Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello~ (′▽`〃)
    I'm new-obviously.

A fellow friend showed me this site, I love it already everyone is so nice and thoughtful, and actually talk and converse about things. I've yet to see petty banter :blobpeek: Lovin' the vibes here.

I'm Ollie ^^
    I like reading/writing even though I rarely finish writing stories and think they're mediocre. I love music a lot, I listen to all genres. I love recommendations and giving song recs too!
    I really like the 'Underworld' movies along with the 'Alien' series too. I could watch them all day on repeat.
    ....and 'Ponyo', 'Hotarubi no Mori e', and 'Hachi'. (Yes, I cried for all three).

I think I read most genres of stories, but enjoy thriller/psychological more, along with mystery, slice of life, and romance. Preferably not those genres all mixed together. ( 0_o)
    I love thrillers a lot since we get to see the 'bad side' or antagonist's view of things usually, at least in the stories I've read.
    And most of the time, I pity them after seeing their side of things and thought process and their reasons as to why they chose to do something. It doesn't condone their actions, of course not, or make them any less of a 'bad' person, but I think it makes them seem even more human than before; in a way.
    I dunno, anyway-

I hope we can have more fun discussions in the future.
    I think I'm getting the hang of using this now too! :D

stay swagger <3

Ariella97 likes this.
  2. Ariella97

Ariella97 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nice to see a forum for newbies (like me) to self-introduce. I was wondering where to post my self-introduction yesterday LOL!

Hi, I'm Ari. I knew about NU through an email after I started my translation work on Wu Chang Jie. I was confused about what 'NU' was until I asked my current tl editor, and slowly I came to understand what NU is about :D I like to be alone most of the time, doing my own stuff at my own pace, but I'll still go out twice a week (during weekends). Meet friends on Saturday and family gathering on Sunday. I would consider myself a neutral person with very few opinions about things, also because I'm not very good with words. Usually, I'll only browse forums rather than commenting.

Interest:
    I'm mainly interested in Ancient Chinese Danmei novels, audio dramas, dramas, donghuas and manhuas, because I love how complex the plots are and how the authors include all types of elements inside (humour, pain, sweetness etc.).

My BL exposure journey:
    I first encountered BL genre through an anime called 'Junjou Romantica', youtube recommended me that, and idk why HAHA. From there, I slowly exposed myself to BL mangas. After that, I did some google search on what BLs are recommended to read/watch, and I found MDZS, which always appears in different lists on the websites. Initially, I was judging, thinking it's weird to hear animated characters speaking in Chinese, but still, I decided to give it a try. And boy oh boy, I legit got sucked into a black hole of BL world after watching MDZS. And I really took my initial judgement back on donghuas.

What I'm currently doing:
    I'm currently doing a tl of 2 Ancient Chinese novels written by Shui Qian Cheng, one is Wu Chang Jie and the other is The Blood Crown. You guys can have a look in the NovelUpdates. I absolutely love everything about them, from storylines to character developments, it's just great! Aside from translating everyday, I also do read other BL novels such as 2ha. I'm also doing an online business on making accessories catering to Lolitas, as well as interning in a lab at school.

Future plan:
    I hope to work from home after completing my compulsory intern, so that I can dedicate more time to translation as well as doing my favourite stuffs :)

I'm still pretty new to NU, especially after discovering there's a forum section in NU. I hope to explore more when I'm free as well as understand the rules here better. :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Mr. Tired likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck with your translations and @Welcome to NUF ~

Ariella97 likes this.
  4. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck with translating and welcome to NUF !

Ariella97 likes this.
  5. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww, thats so nice of you!

6. Khaos-Thanathan

Khaos-Thanathan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!

Been using NU for a while now since reviews are crucial for chinese webnovels since both synopsis and title are often misleading.

I like reading (obviously), video games, listening to music (mostly metal, several soundtracks, orchestral stuff, etc.), meeting and hanging out with friends; I'm interested in politics and economy; and that's it, I guess...

I mostly read chinese and korean novels; mostly the Xianxia/Xuanhuan and VR-MMO kinda stuff. I don't really get japanese novels - at least those I've read are all rather written like some theater piece intead like a novel, but maybe those were just unlucky picks.

