Spoiler My Wife is back

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest raws show the psycho step brother plotting with that evil brunette...Any spoilers on that?
    Also what happens to her family and the step brother later in the novel ?

Ceilo27, TaoTie and RakaSarkar like this.
  2. emilyfxv

emilyfxv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant to share something about the confusion surrounding the kid, I don't think the webtoon did a good job showing that

Before Muwon and Yurae's first meeting, Muwon had a drink with his close friend. I forgot his name, so let's call him Doctor. Doctor said he saw Yurae in China with a kid. Muwon briefly wondered if it was his, but they did the math. The child was too young, so they immediately assumed that Yurae has remarried and now has a child. Muwon was so bitter about this. He knew it was his rule that they use contraception when they were together but he secretly desired to have his own child. In flashbacks, it was revealed that before Yurae asked for divorce, she was sick and he suspected she was pregnant. The day when she asked Muwon if they can talk about a serious matter, Muwon actually thought she was going to tell him she was pregnant, and despite his fears and reservations, he was already curious about how a child who resembles him and his wife would look like and how it would feel to have one. Imagine his surprise when that talk turned out to be about divorce instead of pregnancy, and it turned out Yurae was sick because of the stress she had to go through to prepare the divorce papers.

So anyway, in their first meeting, when he treated her poorly, it was partly because he was so bitter about that assumption of her having a new husband and child. Also, in that part where she left her phone in his hotel room, he searched her social media accounts for any clues about her husband, all the while thinking that that man stole that future from him. When he saw the pictures showing how happy and vibrant Yurae is now, he resolved to accept that their marriage was really over. But of course that didn't last long. He found out she's single and you know he couldn't really get ahold of his emotions at that point.

Tamyave, TaoTie, Foxloverxp and 27 others like this.
  3. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I just skimmed that part of the novel 'cause I found it cringey and too convenient a plot device. Anyway, yeah, there's some conniving there. Don't trust me on these bits -
    That psycho stepbrother has a dark past, like he is evil ever since he was young and caused Yurae misery. Somewhere along the story he committed a crime, murder, I think. It will come to light and he will be held accountable for it, but it will tarnish Yurae's family's image. Muwon will be able to obtain evidence, a recording of some sort, about that plotting between the brunette and the stepbrother, which will put an end to that storyline. I have to go back and read the novel as I don't recall what happened to them but they'll get their comeuppance. Oh, and that lawyer friend, the one Muwon perceived as his rival, will be instrumental in resolving their family/business issues.
    Sorry, that's the extent of my memory about that. I couldn't stomach fictitious business/family issues, especially in conglomerates. I generally find them absurd, that's why I skim and forget them as soon as I can so they don't spoil the story for me.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much

5. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait wait they will have sex after their misunderstand is solved or before (i hope after)

6. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm procrastinating on something, so I kept answering. LOL, but I'm gonna buckle down and do something productive after this I swear hahaha
    It was before. They've been having sex before they have to face that particular issue. I mean, since the beginning they are aware that Yurae is in Korea only because of the contract, right? And it's going to end, but that didn't stop them from dating, including all the activities that dating entails (spending time together, flirting, intercourse) They sort of skirted around the issue of her going back and didn't face it until the end date is looming. At that point, a lot of other things has happened and being with Muwon meant they'll have to deal with her family, his family, business, and the fact that he is a high-profile CEO with so much publicity around him. So in her mind, it will be easier for both of them to just end it. Then she revealed her heart's desire to him in a drunken stupor and that sort of gave him the determination to persuade her stay this time. She didn't need much convincing though; they're very much in love when they had to face that decision. He asked her to stay and she did. Then later, when he had problems which he tried to deal with on his own, she made sure that he knows she's there and took care of him.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Tamyave, Ceilo27, TaoTie and 20 others like this.
  7. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    Take this with a grain of salt, okay? My Korean is appallingly bad, so I took some liberties with it.

A small part of Chapter 15 in the novel. This appears as Chapter 56 I think in the raw manhwa.

"Would you like to sleep together?"

A great shock swept through Muwon's body. He took a breath and asked: "What does that mean?"

"What do you mean?" she responded.

"Do you mean literally sleep in the same bed? Or do you mean sex?"

"Muwon, do whatever you want."

Whatever I want. Those were tempting words from Yurae's mouth, but he managed to cool himself down. This was not what he wanted. Like Yurae, he didn't want sex devoid of emotions as before. He lightly patted the space next to him on the bed. "Come on."

