Spoiler 소꿉친구를 폭군으로 키웠습니다: I Raised a Childhood Friend as a Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ocefossa, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Honeydew Summer

Honeydew Summer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think ML also remember his first life, the life that MC died sacrificing herself
    :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Dobokan likes this.
  2. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    It's sad to know that the ml can die under any circumstances. I think if the same thing happens again he'll sacrifice his life for the fl this time.

3. limueee

limueee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer, I MTL so sorry if my translations are off..

Noticed the manhwa has some different scenes or is missing some mini parts of the books. One part is chapter 8 of the manhwa where you see the fireworks and the kids are lighting them outside.

Before the fireworks, Viche convinces Jade and the twins to sneak out to light fireworks which then later butler Lewis scolds her for getting past the guard sneaking out and using magic (fireworks). Also it's pretty funny as Duffy is like like "she did it." Viche just wants to beat Duffy up after they are caught.:blobrofl:
    The manwha is at chapter 20 which is almost half way through volume 1 of the series.

Chapter 20 of the manwha ends with Viche out in the terrace and she is greeted by Felix the eldest son of a Persian duke.

From Volume 1:
    Section 6: Debut and Secret (Title of the section in the 1st Volume)

(T/N: I'll summarize from after chapter 20 of the manhwa)
    • Viche remembers in the 1st timeline, it was Felix's father who stabs her and thinks it's interesting that usually enemies meet at a bridge vs a terrace.
    • Felix complements that Viche is beautiful as the rumor.
    • Viche's like, I'm a homebody and don't interact with everyone how would anyone know? She decides she shouldn't be rude to him as it's not his fault that his father is the one she resents from the 1st timeline.
    • He just stands there and Viche starts to get uncomfortable she asks him ..um..are you just going to stand there as she wants him to leave?
    • Felix offers to be her friend and Viche's isn't open to that idea and thinking a way to politely leave.
    • Suddenly Jade appears and Viche who is relieved walks over to him. Looking at Viche, he asks what's the matter and then looks up coldly at Felix asking who this person is.
    • Both boys glare at each other.
    • Viche sensing the tension decides to introduce the two of them. When Viche introduces who Jade is, Felix sneers at him saying he's heard of Jade.
    • Jade coldly replies, now that you know, we will be on our way.
    • Felix snaps back that he has no business with Jade and that Jade was cutting in.
    • Viche's thinks it's Felix who's being tackless and rude.
    • Viche knows the Jade is the Emperor's son and so higher ranked than Felix but she can't say that so instead she warns Felix that Jade is like a brother to her and family. Felix is a guest of their house and needs to watch his manners.
    • Felix clenches his teeth and tells Viche she is making a mistake but she retorts back that it is Felix who is in error.
    • This makes Felix furious and he roars back. Viche thinks any moment now there's going to be a brawl suddenly there is major buzzing in the back around and we turn to see the current Crown Prince Carmel, Jade's half brother appear at Viche's debute party.
    • Felix seeing the Crown Prince, rushes away to join him.
    • Viche goes "OMG" the crown prince is here and she quickly glances at Jade to see if he's alright. (See the manhwa chapter 18 where Butler Lewis tells her to go to Jade to write the invitations to the debut ball)
    • Viche calls out Jade's name but he doesn't respond as he is staring at the current Crown Prince.
    • When she calls his name again Jade looks down at Viche and tells her to sit down on the bench.
    • Viche's like huh? and does what he asks confused.
    • Then Jade picks up Viche's discarded ballroom shoes and starts to put them on her feet.
    • Viche freaks out blushing wanting to put the shoes on herself but Jade ignores her and brushes the dirt off her feet and then gently puts back her shoes on her feet.
    • As he's kneeling before her, he looks up and tell her, "I can't take my eyes off you for a second.":blobmelt:
    • As he pulls her up to her feet, knowing the Crown Prince is here, Viche asks Jade if he's tired.
    • He looks at her asking why?
    • She quickly tells him if he tired they should both head back and rest.
    • Jade crosses his arms looking down at her, "...Oh, how obvious your head is right now."
    • "What?"
    • Jade tells her they shouldn't won't skip out on the most important thing for her debut party.
    • Viche's like, "What's important?"
    • Jade takes her hands and gentle leads her back into the ballroom and comments that she's been practicing so hard lately for it. She basically forgot that she hadn't dance yet for her own debut party and was going to skip out.:blob_grin:
    • Jade pulls her toward the center of the hall under the main chandeliers
    • Viche notices people are all talking about them and many of the young ladies are looking at Jade and she remembers how in the past many ladies were oogling him.
    • As both face each other, Jade comments let's see how much you've improved, asks Viche for the 1st dance and makes Viche laugh.
    • She tells him of course and puts her hands in his as he guides her through her 1st dance.:blobnosebleed:
    -- MTL ---
    When I laid my hand gently on Jade's open hand, a strong force pulled me in and fixed me firmly. Jade's physical presence was stifling. My senses became sensitive even at a short distance, a small breath of laughter escaped me.

