Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read manhwa chapter 3, mc only feel fear she may transfer her badluck to her son, it is not like she doesnt want to touch him, but it is weird when ml take away the child only because she cant touch the child? Well it is weird! And remember the father hate mc, how come he help mc to get what she wants? Only he wants benefit and mc didnt throw tantrum to ák for marriage(she doesnt has that right due to her father hate her) she gave the suggestion, what happen next is her father action and ml agreement. And i dont think it is right to left ur wife in a room without caring and she died pitifully and u came without shedding tear and asking she has any wish???? Come on!!! If u said u cant explain his action then i have no other word for this

2. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a few are starting to get annoyed this is becoming a discussion thread but bear in mind, we miraculously got some semi-important spoilers (so hopefully, someone edits the spoiler curator portion)
    @Elihs and rockdoll be summarizing the entire thoughts of well... why should we hate/blame ML more.

@rock.doll I've said this before when I read the novel. I know they're pretty close in status but it definitely seems sus that an outsider, even a second son of a duke was allowed to trespass on the late duchess's abandoned/neglected garden. I mean, sc*m dad despises MC but she has some level of being allowed to move on her mother's garden (plus, if I remember the novel right, prick was busy fawning at his son's inheritance/debut party so he practically didn't care if MC was in his late wife's garden. Better to be out of sight and not cause trouble than to be in public). Also, props for reminding me, MC is incapable of making better decisions from just one encouragement when at that point of her life was full of misery, and given the era, should only know that to escape is to just marry herself off to someone. Plus, this might sound wrong or insensitive of me, but now I realized how insensitive MLs encouraging words as well, he can say that BECAUSE in that era and current time, he's still the second son of a duke, a man, and even IF he didn't get the title, depending on my knowledge of nobility, don't some aristocrats have extra titles? (Basing my knowledge of villainous lady's butler where the Marquis was ready to hand Cyril his extra Count title). Sure, a duke title is better but like everyone, it was MLs choice, and he had the power to at least make sure she was properly treated as a duchess. Also, thank you for verifying whether MC mistreated her child after birth, thankfully, she was at least observant even in first TL.

What else? Honestly, the involvement of ex fiance will always be sketchy, its easy to say they're merely trying to catch up but given the settings and he did nothing to improve his wife's treatment, and trying to interact with his ex IN public, rumors will float (plus, again you verified it was a simple catfight and practically a one time event. If he didn't have the decency to tell her he's meeting and the bare minimum of respect he has is simply not being in a relationship with any other woman bar his wife, then all that is just a verbal promise. He never gave her assurance but his word. Well, we got probable magic brainwashing

3. mavi

mavi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it feeling good coming back here to see this thread being active
    the webtoon is out already altough the novel is still ongoing which is very werid
    but i was excited to be only dissappointed later
    the comic lost so many details from the 1st 4 chap of the novel
    in the comments said it's intentional so we read the novel with the comic (such stupid idea)
    the novel have so much angst & Conspires w/o many breaks (prepare ur hearts)
    & it's probably ele who turned back time but how the duke seems to know his past life! no clue
    the divorce scene'll probably hapeen around ch 56-58
    i'll try to ML from where the comic stops so see u soon hopefully

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  4. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why the whole situation is so trashy and weird. 1. First and highest title goes to the first born son. Second highest title the house has access to would go to the second, third, etc. However, Dukes are unique because it typically means they're related to the royal family. There should be additional titles to a Ducal line, but it's not THAT hard to make a third son a Baronet/Baron/Viscount. They're low enough to give the title and even buy land for them. Also, selling noble titles IS a thing and sometimes Ducal families would sit on "spare" titles that returned to them from vassals of collapsed/fallen families.