Yurae walked quietly and lay down next to him. He straightened the pillow, covered her with a blanket, stretched his arm out so she could lean on him, and then kissed her forehead. "Good night."

Yurae was surprised by his actions. "Just sleeping?"

"Why not?" he said.

"That's..."

"I'm sure about myself, but you asked me for time and you still don't seem to be sure of me."

Yurae stared at him. Muwon knew about her life in Seongbuk-dong through Doyoon, but he thought it's better to hear about Yoohyun's deeds from Yurae herself.

She started to speak. "I thought my mother took the money and sold me in Seongbuk-dong. My stepmother and Yoohyun (stepbrother) told me that. I resented my mother throughout my life in Seongbuk-dong. I thought what's the point of giving birth to someone you're going to treat that way? But the truth was my mother was sick. So sick she couldn't raise me herself."

"What kind of disease was it?

"I heard that it was stomach cancer at first, which later spread to her liver. Her condition was critical, but she could've lived if she had a liver transplant. But they hid it from me in Seongbuk-dong..."

Yurae heaved a deep breath, "because of our marriage."

Muwon's gaze hardened.

"Because our marriage was essential for the business. My mom died on our wedding day. After all knowing that, I didn't want to remain married the way they would've liked. From the moment I entered Seongbuk-dong, I've never decided anything on my own. Except for my divorce from you."

It was then that Muwon understood the meaning of the overlapping dates.

"I thought that my relationship with Seongbuk-dong was over. I didn't expect for Yoohyun to appear again. And my father, he knew how much I missed and struggled without my mother. My father knew...."

"Muwon held her hands, let her cry, and wiped her tears. The things she had to go through made his heart ache. He stroke her hair and back for a long time and waited for her tears to subside.

"What can I do for you?" he asked.

"You are doing more than enough. I have no words to express how much you have already done for me."

"Is it because of Seongbuk-dong that you refused to reunite with me?

"It's part of it, but not all. Do you remember what I said earlier? I have never decided anything for myself. I want to live my own life, make my own decisions. That way, I won't feel sorry for my mother."

"Yes, you can do whatever you want."

Yurae buried her face in his chest. The moment she felt his familiar warmth and body, she thought she clearly knew what she wanted: she wanted a future with him.

---Not yet in the manhwa. I'll skip the plot points on the Yoohyun / Manager Han situation. They'll be apart for some days during that time. --

Muwon said he was going to stay at the hotel he had been in before for a few days. Secretary Kim drove Yurae home from work.

"Why is he staying at the hotel and not here?" she asked.

"Because he has to meet a lot of people."

"What has he been doing?"

"That's hard to tell. I'm sorry."

Yurae nodded at Secretary Kim who had a serious expression on his face. She'll have to ask Muwon herself.

After gathering the necessary things and handing them over to Secretary Kim, Yurae suddenly remembered the old days. Even at the beginning of their marriage, Muwon traveled abroad frequently. There were far too many days he wouldn't come home. Sometimes, she wouldn't see his face for a month. She didn't feel anything was wrong then, but now, she felt like there was a hole in her heart. The department store sales were going smoothly, and despite the threat from Yoohyun, everything was peaceful.

I want to see him. She missed Muwon and wanted to see him much more than he knew and felt.

Yurae tossed and turned in bed for a long time. Because she couldn't sleep, she opened the door to Muwon's bedroom. As expected, it was monotone and decorated in light blue tones. She stepped into the room. His scent and the smell of his perfume were smeared on the bedding. Yurae stroked the pillow a few times and buried her face in it. Perhaps because of the familiar scent, the storm in her heat stabilized. She held his pillow tight and finally found sleep.

She was still in the early stages of sleeping when she felt someone's presence inside the blanket.

"Muwon?"

"Did I wake you?" he said.

"Are you really here?"

"Yes, it's over now."

She didn't know what was over but she liked that he's back.

"I missed you so much it felt like dying," Yurae muttered as she buried herself in his arms. Sincerity poured out of her and she felt Muwon smile in the dark. He stroked her hair silently.

"I haven't slept five hours in three days," he replied.

"Oh my god. What kept you so busy?"

"There was something I had to deal with."

[....]

Yurae took his hand. "Sleep then." Muwon embraced her, bringing her closer to his heart. Now that she was finally in his arms, the fatigue of the past days seemed to disappear like snow melting away. In a low voice, he added. "It will be noisy for a little while."