Jade's hand, firmly propped up, felt bigger today. Now that he is tall enough to look up, he was already closer to a man than a boy.

"Oops."

The steps got tangled up in the wrong idea. But Jade did not panic and naturally led the move.

"A different thought." Jade suggested as he picked up on this feeling of mine shrewdly.

Focus, focus!
    ----
    • After the 1st dance which was a waltz, both head to the refreshments. Viche is feeling parched and she realized she's tired because she's nervous for some reason.
    • She asks if Jade's been practicing behind her back since he's so good at it. She even asks if he's been practicing with Duffy :blobrofl:
    • "What the heck are you even talking about?"
    • "Young lady Amelian"
    • Turning around both are confronted by Camel, the Crown Prince who stands with the young Duke Felix.
    • Viche quickly bows and greets the Crown Prince.
    • He thanks her for the invitation and she replies that it is an honor that he came to her debut.
    • She's wondering why did he come all the way here.
    • The Crown Prince mentions it is his first time at the Amelian mansion and she should open it more often.
    • Viche's like NOT ON YOUR LIFE and never wants to open it again.:blobrofl:
    • The the Crown Prince looks behind Viche and goes "Oh?"
    • Viche is quickly trying to introduce Jade under his new identity when the Crown Prince stops her and tells her he knows him already.
    • The crown prince is 4 years older so Viche is freaking out that the Crowrn Prince remembers Jade but suddenly the Crown Prince Carmel says, "He's your cousin, isn't he?"
    • Instead of recognizing Jade as a brother to jab at him. This makes Viche upset.
    • Both Jade and Carmel look at each other and then Viche tells the Crown Prince to please enjoy the banquet as she pulls Jade's arm and they depart.
    • Furious, she's pulling Jade along with her. Jade has to call her name a few times because she's too upset to stop or acknowledge him. Tears of anger are forming his her eyes for Jade.
    • When they're away she turns to him and Jade smiles down at her.
    • Viche wished she said this in the last 5 years but tells him now, that he needs to become the emperor so don't let them look down on him.
    • Jade doesn't look angry instead he calmly holds on to Viche's arms and pulls her in. "Viche" "I'm not interested in the throne." :blobfearful:
    • Viche's like "WHAT?!" The Jade she remembers in the 1st time wanted to be the emperor but this Jade..when did he not want it? He needs to be the FL, Cecila, break the curse and be happy.
    • Frustrated she asks him "Why,...why wouldn't you?"
    • He tells her "It's a position that has more to lose than to gain."
    • "What?" It was absurd but true. The emperor's seat was too much to lose emotion, human relations, time and health. But Jade gets something more precious than anything else. Cecilia. <-- is what Viche is thinking
    • "Why do you want me to be the emperor so badly?"
    • "Its....!" Viche can't tell him they're in a novel, she's from a different world, and the needs to fall in love with the FL.
    • "Why do you want me to be emperor so blindly?"
    • "What do you mean blind?”
    ---MTL ---
    "If I were to be emperor, your life would be sacrified."
    At his words, I forgot to exhale.
    This wording was…… something was wrong. I'm sure. "What are you talking about?"
    I felt strange and twisted my arm to get out of Jade's grip. But Jade seemed all the more unwilling to let me go.
    "Viche."
    Jade's voice calling me was somewhere low.
    "I can't lose you.”
    What does that mean?
    "For whatever reason."
    It was definitely Jade with a soft smile like the spring sunshine, but his light eyes were not pleasant.
    At that moment, I felt instinctively that something was wrong.

Five years after returning, I had some doubts for the first time. An assumption that I have never thought of.
    Maybe this guy knows something.

--- End of Section 6 ---

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  4. Natamcia

Natamcia (❁´◡`❁) <33

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg THANK YOU!
    Is this the whole volume 1?

syofiaa, rainychic, Re zetrax and 2 others like this.
  5. Nicolesmith

Nicolesmith Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I read in the manhwa, she was being executed on a terrace and ML came speeding on a horse towards the site, but he was stuck with the onlookers below. She looked at him and confessed to killing and he was yelling at her to say no. He fell on his knees crying confessing that it was him, but no one cared since he wasn't being executed.
    Gotta comment this because it does seem to be a theme where the MCs second life she falls in love with someone who executed her/ordered it/let it happen. But, in this case, the ML did what he could. I'm guessing he realized too late what was going on and was powerless to save her, since she herself wanted to take the fall.

6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how they don't both realise that the other has regressed

7. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    What a terrible fate has befallen the male character. He has to see the love of his life die before his eyes first and now he has to see her fall in love with someone else!

8. Natamcia

Natamcia (❁´◡`❁) <33

Reading List:
    Link
    Fall with someone else?! Whaaaat no way. But Mc end up with Jade (probably?) soo wth

simplysharonda likes this.
  9. Vinajovan

Vinajovan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He fall with crown prince?? Really.. Mann I hope this is not true

10. Anidori

Anidori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, what are you talking about? Are you giving spoilers or are you misunderstanding their comment?

11. Natamcia

Natamcia (❁´◡`❁) <33

Reading List:
    Link
    [QUOTE = "Vinajovan, post: 6391881, członek: 297019"] Upada z księciem? Naprawdę… Mam nadzieję, że to nieprawda [/ QUOTE]
    czy mogę wiedzieć, skąd masz te informacje? :0

12. Natamcia

Natamcia (❁´◡`❁) <33

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't Jade supposed to be Ml, who is abandoned by the imperial family?

simplysharonda likes this.
  13. phan_phew

phan_phew Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [QUOTE = "Anidori, pos: 6392137, anggota: 345029"] Apa ?? Putra mahkota adalah ML. [/ QUOTE]
    Is this really going to happen or is it just your guess? I hope that's not true

happydot likes this.
  14. Anidori

Reading List:
    Link
    Jade (ML) is the crown prince. FL mentions this when the twins were bullying him (chapter 5 of manhwa).
    (Unless there's a different crown prince in the novel? I only read the manhwa.)

EDIT: Jade isn't crown prince, apparently. I guess there's a mistranslation in the manhwa. I stand corrected. Pls ignore my previous comments. ^^

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  15. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    I got that idea from this. Is it just a comment? I didn't give any spoilers. I haven't yet started reading this novel. So who knows! :blob_catflip:
    |
    V​

16. happydot

happydot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jade isn’t the crown prince. The crown prince, his half brother, appears later.

syofiaa and DOHere like this.
  17. Anidori

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why do they mention it in the manhwa? I guess it's a mistranslation? :/

Also, will be deleting my previous comment to avoid misinformation. hehe~
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  18. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but the cover is jade and viche.. damn i hope they're not pulling an inso's law on us

19. Anidori

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh okay. I panicked when I read your comment. I don't want Viche to fall for someone else. I really like Jade and Viche, I'm a sucker for the childhood friend trope!

20. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering why would he start a rebellion if he's the crown prince and his father is dead. The existence of his brother cleared up the misunderstanding. So I guess he rebelled and forcefully took the crown after her death

syofiaa and Mitsuki000 like this.