Recommendations Novel where the Mental Health Aspects of the MC are treated realistically?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SARANAEL, May 11, 2021.

1. SARANAEL

SARANAEL Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title might sound a little confusing, so to clarify...
    I'm looking for a novel where the MC has somewhat bad mental health, whether this means they are depressed, traumatized, or turning crazy, I just want the aspects of their deteriorating (deteriorated) mental health treated realistically and correctly. So in other words it has to be part of the story preferably mentioned more than just a few times.

To give an example, many Isekai novels nowadays state that the MC was in some way abused or treated poorly or depressed but the consequences of their apparent abuse get never mentioned in the story.

I just finished Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess and the MC's abuse was treated realistically and her worldview was affected because of it. (Also with this example, I really liked Penelope (the MC) because she's not weak just because she had been abused. I'd prefer it if the MC isn't just wallowing in sadness and actively trying to either get help or at least fix their situation)

I don't want to continue reading stories where the MC's reactions are bland or unrealistic. Dying (based on Isekais now) would be considered extremely traumatic but I never see any kind of reaction towards it besides maybe in the initial first few chapters.
    I hope there are some interesting stories out there with the aspects I mentioned, thank you for all recommendations :)

2. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Mr. Meh Man

Mr. Meh Man Subtly suggests yuri

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only ever watched the anime, but didn't Re: Zero's protagonist slowly go crazy?

5. SARANAEL

SARANAEL Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also to elaborate, I'd like to exclude any type of Harem or Ecchi novels, these are genres I rather dislike:blobupset:

6. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    Guide To Raising the Sick Villain?