Question Op mc being whipped by the harem

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Raven Evernight, Mar 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Can op mcs please stop being whipped by their harems please just kill them off if they become super controlling or stuff instead like why they even acting so arrogant towards mc you are in a harem it’s not like you are the only woman he loves if you die he has loads of other women besides you in harem to replace you with also loads of sluts are usually after mc so you are super replaceable so stop acting like you harem members are important and know your place

Sabruness likes this.
  2. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate, what? Just kill your parents when they annoy you, you still have the rest of your family and tons of friends.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  3. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’re gonna start a harem be like me assert the dominance . Then strangle them if they become a whiny bitch :)

Devon, shyja and Raven Evernight like this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the law of the harem... when you have "n" women, then you also get n times pussy-whipped, henpecked and cock-blocked... while being collateral damage during catfights.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  5. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    It recently occurred to me that always telling someone everything that goes wrong is their fault is also telling them that everything is happening is because of something they did. Which is, in a twisted way, telling them that the world revolves around them. I think that's why MCs written by people with a... certain kind of parent, end up flip-flopping between self-pitying cowardice and arrogant narcissism.

Raven Evernight likes this.
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well on flip side why da hell those MC take such thing on harem? why create harem?
    is cultivating da wae not hard enuf so they need eye candy with no standard just for comfort?
    or is it typical Mr Nice Guy who take whatever?
    are they secretly M?
    ya reap what ye sow

7. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s a manga about a guy that cultivates a pure yang technique so he has to stay a virgin for life or die and he has a huge harem and they try to fuck him and he gets so scared he transcends to a higher world out of pure fear of them but they end up following him so it’s not always the mcs fault

8. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has been an annoying trope for decade and I noticed years ago more so with tsunderes even when its a obvious groping accident he gets punched.

On a similar its one reason why I dropped https://www.novelupdates.com/series/isekai-nonbiri-nouka/ and hated the manga version he was openly raped at least 2x and it was played for laughs with th elves raping him off screen molre in early ch. They literally had meetings that he was barred from that went x will rape you tonight then y tomorrow he should have thrown them out.

9. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese WN harems always goes down with the soyboy route...you should've known better.

Exalted likes this.
  10. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    On a similar its one reason why I dropped https://www.novelupdates.com/series/isekai-nonbiri-nouka/ and hated the manga version he was openly raped at least 2x and it was played for laughs with th elves raping him off screen molre in early ch. They literally had meetings that he was barred from that went x will rape you tonight then y tomorrow
    Wasn't expecting them to go that low

11. linmeili

linmeili Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clearly, the intended audience are men with a rape fetish. I know of one guy who told me his dream was to get tied up and XXXX'ed by a women. :whistle: Some people just wanna lie there like a dead fish while they get XXXXed.

12. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Isekai + Harem

Take away one of them and it'll make the series better probably.

13. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    ... uh, what? That's not how it went at all. Was the translator having fun with the source?

The way it really is in the story: The protagonist is so horny that two of his harem members with shapeshifting magic make themselves look younger so they're out of his strike range so he doesn't attack them during the day. Remember that it's a first person story with an unreliable narrator - he makes excuses and complains in a way that's more like bragging, but he's definitely just being seduced and losing to his own "healthy body". There are a lot of other things he rationalizes away or doesn't notice in the first place, and if you only pay attention to his POV there's a lot you'll miss.

Anyway, I don't know what the OP's problem is, but while I've seen a number of harem protagonists kill off one or more harem members, the idea that the protagonist would consider any of them replaceable is just... They might not be important to the story, but if they're not important to the protagonist they won't be harem members in the first place. If you argue they shouldn't be there in the first place, okay, but if you want your protagonist to do what you suggested I recommend the "evil protagonist" tag. Otherwise little things like "morals" would get in the way.

14. NightmareSeller

NightmareSeller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahem, dear bro, I kind of need to warn you as it looks like you've got no idea what "real harems" historically and culturally are made for [I know you're talking about the genre and its tropes but needless to inform you the birth of genre is from the "imagination" of those who hared something but didn't see the real thing]
    For your information, being a harem master is a super high-risk occupation. The probability of you being cheated on is so high that you need to try any means to separate your harem from any male creature, Aka eunuchs. and this is only to decrease the chance of being named the father of children that aren't yours. [Why do you think they needed to keep a list of when the guy went to whom and such, even the most magnificent of rulers may have been succeeded by those who weren't of their blood by the result of their most beloved woman cheating on them. [Love and hate are the two faces of the same coin so sorry, to inform you, capable men are attracted to capable women, those who can shoulder responsibility along with them not the vase for the decoration. If you check the important harem member of important historical figures you can feel and see that all these women are their mate's support. They had lots of skills and most of them were the sword, dagger, and poison holders, master of coins, and the shadows behind political movements. Your husband is on a campaign, your child is an infant, go look and see how they protect their house and family. Such women, gather them in a crowd and don't forget their pride and ask them to stay in the back garden and wait for your love? Bro, your occupation is super high-risk. So, the harem must be balanced, women of the harem must never be allied together or the harem master will lose his hair. All he relies on to put these women in check are each other. So a peaceful harem is not sth. that any harem master wants and no harem member will show their alliance with the other women of the harem. So, yes the chaos of harem is always half true and half false. And let me tell you Homo relationships in harems are completely common. No one talks about but they do exist. So, yep, Your wife and wife who always are pitting each other in front of you may have a love/hate relation that you will never understand before being killed by them and your legacy falling in the hand of the child of who knows who. And there is a popular saying meaning "Legitimate children go to (look similar to) their maternal uncle". The origin of this sentence is the fact that you need a successor to fight politically for your clan and family, and males that can visit you normally, ding you got it your brother, father, uncle, etc. It's not about having romantic feelings for your brother, just the necessarily mean to survive. And yes, eunuchs who keep some of their functions after being castrated are also popular, and the most important part, your husband's sons. Yep, seduce the underage child of your husband and your deadly rivel. Get a child. Get rid of your husband's and rivel child. Put your husband's grandchild on the throne. (I don't know if the harem master will prefer this approach cause at least the blood of the clan is in the successor's vain? Don't know, what do you think?) And well there are your husband's brothers and so on... Ahem, it's not that I'm crooked but these are historical facts sorry ] and When a good candidate to succeed you is in hand you are most probably murdered so, congratulation you are dead.

