Korean (묵향) MookHyang - Dark Lady

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by zivoy, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Eternalconflict

Eternalconflict Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha you know this one isn't even cannon the author wrote this one for fun just so happened to get a adaption.

2. phreakinsane

phreakinsane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And with that I know it's just kinky disgusting garbage that I shan't ever touch. Thankyou kind sir for letting us know the spoilers!

3. Kollux

Kollux Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets start with "i dropped this iafter the genderbend" now then i believe what happened was something around expectations that got dashed with the sudden GB that happened.

First of all it happened on a latter chapter (27? ffs...), just when i was having hopes of what kind of story it may be, i saw several plot points (magic vs martial arts, the golem-mechas) and was sold with the murim-in-fantasy story, i dont give a frick it was foreshadowed, mc suddenly turning into a girl and losing all cultivation was such a huge dick move it immediatly broke my suspension of disbelief.

Look i expect this kind of twist in slice of life stories or drama heavy genres, its one of the moves i hate in action genre because its so easy to screw up when they happen i always take a breather since it ends in being either too stupid for me to keep going or just because its setting the new plot/changes old one and its kinda promising/not, basically a moment where you decide if you drop the series or keep going later that only a couple of authors have managed to pull of very well.

You know those series where you had a couple then they split and the girl goes with her friend but still has feelings for first bf and then they break up but surprise the old bf has a gf but not really then before the official couple can go back second gf says shes pregnant but not really then you wonder how can all these people be so stupid and selfish? more times than one is that theyre just very disfunctional people and thats why they act so stupid. Thats drama for you so its not blindsided if something dramatic happens and you write it off as they being a bunch of stupid/troubled people then you take a rest and go on with your life until you remember you havent finished this and look for it again, honestly this is quite emotionally draining and its not something i expect without explicitly looking for it.

Yeah drama has its own genre and im a sucker for my shoujo manwha/manga, If you like heavy drama stories then maybe you dont mind this turn, i was really sold the murimxfantasy i had expectations! it was the avengers! it was one of those power rangers crossovers! pre burn darth vader suddenly faces a sauron wielding soul edge! goku vs superman! genre crossovers like this one...for example fantasyxscifi are hard to get right, and even if they end up being mediocre theyre pretty good in my experience but this one is the exception.

For the record i dont mind gbs(ive read nononono, yasei no last boss, the one with the closet where the guy was rich i cant remember its name) it was just so badly implemented here im flabbergasted to the point i wouldnt recommend author to anybody and i cant even enjoy their other works even if theyre fairly mediocre, maybe korean guys /girls like this stuff? i can see this targeting a particular market hence why there are people that dont mind it.

Ive read some comments and he got saved before he was raped.

i also dont like it but i just wrote off the series after the GB SO of course i wasnt gonna like it.

Kazu Vezzer and phreakinsane like this.
  4. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The gender-bender was unnecesary and cruel to MC. If author needed a debuff to MC, he/she could transform him into a child version of himself or even just seal his mana, since he has no defense against magic.

I dropped it after chapter 28, but I find it offensive to both men and women. MC will rebuild his/her power and become op again, but what is the moral of that, only women with a man's soul/mind can become powerful? I have not seen how it evolves, but I assume the little girl MC took form from will become a powerful priest whose rol will be to give support. Both characters have the same body, but the one with a male soul will have offensive power and the one with female soul will have support power?

I don't know how the story evolves, but hope I'm wrong about that.

Who cares what the intention was, nobody should force a change of gender upon anyone. Not even the magicians wanted to change MC's gender, they wanted to transform him into a dragon or a bug, they didn't thought they would deprive him of his manhood. It would have been so funny if MC was banished again through another forced teleport.

Sorry for the rant. I was also disappointed of the sudden gender-bender. I'm not against gender-bender, I liked and support Bai Ning Bing from Reverend Insanity. It was so fun his/her adventure with MC and that character was interesting. That was a nice gender-bender. Same for Hei Lou Lan of the same novel.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Kazu Vezzer likes this.
  5. Iamnotworthy

Iamnotworthy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read about that in namu wiki, have you read the novel? Can you give spoiler a little?

