Recommendations Female Cultivation (Xianxia & Xuanhuan) Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Mino Micha, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno how else to say it, I want a female Cultivation novel but the main focus isn't romance (but love interest is fine like in Battle Through the Heavens and Douluo Dalu), just the fantasy aspect! There's Wuxia but not a lot of Xianxia and I think it'd be an interesting shift (maybe).
    Face slapping is also unnecessary (but highly encouraged if available), just the journey to power!! Like the usual Xianxia!
    If there isn't an English translation please give me the raws as I'm desperate and am willing to MTL for my desires!
    Examples (but not limited to):
    Battle Through the Heavens
    History’s Number 1 Founder
    Tales of Demons and Gods (Not my favourite as the series progressed... Sick of the description of girls yet also intrigued by them lol)
    Douluo Dalu (and every single series relating to this one... I love them lol)

I don't mind the more darker ones as well, so I'm open to anything! (Also I'm just a binge reader who reads anything)

2. 10sWBlade

10sWBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forge of Destiny on royalroad

Mino Micha likes this.
  3. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m reading a very nice novel, but i don’t think it fall in any system category to be labeled as xuanhuan, as the power progression is more reality like (no, levels or realms, just ppl that are strong or weak, how much, ppl only have some ideas).

The name is: The new Journey of an old soul.

Just for you know, it’s a yuri novel (MC was male and reincarnated into a female body, but kept his tastes). It has some mature content and under spoilers and as optional reading, explicit sexual scenes.

I’m reading it atm and liking it so far, thus the indication.

5. Mino Micha

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, but most of them has the overbearingly male lead and I think the story focus isn't about surviving in a sect and trials to get a master/become an inner disciple (like I Shall Seal the Heavens), and those are the ones I want... After they get together, the lady never does anything anymore, just more face slapping (y people target her when she's backed by the male lead who usually has an amazing background...) And letting herself into danger, get saved by the guy, then save the guy back. (But this is based on a year old memory so do tell me if I'm wrong since I took a long break from reading).
    Also the attraction is rather abrupt in a lot of these. The girl's personality is always "vicious" or something of that note

Yuri is unexpected, but I'm diving in lol

I'll check it out later, it's nice that the explicit scenes are optional as I'm more of a vanilla reader lol

Oh, I'll be sure to check this out!!!

6. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Mino Micha

Reading List:
    Link
    These are pretty good, have read all but number 3, I'll be sure to check that one out.

Yeah, sadly a lot of the female protagonist ones have heavy romances. I don't mind the love interest plays a big role like in Douluo Dalu (at least, for me it was a big role) but I'd rather not have it as the sole focus lol

Kinda want an energetic girl who has her mind set on cultivation.
    I'd want to know the dynamics of being a female outer disciple, y'know? Like for the male ones
    The dynamics of having a cool senior brother/sister but instead of a Xianxia boy it's a Xianxia girl :p
    Tbh, basically I want a Xianxia boy adventure but with a girl to have a different perspective.

Sorry if I'm being annoying lol, but you suggestions were great and I think I'm gonna re read those (and finish the ones I left hanging)

Isaac20 likes this.
  8. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    You can check out After the Full-Level Boss is Reborn! It's yuri so double the female protagonists, and the plot is pretty intense. There's a lot of drama and it can get a bit heart-wrenching at times so prepare to cry reading it.

9. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. De Lan

De Lan Smartass from blue planet

Reading List:
    Link
    Lady Cultivator
    I honestly don't know the difference between xuanhua, or xianxia but the first thought that come across is this novel when i read your tittle.

11. Patience Nails

Patience Nails Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phoenix Destiny sounds like exactly what you are looking for. Looks like the translated chapters have disappeared, but since you are willing to MTL I can still recommend it. No idea where to find the raws though.