In a lion group, the ones who hunt and feed the children and raise them are the mothers. The male lions are just for support. Human society is the same, after all, we are the same mamels. It's the survival of the fit, harems weren't made for pleasures [Well, partly] but as a social and political mean, you get the best successor who's fit to inherit between the children [Some times the day of a new emperor's enthrones meant the day that 20 infant coffins of his toddler brothers were brought out of the palace] and also a balance of the power between the clans, today's mother is from the left party tomorrows successor's mother is from the right, overall the monarch is somehow the descendant of all.
    Even today, having multiple wives is allowed in my society, and even in the family, you are completely mistaken to think that multiple wives are vase and replaceable in the country they are calculative. Let me ask you there are two men who have the exact same situation but if you marry the first one you are the only one but the second one has another wife, which one you choose?
    Surprise, surprise, the answer is not the first one but includes a condition, what is the social and economic standing of the first wife? Why it is? That's simple, half-brothers are also brothers and your father's wife is also your mother, it is completely common for two families to decide to marry their daughter to the same man so the two families can marge. And there is also the concept of milk mother, meaning that a woman who feeds a child three times and doesn't receive any money or rewards for it is culturally that child's mother, with the rights of the mother. That woman's children are your siblings even if you don't share a single drop of blood and it will not be broken until the end of time. So, yep, the definition of family is different from culture to culture [meaning you can be someones's 3/4 sibling fun?] and lawfully have two or more mothers. And, another point that I should mention, no one is a love-brain, I live with you cause I love you, is the thing that even 3-year-old children laugh at. Ok, marry for love but don't mess your life. So, yep, being a harem member is a choice, and yes there are girls that because of their family conditions were forced to marry into a harem, but in another way, if there was someone powerful enough to marry them, not the same high as the harem master, to the point were the marriage is not as beneficial as not marriage and owning a favor to their lover. Then again, some may say that women are treated as commodities, well, the answer is yes and no. No matter with which level they entered the harem, whether slaves or a high-ranking lady, the winner is the fittest. Isn't it just like that in modern society? The money, the power, and all go to the winner.

So, the bro, who said harem members are replaceable. Sorry, to inform you but "behind every successful man there are women who are controlling the scene" and the ones educating the children are their mothers, the ones fighting for their success are their mother, and the ones who make them kill and hate their harem master father are their mother and the ones who tramp on the statue of wives and indirectly women are also their mother. There is a saying that the true love of every mother is their son and vice versa, its not about the romantic feeling but familia feelings. And a part of the reason women don't give a damn about their harem master husband as long as their benefits are safe and why we've got historical, terrible fight and dislike of mothers-in-law and daughters-in-law.

If you ever started a harem, remember this advice never let your harem member rise your child, because every time you are with others the mother will complain, and slowly your child comes to resent you, your ending will be the completely familiar ending of having a football time of children who all hate you and worship their mothers. So, you paid for their growth but you are considered as air, then you are old and think of this time starting a family and raising a child, you probably choose a beautiful and controllable young girl, get your old age child who is younger than your grandchildren, you try to feel the feeling of being a father and love the child deeply, then the resentment of your other children grows then you are killed by your children, who hate and resent you and you swear to never trust any woman to raise your children and die of anger before their murder method succeed.
    Abandon a harem member who has a child, ding, a new enemy. Abandon a harem member who has skills and a clan, ding, a new enemy, abandon a harem member who is beautiful but that's all, ding, you've added a bunch of new deadly enemy, as everyone [Not only, friends or enemy, but also your mother, wives, and children] to train a bunch of brainless and controllable beauties who will blow in your ears day and night others meaning, a bunch of powens.
    Conclusion: Harem masters look cool but they are waiting for a lonely elderly time or murder by those who they have fed. No matter what, abandoning the members of a constructed harem is deadly, so just don't start one. Women of the harem are not your brainless lovers, but deadly weapons that you work hard to feed and can never make them satisfy, even if they are love-brains love will become hate. So, you are a fat sheep that everyone wants a piece of meat from. Congratulation, you are a "happy" and "fortunate" harem master and your harem member are replaceable.

Sidenote: The situation of men being scared of women raising their children is so served that even men having one wife do every possible thing to let someone other than their wife and any creature related to her raising children. It's kind of psychologically deadly, situation as the children are bombarded by the deadly life question of "Do you love your father or your mother?"

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Exalted likes this.
  15. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    It was how it went in the manga at least

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed 100%~

Like, I understand being annoyed that the MC becomes a pushover near their harem and abide to their every whim, but uhn... People get in a romantic relationship because they care for one another, otherwise they wouldn't enter one. Thinking that a significant other is replaceable and irrelevant is like... Totally absurd to me, I can't fathom thinking like that about someone I love at all.

17. Witchilich

Witchilich Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OP should read Campione.

18. shyja

shyja 『Seinen』『School life』『Sports』

Reading List:
    Link
    can you put a 'spoiler' in your post next time bro?

Bobasis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.