6. khahlis

khahlis New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think many of you continued to read after the gender bent part... i personally hate gender bent manga/manhwa, but with dark he doesn't just become all feminine and all that. he becomes slumped for a couple of chapters then basically gets back to being as strong as he was before, he doesn't lose any sense of the masculinity he had before and acts the same as he was... there isn't a slow in pace of action nor does it become how every other gender bent type story goes.

7. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's seems That a lot of you don't know nothing about this series, so i'll explain everything for you. Obviously mookhyang is adapted from a novel, the novel started in 1998 and it's still ongoing with 36 volumes and 905 chapters; the novel is divided in 4 parts. This one, the origin, is the FIRST PART OF THE NOVEL and dark lady the second. So it's not that they decided to made the prequel of dark lady, simply they adapted this part, the first, after. Now you will probably asking why they do this confusing things and now i'll explain everything.
    In origin mookhyang dark lady was supposed to be a single parody book, but unespectedly it had a lot of success (beacuse this series is the first novel that united murim and fantasy, the fusion fantasy genre) so it became a 10 books series, that's all. Dark lady is also non-canonic so that's why they probably adapted it first. So at the end of this poem i'll write the division of all the 4 parte of the novel:
    1)the first part mookhyang the origin: the firsts 4 volumes of the novel.
    2)mookhyang dark lady: the second part of the novel (like i have already said is non-canonic so you can skip this) covering the volumes between 5 and 14 for a total of 10 volumes.
    3) the third part is when mookhyang return to the murim and it covers the volumes between 15 and 28 for a total of 14 volumes.
    4)the fourth part is still ongoing and it covers the volumes between 29 and 36, for a total of 8 volumes.
    I hope you understand everything and sorry for my errors.

A comment that i wrote some month ago in mookhyang the origin, hope you appreciate.

Rbliss and Faelrix like this.
  8. imdamiana

imdamiana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the name is literally dark lady, what the fuck did you expect?

9. Dragobantai

Dragobantai New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're pretty stupid and ignorant ngl. He turns into a weak girl and almost kills himself but then overcomes it and trains back to his peak as the strongest. Then afterwards, he regains his body and after going through the process of losing all his strength and climbing back up from that, he's even stronger. Either your spoiler was wrong or you're so ignorant that the mere thought of a guy being put through hell by being turned into a woman against his will, and then overcoming that to still become the strongest, is insulting to your fragile manhood.

10. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And you, dear stranger, lack reading comprehension. Or chose to conveniently ignore my emphasis not so much on the quality of the story as on the issue of missing tags and misled expectations. Besides, the fact that he works his way back up nowhere detracts from the fact that he does turn into a powerless girl at one point. I even pointed out that while it might not be for me, I have no issues with others enjoying it for what it is.

People like you who love to launch personal, uncalled for diatribes against others for their opinions are, in my opinion, the scum of the internet, hiding their fragile egos and venomous tongues behind the mask of anonymity. Civil discussions on the story can be had without resorting to name-calling, but some are obviously too butthurt to see reason.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  11. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the whole content from the f*king title, that's what! Everything makes sense in retrospect, but foresight isn't exactly 20/20, y'know?! :rolleyes:

12. arachneee

arachneee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, everyone says gender bender ruined the whole plot, but as the story progresses , the story becomes interesting because of his curse and everyone just misunderstands his actions because they think she's a girl but actually he's a guy inside. Everyone shouldn't judge the manhwa because of it's plot. It's actually interesting as you go deeper into the story.

13. shiroyui

shiroyui New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems I have just missed the window to get the raws as the elgoo website backups closed on Dec 18, 2023.

Does anyone still have a link to the raws or MTLed drive links?

14. zivoy

zivoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are still available on the internet archive here

15. Ipokun15

Ipokun15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Season 5 will return on March 18
    [​IMG]

16. Sweet_Bunny