted to wipe the household from the beginning so they killed her parents. But opposite of what they thought, Henrietta survives. Bernard also finds out her original identify and Henrietta is in a shocking state and contemplates suicide but is saved by Bernard who tells her to take revenge against those who destroyed her family.

Volume 2 ends.

Indeed the story gives similar vibes to the Wastelands Spring Breeze.

The story is extremely beautiful, sad and captivating. I'm in just love with the writer's way of writing. My heart cried when I read about what happened to Henrietta's family.

20. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I have no words for Sean. It was ruthless of him to wipe out FL's family.

This story is truly interesting. I'm hoping to read more spoilers~