LCD M E M O R I Z E

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by craBebe, Sep 23, 2016.

1. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm really enjoying the premise of this novel, but unfortunately the MC seems to be going down the same shitty path the MC from Reincarnator went down. Mainly, even though he's the most powerful person around, he takes this worthlessly passive stance and lets poisonous individuals ruin everything because he's too lazy to act. Not many chapters in yet, but so far I'm extremely disappointed in the MC. Here's to hoping something changes for the better in the near future.

2. emry987

emry987 can not think of one just too lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    it is only 12 chapters but i have not read the story so do u have anything to say what make u disappointed give me an example

3. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    He let a scummy character act as he please and taking control of the situation and he just watched.. literally

4. I your Father

I your Father Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He isn't that much powerful, he is just a bit stronger, in time the others might cath up to him.

5. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    brain jogging~

6. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont like this kind of mc :mad:

7. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what stories you're reading. The MC in Reincarnator doesn't do useless things. There's no point in which a poisonous individual ruins everything. When they try they tend to get killed.

The MC in Memorize had a similar plan to the scummy guy. Take the people he wanted into a group and leave the rest to die. We haven't even seen how the MC will act yet so how has everything been ruined? Literally all he has to do is say he's forming his own team and the other guy's plan implodes. Also he's trying to hide how strong he is so as to not draw attention. You're just whining for no reason. My complaints would be how long this part is dragging on.

B4N4N3R0 likes this.
  8. Neydomus

Neydomus Non-Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you havent read it then dont go posting in a latest chapter discussion thread u douchebag.

just because it isnt a disgusting harem u dont like it? go f*ck yourself.

more importantly, why the fuck would the MC care what happens to ordinary commoners.
    sure, he saw their stats, and would like to recruit* some of them, but theyre still just random NPC'S* in his perspective. afterall he beat this shitty game* once, now hes back again just for his loved one, not some strangers that may or may not have some potential....

B4N4N3R0 likes this.
  9. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't tell if this is sarcasm ^^^^^

Daruda likes this.
  10. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    103.jpg

11. Jastolus

Jastolus [Anti-Nihilist] [Captain]

Reading List:
    Link
    The differences between MEMORIZE's MC and Hansoo is, that Hansoo works for the benefit of Humanity and has to start all over again, instead of having a starting position better that what many might reach in their entire lives.

12. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    why would he want teammates that he has to babysit and make decisions for every single time?
    besides that devil guy hasn't done anything like murder, if the MC just goes up and kills him saying he's evil or kicks him out of the group wouldn't he seem ruthless or delusional? you cant just expect the MC to be able to convince everyone right off the bat, there needs to be time to build trust and convince them to follow him or it'll just end up where he is semi-forcing them to follow him with a hallow relationship and they'll leave when they get the chance and not stay for long.

13. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Man. Reincarnator is the most frustrating read of anything I've come across on NU. He leaves all these poisonous pieces around, just waiting for them to ruin his plans before he deals with them. His whole "no kill" policy comes back to bite him in the ass repeatedly and just makes things so much more complicated than they need to be. Every single effort he makes in that novel is always being thwarted by some selfish/fearful/jealous twit. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. It gets really old having to read about that constantly.

This MEMORIZE MC is doing the exact same thing. He should have just killed off that thug right at the beginning, when he had that first impulse to put a crossbow bolt through his face, taken charge of the group, and protected the people he wanted to protect while letting the stragglers keep up or die.

He's been gifted an absurd amount of stats and abilities to start with, completely outclassing the rest of the pack, he has the power to take on this kind of role so I really don't understand why he's letting this complete douchebag manipulate the flow of the game.

Man this is coming from someone who spent the past 10 years in a survival, kill or be killed game. He's seen every scenario played out before, and that thug douche is the kind of person who does nothing but ruin the entire situation. It would be one thing if he was new to the game, but the fact that he's a veteran and someone who survived to the point that he was able to win this scenario, it makes no sense that he wouldn't take care of these problems right off the bat.

Things are only going to get exponentially worse as the game progresses, and coddling his teammates isn't helping anyone. I would rather him start off at a sprint and expect the rest of the pack to keep up.

As far as getting people to trust him, at this point they're just looking for someone to follow. If he steps up, and tells them what to do they'll just follow like sheep. After a short enough period of time following him, and realizing his skills, he'll show them his capabilities as a leader by example.

I dunno man, he was given a huge amount of stats and abilities right from the beginning as a reward of winning the previous game. There was even a question of balance that the MC was constantly being brought up, in the context of his immediate vicinity he's at a way higher level than anyone else. Obviously this advantage will even out in the future, but for now it seems like he's way overpowered compared to anyone else. Ignoring his abilities or anything else, just his in game experience puts him at the top of the leaderboard.

It's the fact that the MC isn't taking care of a poisonous individual in the group, even though he completely knows better. He's already been through every experience this game has to offer, and repeatedly talks about how he knows how much trouble this kind of person will make for the group, and that he should just kill him, but he doesn't. So we have to read through chapter after chapter of this guy corrupting the group, when the MC could (and probably will at some point) just shoot him in the face and be done with it.