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Tamyave, TaoTie, Foxloverxp and 25 others like this.
  8. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    Do let me know if there's any chapter you're interested to read about and I can try to share some details.

9. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey hey canu you post of the chapter where fl will try to leaave that part and when she will be drunk and tell him that she does not want to hehe

10. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    "So what are you gonna do?"

It was late in the day. Yurae sat down in the living room, facing Jun-hee while drinking soju. They often drank wine or beer together, but it's been a while since they had soju. Was the last time they drank this three years ago on the day she got that divorce judgment in court? That day, Jun-hee asked her the same question.

Yurae answered after eating a spoonful of egg rolls. "The head office has already found a replacement for me. He will manage all branches and online sales in the Korean branch. They told me he's coming to Korea this week. He is a third-generation Korean and speaks the language."

"And you?"

"I...I have to go to America." She smiled bitterly and emptied her glass.

"What about Muwon Choi?"

"We have to break up."

"What?" Jun-hee exclaimed.

"It's funny to say break up when we're already divorced. The public won't care about what kind of relationship I have with Seognbuk-dong and whether or not I am related to Lee Yoohyun. They'll just remember me as the sister of a psychopath criminal. They'll blame me, Muwon, and Sungwon group."

Yoohyun's story was still fresh in the mind of the public and there was great interest about his antisocial personality disorder. Sungwon Group was controlling the media, in order to protect the family. But revealing her existence in this situation would hurt the image of both Muwon and Sungwon Group.

"Nevermind that. Don't you and Muwon Choi love each other? How can you break up?" Jun-hee asked.

"I don't know how to say his, but we have to break up because of that. I like him. Even though I knew from the beginning that we can't be together, I pursued this relationship. I wanted to be happy while I stayed here. I became greedy, and this is what happened."

Jun-hee poured her another glass of soju and the number of empty bottles began to pile up. When Jun-hee went to the bathroom, Yurae felt her forehead and realized she was drunk. She remained lying down on the living room and cried, watching her tears wet the floor.

A few moments after closing her eyes, she felt someone hold her. It must be a dream, she thought, and even with her eyes closed in a dream, she knew at once who that person was. "Muwon," she muttered in her sleep. A big hand patted her. It was warm and soothing, she relished the feeling of being pampered. I want to remember this person, without exception. The memories of loving and being loved. I hope I can meet you in my dreams like this again sometimes.

It was already bright when she opened her eyes again. She drank a lot yesterday, but she didn't feel heavy or have any headache. Was it because of that good dream?

No matter how much she tried to remember it, she doesn't recall coming to bed. Did Jun-hee move her? Jun-hee would've only covered her with a blanket. She also remembered being held by someone in her sleep. Muwon. She recalled him saying something like I got it. What was it that he got, she wondered.

She ventured out into the kitchen and found Jun-hee, who said: "You're up early? I thought you'd still be asleep because we drank a lot yesterday."

"Something happened," Yurae said. "Did Muwon come here yesterday?

Jun-hee replied, "Yes, not long after you fell asleep. He carried you to your room, then left."

Jun-hee opened the lid of the boiling pot. When Yurae looked inside the delicious smelling pot, she saw large abalones and bean sprouts. Surprised, she asked Jun-hee, "What's this?"

"It's hangover soup. Muwon had it delivered this morning for you. Thanks to you, I have my share too," Jun-hee said.

Yurae stared while Jun-hee was scooping soup like it was a prize, and asked, "Did you tell Muwon anything yesterday?"

"No. Why?"

"I just remember him saying he knew something, but what was it? I don't recall. I'll probably just ask him directly."

It felt important, Yurae thought. She tried to divert her curiosity and comfort herself with the hangover soup. After a satisfactory meal, she went on to begin washing the dishes, but Jun-hee hurriedly walked to her holding her mobile phone.

"Oh, we're in trouble," she said.

"What is it?"

"An article," Jun-hee read, " The supposedly ordinary woman Muwon Choi is dating, is actually Muwon Choi's ex-wife."

[What follows is some kind of a TV show where this juicy gossip was discussed. Sorry, I don't really feel like translating that.]

TaoTie, saphhh, yukihibari and 16 others like this.
  11. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after this when they talk and she wont go to america (they confess to eachother) i wanna see that one

TaoTie likes this.
  12. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. Workin' on it. That's a short one.

13. Aka Bittu

Aka Bittu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ty mate

14. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    Here you go

Muwon turned off the TV upon hearing the sound of the front door opening. He can tell by the sound of her footsteps that she was very angry.

