News ======== Novel Site Problems ======== Is it down?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by TheOddGod, Nov 29, 2015.

1. lavendidi

lavendidi First of Her Name, Lover of Cliches

Reading List:
    Link
    Same conclusion. Doesn't work on my phone but it was fine in my laptop and pc.

2. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone knows what happen to centinni?
    rarely check the site, today i saw account suspended on the page

3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it imploded. one of the two people who ran it took the money and left. it was a surprise to no one

AMissingLinguist and wantek like this.
  4. Kiriko

Kiriko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happened to Fuwa Fuwa Tales? Their wordpress site seems to be up, but they've removed all the pages from it. Which means that the first four chapters of a series I translated after them before (The Magnificent Battle Records of a Former Noble Lady) are gone. Well, since Centinni's gone, the rest of the series after where I left off is gone too anyhow.......but just figured I'd ask.

5. Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu

Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu ‖True Chaos‖Twisted Prodigy‖True Energy‖Gamer God‖

Reading List:
    Link
    google says this
    (The page owner isn't allowing Google to read the page, so we couldn't create a good page description. Unfortunately there's nothing that Google can do about this.
    If you know the site owners, tell them about it, and send them a link to this page.)
    hope this helps you @Kiriko

6. Kiriko

Kiriko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, I don't know any of their contact info, as that page is down too. Judging from the 'RIP' on their site, everything was intentionally taken down, though for unknown reasons. I was hoping that maybe the site owner was on NU and would see my post, so I could ask about that, but no luck I suppose. Thank you for taking the time to reply though, I really appreciate it!

7. Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu

Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu ‖True Chaos‖Twisted Prodigy‖True Energy‖Gamer God‖

Reading List:
    Link
  8. shahijohn

shahijohn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's down for me

9. gomezcarsonk

gomezcarsonk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you open various sites using other languages, but you are not prompted to translate the page and there is no “Translate page” icon in the address bar, and if the function “Offer page translation if their language differs from the one used in the browser” is enabled, click on the page, which you want to translate, right-click and select “Translate into English”. After these actions, the “Translate page” icon will appear in the address bar and you can, by clicking on it in the parameters, select the desired translation settings.

10. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For readers following My Iyashikei Game and Case Files 013, my blog has been reported as suspicious. Well, turns out it's something to do with the blogger servers, as many blogs are facing the same problem https://support.google.com/blogger/...er=(category:blogger_category_error_messages)

I've used nothing but Google Ads and Widgets from sites like Patreon and Kofi, but I'm totally unfamiliar with websites and stuff so who knows what's really happening.

In any case, I'd suggest my readers to avoid my blog for now and use my Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/lonelyman) instead to access the chapters. The chapters on the blog have been set to public visibility at my Patreon.

Happy Reading.

11. JJaeger

JJaeger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know what happened to JP MechTrans? When I was going to read a WN from their site it was down.

12. ecl95

ecl95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone else have problems with loading kakaopage chapters on their laptop browsers? I just get black boxes.....

EDIT: for future reference for others, they really don't like VPNs I guess? try disabling VPN if you're using one, although that seems to be a partial fix at best for me. Appreciate any help/tips

13. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like foxaholic is down. Anyone know if this is a planned site update or an error?

BillionJellyfish likes this.
  14. BillionJellyfish

BillionJellyfish Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same problem, just realized foxaholic is down after refreshing the website several times and even restarted my laptop. I think it's the website's problem, but there may be updates on Foxaholic's discord?

15. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Good call. Apparently they're migrating server. Not sure when they'll be back up, though.

BillionJellyfish likes this.
  16. Celciusss

Celciusss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else having issues with lightnovelstranslations?

I haven't been able to connect to them for over two weeks now. I've tried multiple browsers, cleared cache, no-adblock, but nothing has worked and I just get "The connection has timed out".

I have a feeling I've been IP blocked, but I haven't even done as much as put up a comment on their website.

17. Pam2206

Pam2206 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know if something is wrong with mtl corner? It was fine last night but today it says 505 error or it loads another page, also I was part of their discord and I can’t find it anymore maybe I was deleted or something but I’m not sure, it all happened today. Is it just me?

18. UNGamer

UNGamer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    translatinotaku.net is down. does anyone know when it is going to open?
    Edited:
    It's back online

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  19. Iliketoread

Iliketoread Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same problem here, but it just won't load for me.
    if there are any solutions please help

20. JJaeger

JJaeger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a problem with their DNS records, you can use a proxy to bypass it. Try to acess jp-mechtrans dot com through kproxy dot com or through startpage dot com "private browsing" button.

I can't post links yet, switch dot for a "." and put https:// behind the links and there you have it.