7. Kuroyuki92

Kuroyuki92 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello~
    Nice to meet you
    My name is Kuroyuki92, you can call me whatever you want to call me as long as it is the word in my account name.
    I have been using NU for quite a long time and just created this NU account because I wanted to try something new and different.
    My hobby is reading, listen to others problems, making or learn something new, eating, traveling and photography. I read almost every genre as long as I think it's have an interesting plot and have a lot of surprises or hard to predict stories. I love to read and it's the only thing that I never get bored of after start reading from about 2y/o. I hope to explore many new things from NUF.
    I hope you have a nice day ^v^.

8. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome

Kuroyuki92 likes this.
  9. Zora Manhwa

Zora Manhwa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname: Zora
    Hobbies/interests: Gaming, Casual Anime Watcher and Manga/Manhwa/Manhua Reader, Doodling Artist, Practice Writing
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Romance, Slice of Life, Spoilers, Videogame Life, Body Swap/New Life in an Alt World
    Your favorite novel/read and WHY: I have a lot I like, but if I had to choose my favorite it would be Death is the only ending for a Villainess! I love that Manhua because I care about the FL, Penelope. She has to deal with so much devilish abuse simply for just existing and it's sickening that her abusers get away with it in the first try. The second try is when things change and Penelope 2.0 takes this chance to turn things around slowly! I want her to have a happy ending where someone will love her for who she is and not what terrible people say about her. She deserves so much better!

10. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi : ) I’m a recently retired lurker, so I do recognize a few of the older names on here (even if no one recognizes me, hahahaha). I go by bb, and some of my hobbies include reading (of course), working with textiles, and adoring the local neighborhood spiders I come across. I’m admittedly a huge fan of romance but my absolute favorite genre would have to be horror. As for my favorite novel... can I- can I say A Hundred Years of Solitude? I feel like that doesn’t really click with the crowd on here. I don’t know, if anyone else is a fan of post-colonial surrealism let me know haha.

Anyways it was fun to see other people’s introductions, it seems like everyone here is very nice. Have a good day and I hope everyone is safe and well. <3

11. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome

12. Deleted member 347182

Deleted member 347182 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!!
    Nice to meet y'll. I'm UkyShīzun. I joined NU yesterday. You can call me Shīzun/Shīzu whatever you like.
    Well,I like to watch anime,reading manga/manhwas. I can read any genre,as long as they have interesting plots. Currently reading isekai manhwas, I don't have a favorite manhwa,as I like all the manhwas I read so far,but if I have to choose I would like to choose "Villainess lives twice". I like Tia's strategy & how she's quick to make decision in a difficult situation,her train of thoughts &how she rationalize with facts and doesn't let her emotions or anything get in the way of her plan. It's hard to find story like this. I like how the author wrote this storyline.There so many things I like in this manhwa.
    I don't particular have a hobby,but I like to learn foreign languages & cultures of different country.
    Lastly I am glad to join NU & I hope y'll have a very nice day.
    English is not my first language,so plz ignore if I made some mistake.

13. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to NUF new members! :blobhighfive: Hope you like it here~ :blob_grin:

Deleted member 347182 likes this.
  14. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome . There’s another shizu @Shizukani

15. CookieC

CookieC Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I just joined yesterday, even though I had been using the site for at least 5-ish years to get my novel fix (although I'm a bit sad that lots of them dropped midway haha). Anyway, I'm here to take a look and searching for good recommendation (preferably the one with good writing :blobwink:)

Thanks!

16. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh welcome! Tagging @Thefie and @Melodious Nocturne :aww::cookie:

17. Kefie

Kefie 《Lazy Pirate》《⚓️》《Step Red Sibling》

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary: It was meant to be distraction tactics :blob_pout:

19. CookieC

CookieC Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. cyahorizon

cyahorizon New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya
    The name is cyahorizon but Ace/Yu is fine.
    I like reading random stuff to get away from reality I guess? I read mostly fantasy,sci-fi, isekai if it's interesting enough and a bit of romance. Though I guess, I prefer novels that don't focus on the pairing at times, too.. But hey, anything is fine.
    I've been lurking in this site for quite some time and finally had the mind to actually create an acc.
    Due to me focusing only on reading, I forgot to explore and posted a status first before knowing what to do first lol

Deleted member 304540 likes this.