Discussion (1) what do you think about...Hidden Marriage

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by efo, May 7, 2021.

1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking about making this kind of threads every once in a while like what do think about this or that novel. so we begin with... Hidden Marriage.

personal opinion: it's been so long I can't remember every detail but what I absolutely remember is... I clearly, extremely HATED mc's childhood love, he was naive, an ABSOLUTE IDIOT for not realizing that the girl he's been dating for AT LEAST 6 YEARS was a villain... AND HER PARENTS TOO, SHE WAS WITH THEM ALL HER LIFE... *gasp* alright I'm okay... aside from that I liked mc and ml they were nice but what I didn't like was that at first it was realistic like you could say "yeah it can happen in real life" but towards the end it turned into a supernatural thing like "no it's impossible".

sooooo what do you think about Hidden Marriage?
    should I make more of this thread?

FIEND likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I really can't think anything of a novel I haven't read, but I wouldn't be surprised if anything that ran as long as it did (2000+ chs) eventually runs off the rails, especially considering it's more of a romance drama than a cultivation novel spanning bazillion years. I recall being discouraged from trying this novel by the sheer amount of chs and the profusion of tags, not to mention the synopsis which made it sound like it was going to be full of dog blood and faceslapping.

That said, this thread should be in the Novel Discussion sub-forum since it's about one particular novel, and maybe the thread title should also mention Hidden Marriage so that readers of that specific novel can come discuss. Just a suggestion.

3. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ummm how can I move it there ?

otaku31 likes this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't, but you can click on the Report button below your first post to request the mods to move it to the appropriate sub forum.

efo likes this.
  5. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well next time then

otaku31 likes this.
  6. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit these kinds of novels... they kill my brain cells more than an MTL reading does. ML is a chauvinist idiot, FL is the Mary Sue who is abused but will go back to 'true love' :sick: *blerh*
    I remember when I was new to the community and I started looking for romance novels and used to scour webnovel for it (I didn't know about NU back then:blobsob:)
    The repeated flat scenes of face slapping, the flat characters, the overly-jealous dumbass patriarchal men, the female with literally no choice to do what she wants when it matters, pitting females against each other or having female friendships where one of them is just.... stupid who will foolishly agree with everything FL says and has no thoughts of her own... so much more to criticize!!! I would rather read a novel with 30 chapters but has a good plot, good characters with dimension and actual character development than a 2k+ chapters worth of pure nonsense churned for the sake of word count and money :blobthumbsdown:

Taruna, Shio, ludagad and 1 other person like this.
  7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't understand why it was so popular that it spawned 5000 copycats.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cheap drama sells. I know because the soap opera in my country have similar stupid story but still get so popular.

Taruna, efo and ludagad like this.
  9. sovoy

sovoy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my guilty pleasure, especially when I just want to turn off my brain and relax with some satisfying faceslapping. I've been looking for other novels like this but so far the only similar one I could finish was Perfect Secret Love: The Bad New Wife is a Little Sweet. Novels like this really like toeing the cringe line, so it's easy to turn into garbage. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone (out of shame lol) but 100% will reread.