"What the hell are you thinking?"

From the moment she heard the story from Jun-hee to the time she took a taxi to his officetel, Yurae's head was a mess. It wasn't speculation. It wasn' t gossip spread by Muwon's aunt. It was a press release from Muwon Choi of Sungwon Department Store! Dozens of articles have already been posted about it while the scandal that erupted against Sungwon Group with Lee Yoohyun's investigation is still not over yet. Why did he create this situation?

However, the object of Yurae's anger, the man who could answer her questions remained calm, as if nothing was happening. "Did you eat the hangover soup?" he asked.

"That's not what's important now. Why did you issue that press release? I'm going to America anyway. It's only a matter of days and everything will go away naturally!"

"You said you didn't want to break up."

"I beg your pardon?" she replied angrily.

Muwon merely stood up and approached her. "You said so yesterday. You don't want to break up."

Memories of the previous night flashed before her eyes:

She was lying in his arms and said: "Muwon"

"Yes?"

"I don't want to break up."

"I got it," he replied.

No way, Yurae thought. He acted that way after that simple conversation. She raised her voice at him. "Are you crazy? Do I mean that much to you?"

"Your mother sent you to live in Seongbuk-dong and your father turned away from you. Were you happy?"

"..."

He continued. "I never thought of denying our relationship from the beginning or of breaking up with you. It's enough to be divorce once. But I couldn't make a clear decision because I was afraid it would be hard on you. But after I found out that you feel the same, there is no longer a reason for me to hesitate. You've felt this before, haven't you? When your mother disappeared, didn't it feel like half of your world disappeared too? You are my entire world. Don't make my world disappear from me."

She couldn't answer. She recalled what she had said to Julia before: "I don't think parents can judge a child's happiness. She can be happy next to her mom who has to work and unhappy next to her rich dad. Isn't it more important that you want to live with Sue?"

In the end, Yurae realized, she tried to make the same choice. Tears formed in her eyes.

"I need you," Muwon said.

"You may regret it," she replied.

"There's nothing to regret. I've already made my decision."

Yurae started crying after hearing that. Muwon embraced her, kissed her tearful cheeks, and stroked her hair. He planted featherlight kisses across her face and whispered, "I love you." Throughout their kiss, their eyes remained fixed on each other, as if making sure that the other is really there.

If their previous night was slow and sweet, this one was intense and hot. They didn't even reach the bedroom in their haste to get rid of each other's clothes. Yurae felt like she would explode and her heart would burst as their bodies touched and got entangled. Yurae put her arms around Muwon and hugged him tightly.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  15. beeyaahmor

beeyaahmor Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :)Can annoy spoil about Yurae's pregnancy? How did Mowun handle his trauma?

16. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do they have a child?

17. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    Short answer: He handled the trauma by drawing strength from Yurae. They have two children, both unplanned.

Long answer:

He never overcame his trauma. Until the end of the novel, he couldn't celebrate his birthday and was always concerned about contraception.

They found out Yurae was pregnant with their first child when they were about to get remarried. She fainted, and since they were always so careful, they both doubted she was pregnant until the doctor confirmed it. For Muwon, it brought back memories of when she was sick during their first marriage and he thought she was pregnant, only for it to turn out to be caused by the stress of her secretly preparing divorce papers. So, he asked her if the remarriage was stressing her out or if she still has doubts about doing it again. He's concerned about her health and wouldn't push through their second wedding if it was making her sick. Yurae reassured him that she wanted to get married to him again. And then when it was confirmed that she was pregnant, she reassured him that his mother's death wasn't because of him.

In the epilogue, it was stated that he suffered through the pregnancy with her. He was anxious the entire time, had nightmares and woke up in cold sweat, in fear of her dying. But he supported her throughout. He even learned how to bake her favorite bread (Taiyaki) and made his own healthy version of the bread to make sure that she stays healthy, even though she's eating a lot of it because of her cravings.

Second child was conceived in the bath tub. He knew it because it was the one time he didn't use a condom as they were already into it in the bath and they opted for the withdrawal method just for that time. There was a bit of drama when Yurae found out she was pregnant again. She knew he didn't want another child cause he's so scared of losing her. When she told him, he immediately went out of their house and Yurae thought it was because he couldn't accept the pregnancy. It was resolved quickly though; it turned out he merely went out to retrieve the special machine he used to bake her favorite bread when she was pregnant the first time. He told her he was happy, although he was still scared.

