Spoiler The Detective of Muiella Spoilers

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hera Elizabeth, Jun 28, 2020.

1. luminas

luminas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Daisy the main villian in this story? What will happen to Josephine in the end (and her relationship with Jade)?

2. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's the main villain for this story arc I think. She'll get killed by ml and then the story will continue.

luminas likes this.
  3. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Daisy is the main villain and she had everybody fooled except, as usual, Ian. He never liked her perhaps because of his natural instinct as a mana absorber. Ian kills her right after she kills Jeffrey Hogan.

Since Ian killed the witch, Josephine fortunately got back her youth, however, her appearance aged by five years which she should be thankful for especially since she became an old woman previously. Prior to this, Jade was willing to give up some of his life force to return some of Josephine’s vitality so I think this itself showed Josephine that Jade liked her. In addition, Josephine did realize, after she entrapped Ian and Kate for Daisy, that Jade liked her. That’s when she came to her senses and realized she might have been used by Daisy to send Ian/Kate to a morbid fate.

Shizun, daviemae, MLisMyHubby and 6 others like this.
  4. Kim 79

Kim 79 Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for the update, I saw the last chapter in Kakao, I was wondering where Days went as we didn't see her much lately. So now I know she was that bad witch. Glad Ian killed her, he is so handsome, and the drawings get better and better

5. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Daisy was the skeleton witch all along. She was a suspicious character from the beginning. Whenever Ian appeared in the house, she always ran away like she had something to hide and not just because he’s a mana absorber. There were also little things here and there that gave her away like the fact the skeleton witch knew the elf took Kate away.

Ian killed her when she was going to attack Kate right after she killed Jeffrey Hogan by taking his heart. I guess Ian settled old scores too because the witch did stab him to turn him into a monster to encourage him to attack Kate. However, that didn’t work out because after Kate refused to kill him like he wanted, he instead stabbed himself and lost so much more blood. He probably would have died if he wasn’t a mana absorber.

Currently in the manhwa, it seems that all that’s left is Kate’s reconciliation with her grandfather. She’s spending time with him now that he’s conscious. I think Jeffrey Hogan and his mother probably kept him sedated or something because as soon as Jeffrey died and his mother lost it, the grandfather woke up.

Ian was also promoted to chief detective after settling the case with Jeffrey and the serial killings by the witch. In the latest chapter he visited Kate after being busy for a while and asked her when are they going to get married. Kate told him to please wait just a little longer. I guess she wants her grandfather to get stronger and healthier so she’s focusing on him. Ian accepted her request but it seems he’s eager to be able to come home at night to Kate because he thought of the lovable cuddly detective whom he works with who is always ready to run home to his wife. lol

Am_elf, MLisMyHubby, Boopbup and 6 others like this.
  6. Kim 79

Kim 79 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I saw the last raw chapter in Kakao, even though I didn't understand everything as it was in Korean, but the drawings were so good. I was so relieved that Ian killed that witch, she was so scary.

I also have noticed when Ian cameback home, Daisy always ran away and avoided him, barely talked to him. I thought she was just scared of him as she was a witch and didn't want him to know, so she was the meanie from the beginning.

I was wondering where you can buy the book even though it's not in English . Whatever I can't wait to " read " the new chapter tomorrow at 10pm french local time

7. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeez, no matter what, it seems like Kate and Ian have to face all these opinions before they can safely get married.
    In the latest chapter, Ian’s mom raised her concern that Kate is too rich for Ian. She believes Ian marrying Kate will draw criticism because Ian exposed Jeffrey Hogan’s crimes. I suppose malicious minds may think that he did it for his own benefit since Kate would become the sole heir to the Hogan’s large fortune. The mom is also concerned that Ian would be more publicly known as the son-in-law of the Hogan family rather than Lord Roen, the chief investigator. So, at first the mom was concerned with Kate’s status as a maid but now she’s worried about her wealthy status as an heiress to a vast fortune.

Fortunately, after Kate empathized with the mother’s concerns, she’s now ready to speak up for herself and on their behalf as a couple. We all know already that Ian doesn’t care what people say anyway. lol Don’t they talk behind his back and call him a bastard? He knows to shut these people out.

On the other hand, Kate’s grandfather seems satisfied with Ian. He also remembered he tried to marry Kate’s mother to Ian’s father but recognizes that wish can be fulfilled through Kate and Ian. He’s also fine with Ian’s job as chief inspector. He’s probably also pleased that Kate will marry a noble since Ian is considered a noble.

I liked the reflections of the maids at Ian’s house. They now know that Kate is a Hogan and they pitied the two maids who bullied Kate previously because now their lives will get even more difficult. I don’t think Kate would actually do anything though but I liked that one of the maids observed that this is why people shouldn’t treat others recklessly. The two maids bullied Kate and now look how things turned out for Kate.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Shizun, Am_elf, daviemae and 11 others like this.
  8. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad news for those who subscribe to this series on Tappytoon. The future chapters will be discontinued on April 23, 2021.

I’m personally upset because that means I will have an incomplete series and it really only takes 20 chapters to complete the series because Tappytoon will have 130 chapters out of 150 chapters. :blobangery:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  9. One_dash_of_cuteness

One_dash_of_cuteness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anyone read the novel? Does anyone know how many kids they would have?

10. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It wouldn't end this early. ATM witches are being persecuted and Kate's power is still sealed.
    There are probably conspiracies underway and some plans of revolution to free witches coming.

11. nonomo

nonomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh Tappy dropping this or something? They say they will update till the end of S3 and then it will no longer be available.

12. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How are the elves more prejudiced than witches? They can live righteously, even having high positions.
    Now I don't remember if they catch a witch what happens. Either lock them or kill them.

The witches did mention they want to change the way they're treated, the ones that were going to release Kate's seal hoped they could make a change with Kate's help.

Just like there was the 1st arc with the murders at that house they worked at and the culprits were the owners (and some of their servants that were aware) that did trafficking with illegal magical items.
    The 2nd one is this one with Daisy and house Hogan's wife and son.
    Another one with a thriller theme and some new antagonists should follow for "The Detective of Muiella":blobgift:
    There might be new subplots( the reasons for mc's father's death, ml's and CP's curses origin, new things that might pop up...), or the main one with the oppression of witches, Kate's unsealed power that she doesn't even know how to use unlike the other witches.

13. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I was referring to the characters that are featured. The elf, Kate’s uncle, actually used many derogative words when referring to Ian. He treated him with clear hostility without even knowing the guy. Ian, who was always suspicious about witches, at least only followed the law but never really thought about witches in a personal way until he met Kate. And as a detective, when Kate met with a bunch of witches that she didn’t know, he was of course upset because anything bad can happen with strangers especially with a witch going around stealing people’s hearts.

The oppression of witches in Muiella is a political issue. The next emperor will marry a witch. It makes sense to me that if anybody can change the law and educate the public about witches it would be Edward.

14. nekoloveraly

nekoloveraly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I had previously provided alice with the Korean novel but she hasn't responded in awhile. I have all the chapters from where she ended to the end but idk how to tl them. :blobfearful: If anyone would like to tl them and put spoilers here. Please message me :aww:

15. HikariGo

HikariGo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Kate really just a powerful witch? There was so much foreshadowing about a saint/saintess early on in the story I thought that it must have been talking about her.

DOHere likes this.
  16. Farachen

Farachen Member

Reading List:
    Link

OMG yessss and I'm so upset, like the manhwa is not even completed yet. Where should we go to read the chapter after 130? I can't even read hangul are there any scans group that will continue this series?

DOHere likes this.
  17. Kim 79

Kim 79 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, what is the last chapter of the novel? On Kakao it's chapter 150. Such a shame I can't speak Korean

18. nekoloveraly

nekoloveraly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On Kakao it says 244 for the novel.

19. Kim 79

Kim 79 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow it's a lot , it gonna take years to read it all. It's such a pity they don't sell the book in english, I would have bought it straight away.

DOHere and nekoloveraly like this.
  20. MLisMyHubby

MLisMyHubby Isekaid Villainess >:)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious why Ian share the same curse as Edward even if they are not blood related and why does he has golden eyes when his parents have black and brown eyes.

21. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Ian is a mystery. The problem is, he doesn’t know much about his mother. Some think his mother might be a witch. Also, Ian is a different kind of monster/mana absorber to Edward. He can sense when a person is a witch though he doesn’t know that’s what it was. He just used to feel strange around certain women. Edward doesn’t feel that way. He can’t identify witches. Ian also doesn’t need blood from witches. He’s never drank it in his life. Since he doesn’t know anything about his mother, he doesn’t really know why he is the way he is.

MLisMyHubby likes this.
  22. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it. Did you mean that the elf was more prejudicious towards Ian than humans towards witches? Though you didn't mention Ian in the paragraph I replied to.

It doesn't seem like witches are something you can just brush over if they become royalty, which is why they're hiding the fact that Edward's fiancee is a witch. I think not only would they detain and put her on trial or something, even Edward's right of succession would be at risk for associating with her if they found out.
    Mc is the most powerful witch the elf had ever seen, plus the main character. And she and ml keep getting involved and solving all the important cases in the country. I'm sure Edward and his lover will only have a supporting role in changing how witches are treated.