That's was mainly my issue with Reincarnator, was you could pick out these personalities that are going to end up dead eventually, and the MC knows they're problem individuals, and that he'll probably have to kill them at some point. But instead of doing it right away he just lets them mess things up, until things reach a breaking point and then he offs them. He could have saved us chapters of anguish by getting things out of the way so we didn't have spend chapters fuming over the poison the punk is spewing.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  14. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a big difference in the path the MC of each story chose... The MC in Reincarnator is trying not to be contradictory to his goals of not killing humans that can be saved in order to save humanity. The MC in M E M O R I Z E isn't interested in humanity he's interested in one thing and that's protecting the girl he failed to protect. Why should the latter MC care about others? All he's interested in is getting a group of helpful individuals in order to improve his chances and hope they remain loyal to him. Why shouldn't he take a passive attitude to those not inline with his goals? He's not out to save humanity...

15. Jastolus

Jastolus [Anti-Nihilist] [Captain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really can't understand what you are talking aboutin regards to Reincarnator. Hansoo never realy had a 'No kill policy'. That was just an act to make himself seem like a more trustworthy leader. And that only lasted until the orange zone. If there is someone dangerous he can't target directly, he either kills them stealthily (such as Miyamoto) or uses some sort of trap. Let me give an example: In the orange zone there were a lot of people that didn't want to accept Hansoo's new order, but he couldn't know who all of them were. So he lured them into attacking him and then got most of them at once.
    If you disagree with my view, then pleas tell me why, so I can understand better.

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    You're talking nonsense. What specific examples are there of people he spares coming back to seriously threaten him? The people who get jealous and jump into his plans are people that came out of the woodwook or people that didn't actually do anything wrong beforehand to warrant him killing. Like the people who didn't want to join the new system in the orange zone. They were all in hiding. Then there's the people that betrayed them and brought the people to the temple or that scientist that brought the higher race guy to the orange zone. They did nothing wrong beforehand. There's also precedence of seemingly bad people becoming loyal to him. You talk as though there's loads of clearly terrible people running around that Hansoo is sparing. This never happens. The "poisonous pieces" tend to get killed as soon as he's able to do so.

Yes, he should have killed someone for no real reason and then expected everyone to follow him. Yeah, he'd have made it clear that he can protect everyone but still leave people to die and expect others to trust him. What sense does it make to kill the thug if he can just take his team and leave the guy behind? What you're saying makes no sense.

The thug is a fly buzzing around his head. He's literally no threat whatsoever. Therefore what reason is there to kill him? Because he's annoying? Is that a reason to kill someone? The MC can take control of the situation at any point so why not watch how things go? The thug isn't ruining anything. You're overreacting and getting dramatic for no reason. The MC hasn't even played his hand yet and you're complaining about him doing nothing.

The situation is basically like this. The thug is doing his thing. If what the thug is doing significantly affects the MC's plans then he has the option to act. If not then there's no reason to bother with him. Him putting up with him being annoying for a week isn't going to ruin any plans.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    B4N4N3R0 likes this.
  17. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the fact that the MC isn't taking care of a poisonous individual in the group, even though he completely knows better. He's already been through every experience this game has to offer, and repeatedly talks about how he knows how much trouble this kind of person will make for the group, and that he should just kill him, but he doesn't. So we have to read through chapter after chapter of this guy corrupting the group, when the MC could (and probably will at some point) just shoot him in the face and be done with it.

That's was mainly my issue with Reincarnator, was you could pick out these personalities that are going to end up dead eventually, and the MC knows they're problem individuals, and that he'll probably have to kill them at some point. But instead of doing it right away he just lets them mess things up, until things reach a breaking point and then he offs them. He could have saved us chapters of anguish by getting things out of the way so we didn't have spend chapters fuming over the poison the punk is spewing.
    I guess maybe it's that the author of Reincarnator spends so much time writing about people who are going to betray Hansoo that bothers me so much. There's so much plotting going on in the background and so many people who are undermining his efforts. I suppose he's ignorant of their true motives, I guess it's just a bothersome writing style to me. I've dropped the series numerous times because of this thing the author does, as in every single zone, in every single group of people, there is always a group working against him and I have to spend a ton of time reading about it.

I'm just getting the same vibe from Memorize, and a lot of it has to do with me venting about the last 4 chapters of having to read about this punk manipulating a bunch of sheep for the worse, when I really just want the MC to drop him. Yes, in a rational world he hasn't earned death, but at the same time I feel like this should be handled the way this was handled in Arena (took a long time for the MC to do what needed to be done in that one as well.) It's more just having to read about irritating characters that bother me.

These are characters that throw up death flag after death flag, you know they'll drop dead eventually, it's only a matter of time, but rather than just killing them off they're just there to ruin the story.

My logic is that the MC has lived in this cutthroat world for 10 years, and should have no compunctions about killing someone who's disruptive to the group and just irritates him. As I'm sure in the past he's probably killed people for less given the environment he was tossed into.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone is plotting against everyone else. Hansoo outfoxing these people is a major point of the story. Like when those guys came down into the pit to kill Hansoo while he was fighting the monster in the beginning of the story. Him just leaving when they came down was hilarious.