In the supplementary story, he brought up the idea of getting a vasectomy. They already have two toddlers at that time. Yurae wasn't against it but told him that they've been good with contraception after their second child. He responded that it's because they weren't having as much sex as before because of their kids. After realizing that, they then planned their second honeymoon. They ditched the kids, went to Dubai, and made up for the missed sexy times. The vasectomy discussion was left open-ended, but they packed a box of condoms for their trip. Ending was them being all lovey dovey on their second honeymoon.

18. emilyfxv

Reading List:
    Link
    Just caught up reading the official manhua. Looks like they did a good job showing the ML as an immature person who’s unwilling to admit his love for his ex-wife. In his defense -

At that stage (the current chapters in the official manhua), he thought Yurae rejected him. Her reaction after his drunken confession was to avoid him and tell him that it was a mistake. Yurae, on the other hand, thought he was in love with someone else (the actress), and that the confession was meant for that person.

Why did he keep bothering her then when he thought she’d already rejected him? Well, he’s in love with her and he thought initially that Doyun wasn’t a good person. Remember Doyun was her evil stepbrother’s friend first and also an acquaintance of chairman han (the female antagonist’s father). So Muwon assumed that he wasn’t good, but when he realized Doyun’s a decent person, Muwon tried to keep his distance. He tried to accept that Yurae doesn’t love him and was happier with Doyun.

After the store incident, where Yurae cried and they hugged, Yurae fled away from him in embarassment which he misinterpreted of course. He went on to help her without her knowledge by paving the way for that product placement deal, and then went abroad for business.

When he came back, he wanted so badly to see her, he went to her place but held himself back at the last minute. He stopped outside her building, gazed at her window from the outside, then walked away. He then went to the doctor instead. Doc gave him chamomile tea, which of course brought back memories of Yurae preparing that tea for him whenever he came back from his business trips. Doc also kept talking about that tv show about a divorced couple who were reuniting, and how Muwon and Yurae were similar. That hurt him more though. He thought there’s one key difference between the show and them: Yurae is not in love with him. He was determined to keep his distance from her and just help her in the background.

But then Yurae found out that he was behind the product placement. She got upset because he asked the actress, whom she thought was Muwon’s love, to help Yurae. She angrily stormed to his office and told him that although they’re divorced, she doesn’t want help coming from the object of her ex-husband’s affections. Muwon saw this for what it is: she’s jealous. He clarified the misunderstanding and kissed her. She responded and was affected by his kiss and that confirmed it for him that she also has feelings for him.

After that, he made up his mind that he’s not going to back down. He recalled giving up on Yurae before when he saw her all smiley with Doyun a few days after she filed divorce from him, and resolved that he won’t her up this time because he now knows that she also has feelings for him.

He’ll get into a drinking match with Doyun, which will end up with him wasted (he’s a lightweight). Doyun will witness how Yurae cares for him while Muwon was passed out, including how she casually undressed him. That, and Yurae’s admission that she can’t continue seeing Doyun because she still has feeling for her ex-husband, made Doyun finally give up.

I’m down the rabbit hole again. Another thing I remembered from this gem of a story
    They’re so strongly physically attracted to one another. One thing that’s clear from their previous marriage is that they’re well-matched in bed, and Yurae was quick to admit to herself when she went overseas after their divorce that she missed his warmth at night.

When they started dating again and Yurae asked him to keep it platonic, it was not because she doesn’t trust him but because she doesn’t trust herself. She knows if he tries something, she’ll give in. There are glimpses of this in the manhua where she’s shown conflicted and trying to resist his kisses but she’s kissing back and literally gets weak in the knees because of him. So she placed the burden of controlling their urges on him. In the novel, there was one date which ended with him giving her a necklace and them making out in his car, with her blouse open and some above the belt action. Muwon kept his promise and she was surprised at his degree of self control. Anyway, later on, when they had their first post-divorce sex, they did it the entire night. He woke up still wanting to do it. She was so tired though and had to work, but she still didn’t succeed in resisting him and they ended up doing it again.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Tamyave, Foxloverxp, saphhh and 19 others like this.
  19. chrismacolsen

chrismacolsen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank You for the SPOILERS. we appreciated it.

20. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like you to know that I appreciate you very much. Thank you for your hard work on these spoilers. :blobsmilehappy:

there's a lot of people on ig I see that hates this story because they don't like muwon but weirdly for me, I like and prefer him more than taemu and dojoon(?)