A female, even pushing her parent who loves here, doesn't have that much power. I've written multiple posts on here about historic fantasy and critical reading... which no one seems to read or understand. I'm glad to see people pushing against toxic male leads who redeem themselves through the suffering of the female lead. But whole encounter between the two seems like a massive setup. He's the one who agreed for a ducal title for this marriage, meaning she should be an important investment since if her son lives.... nothing stops Grandpa/Uncle accusing the ML of killing his wife for a low ranking mistress. Even in history this is a huge no-no. Unless the mistress came from a higher ranking and stronger family, the maternal family has vested interest in making sure their bloodline ends up on that ducal seat.

Since he was a third son who got this title who murdered his wife for a mistress (what her family could easily accuse him of), he could be stripped of his title and the son would inherit with his uncle and grandfather being his guardian till he of age. Or his brothers would take the title from him, as they also can help with testimony if they're alive against him. It's something I don't think some writers realize when they write fiction sometimes- even in the old days, bastards are a HUGE no-no. Especially male bastards. Daughters can be married off. Sons will be killed if they have a "legal" brother (son of the Wife). This is in both Eastern and Western history. Bastard sons were literally fed to the front lines and allowed to earn Baronet and knight titles if they lived to return from war/battle. That's it. When there was no legal son, the wife would adopt a mutually agreed upon male member of the husband's family- a nephew, a cousin, etc. King's bastards are different, but noble houses all followed this rule because of the chaos it would bring if they did not. No one would marry their daughters out of fear of the vast sea of mistresses. Houses are also related by marriage, keeping the bloodlines PURE. Can't have a bastard who has no legal status, thus bloodline paperwork, mess that up. Unions between noble houses are literally alliances that gave access to resources, connections, etc. Mistresses can't bring that. Almost ALL countries had a ban on bastards from inheriting legal titles and properties.

Which again, why is he flaunting his mistress/ex around himself in the first life unless he's brainless? There's literally no reason for her to be on estate. For his sake, especially. All smart nobles kept their mistresses away from the main residence for that reason.

5. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's status is higher than ML iirc. Because her mother was a relative of queen and her dad was duke. While ML is not related to royalty.

Some comments said that ML indeed behaves like a child ie he is stupid. Lol.

6. Blooming_alchemy

Blooming_alchemy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think the ML seprated MC and baby due to her mental health
    but, the part of allowing black hair to care of the baby is not right

Angelai, rock.doll and Tt123 like this.
  7. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    So in Chapter 4 the reason she could not touch her child was because she actually believed she was cursed. She thought touching him would curse him. The news of her not holding her baby had spread throughout the castle. This prompted ML to take away the child and bring in the ex-fiance to take care of the baby.

Why did he bring in ex-fiancr? Not so clear on that, but does that really matter? Not really, because she was probably someone he could put trust in considering, you know, their prior engagement. However it's the fact that he brought in his ex-fiance rather than get a nanny. (one could say, he brought in the ex-fiance because FL reputation wasn't good, people didn't respect her, even the maids didn't. so woukd it be logical to think ML thought it was best to bring ex-fiance in since others weren't so 'trustworthy'?.)

Considering her background its the ML favour that determines her power and standing in household. No favour means no respect from nobles, maids and workers there too. So I blame part of her misfortune on him for being so unattended and distant. I will keep my eyes open too, cause who knows. In the flashback on her deathbed ML tried to find someone to cure FL. Maybe in his POV he was searching for someone to cure FL? Maybe he was watching her from the shadows? Idk, synopsis did say he cried when she wanted to divorce so ill try to stay in the middle and wait for his POV

