LCD Kidnapped Dragons

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by MangoGuy, Dec 31, 2020.

1. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i thought the same after i posted my message, so the next arc probably has to deal with political like shenanigans until Yu Jitae puts his foot down hard. Maybe after that there will be dragons?

Tarrian likes this.
  2. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, I'd love for the author to give us the best of both worlds in that regard. It would be the best for one of the arcs to basically be Red's sis being instigated by Hostility and showing up to cause trouble, showing us more of the state of the dragon home in the process while giving us some closure on the sister arc. I will be really disappointed if we don't see that backstory tied up.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  3. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine after Yu Jitaes training she will be able to wipe the floor with her parents much less her siblings

Tarrian likes this.
  4. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh hell yeah, I'll take some more Yeorum instead of political BS any day. The training segment was actually pretty entertaining, we got to see a bit more of her personality beyond just 'Trogg-smash!', giving her a bit more relatable depth. Springtime has come for lil Red, she can fight again, woohoo! Bahaha! She may be a crass and crude b***h, but she's still great. Looking forward to what's looking to be a tournament arc, should be fun.

The chicken clearly failed to learn from its previous experiences, remaining unable to detect the malice of others in seemingly harmless actions. Pfft, the protector fattening him up for Kaeul is priceless.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was half-expecting her to insist on leaving the chains on.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  6. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    it probably wont be much like a regular tournament arc, considering the mc isnt participating and this should just be an opportunity to show off Red dragons training

7. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd personally expect to see the whole drop the extra weight bit gag at some point ... (or at least hope lol)

kyoshijiro likes this.
  8. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    She probably isn't able to remove the restraints on her own so it wouldn't make for a very impactful moment

9. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    true, and from the way it was written it seemed to be as painful to remove as to place or worse

kyoshijiro likes this.
  10. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    At least when you take it off yourself. She didn't seem to suffer at all when Yu Jitae took them off her

11. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Uwaaaah, that title. Yeorum's mouth. Haha.

*does a little happy jig* Looks like we're at least going to get to see a bit of lil Red thrashing and bashing the 'elites' of Lair. The ones who were laughing about her walking training are going to be experiencing severe shock soon.

It was nice to see a little rivalry and s**t-talking between her and Sophia, I'm glad that the author decided to make her a little more than a 2D cutout of a rage machine. Who knows, maybe in the long run the two of them will end up being friends. Add the two that she helped with the 'demon hunting' exercise before, and she can form an actual party!

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a small part of me that thought Sophia might be the first fight and the first OHKO ;)

There was also a part of me that figured she wouldn't bother with using a sword against most opponents.
    I could see that, but if it happens, then I feels sorry for their teammates always having to pull them off of each other ;)

kyoshijiro likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “He’s trash then.” There's quite a few adult dragons that would qualify as trash by that metric...

If you get penalized for dueling weaklings, and you can't choose your opponents, then wouldn't that screw up the rankings and cause them to be based more on luck than skill? At least for the people near the top of the rankings anyway.

Honestly, it feels a bit off to me that anyone in this school could be a threat to her when she was rampaging across Africa before she even met the MC.

viprei and kyoshijiro like this.
  14. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    i know, i was also weirded out by that fact when they mentioned that there were students in lair strong enough to threaten her. Shouldnt you be amongst the top 1% in terms of worldwide power to face a dragon? apparently not, you just need to be a talented genius.

as for the rankings, at first yeah you will be screwed depending on luck, but with time, as long as the system keeps matching you with people at your level, it will eventually show an accurate ranking

15. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    wait wait wait... not to hijack the thread or anything... but i was like, "they had a LCD for INVISIBLE DRAGON?! what are they talking about there? the how great the word continuu is??" and then I realized it was actually a whole new different novel... *ashamed face*

kyoshijiro likes this.
  16. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    remember they are considered babies to the dragons, and babies are weaker then adults ... so in theory the top 1% from the schools should have a chance against her (pre training)

I believe that one had been fully translated years back, nice to know it's the same writer though

kyoshijiro and zetsuen_dark like this.
  17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm basing my confusion off of Yeorum's exploits prior to being kidnapped by the MC. It took a top tier world ranker to stop her, but now top tier students are expected to be a challenge for her. Its like saying someone at the lower end of the NBA is having trouble 1v1'ing members of the national high school all-star team, only more extreme.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  18. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    true she did raise cain before the MC found her, then it seemed her strength got gutted like a fresh fish when she started at the school. Honestly I can't remember what happened to her between the capture and the school though, but I thought that dude she fought left an injury that took till around yellows' mess to fully heal and she hadn't fought since the start of school (where she had beat down everyone in front of her) but being around the MC kind a broke her for awhile too

19. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    She healed quickly thanks to Bom. I can only assume that the people she beat up in africa were normal soldiers and not very strong and then the ranker appeared and wiped the floor with Red, and the author simply dramatized the event to make it look more even?

20. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the fight with the ranker was nowhere near even, he roughed her up without breaking a sweat. The guy was talking casually with her and trying to get her to surrender before he got serious. He was about to cut off her arm before Jitae busted in and wiped the floor with him.

But yeah, considering the setting the most you could expect her to be fighting by that point would be 'rankers' in the 1000+ range working as mercenaries. Anything above that is probably making mad bank in more profitable and less dangerous places than chaotic battlefields.

jacobpaige and kyoshijiro like this.