Appeal of Anisongs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by otaku31, Apr 18, 2021.

1. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me start by saying I detest most forms of music. As a whole, I find songs distracting and irritating. I savor silence; peace and quiet are what I need to be able to get anything done. My PC speakers and phone media volume are always muted.

I can tolerate (even grudgingly like) some slow and soothing classic pieces (for ex, "My Heart Will Go On", Titanic) , but I'm never interested in actively seeking them out. All those popular musicians like Taylor Swift, Gaga, Katy Perry (a few names I see being thrown around)... just let me say I cannot name even one song they've sung (might've accidentally heard them, but even if I have I wouldn't have recognized them).

And yet, I have come to the surprise realization that I'm not as averse to anisongs, that I might even enjoy them, even when I don't understand the lyrics at all (or perhaps, that is part of the reason I can appreciate them; I'm not sure). As a complete music noob, I cannot really tell how they are different from the popular music nowadays. What is it that sets them apart from the other genres, the reasons they can charm even a self-professed music hater? Are there any others out there who feel the same? :blobReach:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    nyamachi, reagents 11, Liola and 5 others like this.
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Classical and classic music are two different things

otaku31 likes this.
  3. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Music is broad. You just found your genre, is all.

nyamachi, Blitz, shyja and 5 others like this.
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just here to be liked.

Jk, so basically something resonates with your kokoro, good for you. At least yours is still doing that, now that I listen to Spyair's Rage of Dust from IBO, all I could think of is Rip and Tear and the Only Thing They Fear is You from DOOM 2016 and Eternal. I am a bit bummed out by anisong, at least the ones that I had been listening too for years, things like Rising Hope from Lisa got mai hart pumping abit and me asking why no this .mp3 in my own folder.

As to why... I don't know. Maybe for you it is best that you don't know about the lyrics I guess.

I am still jamming to Chop Suey and Linkin Park (bless the lead I too lazy to google his name) occasionally while driving.

When I am in a bad mood however, I pop Chocolate Starfish (shit song) 's "fuck only" version, that is basically all the words but "fuck" are skipped and there are 130 plus fucks.

otaku31 likes this.
  5. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    I like all, except as long as not music for grandpa like country genre blabla jazz or similar
    Anisong, yes for me

otaku31 likes this.
  6. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Music taste is something often decided by a mix of emotions and getting used to certain things. I for one really like Nanahira, but that's probably because Ive been listening to her for several years now when I fall asleep every night.

otaku31 likes this.
  7. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I for one cant get anything done if there is music with lyrics playing...However, I do listen to a lot of music when commuting.

otaku31 likes this.
  8. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Idky but anisong really hits the spot for me too.

nyamachi, Napelynn and otaku31 like this.
  9. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that the song and the anime would synergize well, so they would both feed into each other of building interest.
    When you hear the song, you remember the experience that came with it, along with the emotions you've felt when watching it. So comparatively, it would appear that the song is deeper and moves you farther.
    There is also a possibility that you simply have a more positive impression of anime songs, as opposed to a more negative impression of other ones.

0000000, nyamachi and otaku31 like this.
  10. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's because you listen to the rythms and the singer's expressive and emotiona voice more than understanding the textual meaning from the lyrics.

Or you just don't really want to be trapped and understand the lyrics, or from listening the lyrics really put you off.

Maybe another reason is, you love anisong because you simply like it, you dont have to understand the words or lyrics, music is beyond words, just like me, I love listening to background music from games, like aspertia city, wild west (lost saga), cianwood city, anville town, truth despair and hope, and many more. There's no human voice in there, but i really really enjoy them.

:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:
    That's all from me, also wow, my writing maybe boring to read cuz it's really long

otaku31 and shyja like this.
  11. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Anisongs exactly because I can't understand the lyrics! No cringey lyrics, but pretty singing voices, and maybe even fond memories of an anime I watched~! :cookie:

Though now I'm just studying them for AMQ lol :blob_blush:

nyamachi and otaku31 like this.
  12. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I also prefer anisongs and game ost in general. They are just better in my opinion

otaku31 likes this.
  13. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Took me some time to get what anisong means. When I listened a lot to them, I couldn't Listen to them anymore. Depends on the mood, sometimes I don't have Mood for any music, only for silence

otaku31 likes this.
  14. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that may have been a factor. But then, I can also enjoy songs from animes I haven't watched or found distasteful.

True again. I think they're more harmonious and upbeat(?)

Wait, that maybe it! Although I don't always ignore the lyrics, it's true that I pay far more attention to singer's voice, the emotions it conveys, its modulations and undulations, than to the content. :hmm:

:blobhighfive:

I agree. :blobhero:

The "undisturbed silence of the heart... alone is perfect eloquence"! I get you, mate. :blobokhand:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  15. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding animusic, I like the ones that have good beats or very epic lyrics / instrumentals. The rest, however, are kinda too 'cheery' or 'sugary' for my liking. The same goes for most pop music. Nevertheless, there's plenty of good music everywhere if you look hard enough.

Then you have these monsters of nature:

That makes you think about the hell that anime has unleashed over the music community lmao.

reagents 11 and otaku31 like this.
  16. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I'm struggling finding English song where they can fit sad lyrics with brighter music.

otaku31 likes this.
  17. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

We shoot the sick, the young, the lame
    We do our best to kill and maim
    Because the kills all count the same
    Napalm sticks to kids

Flyin' low across the trees
    Pilots doing what they please
    Droppin’ frags on refugees
    Napalm sticks to kids

It made us feel so good inside
    When the strong men wept and the women cried
    But what we really like is the children fried
    Napalm sticks to kids~~~

18. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really into Anisongs, but i think you just found ur preferred genre of music. It's all subjective, so what one person might find amazing about a song or genre, others might see as weird.

It's just like Kpop. Some people love it, and some don't.

I don't think there is one genre or type of music that is better than others. Its all just about ur individual taste on music

otaku31 likes this.
  20. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you like the rock/pop rock genre? We don’t have modern rock in western music nowadays. And Japan is more musical with their modern songs