LCD The Healer Demands Payment!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 30, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "When they were ordered to invite Meng Qi over, no one told them that this Foundation Establishment cultivator knew Xue Chengxuan, who was Xue Clan’s eldest young master." They shouldn't have needed to. The fact that the word "invite" was used instead of "bring" or some similar, forceful term was used should have been more than enough for an intelligent person to understand that she was to be shown at least a modicum of respect.

I know the MC won't care about those two idiots, but I wonder if her friend will try to make trouble because of them.

"When they were ordered to invite Meng Qi over, no one told them that this Foundation Establishment cultivator knew Xue Chengxuan, who was Xue Clan’s eldest young master." They shouldn't have needed to. The fact that the word "invite" was used instead of "bring" or some similar, forceful term was used should have been more than enough for an intelligent person to understand that she was to be shown at least a modicum of respect.

I know the MC won't care about those two idiots, but I wonder if her friend will try to make trouble because of them.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels strange that knowledge of the cure hasn't made its way to them yet. Maybe the guy she cured found out how she was treated and refused to share the method, instead referring them to Meng Qi?

kyoshijiro likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wonder why they're trying trick and extort her into healing the girl instead of either going to the other guy she healed for help, or apologizing to her and requesting her help. I assume the reason for not doing the latter is something stupid having to do with face, but I'm not as clear on the former unless they already tried that and failed. Though, I suppose that could also be a matter of face if they view themselves as being significantly superior to the other party, or if they don't want to appear as if they need Meng Qi's help, even indirectly.

kyoshijiro and KurouDaijuji like this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she'll do the healing herself or if she'll just tell them how to do it. I know which her friend would choose, but I'm not sure if Meng Qi is willing to so completely humiliate them by informing them that they never needed to hire her in the first place. Plus, it'd be a good training opportunity for her if she actually did do the healing.

That aside, I wonder why they didn't just import one of their own foundation establishment cultivators to do the healing. It'd definitely be cheaper than 3k profound grade spirit stones, regardless of the methods used to transport them.

5. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Presumably they "know" that the array on the victim prevents stronger cultivators from healing the afflicted, but don't have any available who can use the correct spell(?) at a high enough level (IIRC Meng Qi is abnormally skilled with it, & ISTR that being largely due to everyone else focusing on more "effective" ones).

kyoshijiro likes this.
  6. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I understand it: is that while our mc grinds skill proficiencies in all her skills, other medics tend to just use the highest level skill available to them without grinding much

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why bother with the Beiming Pill if she was just going to start cultivating immediately? Also curious why she thought they'd break in while she was conducting the healing.

That aside, won't using that array be almost the same as proclaiming herself the poisoner? They'll already be thinking it, and will likely jump at any "proof" they can find, especially if it allows them to seize back their spirit stones.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  8. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    i think she was more worried they wold sneak in and try and steal her treatment method.
    Her using the array might lead to suspicion, but since they dont understand the array they probably wont be able to recognise it, especially if she doesnt have to use it.
    Also i dont think they care about that amount of spirit stones, they are rich.

I wonder if this was all a plot to get the Luofeng or whatsername to cure them and get even more admirers

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “You really extor-…no, you really received" lol.

I wonder if those two will make things difficult for her at the conference. It feels like they probably will.
    If you mean the former protagonist, then I think it may have been done for money. She's in some fairly extreme debt right now after all.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she not tell him how abnormally high the MC's basic skills are or something? If she did, and he knew that Meng Qi would be there, then it should have been easy for him to predict that the MC would be able to cure all of his victims if she were inclined to do so.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  11. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    The tone of this latest chapter implies her involvement with this guy I suspect is a "Devil" Cultivator may be less voluntary than it first seemed (or she may have been tricked into service [she doesn't really seem to be all that bright]).

kyoshijiro likes this.
  12. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    the girl doesnt seem very smart, or at least acts like that. Se seems to be submissive to the guy and probably cant really give out information freely.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, even if she doesn't want to join the FA or care about that library, competing is still a great way to make connections and get her name out there. The only real problem will be the FA trying to make trouble for her, but I expect they'll do more damage to themselves than to her.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  14. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe gift a bunch of spirit stones to our mc

jacobpaige likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "She would just pretend to know nothing!" lol. I love that she's not actually ignorant of all these super obvious things happening around her ;)

“If it were our Xue City, we definitely would not allow the conference to be messed up like this.” Wow, that girl's memory makes a goldfish's look like an elephant's...

I wonder if her friend will accidentally reveal that they know each other when she sees the MC. If so, it won't take much intelligence to make the connection between the MC and the unknown creator of the revolutionary pills.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't sicking the entire crowd on them actually going to make it much, much harder for them to get treatment? Or avoid getting trampled by the crowd for that matter?

17. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    You're making ass of you & Umption.

This is about "face", not saving lives, we've already seen that these people are interested more in power & filthy lucre than any "duty of care" moden western sensibilities might impose upon them (& let's not forget, most modern western quacks are in it for the money [or why would they be willing to take on so much debt?]).

kyoshijiro likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “It’s the celestial demon noble Su Junmo" Wasn't his demon status supposed to still be a secret at this point?

Its not really safe for her to visit the book store there, and with the excuse the organizers gave, it'll be difficult for them to take the patient someplace safer. I wonder what they'll do.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  19. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this was the novel where the healer was disposed from his old party, so when he had a 2nd chance he chose to torture and kill his former party members.

20. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that "Redo of the Healer" or something like that?

I mean, the turning back time & changing the fates of those who mistreated him starts really early.

Bachingchung likes this.