I'm annoyed at how long this is taking too but there's nothing wrong with the MC's character. This is like a child manipulating a bunch of kids while the MC is an adult. Like Lord of the Flies. The second the military shows up at the end all the power dynamics established are pointless. You keep saying that he's poisonous or that he'll cause trouble. That's only true in the context of the MC not being able to instantly shut him down. As of now he's not poisonous as he can't cause real trouble. There's nothing he can do that would threaten the MC's teammates as the MC can handle everything around. The guy in Arena was only killed because he attacked a teammate. He wasn't killed because of any of his other behavior. His other behavior while annoying was still within acceptable limits.

They only ruin the story for you because you don't like reading them. They don't bother other people. Especially in Reincarnator where they make the story more entertaining. My only problem is that the plot is moving so slowly.

The group being disrupted is completely irrelevant. Once again there's no real danger here to the MC so the group getting in order isn't really important. If this was a serious situation then killing him for disrupting the group would be justified by since he's basically got godmode on then that's an excuse for killing someone because you don't like hearing them talk. The MC is trying to act like a normal person not someone who has lived in a cutthroat world for 10 years. Even if these guys can't harm him things outside can. That's why he's hiding his abilities in the first place.

Also the thug might be good for the group overall. It might help them mature by dealing with him. You're the type that would have doomed Middle Earth by shooting Gollum to death the first chance you got.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  19. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read Lord of the Rings and never felt the need to off Gollum. I get the point you're trying to make, but at no point will this kind of character be anything but a detriment to the group.

I guess I prefer the King of the Battlefield approach as opposed to the Reincarnator approach in this scenario. He takes no shit and does what he has to reach his goals. This yakuza wannabe is someone who should have been killed as soon as he started messing with the group as you can tell exactly what kind of person he is and how he'll affect everyone present.

Like I said, I'm of the opinion that he should take Arena's approach in dealing with him and we'll have to agree to disagree on the merits of constantly reading about everyone working against the MC. That is literally the only point of conflict in Reincarnator, it is always about the other people being selfish and screwing everyone over out of their own cowardice. Personally, I don't enjoy reading about those kinds of things, that doesn't strike me as entertaining, especially when it's the only way the author knows how to create conflict in a story.

I am getting that exact same vibe from Memorize, hence my need to bitch and moan. It's completely subjective on my part, but it's just a matter of taste. We'll have to agree to disagree on this point, I just hope the author doesn't keep chaotic characters around as I hate reading about them. You can tell this guy has a dominant personality, is used to getting his way, can't stand being under anyone else, and will probably try either raping or forcing the women to submit to him at some point in the story. What makes matters worse is he's a manipulative sociopath which adds an entirely new level to his ability to fuck with the group. I have a pet peeve against poisonous characters and he nails every attribute the worst of them have. Maybe it'll change in the future, but from what I've read so far I'm not liking the trend.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    You haven't watched the Lord of the Rings movies? You should get on that. LotR spoilers.
    Basically Gollum is spared by characters throughout the series because of how pitiful he is. At the end the Ringbearer falls to the influence of the ring and can't destroy it. Gollum then jumps out of nowhere and bites the ring off of him before getting knocked into the magma and dying with the ring. Saving the day.
    The point being that even a detrimental thing can push things in a positive direction overall. Kind of like Hitler's rise making Imperialism and racism so unpopular. Or Mizuki leading to Naruto learning the shadow clone technique. Besides he's not a permanent member and it's not a permanent group.

King of the Battlefield and Reincarnator are almost exactly the same. Muyoung also ignored the people playing politics and being detrimental to the group. He didn't care about people scheming against him and only killed the thug when he directly came after him.

Arena's approach was to put up with him until he tried to rape someone. Why do you keep acting like they murdered him as soon as he started acting annoying? He'd probably end up as a permanent team member in Arena since he seems a lot smarter. Only point of conflict as opposed to what? They're directly placed in opposition to each other in the early stages and are strongly encouraged to kill each other to survive in Reincarnator. It's obvious they'll be selfish and screw each other over if humans are their primary competition. That's just logical story progression. Half the people you're complaining about don't even seem like chaotic people. You just seem to be complaining about people scheming towards the MC.

Why would the author keep him around? He's not a permanent team member like you keep portraying him as. At most he'll be around for 7 or so days. His ability to mess with the group is extremely small. Amusingly enough he seems to be on the road of convincing one of the girls to willingly submit to him rather than forcing them.

Anyway you need to remember that the group is only around for a week. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The thug as of now is a minor character that the MC can shut down whenever he wants. There's literally no reason to kill him now. He can cause no harm the MC can't easily stop or fix. I've already explained this multiple times. No matter how much you say he's a bad guy the MC has everything under control. That means his chaotic character is irrelevant. He can't rape anyone unless the MC allows him. He can't get anyone killed unless the MC allows it. That means he's just annoying. Period. That's all. He's not dangerous at all. Thus you're calling for him to be killed because he's annoying rather than any logical reason in the story.