Recommendations Heavy plot novels F-protag

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Dizaster, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recommend me some novels which are not light and funny but still well structured and fulfilling. Some examples can be:
    1- Rebirth of Han Yuxi
    2- Thousand Miles of Bright Moonlight.

Fulminata and Cornonthekopp like this.
  2. Cornonthekopp

Cornonthekopp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Female General and Eldest Princess
    • Clear and Muddy Loss of Love

These two series are both GL historical dramas written by Please Don’t Laugh (PDL). Her writing style is very methodical and every little detail matters, so seemingly minor details from the first chapters will show up much later as important plot elements, and all the characters are written as real humans, with flaws, hopes, and habits. These two series are definitely her heavier works, and there’s a lot of well written drama and angst in these stories as the characters all struggle to achieve their goals and come into conflict with one another.

Dizaster likes this.
  3. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because. I rarely go into BL and almost never into GL, I never came across these but since you say her plot is so well devised, I am gonna try. Thanks for the recommendation ❤️☺️

Cornonthekopp likes this.
  4. theweebbecomesme

theweebbecomesme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah the thread title made me think of a completely different kind of 'plot'...

Dizaster likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read the webtoon adaptation of it, but https://www.novelupdates.com/series/suddenly-became-a-princess-one-day/ is a pretty heavy, but super lovely one~

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-monster-duchess-and-contract-princess/ is another whose webtoon I'm reading, and it's pretty great~

Oh oh, and the webtoon of this one also looks really promising, though only 1 season has been translated so far: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/actually-i-was-the-real-one/

Out of those 3, the first one is definitely my favorite by a large margin, but I can easily recommend the other 2 as well~
    ... Only the webtoons though, since I didn't really touch the novels.

6. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    Please DM me the links of webtoons if possible. But only for ones that are completed. Don't wanna wait for releases.
    Replying here is fine too.

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    None of them is completed atm, I'm afraid.

Also, most that I would do would be linking the mangaupdates pages of the webtoons anyways, since mangadex is currently down... I guess I can do that... Though again, none is completed.

Respectively for the 3 series linked above:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=150780
    https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=153948
    https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=172423

Dizaster likes this.
  8. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
  10. skillet

skillet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YO Okoborehime to Entaku no Kishi just may be what you're looking for. Plot-heavy that actually made me interested in political intrigue, when I usually skip political intrigue in most of what I read. Really well translated, and basically smart female lead dealing with smart situations smartly. SO GOOD :D

Edit: OH and one more: Miss Appraiser and the Gallery Demon is pretty good too, revolves around the plot though not really in political intrigue kind of way, but still interesting. And very well translated.

Fulminata likes this.
  11. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I seconded miss appraiser. Aside from that, I'd also recommend you:

1. A Journey of Black and Red in Royal Road. It was a grim-dark story about a girl forced to become a vampire, and not the glittery, romantic kind. The romance happens much, much later in the novel, after several arcs, and is not the focus of the plot at all.

2. The Calamity of a Reborn Witch, also in Royal Road. It introduces a twist in the typical transmigration series, and it has a pretty good political aspect.

3. The Girl Who Ate a Death God. It's a grim-dark set in a warring period, and i don't think there's a shred of romance inside. But It's so satisfying, and you'll ended up rallying for the fmc until the end.

4. The Girl Who Bore the Flame Ring. It's set in the same grim-dark world as The Girl Who Ate a Death God, but i can say that if the previous novels is like falling to a bunch of sharp stones, this one feels like falling to a bunch of sharp stones with a thin matress below you. A bit below the first one in terms of macabre, but still fulfilling. Way lighter than the tgwaadg

5. Liu in the Imperial Harem. It offers a twist in the normal palace harem genre, and is incredibly bittersweet at the end. It's very well done, with a very rare to see sister-support-sister theme, and i think that there's been a lot of thought put into the writer's style of "show, not tell" way of subtly unearthed the plot.

6. The Grand Princess. It's a rebirth story of a couple, with an extremely bitter previous life experiences filled with their hate for each other. It's also filles with a pretty good political aspect. But with the premise of the couple being reincarnated together, there's also two protagonist in this one. The transition between "pov" (It's not exactly a change in pov...more like change of focus?) is extremely smooth and subtle

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  12. Nightangle

Nightangle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read 'the girl who ate death god' from ??
    All the sites i checked dont have more than 38 chapter available..

Fulminata likes this.
  13. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    It's finished in 34 chapters, with 4 chapters of side story :aww: