Discussion Fang Yuan v.s Tanya

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by jad14661, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Fang Yuan v.s Tanya

1. Fang Yuan

80.0%
  2. Tanya

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jad14661

jad14661 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was listening to some anime music and youjo senki ending was recommended and i remembered that anime, one of my favorites, and now that i've read reverend insanity i'm wondering who is more evil/who would win if they were to be put into a world of swords and magic/classic japanese manga world
    i like fang yuan but tanya feels way more sinister than him to me

2. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Youjo Senki just has more impact since you can actually see what she's done and the connections that can be made to historical events. In terms of how sinister they are though I think Fang Yuan comes out on top, it's just not as impactful imo because it's mostly words and it's set in a fantasy world.

3. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

Tanya is just a pissed off salesman... It's so ironic that her powers comes from x but she acts like a kid... It's more of a comedic villain...i love the series no problem, but it's totally not comparable to Reverend Insanity. Two are totally different styles.

Just one on one, Fang yuan would outsmart her in a heartbeat. Tanya's edge is she knows modern economics and is learnt in war history, knows bureaucracy. Whereas Fang yuan has grown in the street level upto a Clan leader, he is Godly in soft skills, the number of miscellaneous skills amassed in 500yrs is incomparable not to mention the rich experience too.

And Fang yuan is dealing with an entity equal to X if not more dangerous, and he does have a head way... Wont spoil that but just know that even though Jp novels are more widespread, CN does a better job of writing realistic/cruel settings, most over do it but Reverend Insanity has the perfect blend.

Ps- well the ones I've seen in animes atleast... There are many realistic animes, but if the Xianxia novels were to be made into dobghuas with no changes there would be more gore, raw, cruel scenes.

Exalted and jad14661 like this.
  4. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The difference in soft skills is the key issue - Tanya is a capable military commander, Fang Yuan is more generally skilled at navigating any kind of social situation and can competently perform in pretty much any role. I think Tanya is capable enough within the realm of what she's good at to pose a challenge IF the situation is sufficiently contrived to the extent that her specialty is the key to determining victory or defeat. This basically means the situation must place extreme limitations on FY's options such that he really has to just be a military commander and nothing else. If you tried a variety of worlds and situations, however, FY would definitely be the overall winner.

Also, the situation would need be at least a little contrived for them to be in conflict in the first place.

jad14661 likes this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    the winner?
    the one who have better plot armor
    yes serious here
    the fantasy setting kinda different scale of bigger bs stuff~
    if we put them both on typical jp swords and magic which can varry from pure psycho such as kuro no mao or .... mc who transported just kill on sight to slice of life feng should have better one?
    if we put on xuanhuan typical stuff idk how tanya will evolve, she at core just want lick boot of her superior so her salary upgrade~ on simple term its all about business, if she somehow put under evil sect she can be more cruel just to please da boss~ how cruel? hmmm lets just say japan soldier on world war 2

jad14661 likes this.
  6. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk, FY is after all an enslavement path master which I imagine would translate at least somewhat into being a competent military commander. Maybe not a 1 for 1 conversion but still.

7. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The world is different, the power structure is different, motivation for power is different. It doesn't make sense to compare both the character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.