Recommendations Help Me

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Faruk025, Apr 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am very sad right now! i Am a new reader of novels and looking for a cultivition novel where mc is op but have a charecter and where you will see a good plot.But whenever i there is a syspnosis that i like......Novelupdates review section just ruins My Appetite. So please help me to get good cultivition novel.it will be best if its short not 2k+ or 4k+ chapters!

My english is bad sorry!

Btw did you gys ever read a novel called Divine Brilliance?? I want to read it but Review section is mixed.so let me know if some of have read it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  2. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, here goes!

Stop reading the reviews, dammit!

If you can do that, then look up stuff. Oh, and here's some recs.

My Disciple Died Yet Again ( not even 400 chapters. That's short for a xianxia.)
    World of Cultivation ( 913 chaps. Below average length.)

Anything by IET ( his novel length goes around 700+ chapters). Lord Xue Ying ( xuanhuan, features mages, demons, gods,,...),Desolate Era, Seeking The Flying Sword Path ( starts with an already strong protag who does get OP later, 700ish chaps, like other works of IET), Archean Eon Art.

This leaves you with looking up other stuff after getting through these. My advice is to read subpar or average novels at because at first there are issues you won't even notice, but which would bug you if you tried reading that kind of novel later when you get spoiled by the ABSOLUTELY MUST READ THIS!!! recs.

It's why I recommend saving great stuff like Beware of Chicken, Cradle series ( Will Wight), etc for later. Because by the time you read something amazing, the rest of the bunch doesn't look good and you are still bored.

So, both feet on the ground and have fun reading grasshopper.

Reack and LaDyViL like this.
  3. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uh- I any specific red sadly. at least I don't know if they have those word counts per chapter lol
    but I'm going to rec: Libaray of Heaven's Path, Gourmet of Another World, Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss (FMC), History Strongest Senior Brother *these are all pretty mainstream for me without being... bad?

and honestly, if the plot interests you, why not read it? and if anything, reviews that complain about how intensely nonsensical or mundane a character is, is preference and opinion. but if they talk about writing or cliches, it depends how tolerable you are. some reviews I encounter emphasize how it's a "feels-good-story" or a tragedy. so nothing can be done about the latter, as people can have a discerning eye but I love a good "feels-good-story" with bare minimum world building (rarely)

4. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have allready finished Desolated era.(damn that was awesome)I loved the last arcs where ji ning became OP Daolord.And if you are talking about seeking the flying sword path???? I have decides to read that later after reading 50 chapters.I think i wll read them later.But anyway Tnx.

Tnx is Historys Strongest senior brother good?:blobpeek:

5. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from Archean Eon Art, other IET works are finished.

All xianxia MCs get OP. It's just a matter of if the pacing and setting fits. Some are strong from start, others get there at finish line but most start weak and then ram into OPness at light speed.

The really restricting factor here is what low number of total chaps are for you? The whole, 2k chapters and above isn't nearly as common as believed ( on tled side) but there are freaks of nature like 4k or even 10k novels ( small tip, not worth it. 3k is cutoff, anything above is too much padding and repetition of scenes to be called a novel, like calling water and alcoholic drink.)

General length is around 1k ~1.4k . And yeah, Final Form Ji Ning was damn awesome.

6. hammyhamham

hammyhamham Only existing and not living

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I read the reviews too and makes me hesitant about proceeding. But you know what, I decided to try maybe 5 chapters if it's my vibe or not. If I'm still not sure, I'd still read a few more. That's my mindset for now.

7. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.....do you have any novel where Mc Gives you Ji ning vibes???? I have one called nano machine but damn it was monetized by webnovel and there is no chapters for like 6 months.

8. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's a good one. So try it out.
    And one more thing mate, don't let other people's reviews dampen your interest in a novel.

9. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tnx i will keep that in mind! Your profile picture is badass btw!

Isaac20 likes this.
  10. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...Yeah. My NUF brother chose this for me. I think it fits my title as well. Thanks!

11. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, Ji Ning seemed pretty neutral. Like, yeah he cut down evil in front of him, but he only really moved for his cultivation and in case of great threats. Still commendable, someone else with a horrible personality would probably have betrayed the Desolate World for benefits the invaders promised.

In that sense, not much. The thing that drew me from jp lightnovels to webnovels is that for good or bad, chinese MCs at least have their own goals and dreams a lot of the time instead of being an escapist blank slate.

Cultivation Chat Group. MC wants to "remain normal" for his personality/Dao Heart, but he is quite a busybody and risk taker like Ji Ning. Seeing something possibly evil or shady, he just dives in to help people be rid of it.

12. hoppala

hoppala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mc is op but have a charecter and where you will see a good plot

there is no such a thing if you are looking for a cultivition novel.

13. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    That is exactly the kind of shit why reviews should be avoided, thank you for demonstrating.

Seriously, either give a rec or avoid spoiling novels for others just because tou can't stand them.

15. hoppala

hoppala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, im reading web novel and light novel, dont know around 6 7 years, and i think i have fair share of experience with them so i can have the right the say, if things are good or bad.

and your passive agrasive attitude truly disgusting bro.

16. LOSTINBOOKS

LOSTINBOOKS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reviews sometimes it helps. But insted of seeing reviews you can just study the description and if you like it, just read it. For cultivation novel beginners it's better not to see reviews because most of the cultivation novel follow same trend. So due to cliche plots reviews and ratings might be low for some novels. So just read few chapters and if you like it just continue. I don't know whether you want bl or bg.

Bl cultivation novels
    1. The Transmigrator's Cultivation
    2. The Legendary Master's wife
    3. I have medicine ( though it's kinda boring towards the second half)
    4. President's exclusive alchemist ( modern Cultivation)
    5. Cat scratching divine post ( it's something like that)
    BG cultivation novels you have many
    1. Ascending do not disturb( it's completely different from other cultivation novels. MC she so cute and her sect it's kinda refreshing among other cultivation novels where MC always take revenge for everything, creating problems with everyone and fighting within the sect itself. It's refreshing light read)
    2. Good for nothing seventh young miss
    3. Evil emperor's malicious consort
    I forgot most of the titles.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  17. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    No, you can only say they were( I don't know if you read any cultivation novels still) shit for you.

Give the newbie a chance to see for himself what he likes and doesn't like.

18. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many people who consider themselves "Experts" and these Experts allways try to find some plot they Don't like.And endgame.....they leave 1 star for that.And of course there are people who are actually experts who have read many novels and they can give honest review with Their Experiences. So....Not everybody is a Expert and "Expert".:blobangel: