LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. The Godly Aeolus

The Godly Aeolus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno. Maybe this story is going to end up like Arifureta Shokugyo de Sekai Saikyou, where more than half of the series thus far takes place after the final battle! I'd be overjoyed at a few hundred chapters of Vandalieu literally taking Vida's reincarnation system and expanding it, maybe interacting with the gods of other worlds once under Rodecorte's dominion. The banter would be fantastic! The author already has everything set up to start a multiverse arc if he feels like it; it'd make the power-scaling more reasonable too.

Superioreos and Baldingere like this.
  2. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, fair point. But it still clearly doesn't work on gods who are in tip top shape, nor with infinite range.

3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    It's possible that Alda himself doesn't want to use the stakes, since using them would be admitting that the target is a god of Lambda. This could be why he didn't use them against Gudu, Rod, and now Van. His fear of change is probably blocking the option in his mind.

4. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kanata was over confident, and since he had never seen how Death Magic actually attacks, did not realize Van could get around his best defense. Remember he did not care about surviving, just killing Van so the Crypt meant nothing to him as he was going to off himself anyway.
    Not really, they have millennia of built up of knowledge about the threats in their world. They are firmly in Medieval Stasis.
    You do not need those skills if most of the info is known and acquirable from some method. The issues being the same for millennia just makes this worse.
    Van however is extremely outside their conventional wisdom and common sense.
    That is not really an issue, people who are so far up their own rectum's like Alda tend to have little problems realizing the logical paradoxes of their actions.
    At least 1 Evil God
    OF Sinful Chains, yes the God who sealed Bellwood is out of commission because Alda managed to seal him, not because they took each other down
    has been sealed by the stakes and is fully aware of the Irony as Alda can not stake an alien God, but claims said god is not a God of Lamda.

As well, There will come a point when Alda does Stake Rod, IIRC he did not even think it would work, and one of the reasons it managed to work is one of Rod's many flaws

But there are conditions to Alda staking someone that IIRC have not been full explained yet
    like he is not good at staking people who are actually dodging attacks

Eddy andres likes this.
  5. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He would use them on Rodcorte if he knew he could. Doing so would let his system run on autopilot whereas a traditional seal would not, or at least that much is implied.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  6. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Alda's Stakes was never explained in detail in novel. We only know it works on Gods.
    Van was able to break Alda's Stakes impaling Vida using powers of mortal.
    So, I think Alda's Stakes works only on Godly powers, not on Gods themself. This is why Alda's Stakes don't kill Gods, they only restrict them. They seal all they Godly power. This is Alda's Stakes Absolute Authority and no God can remove them (because Gods only have they Godly powers). So, even if Van becomes God, he will not lose his mortal powers, only Godly powers. But Van can destroy Alda's Stakes using his mortal powers. So, Alda's Stakes will be just small annoyance to Van. They can be hindrance, but can't seal him. At last, this is my conclusion by information author give in novel so far.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  7. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it has something to do with his soulbreaking powers, which gurudanis also had. So he didn´t use them against guru because he could break them and not against rod because he could abandon the world.

8. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be that Gudu was never considered by Lambdians as a god, meaning that he never became a god of Lambda and thus was never subjected to Alda's powers. Rod started fearing Alda's rods (Ha) only after he got tied to Lambda. We don't know if Van's soul powers enable him to resist or remove the stakes on him but he should be affected by them.

9. Magron

Magron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda probably also tried his stakes on Demon King but he was too strong, worship doesnt need to be prayers, they can be fear also. The moment battle started Demon King was recognized as a god by the beings of Lambda. When the stakes didnt work is probably when Alda started getting scared and went along with the plan to summon the hero's, so we can say at a point that they wont work on Van either, and before they they may only have a limited effect

10. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aldas stacks work on gods of Lamda, not on beings recognized as gods by people of Lamda.
    Rod is recognized as the god responsible for reincarnation on Lamda, making him a god of Lamda.
    it is about being recognized as a part or having something to do with Lamda.
    the Demon King was viewed as an invader and therefore not as part of Lamda.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    He was an invader, but once he started making devil's nests, he became a part of Lambda. Vida's "crime" was accepting the fallout.

Shaman Ray and flag9801 like this.
  12. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The biggest of Lambda natives who should not get a pass is Heinz.

He fails pattern recognition 101 to absurdly insane degree.

He starts out his "heroic" career committing a crime that would make Judas Ishkarot blush with shame. For the uninformed, Judas was tasked by some power-hungry and corrupt Pharisees to arrest Jesus on charges of heresy and treason, and paid 30 silver coins bounty for it.

When Judas found out that Jesus was shipped off to a sham trial where the witnesses could not agree and then handed over to Rome for crucifixion, he went back to the corrupt Pharisees and threw the blood money at them in a rage, then when he realized rescuing Jesus was physically impossible, hanged himself in guilt. He is still universally reviled thousands of years later.

Heinz did the exact same thing by selling Garcia out to Gordon to endure three days of public torture and then being burned at the stake when Gordon got tired of trying to force the poor woman to give up her infant son. Heinz kept the money and then fled the country in the middle of the night.

This is a very, very bad place to start out from, and the reason he did it is, by his own admission, because couldn't be bothered to look into the particulars of Baron Bestero's request beforehand, so he just walked up and attacked a woman even he admits was innocent for the "crime" of giving birth to a half-breed.