8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    As I've mentioned before, maybe I'll start reading the manhwa when things start looking happy for MC (like the magic shenanigans spoilers)
    but question if anyone got spoilers on the synopsis when ML cries/MC asks for a divorce (I mean, it was spoiled here things start looking good pretty soon so its a bit hard to believe MC still asks for divorce. I mean, I remember a few days after she goes back from first TL, they did have a contract now but I forgot if ML already agreed to the divorce or something?)
    When does ex fiancee appear in 2nd TL?
    Any of the household servants notable characters that have become pro-MC? Honestly, just give me Marquess Amnesia/Rosia Duchess servants. Speaking of the latter series, @yserieh speaking of the latter of the 2 series I mentioned, I got reminded of the ML there, Cerseis where he at least made sure his mistress remained at the annex building with limited servants. If he HAS to appear public with another woman, at least not in a noble like setting. The main building in this case is part of a noble setting because MC is the mistress of the house

lazynoodles, yserieh and tisifone21 like this.
  9. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    I want spoilers on the ML regretting it and getting better, also I absolutely want spoilers on when he cries
    Anyone mind spoiling about their cute son?

Imsobored, tisifone21 and Tt123 like this.
  10. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhmmm I skimmed through the "spoilers" I just want to know (I might sound stupid, as I said I skimmed through the "spoilers") but when she was impregnated...Was he with his ex at that time? If he was doesn't that mean he is a cheater and unfaithful? If it's true than he was trash waaayyyy from the beginning and once a cheater always a cheater that's how I see it lmao

tisifone21 and Boopbup like this.
  11. chiri.ru

chiri.ru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we're already at 19 chapters in the raw manhwa(based on toki) and the ex-fiance already appeared :blobscream: Here's my questions for anyone who knows/has spoilers..
    「?」the bird incident looks suspicious. Do u think she might be the one behind it? With the black magic theories and all..
    「?」who's the blonde man with gray eyes? It doesn't look like he's close with the mc but he looks amused at their relationship
    「?」there seems to be 3 spirits now? did the MC form a contract with other spirits too?

12. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood those 3 spirits are interested in the kid, not MC. He already can control water, fire, wind and earth, so it gives MC a hard time to take care of him and make sure everyone is safe. The kid also can touch spirits, which was unseen before, so they called the oldest spirit in the form of a wolf to ask about this and it seems like the kid is just very strong, but he is too young to make a contract himself, moreover when people form contract with a spirit the spirits live off that person’s energy (?), so even MC didn’t form contract with the water spirit until the last months of her pregnancy in fear it might hurt the kid, and only did it to fix the big fire and save people. It lead to her going in labour 2 months earlier the due date (same as previous life, but that time it was because of the fight with the husband).

13. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It kinda seems like the Husband didn’t remember the previous life at first but when she went into early labour and he caught her it seems like he remembers now.

tisifone21 and rock.doll like this.
  14. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We were suspecting ML for reversing time and indeed he was.

Shion Lee and lazynoodles like this.
  15. 81ganzy

81ganzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems to be alot of speculations in this thread

16. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She got pregnant after she got married right?and from what I've seen in this forum it doesn't look like he was with his ex when he was married to her so I don't think he cheated.

17. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you read that from the novel or manhwa? Just wondering.

chiri.ru likes this.
  18. DarkBlueOcean

DarkBlueOcean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feeling dizzy from reading all this debate/rant/fight:blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

Can someone post actual spoilers?

Before this "spoiler" forum joins the same club of remarried empress and abandoned empress.
    If you're still gonna speak logic about fictional isekai, try this. There's no mention about the ML having a r*prod*ctive o*gan in this story so the couple could've had their child through artificial insemination :blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky:. What does not exist in paper/screen until clarified is a possibility.

19. mavi

mavi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as far as i understood from the k-spoiler
    their divorce have something to do with her father deal with him & the royal family as the king wanted eli powers( he is way powerful than his mother)
    she'll try to make him leave with eli to protect him
    *take it with a grain of salt*
    the ex will appear at els naming ceremony

nope he isn't, she was more like a suitable partner to him+ she manipulated him
    no romantic feelings were involved

DOHere, augacutan, chiri.ru and 4 others like this.
  20. DarkBlueOcean

DarkBlueOcean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened during the naming ceremony? Did the ex or Dad pull some foul stunt? Was the brother involved?

tisifone21 likes this.