LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Kphone89

Kphone89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't agree.
    If Potimas had the tech he had at the demon-elf war, he could've already become immortal without the risk he took when he became an elf. The weapons Potimas made and sold to various countries who likely improved them (more minds) couldn't even put a scratch on the true dragons-his technology was a joke.

I believe Potimas studied the system and then vastly improved his MA-tech. They would've had a couple years (2-4) to eliminate him. With all of humanity working to eliminate him, it wouldn't be impossible to acquire various ruler skils and synchronize to cast abyss magics at his location, eliminating his soul. Abyss magics have wide areas of effect.

Given that Kuro teleported to Potimas's position to talk to him, it's reasonable to expect space/dimension magic (which use the same principle) to work for teleporting into the barrier. Given the barrier likely reduces souls connection to the system (removing system's support for calculations), abyss magic should still be easily cast as well (since it relies entirely on the user(s)). Never overlook peoples willingness to sacrifice themselves because that's what servants do when they assassinate their corrupt kings-one for all.

Furthermore, Foddway leveled up at an outrageous pace. He was the first demon lord in an era with the most experience points. His ability to level up, collect skills, and erase anyone should've been second to gods and dragons.

Don't forget, Potimas can't survive if the planet runs out of MA energy.
    Even if Potimas was able to protect himself inside a barrier, it's not impossible to create a barrier surround his and lock him there until the end of time (or the planet). After a barrier or kill zone is set up, killing off all his clones pretty much gets you an automatic victory.
    The sad part is, this line could also be something Kuro could do since he wouldn't be killing him. hahaha

KhayDesu and Isabelle like this.
  2. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    High chance that she's gonna die in my opinion (just a gut feeling) assuming that there's still something left of her.

I remember having a foreshadowing in Vol 11 where Julius gets the Hero sword and The keeper remarks A man such as you might even be able to save a god instead and it doesn't really mean that he'd literally save her, savlation can come in different ways, though it is just speculation in my end.

Isabelle likes this.
  3. Tea leaves

Tea leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right only true Dragons can kill Potimas but all the true Dragons have been driven out by Sariel and Kuro is the only one who stayed behind. All other lifeforms doesn't have a rats chance of killing Potimas. The UFO and robots are already available in masses for Potimas to use and I believed has already done human experimentation at that point. I believe that even if all other lifeform on that planet wage war against Potimas they would still lose unless Kuro does it himself.

Isabelle and KhayDesu like this.
  4. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, supposedly Sariel is going to die no matter what. The difference between Ariel and Dustin's plans is whether her soul survives or collapses.

I kind of wonder if maybe she'll survive and get dropped down to being a human or something, though. Gyurie too.

KhayDesu and Isabelle like this.
  5. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sariel definitely looks set to die. The only questions are whether her soul will survive and in the scenario where she is freed from the System, what would she do between that and her dying. Putting it another way, upon being freed I'd expect some reaction from her. That could be anything from regret to anger. She might even attack Ariel or Shiro.

Isabelle and KhayDesu like this.
  6. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Potimas was destined to die in the novel anyways regardless of what he does, he made himself the enemy of the world basically even Dustin pose a more threat than him in the latest wn chapters

The Only reason she's still alive is because Shiro didn't kill her is because she keeps the system afloat and her promise to maou, Shiro hates Sariel very much
    Shiro worked real hard in helping maou set up the war to get MA energy and she got things already planned out and all that is left is to carry it out, so war begins and people slaughter each other Sariel interferes and Shiro was so pissed that she summoned a Queen Catarect in the First Fortress and she kills Julius, then Sariel uses her authority to make Shun The New Hero and expending a ridiculous amount of MA Energy, if Shiro didn't have her promise with Maou she'd rip Sariel to shreds.
    In the recent chapters characters are dropping like flies, Orc-kun is already dead and the world is in a showdown (most of which don't know what the hell is going on, Shiro is fighting Pussy Guri Guri in The System room etc etc. Im rooting for Shiro! go kill them all!

Hanada, Isabelle and Kphone89 like this.
  7. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    If Shiro never stepped up Potimas will not die and even when Shiro helped out Ariel was on the brinked of death.

8. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Areil wanted to kill her father alone, and Shiro let her.

Potimas would have died eventually, yes, but not until he fled the world due to its death and got smacked down by some real god. He was prepared to fight Gyurie who is weak for a Dragon God, and there are ones that make THEM look weak.

I would half expect D to squish him for no longer being amusing. Of there have been something with the system Potimas had missed due to his arrogance that killed him the second he fled.

KhayDesu likes this.
  9. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to have forgotten that the system disallows everyone from leaving the planet as long as they are connected to it. The moment Potimas get's out of the planet's orbit (assumed range of system), his soul would be ripped from his body and processed by the system.
    This becomes another reason why if all of humanity turned on Potimas (when the system started), he'd be forced to be in his bubble (that doesn't guarantee to protect him) or die from trying to escape the planet.

Even the students (who are only connected through [n%I=W]) cannot leave the planet. If they could, Shiro would've evacuated every student who wasn't the hero (Shun). Only after she evolved into a goddess was she free from the system and able to visit Earth and meet D and Meido.

10. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    The reincarnator can leave the planet but it is very troublesome. If it is impossible Shiro wouldn't have offered it to Sofia and Oni-kun too bad that they didn't take the offer.

11. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no If Shiro didn't step up bs because the plot won't allow it, Shiro's path to being strong (and eventually to godhood) would let her clash with Potimas regardless of what she did

Yeah thats bound to happen 100%

12. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiro mentioned it without detail as a "what if" and was referring to after the system was shut down.

After the system is shut down (and assuming none of the reincarnators do something stupid like sensei did-but Shiro fixed), the protective shells Shiro put on their souls guarantee they WILL survive the system shutdown.

What happens after the system is shut down?
    The reincarnators and surviving humans (and their mutations) will need to survive on the other world.
    I expect the monsters to survive and maintain their base stats and their inherent skills similar to Shiro's deification.
    With that said, Sophia and Wrath should survive and no longer have [n%I=W]. At this point, she could take them back to Earth.

KhayDesu likes this.
  13. LevelTryHard

LevelTryHard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apology accepted

14. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually look forward to the planet's ecosystem crashing because there is almost no normal animal life left apart from in the oceans.

KhayDesu likes this.
  15. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone did
    Shun (this bastard) spams his ressurection skill eating away the protection Shiro gave her and now his soul is on the verge of annihilation *bo-ho cry me a river :blobcat_knife: hope you die you bastard.

Edit: ah so it was the system in whuch he offered his soul to

Too bad
    Wrath-kun offered his soul to Shiro(? this was pretty vague, ) destroying it in the process meaning he can't come back

Highly unlikely, characters are dropping like flies in the recent chapters unless the author has a plan for them

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Hanada and Kphone89 like this.
  16. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's spiteful. I don't think Shun has done anything wrong apart from being so boring it could kill you.

Wrath offered his soul to the System to grind it up as fuel. It's the same thing all of Ariel's friends and fellow experiments did when they reached the end of their lives.

I don't believe that this is the end of the actual story so I do not necessarily believe that Wrath is really really dead. Has anyone else really died? That we care about, I mean. Dragon minibosses don't count.

17. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    Oni-kun literally offered his soul to the system to become fuel and his body turned to ash. I don't think he could come back from that unless D has some back up data of all reincarnators

18. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is exactly what I am thinking, actually. I think she's snatching up reincarnator souls the moment they die.

Interception!

To be clear, I think it's unlikely he will directly affect the plot again, but I think he might get to rest in peace by the end rather than becoming kerosene.

KhayDesu likes this.
  19. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, why didn’t they just ask people to delete their skills? After all, it is possible and the ones to die from the destruction of the system will be the ones with a high status.
    Is it because a bunch of people just wouldn’t do it?

20. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the price tag for deleting skills is HUGE. Sensei deleted the "this is my dream and this world is intended only for me" psycho's skills as a punishment for trying to murder Shun, and nearly destroyed her own soul in the process. The only silver lining is that doing this also purged Potimas's little puppeteer parasite, allowing Shiro to put a seal on Sensei's soul so he can't just plant a new one and take over.

Under normal circumstances, Shiro can't do squat to someone that Potimas has infected.