He spent the next 10 years lying about his involvement to just about everyone, including himself, nearly convincing himself in Belwood's Dungeon that he was a helpless bystander who failed to rescue her from Gordon's depravity, not that he actually put her there.

In addition to that, he still takes quests from the adventurer's guild at face value, even when it concerns hunting down people of Vida's races. And by his own admission, he pointedly ignored the fact that ghouls are clearly not undead when his own first-hand observations proved it's not so. The fact that his "anti-undead" spells, combat techniques, etc. don't work, ghouls can have Jobs, and reproduce sexually. Even Delizah, his shield-bearer, yells and Diana and Jennifer that thinking about it for even a split second would indicate the "common knowledge" of ghouls being a kind of mutant undead is total hogwash.

When forced to confront this by Van, he retorts along the lines of "meh, they needed to die anyway" and when Van asks him why he's so sure, and if he investigated first, Heinz responds "I'm just an adventurer, I have no choice but to take quests at face value" and Van calls him out on THAT by pointing to the fact that Heinz is a noble, revealed to be an Earl in chapter 249, which means he can investigate, he just chooses not to.

Then when he's with Goddess Mills, Heinz reveals that he's upset at Curatos because he had finally managed to silence his conscience regarding Darcia but then the god's little stunt of putting her image in his way to be hit by his attack skill caused his conscience to start screaming at him again.

And the reason why Heinz was in battle in the first place was because Van threatened to destroy the dungeon that CURATOS stated was nothing more than illusions for Pro-Alda propaganda.

We can safely conclude that Heinz ignores whatever pattern-recognition skills he has because he's far more interested in trying to keep his conscience quiet than actually doing good deeds or being a good person.

For all his off-screen preaching about ending oppression in regards to Vida's races, the vast majority of the time he actually participates in the oppression, hunting down people for money and selling body-parts, and gets combative when called out on it.

sirin423, metazoxan and WarDemonBal like this.
  13. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    The facts are bad enough, why do you feel the need to badly exaggerate them? Heinz never said anything along the lines of 'they needed to die anyway' or 'I'm just an adventurer, and need to take things at face value', not remotely close. You should also put spoilers in for the stuff that hasn't actually been translated yet, this isn't the spoiler thread.

Shaman Ray likes this.
  14. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did, in fact, stay he's "just an adventurer." The narrative in chapter 200 clearly spells out that Van wasn't going to let him get away with it and use that as an excuse.

Korleone likes this.
  15. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the narrative also clearly states that Van was fucking with him, to buy time. You don't need to add things to make him sound more despicable, he's bad enough as a 2.5 dimensional villain, we don't need him dropping below 2d.

Eddy andres and Shaman Ray like this.
  16. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact Van was buying time doesn't change the fact that what he was saying was the naked truth and ketchup answers for that was catastrophic

What anyone tries to say, Heinz is a blind self-righteous guy who turn a blind eye to his own ideology faults and logic loops while killing half of the people who disagrees with his ideology in the name of righteous.

Korleone likes this.
  17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    This is true, which is why we don't need all the hyperbole trying to make Heinz even shallower.

Edit: Van was talking out of his ass, but all his points are true. The important difference is that Van didn't care about changing Heinz' ways, even if he had given "correct" answers Van would still kill him.

18. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    everyone talks about how OP Van is but we quickly forget how psychologically damaged he is and how much adversity he had to overcome. Thankfully Vida took steps to help during his reincarnation and strangely enough his mother's death galvanized him into surviving. If it weren't for how badly Rodcorte messed up Van wouldn't have the composite soul or empty space for mana. Every bad thing that has happened to Van has eventually helped him later. Even his supposed handicapped of being unable to earn experience points has long since flown out the window, a simple D.K. familiar with an eyeball on every explorer's shoulder and he farms more EXP than any other creature in existence couple with his new burgeoning stat for being worshipped I can't even personally fathom how quickly he will job change. He will have to live with a job changing room next to him. So how soon can D.K. familiars start farming en masse for Van?

Shaman Ray likes this.
  19. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally the revenge ends

Eddy andres likes this.
  20. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I just reread it for the umpteenth time, and something occurred to me, the stuff thats going on in Origin is going to get really interesting if it goes the way that I am thinking (No, I do not read the raws or the machine translated shit, I can't read japanese and the Machine translated stuff gives me headaches trying to figure out what the heck they are talking about.
    The reason that I think it's going to get interesting is because of several points.
    1. When Oracle and Shade died, Shade made him release a ton of phony documents claiming that the Bravers gained their powers from making deals with Demons/Devils
    2. Banda looks like a demon, and has powers that make him being a demon all too easy to accept.
    3. Banda gave that "Braver" guys son the unique skill, "Super Mana Regeneration"

So I think you can guess where I am going with these points "A being with the powers and appearance of a "demon" granted cheat abilities to the son of one of the guys who has cheat abilities." Imagine the public outcry that this would cause, the false claims being "proven" as true.
    In addition
    4. The "Braver" had an internal declaration about how the Death attribute should not exist in that world. And his daughter has the death attribute. How will this strain his relationship with his family. Will he try to seal away her death attribute? How will his wife react when Mei got these powers because Pluto decided against killing a pregnant mother and unborn child.
    5. In fact, how will his wife react when she finds out that the death attribute is from Van, who is the guy who died trying to save her on the ferry.

Oh the drama is going to be great